Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: The Peace and Love Message Board
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:37 am 

It's so nice that the sainted people of the Region have the wonderful We're Free board on which they can post their messages of peace and love.
Here's a sample of what the admin there has to say:

This board must be a threat to someone...

Post by Admin on 9/16/2009, 12:35 pm
...because I am amazed at the number of outright lies being posted about the We're Free! discussion board on other boards, blogs, and/or radio shows. I have two comments.

There is no censorship occurring here. One topic was recently moved and locked, and unfortunately two members were trying to post to the topic as it was being locked. I apologize to those two members (UrRight and Passion) for this occurrence, and rest assured, you can post whatever you want as long as it isn't a gross violation of the Terms of Service.

I was informed of a post made on another discussion board concerning cookies being set on this site by a third party. This is an outright lie, and the individual who made this statement should be ashamed of himself. I hope this individual does the right thing and retracts this libelous statement. That post is just the latest in a series of ridiculous statements being made concerning the security of the We're Free! board. This Invision board is extremely secure, in fact much more secure than a phpBB3 board using the phpBB2/subsilver skin, such as the board where the post mentioned above was made. This FACT is no doubt frustrating to those who are out to discredit the We're Free! board. I think it is time for those people to find another tactic.

-Admin

Paranoid or what?
Here's how Artie shows his love for me and my recent injury and WJOB's Preacher when he is going through a family crisis with his dad's poor health:

Re: The Creature known as "Preacher"

Post by Artie60438 on 10/15/2009, 5:04 pm
Highlight of the day was a short rant about Tom Dabertin. He was complaining he was doing 3 different jobs for Hammond. The "one armed" Bimbo from Brunswick called in and naturally agreed with her puppet. Shocked

Very,very,little about penguins. I guess he's having trouble finding penguin jokes.

He also spent a considerable amount of time replaying JED's show from the other day when he had "Charlie" in the studio. Played it twice in fact. (For a guy that doesn''t want him to call into his show he sure spends a lot of time discussing him,doesn't he?).

Artie60438

Artie60438

* Post #139

Post by Artie60438 Yesterday at 5:24 pm
Todays episode:They're out to get me

The Creature opened the show whining about not getting his side of the street cleaned and how he was being targeted and all his neighbors were suffering as a result of it.He also announced that the 37 people that live on his block would not be voting to re-elect the Mayor. He saw the sweeper sweep the other side of the street and keep going. (Isn't that the way sweepers operate? I believe it would not be practical or cost efficient to sweep both sides at the same time. At the very least it would be a waste of fuel as the sweeper would be traveling a greater distance)

Pretty much the whole show was bashing Hammond,Charter School,Downtown,buses,and noisy RR trains around Parrish ave. He also was having a fit that the restaurant at Lost Marsh was featuring free appetizers as a promotion. Claimed they were giving away his tax dollars. (Ever hear of a promotion,genius?)

Stupid Preacher moment was when he claimed he was a Democrat,but not too long afterwards bemoaned the fact that there were no Republican shows on,only "F&M type" shows.(Hey dumbass...What do you call "Shop Talk" w/Republican ex-Mayor Dedelow?)

Towards the end of the show he claimed that there was something getting hot regarding the Hammond Fire dept and it may get "ugly". Something about tearing the dept in two. (Anyone know what he's referring to?)

Finally,just before the show ended our favorite Hammond headcase,"Marsha" called in to complain about how the Mayor treated her this AM. (Yeah,the Mayor made a complete fool out of her by asking her a simple question that she couldn't answer because she obviously wasn't listening to a word he said. She was absolutely clueless and I personally,as I'm sure others were laughing our butts off during it.
Good job Mayor. Keep going after here and fight her scurrilous lies)

Ain't he sweet????

Post subject: Re: The Peace and Love Message Board
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:43 am 

You seem to thrive on being as dislikeable as possible.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:25 pm 

THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD IS:

freetime wrote:
It's so nice that the sainted people of the Region have the wonderful We're Free board on which they can post their messages of peace and love.
Here's a sample of what the admin there has to say:

This board must be a threat to someone...

Post by Admin on 9/16/2009, 12:35 pm
...because I am amazed at the number of outright lies being posted about the We're Free! discussion board on other boards, blogs, and/or radio shows. I have two comments.

There is no censorship occurring here. One topic was recently moved and locked, and unfortunately two members were trying to post to the topic as it was being locked. I apologize to those two members (UrRight and Passion) for this occurrence, and rest assured, you can post whatever you want as long as it isn't a gross violation of the Terms of Service.

