Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cheesed Off Wisconsin DemocRATS
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:02 am 

LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
Don't blame them...do you know of anyone that would work 30 extra minutes a day without any compensation?

what does your employer get in return?

a full 8 hours work for a full 8 hours pay?

I highly doubt it. Especially if you work for the gub'mint. They're the worst offenders and the loudest complainers.

I wouldn't hire anyone who has any experience working for any government entity listed on a resume unless they are a military veteran.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:35 pm 

Wisconsin’s Reforms Are Already Working
August 11, 2011 2:22 P.M.
By Christian Schneider

Earlier this week, the Chicago Bears’ all-pro defensive end Julius Peppers was asked whether his eight quarterback sacks last year were a disappointment. With a rejoinder worthy of Yogi Berra, Peppers answered, “I don’t like to put a number on stats.”

Wisconsin governor Scott Walker’s critics are also loath to put numbers on stats — numbers that show his public-sector collective-bargaining reforms are benefiting the state. Wisconsin is replete with examples of cities and school districts that are reforming their finances to finally balance their books — and doing it without significant cuts to services.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:15 pm 

Wisconsin Dems To Deliver Walker Recall Petitions Next Week
Quote:
Wisconsin Democrats have announced they will submit the petition signatures in their effort to recall Gov. Scott Walker next Tuesday, January 17 — with a massive drop-off of boxes at the state’s election administration agency, the Government Accountability Board:

Quote:
Meanwhile, Mary Spicuzza of the Wisconsin State Journal reports that the GAB is expecting to receive a total of 1.5 million signatures for the multiple recalls against Walker, Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch, and four Republican state Senators.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/01/wisconsin-dems-to-deliver-walker-recall-petitions-next-week.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:19 pm 

Quote:
Walker's approval and disapproval ratings both stood at 47 percent, down from a 51 percent approval rating that the same pollsters found last month. The current poll surveyed 716 Wisconsin residents who are registered to vote or said they plan to register. It was conducted from Feb. 16 through Sunday, and had an overall margin of error of plus or minus 3.7 percentage points.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20120223/GPG010403/202230565/State-voters-split-Walker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:17 am 

I'm sure the unions are jumping for joy!

Quote:
Democrats Kill Wisconsin Jobs
to Spite Governor Scott Walker

American Thinker, by Frank Burke

On March 6, every Democrat in the Wisconsin State Senate, and one Republican, voted down a bill that could have streamlined the permit process and permitted the development of an iron mine in a depressed area of northern Wisconsin. The mine would have initially employed 600 to 700 workers (eventually as many as 2,200) and injected at least 1.5 billion dollars into the local economy. Additionally, it would have proven a boon to Joy Manufacturing and Falk Corp., two major manufacturers of mining equipment located in Milwaukee.

Following the vote, Gogebic Taconite, the proposed developer, announced that they were abandoning efforts in Wisconsin. Their comments: "Senate rejection of the mining reforms in Assembly Bill 426 sends a clear message that Wisconsin will not welcome iron mining. We get the message. GTac is ending plans to invest in a Wisconsin mine."

Comments by Democrat Senators and by Dale Schultz, the lone Republican who voted against the Bill, included the citation of environmental concerns. The statements were flatly rejected by Cathy Stepp, secretary of Wisconsin's Department of Natural Resources, who stated that her agency would have been able to permit an iron mine in northern Wisconsin without harming the environment and blasted opponents of the permitting bill for "fear-mongering" (Wisconsin State Journal, March 9, 2012). She referenced the fact that the Army Corps of Engineers and the EPA had been involved from the first and that their continued monitoring would ensure safety in the water supply and the environment generally.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/03/ ... z1ouI8zwTc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:31 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
I'm sure the unions are jumping for joy!

Quote:
Democrats Kill Wisconsin Jobs
to Spite Governor Scott Walker

American Thinker, by Frank Burke

On March 6, every Democrat in the Wisconsin State Senate, and one Republican, voted down a bill that could have streamlined the permit process and permitted the development of an iron mine in a depressed area of northern Wisconsin. The mine would have initially employed 600 to 700 workers (eventually as many as 2,200) and injected at least 1.5 billion dollars into the local economy. Additionally, it would have proven a boon to Joy Manufacturing and Falk Corp., two major manufacturers of mining equipment located in Milwaukee.

Following the vote, Gogebic Taconite, the proposed developer, announced that they were abandoning efforts in Wisconsin. Their comments: "Senate rejection of the mining reforms in Assembly Bill 426 sends a clear message that Wisconsin will not welcome iron mining. We get the message. GTac is ending plans to invest in a Wisconsin mine."

Comments by Democrat Senators and by Dale Schultz, the lone Republican who voted against the Bill, included the citation of environmental concerns. The statements were flatly rejected by Cathy Stepp, secretary of Wisconsin's Department of Natural Resources, who stated that her agency would have been able to permit an iron mine in northern Wisconsin without harming the environment and blasted opponents of the permitting bill for "fear-mongering" (Wisconsin State Journal, March 9, 2012). She referenced the fact that the Army Corps of Engineers and the EPA had been involved from the first and that their continued monitoring would ensure safety in the water supply and the environment generally.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/03/ ... z1ouI8zwTc

Where does it say the unions killed the bill?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:33 pm 

Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker recall effort turned in 930,000 petition signatures
Quote:
MADISON — About 930,000 signatures were submitted on petitions seeking the recall of Republican Gov. Scott Walker. That is what the head of the Wisconsin state elections board reported Monday.

