Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Paul Ryan....VP..
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:24 am 

edge540 wrote:
Moby Grape wrote:
edge540 wrote:
a right wing extremist tea bagger who wants to gut medicare and give millionaires and billionaires even more tax cuts on the backs of the poor, middle class and elderly will go down as one the biggest politcal blunders in history.

that's a lie.

Sorry, it's 100% fact.
Getting rid of medicare and lowering taxes for the ultra wealthy are going to be THE issues that WILL sink Mittens and Ryan:

sorry to break the news to you.

Quote:
Obamascared: Fla. seniors prefer Ryan’s plan to Obamacare
Washington Examiner, by Joel Gehrke

Democrats eager to tell seniors President Obama will protect them from Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan have a problem: Florida seniors want Ryan to protect them from Obamacare, a new poll suggests.

In Florida, “48 percent of the state’s voters fear the president’s health care law more than Ryan’s proposal when it comes to Medicare,” Rasmussen found in a survey of 500 likely voters (subscriber content). “Just 41 percent fear Ryan’s proposal more.”

Ryan’s lead over Obama is even larger among senior citizens, of whom “54 percent are more fearful of the president’s plan.”

Overall, Romney leads Obama 45 to 43 in Florida, according to the survey (which has a 4.5 percent margin of error).

Ryan’s strength against Obama on the issue of Medicare may suggest Romney-Ryan advertisement attacking Obama for using Medicare money to pay for Obamacare is working.

“This could cost us the election,” the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee wrote in a typically-distraught fundraising email. “The Romney campaign is up with a new ad campaign trying to confuse voters into thinking that Republicans are the ones trying to protect Medicare.”

http://washingtonexaminer.com/obamascar ... C0ssHkzzTo

In Florida, so far, seniors believe Ryan, not Obama.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:05 am 

Paul Ryan Asked for Stimulus Cash, Then Lied About Doing So
Quote:
Paul Ryan is in a bit of ideological trouble today after it was revealed that the congressman lied about requesting a stimulus package. Just yesterday Ryan told ABC's Cincinatti affiliate:
"I never asked for stimulus," Ryan said. "I don't recall… so I really can't comment on it. I opposed the stimulus because it doesn't work, it didn't work."

Quote:
In 2009, Ryan wrote to Energy Secretary Steven Chu and Labor Secretary Hilda Solis asking for stimulus money to cover costs on two energy conservation projects in his home state of Wisconsin. In the letter, Ryan said the funds would help create jobs and reduce "energy consumption" in the state. At least one of the companies received the requested cash.

http://gawker.com/5935553/paul-ryan-asked-for-stimulus-cash-then-lied-about-doing-so

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:43 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Paul Ryan Asked for Stimulus Cash, Then Lied About Doing So
Quote:
Paul Ryan is in a bit of ideological trouble today after it was revealed that the congressman lied about requesting a stimulus package. Just yesterday Ryan told ABC's Cincinatti affiliate:
"I never asked for stimulus," Ryan said. "I don't recall… so I really can't comment on it. I opposed the stimulus because it doesn't work, it didn't work."

Quote:
In 2009, Ryan wrote to Energy Secretary Steven Chu and Labor Secretary Hilda Solis asking for stimulus money to cover costs on two energy conservation projects in his home state of Wisconsin. In the letter, Ryan said the funds would help create jobs and reduce "energy consumption" in the state. At least one of the companies received the requested cash.

http://gawker.com/5935553/paul-ryan-asked-for-stimulus-cash-then-lied-about-doing-so

typical lib tactic...

Appears to me the Congressman was just doing his job and made the request on behalf of one of his constituents. If he didn't you'd be on your pedestal berating him I'm sure.

the stimulus was supposed to be a ''good thing'' wasn't it chuck?

I don't suppose you have any information on how this company is doing do you?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:57 am 

mr grape wrote:
Quote:
nothing but made up crap and lies along with the attacks by rabid liberal doosh bag whiners.

What was that again?

Paul Ryan is a lying asswipe.
Quote:
Paul Ryan sought Stimulus money for his district while publically blasting it

August 17, 2012
By: Robert Bowen

Ryan sought stimulus money for his district while attacking the Stimulus publically. Then he covered it up.
At least twice over the last two years reporters confronted Rep. Paul Ryan, on whether he was asking for Stimulus money for his district while blasting it publically. Twice Ryan emphatically denied doing so. Thursday Ryan had to “apologize,” as letters surfaced confirming that he, like so many other Republicans in Congress, is two-faced on the Stimulus.

