Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fox News Being Fox News
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:13 pm 

CNN and MSNBC Lose Almost Half Their Viewers in One Year

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:41 pm 

CNN Slides to 20-Year-Low in Primetime

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:10 pm 

CNN Hits Lowest Rated Week In Demo Since Zucker Took Over

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:04 am 

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:47 pm 

Fox News Extends Ratings Winning Streak To 145 Conservative Months, Beats MSNBC And CNN Combined In January

Quote:
Fox News Channel extended its cable news winning streak to 145 consecutive months with the release of January ratings. In overall audience FNC outstripped CNN and MSNBC combined in prime and in total day; it also led in the news demo, though by smaller margins.

With total viewers, FNC landed in the Top-5 among all cable networks in total day, while CNN and MSNBC settled for No. 38 and No. 29, respectively, and HLN clocked in at No. 47. In prime, FNC finished January at No. 7, CNN at No. 40, MSNBC at No. 30, and HLN at No. 46.

In primetime, only HLN grew year to year, in the demo – 6%, to 123,000 viewers. That said, FNC, at a leading 264,000 viewers, was down just 1% in the demo in primetime. CNN plunged 35% to 131,000 viewers in the age bracket, and MSNBC slid 2% to 231,000 viewers. In total day in the demo, HLN grew 11% to 101,000 viewers, besting CNN’s 98,000 – a 27% drop. MSNBC fell 8% to 148,00 viewers, while FNC grew 5% to lead the pack with 220,000 viewers.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:09 pm 

Greta van Susteren Calls Fox Colleague Erick Erickson a 'Jerk' and a 'Creep'

Quote:
van Susteren feels the need to single out someone for censure, and that someone is Erick Erickson, one of her colleagues at the conservative news empire. Erickson, in van Susteren's opinion, is "boorish" and a "jerk.

http://news.yahoo.com/greta-van-susteren-calls-fox-colleague-erick-erickson-215600900.html;_ylt=A0LEVjQVfuhSlWIAo14PxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTBsa3ZzMnBvBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkAw--

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:18 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Greta van Susteren Calls Fox Colleague Erick Erickson a 'Jerk' and a 'Creep'

Quote:
van Susteren feels the need to single out someone for censure, and that someone is Erick Erickson, one of her colleagues at the conservative news empire. Erickson, in van Susteren's opinion, is "boorish" and a "jerk.

http://news.yahoo.com/greta-van-susteren-calls-fox-colleague-erick-erickson-215600900.html;_ylt=A0LEVjQVfuhSlWIAo14PxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTBsa3ZzMnBvBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkAw--

WOW!
A. I never heard of the guy.

B. So what?

C. Since when have you...or really anyone else, given a tinker's damn what Greta van Susteren's opinion is?

Your desperation is showing...

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:53 pm 

I wonder if we will hear as much about this spying from the previous administration...

U.S. bugged Schroeder when he was German chancellor: paper
Quote:
BERLIN (Reuters) - The U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) bugged the phone of former German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder from at least 2002, a German newspaper reported on Wednesday, compounding the most serious row between between the allies in a decade.
The reason for the snooping was Social Democrat (SPD) Schroeder's opposition to the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq under then President George W. Bush, the Sueddeutsche daily said, citing U.S. government sources and NSA insiders.

http://news.yahoo.com/u-bugged-schroeder-german-chancellor-paper-074135542.html

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:13 pm 

No Contest Here: Fox News Is Top Cable News Channel for 146th Month in a Row
Chew on that one chuckmo

Quote:
For the 146th consecutive month (that’s over 12 years), Fox News had more viewers, in both daytime and prime time, than any other cable news network. It is also the only cable network that saw an increase in both total viewers and adults 25-54 compared to last February.

And it didn’t just win by a hair; it blew opponents CNN and MSNBC out of the water. All five of February’s most-watched cable news programs were on Fox News:

Quote:
Average Total Viewers: The O’Reilly Factor (2,937,000); The Kelly File (2,337,000); Special Report w/ Bret Baier (2,114,000); The Five (2,107,000); On the Record w/ Greta Van Susteren (1,938,000)

Adults 25-54: The O’Reilly Factor (450,000); The Five (358,000); The Kelly File (354,000); Special Report w/ Bret Baier (315,000); On the Record with Greta Van Susteren (299,000)

By comparison, MSNBC’s most popular program, The Rachel Maddow Show, averaged 996,000 total viewers and 287,000 viewers 25-54. CNN’s leader, Anderson Cooper 360°, averaged 421,000 total viewers (a 47% drop from last year) and 127,000 viewers 25-54 (a 46% drop).

