Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Where is Bernhard Goetz when you need him?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:31 pm 

I was told this is going on in Crown Point now.

why isn't the media reporting it?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:21 am 

Months ago, I kept harping about gangs getting strong in Chicago and before long it will be the same in this area of Northwest Indiana. "Mr. Know it all" had his words of wisdom and down played my thoughts. Now this jerk from Hammond has all the answers for everything. Recently I posted a message asking him to come forward with his solutuions to our many problems as long as he says everyone is wrong. As of this date, not one reply. So Sparks let's hear about your plans and solutions, or on the other hand, do you feel everything is just OK?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:04 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
I was told this is going on in Crown Point now.

why isn't the media reporting it?

It is only going on while corn roast and the taste of Crown Point is happening, it is because our "neighbors to the north" are in town visiting.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:00 am 

young people

again

Quote:
Some claim reports of racist
Peoria mob are exaggerated

Journal Star [Peoria, IL], by Michael Boren

PEORIA —Allegations of racist threats and mob-style intimidation in a West Bluff neighborhood Friday captured national attention over the weekend, but some say the claims were exaggerated.

A group of 50 or so young people was walking down Thrush Avenue toward Sheridan Road about 10:50 p.m. Friday, concerning some residents.

Paul Wilkinson, who has lived on Sheridan for 11 years, says the group was blocking four lanes of traffic, fighting and yelling racist comments at neighbors.

"They were yelling 'We're gonna kill all the white people. This is our neighborhood,'" Wilkinson, 45, said.

He emailed his account of the incident to several City Council members and one local blogger. The report at The Peoria Chronicle website was quickly picked up by dozens of other sites, including the widely read online news site The Drudge Report with the headline "Pandemonium in Peoria: Mob yells 'Kill all white people.'"

Some residents, unaware of the media attention, confirmed Sunday there was a crowd in the street Friday, but said that race was not involved. A police report on the incident does not even mention the word race.

http://www.pjstar.com/news/x2069925100/ ... -attention

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:58 am 

I wonder what sparks would do if this victim were his wife, sister or Mother.

Quote:
Woman's leg broken, others hurt in Spring Garden mob attack
By STEPHANIE FARR
Philadelphia Daily News

A WOMAN'S leg was broken and several other people were injured Saturday night when a large group of teens accosted pedestrians in Spring Garden, police and witnesses said.

Philadelphia police responded to two reports of pedestrians being assaulted by a large group of young people along Broad Street about 9:30 p.m.

One of those reports came from Emily Guendelsberger, 27, city editor for local arts and entertainment content for the Onion, the satirical newspaper and website. She was walking with seven friends on Green Street near Broad when they were accosted, she said. Guendelsberger, who remained hospitalized with a broken leg yesterday, declined to comment further.

A friend who was with her at the time, Daily News staff writer Molly Eichel, said that they were walking down Green Street when a group of teens was walking down Broad. "We heard kids yell, 'Run, run,' " Eichel said. "Some kid just came out of nowhere and punched my friend Charlie in the face."

Eichel said that when her group tried to run, about 20 teens chased them down the street. "They were kicking kids down and punching them when they were down," she said.

Courtesy of Barack Obama

sparks?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:07 am 

Quote:
Teenage gang charged under lynching law after 'savage attack on 18-year-old student'

* Student so badly injured his mother almost didn't recognise him
* Youngest member of gang is just 13

By Fiona Roberts

Four members of a teenage gang have been charged under a state's lynching law after allegedly beating an 18-year-old student so badly he required facial reconstruction surgery.

South Carolina prosecutors have charged the boys with second-degree assault and battery by mob, a crime which until last year was known as lynching.

The eight members of the gang, the youngest of whom is just 13, allegedly set upon Carter Strange in a parking lot as he jogged back to his home in Columbia.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1QUs6KD00

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:12 am 

I agree with Tom - surprising this was in a UK paper, not widely publicized here.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:17 am 

karent wrote:
I agree with Tom - surprising this was in a UK paper, not widely publicized here.

they have two offices in the states and are not owned by barack obama and company thus they will print these stories that liberals don't want printed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:12 am 

I wonder how sparks would feel if this victim were his son, brother or friend and what he would do to protect himself and his family if they were confronted by one of these gangs.

Quote:
Attack on teen prompts curfew in Columbia
Associated Press

Carter Strange, 18, was beaten and robbed near
Five Points. Among other injuries, his nose had to be reconstructed,
15 staples were put on the right side of his head, and he suffered
several fractured bones in his face.