What says more about his character, the hypocrisy or the cover-up?

Ryan's latest denial came in an interview with Cincinnati's WCPO-TV. “No, I never asked for stimulus,’’ Ryan said. This contradicts letters that Ryan wrote in 2009 to Energy Secretary Steven Chu and Labor Secretary Hilda Solis seeking stimulus grant money for two Wisconsin energy conservation companies. One of them, the nonprofit Wisconsin Energy Conservation Corp., later received $20.3 million from the Energy Department to help homes and businesses improve energy efficiency, according to federal records.

In his letters lobbying for Stimulus funds, Ryan said the stimulus cash would help his state create “thousands of new jobs, save energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.” While Ryan was making those assertions privately, he was making speech after speech saying the Stimulus did not and would not create a single job. His statement about reducing greenhouse gas is a goal that is totally inconsistent with his pro-oil, anti-renewable energy votes in Congress.
An audio tape of Ryan telling Boston's WBZ Radio two years ago that he "did not ask for stimulus money," in response to a caller's question about the recovery program has surfaced. He went further in his cover-up. "I'm not one who votes for something and then writes to the government to ask them to send us money," Ryan said. The Boston globe first reported on this.

Letters uncovered show Ryan also backed the Energy Center of Wisconsin's grant application for stimulus money "to develop an industry-driven training and placement agenda that intends to place 1,000 workers in green jobs."

The letters underscores Ryan's hypocrisy since he attempted to slash the Energy Department programs aimed at creating green jobs and calls for "getting Washington out of the business of picking winners and losers in the economy — and that includes our energy sector." He’s against picking winners unless they are in his District and can help him get votes.

After hearing the tapes, Ryan’s office issued a new statement about the letters “They were treated as constituent service requests in the same way matters involving Social Security or Veterans Affairs are handled,’’ he said in the statement. “This is why I didn’t recall the letters earlier. But they should have been handled differently, and I take responsibility for that. Regardless, it’s clear that the Obama stimulus did nothing to stimulate the economy, and now the President is asking to do it all over again.’’

Ryan is not the only Republican Congress Member who criticized the stimulus plan only to seek money later. Georgia's Republican senators, Saxby Chambliss and Johnny Isakson, for example, blasted the bill as a bloated government giveaway yet asked Defense Secretary Robert Gates to steer $50 million in stimulus money to a constituent's bio-energy project.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:10 pm 

He didn't ask for it, one of his constituents did.

BFD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:14 pm 

The lying asswipe-hypocrite wrote the letters requesting the fuking stimulus funds.
Period.

That IS a BFD.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:16 pm 

edge540 wrote:
The lying asswipe-hypocrite wrote the letters requesting the fuking stimulus funds.
Period.

That IS a BFD.

Solyndra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:20 pm 

Republican style integrity:

"I'm not one of those people who votes for something then writes to the government to ask them to send us money. I did not request any stimulus money"

"I never asked for stimulus"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:41 pm 

I wasn't aware that those whose serve in the Legislature requested funds.... :roll:

JHC edge, he did what his ALL his constituents expected him to do....and not just the ones he agrees with.

Ryan can oppose the stimulus all he wants. But he knows it would be wrong to impose his views on the constituents he doesn't agree with and prevent them from applying for funds while everyone else is doing it.

He's telling the truth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:23 pm 

Paul Ryan is lying sack ofshit

Quote:
"I'm not one of those people who votes for something then writes to the government to ask them to send us money. I did not request any stimulus money
"

No, you lying sack ofshit, that is EXACTLY what you did and LIED about it.

Quote:
Ryan called the bill a “wasteful spending spree” that “misses the mark on all counts,” but wrote a letter to Department of Labor Secretary Hilda Solis in October in 2009 supporting a grant application from a group in his district which “intended to place 1,000 workers in green jobs,” according to the Wall Street Journal,
But on October 28, 2010, in a WBZ Nightside with Dan Rea interview, a caller asked Ryan if he had sought any of the money, to which Ryan responded that he would not vote against the bill “then write to the government to ask them to send us money.” He added, “I did not request any stimulus money.”

