Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 398 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Taking it to the streets...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:03 pm 

Quote:
Convicted Bank Fraudster Robert Creamer
Leads Democrats, #OccupyWallStreet
Against Bank of America

Big Government, by Joel B. Pollak

Convicted bank fraudster Robert Creamer, who recently set up a nationwide political consultancy to boost Democrats’ 2012 campaigns, and who wrote the Democrats’ political strategy on health care from federal prison, is promoting efforts by Democrats and the #OccuptWallStreet protestors to single out Bank of America.

Bank of America has been a focus of the #Occupy demonstrations across the country. Last Thursday, in downtown Los Angeles, eleven #OccupyLA protestors were arrested after illegally occupying a Bank of America branch.

(The demonstration was filmed by Andrew Breitbart and myself; footage of the bank occupation appears at the beginning of the video below.)

Creamer, who is married to Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL), went to prison in 2006 for bank fraud and tax evasion. That has not stopped him from demanding that Americans pay higher taxes and attacking Bank of America for introducing–as other banks have done–a monthy fee for debit card usage.

http://biggovernment.com/jpollak/2011/1 ... f-america/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:44 pm 

Well Can they edge?

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:45 pm 

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:55 am 

Protester Proclaims 'The Jews Control Wall St.' In Zuccotti Park Rant

Boy the liberals like to call conservatives Nazis, but now we see the anti Semites are on the left.

So much for that whole BUSHITLER meme...huh?

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:35 am 

Impetus for the movement... No wonder why the GnOP are protecting them!

1. The Top 1% Owns 40% of the Nation's Wealth
This disparity is much worse than it was in the past

2. The Top 1% Take Home 24% of National Income:
Their share of the national income pool has nearly tripled in roughly three decades.

3. The Top 1% Own Half of the Country's Stocks, Bonds and Mutual Funds
The bottom 50% of Americans own only 0.5% of these investments

4. The Top 1% of Americans Have Only 5% of the Nation's Personal Debt
The bottom 90% have 73% of total debt

5. The Top 1% Are Taking In More off the Nation's Income Than at Any Other Time Since the 1920s
Not only are the wealthiest 1% of Americans taking home a tremendous portion of the national income, but their share of this income is greater than at any other time since the Great Depression
http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/top-5-facts-america-richest-1-183022655.html

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:42 am 

Bank Transfer Day: A Protest With Your Money
Quote:
The social uprising — called "Bank Transfer Day" — encourages bank customers to take their cash out of big banks and put it in smaller banks and credit unions instead.

Quote:
The movement is ostensibly in response to aggressive fees institutions are rolling out to recover profits lost from new financial regulations, notably Bank of America's (BAC - News) decision to stick debit card users with a $5 monthly fee and Wells Fargo's (WFC - News) $3 test of the same.

Even with new government regulations in place to keep banks in check, they're still making out like bandits. For example:

Quote:
• With the Durbin Amendment in effect, banks will still make 19 cents profit per processed transaction.

• The average consumer uses his or her debit card 24 times per month.

• Without the additional fee, Bank of America stands to turn a $3.3 billion annual profit from its 59 million customers' debit card transactions.

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/113658/bank-transfer-day-mainstreet?mod=bb-budgeting

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:55 am 

Old guard back in the trenches at 'Occupy' protests
Activists from other eras — Vietnam, civil rights and anti-nuclear — join the 'kids'

Quote:
As soon as 62-year-old William Johnsen finished his intravenous drip, he waited for the nurse to apply a Band-Aid, said goodbye to the other patients and then left the veteran’s hospital for the spot where he has been spending his days for the last 3-and-a-half weeks — the “Occupy Wall Street” protest.

Johnsen, a disabled Vietnam combat veteran who suffered a heart attack in December, can’t sleep outside overnight like the young protesters.
Quote:
Older activists like Johnsen — some hobbling along on canes and leg braces — are quickly becoming a presence at “Occupy” protests across the country.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44880648/from/RSS/#.TpbQjZsUqso

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:58 am 

GOP Candidates Dial Back Criticism of Occupy Wall Street Protesters
Quote:
After weeks of bad-mouthing the Occupy Wall Street protesters, the Republican presidential candidates eased off their criticism Tuesday night at the Bloomberg/Washington Post GOP debate.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/10/gop-candidates-dial-back-criticism-of-occupy-wall-street-protesters/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:05 am 
Banned

chuckmo48 wrote:
5. The Top 1% Are Taking In More off the Nation's Income Than at Any Other Time Since the 1920s

So? So? So? So? & So?
What do you want chuckles? Do you want the money confiscated and placed in your account? Do you want executives and the wealthy to lose their high-paying jobs? Why does it burn your ass so much that there are folks who have more than you. There's no doubt they're smarter than you (who isn't??) and there is little doubt they are more ambitious than you. With a couple dozen more IQ points and a better work ethic, maybe you could have been in that 1% chuckwipe. What exactly is your point and what exactly do you want chuckweird?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:11 am 
Banned

chuckmo48 wrote:
Activists — Vietnam,

"Activists"
More like cowardly, draft-dodging pukes. You are one shameless dude chuckdope.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:55 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Impetus for the movement... No wonder why the GnOP are protecting them!

