Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 398 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Taking it to the streets...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:27 pm 

Occupy Wall St, the start of a new protest era?
Quote:
When Paul Friedman met the rag-tag youth camped out near Wall Street to protest inequality in the American economy, he felt he was witnessing the start of a protest movement not seen in America since the 1960s.

Quote:
What the Occupy Wall Street movement has in common with the 1960s, he said, was that the weak economy hits home, just like racism or the chance that you or your boyfriend or brother or your son might be drafted to fight in Vietnam.

http://news.yahoo.com/insight-occupy-wall-st-start-protest-era-162336698.html

Quote:
More than 200 protesters filed past the White House on Friday, denouncing the war in Afghanistan, as activists kept up their campaign in the US capital against corporate power.

http://news.yahoo.com/protesters-anti-war-message-white-house-170551263.html

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

Post subject: Re: Taking it to the streets...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:43 pm 
Banned

chuckmo48 wrote:

Filthy, old hippies who hate everything about this country. I can see why chuckmo relates to them and finds it exciting. Very gratifying to see NYPD whale the tar out of these useless turds. Very gratifying indeed.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:33 pm 

r11 wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:

Filthy, old hippies who hate everything about this country

Filthy not by any stretch...old? that's relative...Only hate what your party wants to do the working man...I've been to many different countries in the world and this one is the best...bar none...I guess you are too young to realize that the only way things really change in this country is by "Taking it to the streets!" ...and yes I feel energized...finally people are figuring it out!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:54 pm 

Yeah, takin' it to the streets, man. Off the pigs and up against the wall, m'fcker! Human Being: Do Not Fold, Spindle, or Mutilate. Hell no, we won't go! Hey, hey, LBJ-how many kids did you kill today?

Let's see. If memory serves, war protesters took it to the streets in earnest around 1965. The Vietnam War ended when? In 1975? Yessireebob, those protesters should hastened things by donning old fatigues and American flag shirts.

While they definitely have some points about flaws in the American financial system, these protesters are pretty much just a bunch of dumb union apes and kids with little better to do. My guess is that these protests will have as much effect as the endless threats to "throw the bums out....this time" which have been in vogue in Lake County for about the last twenty-five years.

What does a hardcore LC Democrat do when he or she feels energized? Punch in from his union-mandated break two minutes early?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:01 pm 
Banned

LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:
Yeah, takin' it to the streets, man. Off the pigs and up against the wall, m'fcker! Human Being: Do Not Fold, Spindle, or Mutilate. Hell no, we won't go! Hey, hey, LBJ-how many kids did you kill today?

Let's see. If memory serves, war protesters took it to the streets in earnest around 1965. The Vietnam War ended when? In 1975? Yessireebob, those protesters should hastened things by donning old fatigues and American flag shirts.

While they definitely have some points about flaws in the American financial system, these protesters are pretty much just a bunch of dumb union apes and kids with little better to do. My guess is that these protests will have as much effect as the endless threats to "throw the bums out....this time" which have been in vogue in Lake County for about the last twenty-five years.

What does a hardcore LC Democrat do when he or she feels energized? Punch in from his union-mandated break two minutes early?

As usual, you have nailed it. These old fools change nothing and never have.
Poor working man, poor working man, poor working man, poor working man = unqualified to compete in todays economy and usually because of his own fault or the fault of the head union gorillas that he religiously and foolishly believed in, stole him blind, and then spit him out.

The formula is ages old and still works. Go to school and learn something that someone will pay you for knowing, and you'll do just fine.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:04 pm 
Banned

chuckmo48 wrote:
a
..Only hate what your party wants to do the working man..

What is "my party" and what do they want to do to this so-called working man? And exactly who is this "working man". You don't even know..you're just an old blubbering fool, puking out the same tired s*** that you puked out 45 years ago on a comfortable college campus with a joint in your mouth and a beer in your hand, when brave men and women your age were fighting and dying. STFU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:42 pm 

LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:
Yeah, takin' it to the streets, man. up against the wall, m'fcker!