I was informed of a post made on another discussion board concerning cookies being set on this site by a third party. This is an outright lie, and the individual who made this statement should be ashamed of himself. I hope this individual does the right thing and retracts this libelous statement. That post is just the latest in a series of ridiculous statements being made concerning the security of the We're Free! board. This Invision board is extremely secure, in fact much more secure than a phpBB3 board using the phpBB2/subsilver skin, such as the board where the post mentioned above was made. This FACT is no doubt frustrating to those who are out to discredit the We're Free! board. I think it is time for those people to find another tactic.

-Admin

Paranoid or what?
Here's how Artie shows his love for me and my recent injury and WJOB's Preacher when he is going through a family crisis with his dad's poor health:

Post by Artie60438 on 10/15/2009, 5:04 pm
Highlight of the day was a short rant about Tom Dabertin. He was complaining he was doing 3 different jobs for Hammond. The "one armed" Bimbo from Brunswick called in and naturally agreed with her puppet. Shocked

Very,very,little about penguins. I guess he's having trouble finding penguin jokes.

He also spent a considerable amount of time replaying JED's show from the other day when he had "Charlie" in the studio. Played it twice in fact. (For a guy that doesn''t want him to call into his show he sure spends a lot of time discussing him,doesn't he?).

Artie60438

Artie60438

* Post #139

Post by Artie60438 Yesterday at 5:24 pm
Todays episode:They're out to get me

The Creature opened the show whining about not getting his side of the street cleaned and how he was being targeted and all his neighbors were suffering as a result of it.He also announced that the 37 people that live on his block would not be voting to re-elect the Mayor. He saw the sweeper sweep the other side of the street and keep going. (Isn't that the way sweepers operate? I believe it would not be practical or cost efficient to sweep both sides at the same time. At the very least it would be a waste of fuel as the sweeper would be traveling a greater distance)

Pretty much the whole show was bashing Hammond,Charter School,Downtown,buses,and noisy RR trains around Parrish ave. He also was having a fit that the restaurant at Lost Marsh was featuring free appetizers as a promotion. Claimed they were giving away his tax dollars. (Ever hear of a promotion,genius?)

Stupid Preacher moment was when he claimed he was a Democrat,but not too long afterwards bemoaned the fact that there were no Republican shows on,only "F&M type" shows.(Hey dumbass...What do you call "Shop Talk" w/Republican ex-Mayor Dedelow?)

Towards the end of the show he claimed that there was something getting hot regarding the Hammond Fire dept and it may get "ugly". Something about tearing the dept in two. (Anyone know what he's referring to?)

Finally,just before the show ended our favorite Hammond headcase,"Marsha" called in to complain about how the Mayor treated her this AM. (Yeah,the Mayor made a complete fool out of her by asking her a simple question that she couldn't answer because she obviously wasn't listening to a word he said. She was absolutely clueless and I personally,as I'm sure others were laughing our butts off during it.
Good job Mayor. Keep going after here and fight her scurrilous lies)

Ain't he sweet????

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:32 pm 

More sweetness and light from the We're Free message board, which was created because this board was too mean:

Post by BigFan Yesterday at 11:21 pm
The libel occurs every day on nwi.com by Marsha and her anonymous profile friend or friends.

Onlinesparks

sparks

* Post #143

Post by sparks Today at 5:26 am
The Preacher is a wormy whack job. Last winter he accused streets and sanitation of deliberately not plowing the front of his house as some sort of vendetta. He was so convinced that there was a conspiracy against him that he stayed up all night with a shotgun in his lap, "protecting" his home. As it turns out, the snow plows had to verve around the failed drifter's house because of low hanging tree branches from a tree that wasn't being trimmed. WJOB is starting to attract more and more listeners as JED upgrades the programming. I think Preacher will be gone as soon as WJOB finds some local talent to replace him.

The fact that I have no remedy for all the sorrows of the world is no reason for my accepting yours. It simply supports the strong probability that yours is a fake.

H. L. Mencken
1880-1956, American Editor, Author, Critic, Humorist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:41 pm 

These people spend an awful lot of time listening to WJOB and reporting it in their own way on We're Free. Are they unemployed or do they work for the city, giving them all that spare time? Good thing the WJOB audience hears the programming without their filter!

Re: WJOB calls

Post by Artie60438 on 9/25/2009, 5:47 pm

sparks wrote:On today's show, a caller was made to look pretty bad. "Marsha" called up railing against a plan by the RDA to build an amphitheater at Wolf Lake, claiming that the public hasn't been able to find any information about this project. After "Marsha" hung up, the next caller reamed her, basically calling her a crank who is completely negative about any plans to improve Hammond or Lake county. After that caller, the Hammond city attorney Chris Kantar called and said this project has been in the works for years, with multiple public hearings held about the proposal. She said Marsha was just to lazy to attend the meetings, preferring to use the phone to share her ignorance.

