Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Obama Places Himself on the Continuum of Greatness
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:48 am 

Quote:
Obama Places Himself on the Continuum of Greatness
Power Line, by John Hinderaker

There was an initially-overlooked moment in President Obama’s recent interview with 60 Minutes. Excerpts from the interview were played on television, and CBS posted the interview in its entirety on its web site. Left on the cutting-room floor, it turned out, was a revealing moment when Obama judged himself against the greats of past eras:

“The issue here is not going be a list of accomplishments. As you said yourself, Steve, you know, I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president — with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln — just in terms of what we’ve gotten done in modern history. But, you know, but when it comes to the economy, we’ve got a lot more work to do.”

So Obama thinks his record so far–nearly three years, not just two–stacks up favorably against any president with the “possible exceptions” of Lyndon Johnson, FDR, and Abraham Lincoln. The man is simply delusional. This is a game one could play for a long time, but let’s just compare President Obama’s record in his first three years (almost) in office with that of Ronald Reagan over the same time. Reagan inherited a worse crisis than Obama: interest rates and inflation at unprecedented levels; our national defenses in a state of near collapse, with the Soviet Union advancing aggressively around the world; recession, high unemployment and a stratospheric cost of living. His solutions to these problems, of course, were quite different from Obama’s approach. Let’s compare how they did.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2 ... atness.php

"possible exceptions" says King Barry...

I suppose had Lincoln freed the slaves just a tad bit earlier, DUMBO might just concede first place to ol' Abe himself...

JHC....this dude is one sick puppy...

Post subject: Re: Obama Places Himself on the Continuum of Greatness
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:13 pm 

Say what?

McCain: Payroll tax cut showdown 'harming' the GOP

(CNN) – Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona said Tuesday the battle on Capitol Hill between Democrats and Republicans over extending the payroll tax cut was causing damage to the GOP.

"It is harming the Republican Party," McCain said on CNN's "The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer." "It is harming the view, if it's possible anymore, of the American people about Congress. And we've got to get this thing resolved."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:23 pm 

Oh no, Charles Krauthammer, the conservative columnist who looks like one of the aliens in the Star Wars bar scene says:

‘The Republicans Have Been Entirely Outplayed’ On Payroll Tax Cut

by James Crugnale | 12:18 pm, December 21st, 2011

On Tuesday night’s Special Report with Bret Baier, conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer conceded that President Obama had the upper hand in the payroll tax cut extension political battle. “The Republicans have been entirely outplayed,” Krauthammer admitted.

RELATED: Wall Street Journal Calls Republican Payroll Tax Strategy A ‘Fiasco’

“Obama set up a trap, it’s a game,” Krauthammer observed. “He knows he doesn’t have any effect on the economy. It’s a way to trap Republicans and he has succeeded! This has a lot of Republicans on board. What the Democrats have succeeded in doing is have the upper hand in the initiative. If the Republicans leave now, the Democrats are not going to save the Republicans…We are going to January 1. There will be a tax holiday imposed. They will pass it in the Senate and the House. What Republicans should have done is swallow the bill and accept it in a month or two. Or what Boehner ought to do is call the House back and propose the bill that the Senate passed with one change. You change the date of expiration of the tax cut from 29 of February to December 31. Every other comma, noun and adjective, as is, and pass it and then dare the Senate and president not to accept.”

Krauthammer joins a growing list of discontented conservatives, including Arizona Senator John McCain and the Wall Street Journal who feel President Obama outfoxed House Republicans on the payroll tax cut extension.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:49 pm 

Wow!

Angry ed can't try to change topic fast enough.

Huh?

You must have really touched a nerve.

Better get over to thinkprogress.com and find out what you should think and what your nasty little comments should be.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:03 pm 

Quote:

"angry"...? who me?...yeah, you wish. Why would I be angry? eh? Looks more like you're projecting more than anything. Right wing drivel by right wing hacks doesn't make me angry, it makes me LOL.
The other threads were'nt getting any bites...crickets...so I thought I'd try it here.

Worked_ like_a_ charm. :smt005 Thanks for playing.

Looking forward to paying more taxes come January 1st courtesy of Johnny Boner, Eric Cantor & the dysfunctional GOP? Ya think 160 million people will be happy?

Arc, be happy!

Quote:
December 21, 2011

Obama’s Rising Poll Numbers: The Dog-That-Didn’t-Bark Factor

By Paul Glastris

As Steve noted yesterday there are plenty of reasons why, going into the Christmas break, Barack Obama is looking surprisingly strong politically. The economy is slowly improving. The troops are out of Iraq. The agenda in Washington has shifted — largely as the result of the president’s own speeches — from debt-reduction to job creation. And the House Republicans have insanely positioned themselves on the wrong side of the payroll tax cut.

But there’s another reason to consider, a sort of dog-that-didn’t-bark factor. As Jonathan Alter explains in his recent Washington Monthly cover story, Obama has gone longer than any recent president without a significant scandal on his watch. Alter predicted that if this record continues it could have a real effect on the president’s reelection chances. I think we may already be seeing signs of that effect

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/politi ... 034236.php

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:24 pm 

I heard Obama's boastful comments and comparing himself to the likes of Lincoln, FDR, Teddy and I forget the 4th. What a putz! No humility. This guy should never have made it to the US Senate much less President. No wonder things are so screwed up. He feels he is always right and everybody else is always wrong. Sounds like a god complex.

Apparently it's about cast preservation. We are no longer the United States of America. Today we are the Obama nation which causes desolation. When you think Obama & the Dems are saying they want fair taxes they really mean fare taxes for all.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:34 pm 

Too bad you'll get to cry, bitch & moan for another 4 years.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:39 am 

edge540 wrote:
Too bad you'll get to cry, bitch & moan for another 4 years.

If he get reelected the country won't last that long.

Apparently it's about cast preservation. We are no longer the United States of America. Today we are the Obama nation which causes desolation. When you think Obama & the Dems are saying they want fair taxes they really mean fare taxes for all.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:42 am 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Wow!

it does prove one thing though...

edge knows that obama is fullofshit on this one.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:56 am 

Well no, the only people who are "fullofshit" are the deranged, ODS, conservative Obama haters.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:59 am 

edge540 wrote:
Well no, the only people who are "fullofshit" are the deranged, ODS, conservative Obama haters.

do you agree with DUMBO?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:04 am 

You mean this?
Quote:
I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president-with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln —

Damn right I do.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:28 pm 

....Carter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:37 pm 

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:08 am 

edge540 wrote:

Are you saying it's not ok to hate law breakers who think the laws the rest of us have to live by don't apply to them? Just so we're clear you don't have a problem with hating someone like Bernie Madeoff, right? Yet the Obama administration has made off with way more money than old Bernie except that the working stiffs had no choice but to "contribute" to he Obama scams.