edge540 wrote:
Barry just handed their asses to them on a silver platter

LOL!!!! I don't think so.

Post subject: Re: End of the Constitution
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:20 am 

Quote:
uh, huh

Survey: Majority of Catholics support including birth control in health care plans

A majority of Catholics support including birth control in health care plans and back the decision by the Obama administration that requires most employers to include such coverage, according to a new survey released Tuesday.
Their views are in contrast to leaders in the Catholic Church, who are vigorously opposing a rule by the U.S. government that says most employers must include contraception coverage in their health care plans.

Despite the opposition of Catholic leaders, Catholics are actually more likely than non-Catholics to support including contraception in health plans, according to survey results by the Public Religion Research Institute.

About 58% of American Catholics "believe that employers should be required to provide their employees with health care plans that cover contraception," the survey showed. That was higher than the percentage of white mainline Protestants (50%) and white evangelicals (38%) who believe that. The Catholic Church officially forbids contraception use, but 98% of Catholic women who have been sexually active have used birth control. The survey comes as Catholic bishops and their supporters are protesting a decision last month by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

BTW, Do you think it's a sin to use contraceptives like the bishops and Rick Santorum say it is?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:37 am 

Saw clips on Hannity on Faux noise hosting a discussion on birth control. So typical...the panel was made up entirely of men...not one woman at all! Yep let's discuss a woman's reproductive rights, but not include one woman...

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:18 am 

The GOP doubling down being against women’s reproductive rights is a fabulous election strategy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:42 am 

you idiots just don't get it.

it's NOT about birth control.

it's NEVER WAS about birth control.

It's about DUMBO forcing churches to PAY for it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:48 am 

Moby Grape wrote:
edge540 wrote:
Barry just handed their asses to them on a silver platter

And that gem of an article stated how the Catholic bishops didn't have much of a problem with it. So who was it that brought up those bishops first? It wasn't me...I'm no gas bag... :smt006

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:52 am 

Moby Grape wrote:
you idiots just don't get it.

it's NOT about birth control.

it's NEVER WAS about birth control.

I dunno Moby, they must have their rakes out early with the warm weather and all. Seems to be a problem with religious employee's who self insure....the morning after pill....and the big one..it infringes on people's religious liberty. Way to go Obama.. :smt005

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:26 pm 

Quote:

No it's not. The churches do not have to pay for contraceptives. You lie.
Quote:
And that gem of an article stated how the Catholic bishops didn't have much of a problem with it. So who was it that brought up those bishops first?

YOU did. YOU stepped on the rake again. MY article is about how the GOP got punked.
Read slowly little boy:
Obama Punks the GOP on Contraception
http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/20 ... unch_.html
Quote:
After two solid weeks of Republicans rapidly escalating attacks on contraception access under the banner of "religous freedom," Obama finally announced what the White House is proposing an accomodation of religiously affiliated employers who don't want to offer birth control coverage as part of their insurance plans. In those situations, the insurance companies will have to reach out directly to employees and offer contraception coverage for free, without going through the employer. Insurance companies are down with the plan, because as Matt Yglesias explained at Moneybox, contraception actually saves insurance companies money, since it's cheaper than abortion and far cheaper than childbirth. Because the insurance companies have to reach out to employees directly, there's very little danger of women not getting coverage because they are unaware they're eligible.

That's the nitty-gritty. The fun part of this is that Obama just pulled a fast one on Republicans. He drew this out for two weeks, letting Republicans work themselves into a frenzy of anti-contraception rhetoric, all thinly disguised as concern for religious liberty, and then created a compromise that addressed their purported concerns but without actually reducing women's access to contraception, which is what this has always been about. (As Dana Goldstein reported in 2010, before the religious liberty gambit was brought up, the Catholic bishops were just demanding that women be denied access and told to abstain from sex instead.) With the fig leaf of religious liberty removed, Republicans are in a bad situation. They can either drop this and slink away knowing they've been punked, or they can double down. But in order to do so, they'll have to be more blatantly anti-contraception, a politically toxic move in a country where 99% of women have used contraception.

Comedian's article:
Catholic Bishops Oppose Compromise on Birth-Control Insurance
Like I said, who ITF cares what the bishops say.

Quote:
I'm no gas bag

Nope, just an ignorant moron who can't read.

Last edited by edge540 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:57 pm 

Quote:
(As Dana Goldstein reported in 2010, before the religious liberty gambit was brought up, the Catholic bishops were just demanding that women be denied access and told to abstain from sex instead.)

This was brought up in your article. Meaning you brought it up first. I proved you wrong showing that the bishops do not agree with Goldstein at all at the present time.. With that being said ...Obama hasn't punked anyone...as you claim. This is no matter about reading comprehension...it's your lack of understanding of what I mean when I say it. You pulled the same crap in that Eric Holder topic...and you've yet to respond sir.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:02 pm 

Sorry, I can't help it that you're retarded. You proved sh!t. Believe what you want.
If you & the tone deaf GOP think being blatantly anti-contraception a winning issue...that's great. Run with it, please, by all means. :smt005 :smt006

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:38 pm 

6 in 10 Catholics disapprove of Obama

You can count me as one of the six in ten.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:47 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Sorry, I can't help it that you're retarded. You proved sh!t. Believe what you want.
If you & the tone deaf GOP think being blatantly anti-contraception a winning issue...that's great. Run with it, please, by all means. :smt005 :smt006

Don't you understand that your article is using the Catholic bishops as a means to "distort" that it is ONLY a republican issue? So, yeah, you brought it up first in your article. So sorry I turned the little lie into the truth. And on top of it all...you still don't get that it's not about contraception as it is about Obama BUTTING into people's religious freedoms. So, explain to us all then...WHY this is in the health care crap when there's Planned Parenthood and contraceptives on the shelves for anyone who wants them. :smt005 :smt005 :smt006

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:47 pm 

Obama vs GOP Clowns

Quote:
So, explain to us all then...WHY this is in the health care crap when there's Planned Parenthood and contraceptives on the shelves for anyone who wants them.

Uh, because women's health care is not crap. There are many women who take birth control pills because of health issues. FACT IS most normal, sane, rational people agree WOMEN'S HEALTH CARE should be provided by HEALTH INSURANCE.
FACT IS most normal, sane, rational people don't give a rat's ass what celibate old men have to say or believe.

It doesn't have a fu-cking thing to do with "people's religious freedoms."

Last edited by edge540 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:00 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Obama vs GOP Clowns

Quote:
So, explain to us all then...WHY this is in the health care crap when there's Planned Parenthood and contraceptives on the shelves for anyone who wants them.

Uh, because women's health care is not crap. There are many women who take birth pills because of health issues. FACT IS most normal, sane, rational people agree WOMEN'S HEALTH CARE should be provided by HEALTH INSURANCE.

You have to remember the hypocrisy of the GnOP...they would rather spend thousands of dollars for a woman delivering a baby vs a few bucks for contraceptives...much like wanting to ban abortions, but not giving a sh!t about the person once it is born (remember them clapping at the scenario of letting a 39 year old die instead of paying for his health care)

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)