Au contraire, mon fraire. According to the Boston Globe, he sent the first of a series of letters on behalf of Wisconsin Energy Conservation Corporation (WECC), stating that the stimulus money would:

“[C]reate or retain approximately 7,600 new jobs over the three-year grant period and the subsequent three years…

…I was pleased that the primary objectives of their project will allow residents and businesses in the partner cities to reduce their energy costs, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and stimulate the local economy by creating new jobs.”

Quote:
Paul Ryan is a Lying Liar

Posted on 08/16/2012

During a television interview today Paul Ryan said he “never asked for stimulus.”

That’s a lie.

He wrote at least four letters asking for stimulus funds in 2009 according to the Associated Press.

Rep. Ryan wrote letters in 2009 to Energy Secretary Steven Chu and Labor Secretary Hilda Solis seeking stimulus grant money for two Wisconsin energy conservation companies. One of them, the nonprofit Wisconsin Energy Conservation Corp., later received $20.3 million from the Energy Department to help homes and businesses improve energy efficiency, according to federal records.

In a letter to Chu in December 2009, Ryan said the stimulus money would help his state create thousands of new jobs, save energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. [...]

Ryan also sent three letters to Chu in October 2009 seeking stimulus money for the Energy Center of Wisconsin, another nonprofit organization that promotes energy efficiency. The company later received $190,000 in stimulus money to conduct research on geothermal heating and $50,000 more to develop a training curriculum for students at Milwaukee Area Technical College.

This is the really good part

[In] Ryan’s letter to the Labor Department in October 2009, he backed the Energy Center of Wisconsin’s grant application for stimulus money “to develop an industry-driven training and placement agenda that intends to place 1,000 workers in green jobs.”

Not only did Ryan request stimulus funds, he requested funds to save energy, reduction greenhouse gas emissions, and create green jobs.

Green jobs!

Where’s Darrell Issa when you need him? Who knows if Paul Ryan steered funds to the next Solyndra!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:56 pm 

edge and chucksmo can :smt005 all they want....meaningless soap opera crap as always. Yet they believe all the crap Dumbo shovels....comical...to say the least... :smt005 :smt006

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:02 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Period.

That IS a BFD.

Edge...don't you know by now that it is OK when the rethugs do it...remember mitt's motto..I've got mine so screw you...typical conservative hypocrisy...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:03 pm 

"edge and chucksmo can :smt005 all they want....meaningless soap opera crap as always. Yet they believe all the crap Dumbo shovels....comical...to say the least... :smt005 :smt006"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:04 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
Solyndra

Watergate...game, set, match...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:25 pm 

What Paul Ryan's Budget Plan Would Mean for an Average Family
Quote:
The average American household has 2.6 people and lives on just under $50,000 per year. Under the current tax code, it pays 10% of its income up to $17,400 and 15% of everything above that. After the standard deduction of $11,900, this comes to $4,845 in base taxes, not including exemptions and tax credits.

Quote:
Ryan's plan streamlines the tax code, condensing the current six tax brackets into just two: 10% and 25%.
It seems reasonable to expect that it would stay somewhere near where the 25% bracket currently hits in, at $70,700 for a married couple filing jointly.

GEE A LITTLE MORE THAN THE 13.6% MITT PAYS NOW..(But I know that is OK with the cons on this board because they all make 20 million or more...)
Quote:
The Bipartisan Policy Center recently pointed out, the tax code would need to eliminate nearly every exemption -- including those enjoyed by poor and middle class workers. These include dependent exemptions, child tax credit, education credits, mortgage deduction credits, and other exemptions that bring down the average family's total tax burden.

...again not to worry ALL the cons here are not middle class...
Quote:
With all exemptions and credits removed, that turns the $3,810 tax bill that Ryan's plan proposed as a net savings for you into a $2,160 tax hike.

...and you rethuglicons will enjoy paying every extra penny...because one of your own is in the White House...I should just call of you Boxer...

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2012/08/16/paul-ryan-budget-plan-average-american-family/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmaing6%7Cdl7%7Csec3_lnk1&pLid=193604&a_dgi=aolshare_facebook&a_dgi=aolshare_email

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next