Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: The draft dodger spews
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:10 pm 

Quote:
Colin Powell said former Vice President Dick Cheney’s new book contains “cheap shots” against him and others in the Bush Administration.
“Mr. Cheney has had a long and distinguished career, and I hope in his book that is what he would focus on, not these cheap shots that he’s taking at me and other members of his administration,” Powell said.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepolitics/2011/08/28/colin-powell-dick-cheneys-book-full-of-cheap-shots/
Quote:
No other vice president in American history comes close to his trifecta of traits: secretive, belligerent and pernicious.

Quote:
Cheney settles scores with Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice, being a sore winner who prevailed in almost all arguments on their way into the Oval Office.

Quote:
Yet he breaks the code in the book by scolding Bush for not pardoning his chief of staff, I. Lewis Libby, known as "Scooter," for his role in exposing Valerie Plame Wilson as a spy.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/Jamie-Stiehm/2011/08/29/Dick-Cheneys-Memoir-the-Saddest-Story-of-Our-Time

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

Post subject: Re: The draft dodger spews
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:20 pm 
Banned

Draft dodger? He received student deferments, much like yourself. Unlike yourself though, Mr. Cheney did not spit in the face of brave men his own age who were fighting and dying by protesting their service.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:28 pm 

r11 wrote:
Draft dodger? He received student deferments, much like yourself. Unlike yourself though, Mr. Cheney did not spit in the face of brave men his own age who were fighting and dying by protesting their service.

As you already know, tmr9, freedom fighter, etc, I let my student deferment lapse and went into the lottery...and my number was 256...so I wasn't drafted, but if I had ended up with a low number I would have went and served...The draft dodger made sure he would never have to...(much like ted nugent, another chicken-hawk)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:33 pm 
Banned

chuckmo48 wrote:
r11 wrote:

As you already know, tmr9, freedom fighter, etc, I let my student deferment lapse and went into the lottery...

That's what you claim and I suspect it's not the truth. You can talk about Dick Cheney all you want, but what you did was truly reprehensible. Why don't you tell us about your protesting of the service of brave men your own age who were fighting and dying?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:36 pm 

r11 wrote:
Unlike yourself though, Mr. Cheney did not spit in the face of brave men his own age who were fighting and dying by protesting their service.

I never did that...actually I have been helping my best friend (and best-man to my wedding) through PTSD that just now after 44 years is affecting him. I have been taking him to the VA once a week to speak to a counselor. So don't even fu**king go there...I know more friends that have been affected by wars than most...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:43 pm 

r11 wrote:
That's what you claim and I suspect it's not the truth.

Hey a**hole I watch the TV broadcast because I was in the first lottery ever held and it was broad-casted on TV...the 1st date that was pulled was Sept 1st...I know that because that was one of friends birthday...
r11 wrote:
protesting of the service of brave men your own age who were fighting and dying?

You are right there I did protest against the war...and if there was still a draft you would see all kinds of protests going on because right now these wars are not affecting anyone except the families of the people that volunteered to join the armed forces...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:55 pm 
Banned

chuckmo48 wrote:

I never did that...
So don't even fu**king go there...I know more friends that have been affected by wars than most..

Of course you did that.

Hey, if it eases your conscience to give this cat a lift to the VA once a week AFTER you pissed all over him and guys like him 44 years ago, then good for you chuckmo. You sit in judgement of guys like Cheney and you were worse, far worse.

Last edited by r11 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:00 pm 
Banned

chuckmo48 wrote:

Hey a**hole

Such an angry tolerant liberal.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:53 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Quote:
Colin Powell said former Vice President Dick Cheney’s new book contains “cheap shots” against him and others in the Bush Administration.
“Mr. Cheney has had a long and distinguished career, and I hope in his book that is what he would focus on, not these cheap shots that he’s taking at me and other members of his administration,” Powell said.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepolitics/2011/08/28/colin-powell-dick-cheneys-book-full-of-cheap-shots/
Quote:
No other vice president in American history comes close to his trifecta of traits: secretive, belligerent and pernicious.

Quote:
Cheney settles scores with Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice, being a sore winner who prevailed in almost all arguments on their way into the Oval Office.

Quote:
Yet he breaks the code in the book by scolding Bush for not pardoning his chief of staff, I. Lewis Libby, known as "Scooter," for his role in exposing Valerie Plame Wilson as a spy.

[url]http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/Jamie-Stiehm/2011/08/29/Dick-Cheneys-Memoir-the-Saddest-Story-of-Our-Time[/url]

It is just an opinion piece from some lefty blog.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:11 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
[ but if I had ended up with a low number I would have went and served..

yeah, sure you would... you have no f*cking business calling anyone a draft dodger.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:03 am 

Moby Grape wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
[ but if I had ended up with a low number I would have went and served..

yeah, sure you would... you have no f*cking business calling anyone a draft dodger.

Its his own shame that makes him point fingers and accuse others and then question their motives for taking the same actions he did?

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:29 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
r11 wrote:

As you already know, tmr9, freedom fighter, etc, I let my student deferment lapse and went into the lottery...and my number was 256...so I wasn't drafted, but if I had ended up with a low number I would have went and served...The draft dodger made sure he would never have to...(much like ted nugent, another chicken-hawk)

Interesting. I am definitely not r11. A question for you. Was Obama registered for the draft? All males at the age of eighteen, who are citizens, must register, by law.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:47 am 
Banned

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Moby Grape wrote:

Its his own shame that makes him point fingers and accuse others and then question their motives for taking the same actions he did?

chuckmo48 wrote:

Everyone needs to take a look in the mirror..

Absolutely spot on assessments from Moby & Arclight. The only draft dodger spewing anything here is chuckmo48. I think chuckmo48 needs to take his own advice regarding the mirror thing before he sits in judgment of the actions of others while he was protesting and denigrating the service of brave men and women.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:35 am 

Freedom Fighter wrote:
Was Obama registered for the draft?

good luck getting him to answer that one.

I'm going out on a limb here, and I may be wrong,... it's been known to happen, but I think chuck was following orders here. I honestly believe he feels real regret for having someone else go in his place, and having to call anyone a draft dodger in the first place probably bothers him.

But labeling someone a draft dodger just to defend the candidacy of Barack Obama?

are you kidding me?

chuck needs to get his priorities in order and start making decisions on his own.

At least he was honest about himself (somewhat) ...unlike some of the other libtards around here who CLAIM to have served in the military only to erase and edit out any and all references to it when called on it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:18 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
Quote:

It is just an opinion piece from some lefty blog.

Gee Einstein...from Ms. Rice herself...(or I am sure you repuks will brand her a lefty now)...typical

Exclusive: Condoleezza Rice fires back at Cheney memoir
http://news.yahoo.com/condoleezza-rice-rejects-cheneys-attack-integrity-204904399.html