Columbia--An emergency curfew was imposed on youths Tuesday in one of Columbia's popular nightspot districts, eight days after the beating of an 18-year-old by a group of teens angered and frightened residents. The curfew requires anyone younger than 17 to be off the streets from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. in the city's Five Points area west of downtown and two parks nearby.

BREAK

"Whether we have a curfew or not, there's no reason why a 14, 15, and 16 year old should be out in a hospitality area, in Five Points, in the Vista, anywhere, unsupervised," Columbia Police Chief Randy Scott

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011 ... ts-curfew/

So a curfew is imposed on White teens because of a pack of shithead animals...

oh, I'm sorry...I meant ''young people''

btw, when will one of these gangs be charged with a hate crime?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:51 am 

Quote:
Gas station looted near Humboldt/North before mob attacks group in Reservoir Park
WTMJ 620 By Jermont Terry with Jay Sorgi

See raw surveillance video of the looting inside the gas station and interviews with people about the subsequent mob attacks in Reservoir Park.

MILWAUKEE - A group of friends hanging out at Reservoir Park in Milwaukee were attacked and robbed around midnight on July 4th, minutes after the looting of a gas station near the corner of North Humboldt and East North Avenues.

The victims have black eyes, staples in their heads and bruises throughout their body.

The victims said a group of nearly 50 teenagers came running down North Avenue early Monday morning.

"We asked some girls where are you guys going," said one victim who did not want to be identified.

The teens reportedly told the woman, "We are in trouble."

The woman said they thought it was funny maybe because they believed the teens were kicked out of a party.

But minutes before a group of teens looted the BP gas station a block away at Humboldt and North.

And these people wonder why nobody wants to open a business in their neighborhoods.

perhaps sparks will enlighten this board as to why this phenomenon is happening all over the country in it's more ''urban'' setting where most of the ''young people'' as the media refers to them, live.

Could it be that these ''young people'' are tired of waiting for all the freebies obama promised them in return for their votes and they simply are taking matters into their own hands the only way they know how?

I would really like to hear what sparks has in mind when it it comes to what penalties should be levied against these mobs..er oops I mean ''young people''.

But I don't see that happening anytime soon as he's too busy bullying the women on this board with his ''adult conversations'' regarding his personal physique to formulate even a rudimentary opinion on anything really affecting our society and the idiot presently (supposedly) in charge of it all.

Besides, his handlers would never allow it in the first place. I'm sure what sparkie preaches here and what he practices in the real world are two very different things.

Here are some images from another site

http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-201107 ... otogallery

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:43 pm 

I don't know if this has even been tried anywhere, but let's make it a law, that if a minor commits a crime of any large degree or takes place in gang activity, have the parents serve jail time with the kid. I think these parents that let junior do what he wants, would have second thoughts.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:07 pm 

newsflashkid wrote:
I don't know if this has even been tried anywhere, but let's make it a law, that if a minor commits a crime of any large degree or takes place in gang activity, have the parents serve jail time with the kid. I think these parents that let junior do what he wants, would have second thoughts.

this is the liberal answer.

throw money at it.

Quote:
Community Leaders Try To Offset
Teen Arrests With Programs

CBS Chicago

CHICAGO — More than 27,000 young people 17 and under were arrested by Chicago police last year, according to a report out this week.

As CBS 2′s Kristyn Hartman learned, it also names city districts that have the most youth arrests. Topping the list are Austin, Chicago Lawn and the Harrison districts.

Mariame Kaba put the numbers together for this report on youth arrests.

The Harrison District includes Humboldt Park, which is where a 15-year-old was murdered on his birthday last week and where neighbors packed a school gym for a peace summit led by Ald. Emma Mitts.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/06/24/ ... -programs/

stupid, stupid, stupid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:24 pm 

What's being done about the teenager killed over the weekend (trying to stop an attack, I think)?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:25 pm 

karent wrote:
What's being done about the teenager killed over the weekend (trying to stop an attack, I think)?

If you are refering to the one East of Michigan City, The killer, also a teenager, turned himself in.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:08 am 

Quote:
Cops: YouTube video aided arrest in Boystown attack
By Jeremy Gorner Chicago Tribune

Police credited a YouTube video with helping them arrest an Indiana man for an attack in Boystown last weekend.

Darren Hayes, 24, of Hammond is charged with aggravated battery and mob action.

Police said they were able to identify people in the video, which showed a group of young people attacking and stabbing a 25-year-old man in the 3300 block of North Halsted Street Sunday night. An "anonymous source" then led detectives to Hayes, authorities said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... 8333.story

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next