This disparity is much worse than it was in the past

Their share of the national income pool has nearly tripled in roughly three decades.

The bottom 50% of Americans own only 0.5% of these investments

The bottom 90% have 73% of total debt

Not only are the wealthiest 1% of Americans taking home a tremendous portion of the national income, but their share of this income is greater than at any other time since the Great Depression
http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/top-5-facts-america-richest-1-183022655.html

I got an idea...why don't you liberal whining doosh bags just become part of the top 1% and STFU?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:40 am 

r11 wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
Activists — Vietnam,

"Activists"
More like cowardly, draft-dodging pukes.

You have no idea what the heck you are talking about...The person spot-lighted in the article was a disabled veteran. You calling him a coward?...The only draft-dodger I have read about is Ted Nugent...Why don't you whine about that chicken-hawk?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:56 am 

r11 wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:

So? So? So? So? & So?
Do you want the money confiscated and placed in your account?

See you and the rest of the cons just don't get it...It is the unjust laws and loopholes that they are afforded (the ones middle class do not have)...The 1% that run the repuk party and have all of them in their collective back pockets...The 1% that fund money to the repuks that want to break the unions so they can employ workers at minimum wages with no benefits... The 1% that you and the rest of the cons on this board defend (and they do not care one flying-f*ck about you)...Instead of trying to defend the 99% you choose to defend the 1%...but that is the repuk's mantra...I GOT MINE SO SCREW YOU...I worked for 35 years as an educator (and that ensured that I will never be part of the 1% bracket) The same reason I already have told my son that is he chooses to go to college to be a teacher I will not pay for his college...No sense paying tens of thousands of dollars to be qualified for a job that starts out at $35,000 a year...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:08 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
.The 1% that fund money to the repuks that want to break the unions so they can employ workers at minimum wages with no benefits...

Why don't you start with your messiah and his band of tax dodgers first.

Quote:
Solyndra funder Kaiser paid zero taxes for years
Washington Examiner, by Mark Tapscott

Oklahoma billionaire George Kaiser has been in the headlines in recent months thanks to his role as a major investor in Solyndra LLC, the now-bankrupt California solar panel maker hailed by President Obama as a model for America's "clean energy future."

Congress is investigating why the Obama administration gave Solyndra a $535 million loan guarantee despite multiple warnings from career bureaucrats and private sector investment experts that the company was a poor risk, lacked a realistic business model and was likely to go bankrupt as a result.

Other investigations are being conducted by the FBI and the Treasury Department's Inspector-General, and the issue is likely to remain on the public mind throughout the 2012 presidential campaign as Republicans claim Solyndra's failure demonstrates that government "cannot pick winners and losers in the marketplace."

Because Kaiser was a campaign "bundler" - an individual who collects contributions to a candidate from others that are then simultaneously given to the candidate - who raised about $250,000 for Obama during the 2008 campaign, congressional Republicans and media analysts have speculated that the Solyndra loan guarantee was nothing more than using tax dollars to reward a political supporter.

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer. ... axes-years

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:23 am 
Banned

chuckmo48 wrote:
r11 wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:

So? So? So? So? & So?
Do you want the money confiscated and placed in your account?

[color=#000080]See you and the rest of the cons just don't get it...It is the unjust laws and loopholes that they are afforded (the ones middle class do not have)...The 1% that run the repuk party and have all of them in their collective back pockets...The 1% that fund money to the repuks that want to break the unions so they can employ workers at minimum wages with no benefits... The 1% that you and the rest of the cons on this board defend (and they do not care one flying-f*ck about you)...Instead of trying to defend the 99% you choose to defend the 1%...but that is the repuk's mantra...I GOT MINE SO SCREW YOU...I worked for 35 years as an educator (and that ensured that I will never be part of the 1% bracket) The same reason I already have told my son that is he chooses to go to college to be a teacher I will not pay for his college...No sense paying tens of thousands of dollars to be qualified for a job that starts out at $35,000 a year...[/color]

Your ramblings are insane.
I ask you again...WHAT DO YOU WANT? DO YOU WANT THE MONEY CONFISCATED AND DISTRIBUTED INTO THE BANK ACCOUNTS OF ENTITLEMENT PARASITES LIKE YOURSELF?
They don't give a flying fuk about me or you? Awwwwww....poor, poor chuckles...he doesn't get a Christmas card from the 1% club. SO WHAT?? For christ sake chuckmo...I don't even care about you. Why are we owed their concern, their respect, or their money? You see..that's the difference between "cons" like me, moby, arc,marine and entitlement parasites like you and angry Ed. Nobody OWES me a god damn thing. Nothing. Grow up man.

You went into the wrong field of work, that's your problem jack. Look at it this way. Where else would a dolt like you have been able to earn that kind of money doing almost nothing, and then get a pension to continue doing nothing?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 398 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27  Next