The batting average on her nonsensical allegations stays intact. .000 cheers

« View previous topic · View next topic »

* Reply to topic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:27 pm 

Looks like no one else cares.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:44 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

Even edge doesn't go there and he's a classic message board troll.

There was some thread about "We're Free" being dead with nobody posting anything and wondering if something was wrong with the bored or what was going on.

The Admin promptly moved it out of sight because his bored sucks.

It's all very funny. :smt006

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:54 pm 

Freetime:
If you still manage to irritate those jackasses on that virus/cookie-ridden forum, then you must be doing something right.
Keep up the good work.
:) :) :)

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:04 pm 

10-4. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:28 pm 

USMarine wrote:
-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

Even edge doesn't go there and he's a classic message board troll.

There was some thread about "We're Free" being dead with nobody posting anything and wondering if something was wrong with the bored or what was going on.

The Admin promptly moved it out of sight because his bored sucks.

It's all very funny. :smt006
Edge/Artie can't (or isn't supposed to) post there because markh will not allow sockpuppets...but then we don't know about his exceptions. I've counted four versions of the Admin over there...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:51 pm 

Too bad I missed Artie's post on the We're Free board, because I would have known sooner that the Indiana State Police's drug case against the Woerpel family won't amount to anything. He may be right, considering Julie Cantrell is still shown as the judge in the case in which her brother John is representing Dave Woerpel. The first hearing is scheduled for Nov. 6, and she has not recused herself, so Artie may just be right. Maybe it will all just go away.
Let's see what that renowned legal scholar Artie had to say about the case:

Re: FreeTime..."So Glad Dominques put out the end of the "SPIN"

Post by Artie60438 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:30 pm
The funny thing is how the Bimbo on Brunswick thinks this is going to amount to anything. Her calls for a resignation are the delusions of a mental case. When people go to the polls next time,the last thing they're going to be concerned with are 2 politicians trying to one up another.

Watching her and all her sock puppets spring into action as if this is some sort of actual scandal that would count with voters is hilarious. But I guess when everyone of your witch hunts and failed accusations always end up in the toilet these losers can always cling to hope.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:25 am 

Posters who get banned here can always find a home at the We're Free message board.

Here we have my old stalker, UrRight:

Could NOT believe this when I read it. Paid lunches/breaks to Hammond employees

Post by UrRight on 10/14/2009, 9:04 pm
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/opinion/ed ... 1d770.html

I do not get paid by my employer now, nor in the past for two fifteen minute breaks required by FEDERAL LAW, and my lunch break. I reported to work at 7:30 a.m. and was allowed only two fifteen minute breaks. One at 10:00 a.m. and one before my 9 hour shift (because they did not pay you for breaks or lunch), ended. Lunch was 30 minutes. You didn't get paid for those breaks or lunches. Believe me, the stress I and other co workers went through without union representation was more tasking than driving a dump truck picking up garbage, sitting at a desk, answering phones.

We were the backbone of the company. Without us, the company and salesmen couldn't exist. The economy took it all away.

But even now, after landing a dream job, I am not paid for lunch or breaks. There are times and a lot of times I don't take lunch or breaks. Because I am that grateful for what job I landed.

It's absurd in this time to PAY any employee while not working, if you want to really save your own job. Whether it's private, or a politically-connected job, savor it, treasure it, and do all you can to help save money.

Bow your head in shame, Mr. McDermott.You may be a lawyer, but I don't think you're an "economist". I think any fifth-grader is smarter than you.

Nice to see that you have apparently recovered from that "permanent disability" you have been claiming.
Stop talking about me, Norma! Payback is a bitch.

:smt006 :smt006

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:39 pm 

Congratulations, freetime.
They've got a thread dedicated to you on the other board, and parts of it are 'restricted access/members only'. You really know how to get under their skin. The Mama's Boy administrator is apparently in on it, too, because he's allowing some sort of unflattering picture to accompany all of the posts. These same people endlessly whine over disparaging remarks about Barry, but they have no problem piling onto a private citizen.
Hypocrites, one and all.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:18 pm 

That picture was posted repeatedly by a high ranking Hammond official in his long quest to shut me up. He posted countless scurrilous lies about me on the nwitimes message board too, starting in 2004. He leads a pack of mcthugs who insist that there be no criticism of Hammond's government.
Not very democratic for Democrats, are they?
btw, i'd love to know what Artie looks like. Anyone got a picture of him they can post?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:22 pm 

freetime wrote:
btw, i'd love to know what Artie looks like. Anyone got a picture of him they can post?

Here ya go, Freetime..... :smt006

And here's where he lives...... :smt005