Hey I have that album: Up against the wall you M'fcker..that is the same one that had the whole thing about having papers (dated) but no light....liked the cha-cha beat... It may have taken 10 years...but hey that is how long bush's war has gone on...and US protesters did stop a war and LBJ...There is a ground swell...make fun it now (history repeats itself)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:00 am 

r11 wrote:
What is "my party"
It's my party and I'll cry if I want to...
r11 wrote:
and what do they want to do to this so-called working man?

Not so-called...YOUR PARTY wants to cut , pay, benefits, and insurance...
r11 wrote:
And exactly who is this "working man".

The ones that are protesting now on Wall Street and coming to a street near YOU!
r11 wrote:
on a comfortable college campus with a joint in your mouth and a beer in your hand.

AAAHH the good ole' daze...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:20 am 

OH...OH...the head repuks orifices are starting to pucker up:
Quote:
The Wall Street protesters are finally getting the attention they have been seeking, it seems. Eric Cantor, the No. 2 Republican in the House, denounced the Occupy Wall Street protests Friday as "mobs,"

Quote:
A New York Times columnist and key liberal opinion-shaper, wrote Friday that "we may, at long last, be seeing the rise of a popular movement that, unlike the Tea Party, is angry at the right people."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/eric-cantor-says-wall-street-protesters-mobs-democrats-191017569.html
I LOVE IT!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:23 am 

I just may have to take a trip to NYC!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:24 am 
Banned

chuckmo48 wrote:
Been bored lately... and I thought it was time to raise your collective blood pressures.

Don't pay any attention to this complete moron and his drug/alcohol fueled nonsense of the wee hours of this morning. He has clearly stated the only reason that he's here.

Last edited by r11 on Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:25 am 
Banned

chuckmo48 wrote:
I just may have to take a trip to NYC!!

By all means stupid. I hope your thick, empty melon meets up with a police baton.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:25 am 

Why not take a trip to NYC? Then you can be one more faceless person in a Chinese fire drill that is just now getting attention? Boy, have they been effective or what?

You won't take a trip to NYC unless some union or activist group busses you out there on their dime. Individual effort takes just that-individual effort. Individual effort is not exactly a hallmark of unionized Democrats.

Ho, ho, you Chuckmo-why don't you foment protest in 'da Region yo'!? Again, that takes some initiative and without the same assortment of trust fund kids, artists, etc. that you have in Manhattan you just aren't going to get a decent demonstration going on Broadway in Gary or Hohman in Hammond. All of the union workers would demand "show pay" and your "grassroots" protest grinds to a halt before it even starts.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:26 am 

Nancy Pelosi makes me sick. She called the Tea Party traitors for holding polite & focused rallys but she fully supports this Dem sponsored so-called protest which so far just calls for an end to capitalism. Now who's the real traitor?

Apparently it's about cast preservation. We are no longer the United States of America. Today we are the Obama nation which causes desolation. When you think Obama & the Dems are saying they want fair taxes they really mean fare taxes for all.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:36 am 

LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:
Why not take a trip to NYC? Then you can be one more faceless person in a Chinese fire drill that is just now getting attention? Boy, have they been effective or what?

You won't take a trip to NYC unless some union or activist group busses you out there on their dime. Individual effort takes just that-individual effort. Individual effort is not exactly a hallmark of unionized Democrats.

Ho, ho, you Chuckmo-why don't you foment protest in 'da Region yo'!? Again, that takes some initiative and without the same assortment of trust fund kids, artists, etc. that you have in Manhattan you just aren't going to get a decent demonstration going on Broadway in Gary or Hohman in Hammond. All of the union workers would demand "show pay" and your "grassroots" protest grinds to a halt before it even starts.

Why not instead protest in front of Chicago City Hall to demand the mayor be made accountable for his part in the Solendra scam? Which reminds me. I wonder if the Mexican drug lords made contributions to the Obama for President fund? We know they used 3rd parties to buy the guns so maybe they did the same to work out a deal to get the guns under the guise of a sting operation that never stung anyone but us and innocent Mexicans. Make no mistake Mr President this is a big f*cking deal. When the Attorney General deliberately lies to Congress there is a lot more going on that just an op gone bad. Why is no one protesting that?

Apparently it's about cast preservation. We are no longer the United States of America. Today we are the Obama nation which causes desolation. When you think Obama & the Dems are saying they want fair taxes they really mean fare taxes for all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 398 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next