Quote:
Walker did not challenge any signatures, making it a near certainty that a recall election will be held. The earliest any primary will be is early May.

http://www.postcrescent.com/article/20120312/APC010401/120312106/Photos-video-story-Walker-recall-effort-turned-930-000-signatures?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CAPC-News%7Cs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:38 pm 

Poll Shows Scott Walker In Trouble Against Dems In Recall
Quote:
Walker starts out in trouble on a key number: His approval rating is 47%, to disapproval of 52%.

Quote:
Against the two declared Democratic candidates, former Dane County Executive Kathleen Falk edges Walker by 48%-47%, while the lesser-known state Sen. Kathleen Vinehout trails Walker by 46%-44%.

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/02/poll-shows-scott-walker-in-trouble-against-dems-in-recall.php

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:20 pm 

Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker’s anti-worker agenda falling apart at the seams?
Quote:
On Friday, March 30, Walker suffered two significant setbacks: a federal judge struck down two parts of his law that strips public service workers of their right to bargain collectively for fair wages and safe working conditions, and the state elections board set the date for the election to recall Walker.

http://www.educationvotes.nea.org/2012/04/02/federal-judge-throws-out-parts-of-wisconsin-anti-collective-bargaining-law/

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:35 am 

Quote:
Labor Headed for Wisconsin Catastrophe
Commentary Magazine, by Jonathan S. Tobin

The labor movement and its left-wing allies in the Democratic Party thought they were doing something extremely clever when they reacted to their defeats at the hands of Scott Walker in the Wisconsin legislature by starting a recall campaign. The recall enabled the losers of the 2010 election where Walker and the GOP swept to power in the state to, in effect, get a do-over in which they could act as if the previous result didn’t really count. But as the latest polls from Wisconsin show, they are on the eve of a catastrophic loss that will not only leave Walker in power and stronger than ever but also deal the Democrats a crucial loss that may be a harbinger of more setbacks in the fall.

The latest We Ask America poll in Wisconsin shows Walker expanding his lead over the Democratic alternative, Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett. Walker, who was shown in previous polls to have a smaller advantage, now is ahead by a decisive 52-43 margin.

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2012/ ... call-vote/

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:40 am 

in 1 year thgis guy,

Balanced the budget.

Erased the deficit.

lowered unemployment 3 points.

has the lowest property taxes that state has seen in 20 years.

And without raising taxes.

why do the unions hate this so much?

anybody know?

Quote:
[color=#000000]Walker administration releases job numbers
Associated Press, by Scott Bauer

MADISON (AP) - Gov. Scott Walker's administration released revised job creation figures Wednesday for the last three months of 2011 that he said show an increase in new jobs in Wisconsin during Walker's first year in office, attempting to debunk a central argument of those seeking to recall him on June 5.

While the recall was spurred by anger over Walker's successful effort effectively ending collective bargaining rights for most public workers, a major focus of the campaign has been how he's performed meeting his central 2010 campaign promise - creating 250,000 private sector jobs over four years.

http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/news/wis ... ob-numbers[/color]

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:25 pm 

Awesome: Wisconsin Public-Employee Unions Shed Half Its Membership Thanks To Governor Walker’s Law
Giddy up!

Quote:
Public-employee unions in Wisconsin have experienced a dramatic drop in membership — by more than half for the second-biggest union — since a law championed by Republican Gov. Scott Walker sharply curtailed their ability to bargain over wages and working conditions.

Now with Mr. Walker facing a recall vote Tuesday, voters will decide whether his policies in the centrist state should continue — or whether they have gone too far.

The election could mark a pivot point for organized labor.

Mr. Walker’s ouster would derail the political career of a rising Republican star and send a warning to other elected officials who are battling unions. But a victory for the governor, who has been leading his Democratic opponent in recent polls, would amount to an endorsement of an effort to curtail public-sector unions, which have been a pillar of strength for organized labor while private-sector membership has dwindled.

That could mean the sharp losses that some Wisconsin public-worker unions have experienced is a harbinger of similar unions’ future nationwide, union leaders fear. Failure to oust Mr. Walker and overturn the Wisconsin law “spells doom,” said Bryan Kennedy, the American Federation of Teachers’ Wisconsin president.

Wisconsin membership in the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees-the state’s second-largest public-sector union after the National Education Association, which represents teachers-fell to 28,745 in February from 62,818 in March 2011, according to a person who has viewed Afscme’s figures. A spokesman for Afscme declined to comment.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:37 pm 

DOJ Dispatches Federal Monitors to Milwaukee for Tuesday Primary
Eric Holder’s “people.”

Quote:
The Justice Department Monday dispatched federal observers to Milwaukee to monitor the closely-watched recall election of Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker. The Voting Rights Section of the Civil Rights Division said Milwaukee is among specific voting locations required to provide assistance to Spanish speaking citizens. . . .

The Justice Department declined to say how many monitors have been sent to these locations, but from past practice the number is likely in the dozens. In prior general elections, the Justice Department has sent as many as one thousand federal observers and civil rights attorneys to coordinate federal activities and work with local elections officials.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:48 am 

Just voted for Gov Walker.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:50 pm 

Classy Guy:
Quote:
Hours before the polls close in Wisconsin’s recall election, Gov. Scott Walker (R) is seeking to rally supporters -- by reminding them of the anniversary of Ronald Reagan’s death.
“President Reagan died on June 5, 2004,” Walker tweeted early Tuesday evening. “Let’s win one for the Gipper!”
Invoking Reagan on the campaign trail is hardly anything new. But using the anniversary of the former president’s death to encourage voters to go to the polls would seem to be something of an unorthodox tactic in the eleventh hour of a competitive race.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next