While the ongoing shift to streaming services like Netflix and Hulu has hurt nearly every cable network, Fox News’ overwhelming success proves that it’s still possible to succeed in the cable news industry; it’s a matter of hiring the right people, respecting your audience and presenting the news in a relevant, fearless and trustworthy way. Maybe CNN and MSNBC will eventually figure that out…

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 2:11 pm 

CNN Editor Ousted After Plagiarizing At Least 50 Stories
My guess is CNN stopped counting at 50

Quote:
In an editor’s note quietly posted Friday morning, CNN announced that Marie-Louise Gumuchian, a former CNN News editor, who mostly covered international affairs, plagiarized at least 50 published stories.

Apparently she was caught after an internal editing process caught an instance of plagiarism before the story was published. This led to an internal investigation that uncovered at least 50 other instances and to Gumuchian’s termination:

CNN has discovered multiple instances of plagiarism by Marie-Louise Gumuchian, a former CNN news editor. She wrote frequently about international news, writing and reporting about Africa, Europe, and the Middle East from our London bureau.

An unpublished story flagged last week during our editing process led to an internal investigation that uncovered other examples in about 50 published stories, and our investigation is ongoing.

We’ve terminated Gumuchian’s employment with CNN, and have removed the instances of plagiarism found in her pieces. In some cases, we’ve chosen to delete an entire article.

This is the second instance of a CNN staffer plagiarizing in as many years. In August of 2012, CNN anchor Fareed Zakaria was suspended by the left-wing cable news network after he was caught copying from a New Yorker article.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:46 pm 

Fox News’ Latest Ratings Show Just How Effective is the Campaign to Kick O’Reilly Off the Air

No matter how many times it’s attacked by its detractors, Fox News proves time and time again the Nietzchean dictum, “What does not kill me, makes me stronger.”

Unfortunately for its competition, that means yet another month for the “O’Reilly Factor” on top of its prime-time cable news slot, and as Newser points out – that makes 174 consecutive months and running.

O’Reilly has been so “wounded” by a widespread, concerted campaign to portray him as Brian Williams’ doppelganger and to get him kicked off the air that he is up 41 percent from the same month of May last year in the Age 25-54 demo.

“The O’Reilly Factor” is yet again the #1 cable news program with its 2.4 million viewers. And its re-run just three hours later? Number nine overall.

Of the top 15 cable news programs, Fox News owns all but four of them: “CNN Tonight” (4), “Anderson Cooper 360″ (6), “Erin Burnett Outfront” (12), and the “Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer” (15) are the exceptions. Below is the Newser report:

Last week, the “Kelly File” had its third highest week ever in the Age 25-54 demo, according to Nielsen, due to exclusive interviews with the Duggar family. Only the weeks of the Ferguson riots and the Baltimore protests ranked higher for the show.

Overall, Fox News ranked #2 on all of cable in primetime, once again competing not just with other news outlets, but also with entertainment channels – trailing only behind USA by 13,000 total viewers.

Top 5 Cable Channels for 6/1/15- 6/7/15 (Total Viewers)

Primetime

#1 USA (1,653,000)

#2 FNC (1,640,000)

#3 HGTV (1,636,000)

#4 HIST (1,526,000)

#5 TBS (1,388,000)

It appears that attacks on the Fox News channel from outside are failing to turn off the most important audience – those who watch it. It’s a competitive news market, and Fox News’ loyal viewers have made up their minds who they trust.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:23 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:23 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:

And of course the simple minded morons don't care if their star clown is serial liar.

The incontrovertible proof Bill O’Reilly is a serial liar about his past

http://www.salon.com/2015/03/08/the_inc ... t_partner/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:52 am 

edge540 wrote:
simple minded morons
http://www.salon.com

There, I fixed it for you.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:18 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
edge540 wrote:
simple minded morons
http://www.salon.com

There, I fixed it for you.

Not really, ya'll left this out:

Quote:
O'Reilly has admitted he was never actually in the Falkland Islands where the military conflict occurred...

Your Fake News hero, Billo The Clown is a serial liar....but then again, so are all the other clowns on Fake News, it's nothing new, always have been.

Fox News forced to backtrack again over Bill O'Reilly's reporting claims

Channel admits O’Reilly did not witness bombings in Northern Ireland or murders in El Salvador in wake of questions over TV host’s reporting experiences

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/m ... ly-reports

Quote:
No Contest Here: Fox News Is Top Cable News Channel for 146th Month in a Row

Yep, further proof conservatives are the most gullible, the most ignorant and the most stupid creatures on the planet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next