Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Wanna see a REAL ''phony''
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:18 am 

Moby Grape wrote:

The feds are withholding cancer drugs that could help children.

Wow
mr grape yet again is showcasing his utter ignorance & stupidity, this time on an epic level.
Uh no, the feds are not "withholding cancer drugs that could help children", genius.
The feds & the president are making sure these drugs are available. You see, drug companies are not inclined to produce generic drugs because generic drugs are not very profitable.This is your "free maket' at work here. Next time before you prove how stupid you are please do some research.

FDA to ease critical cancer drug shortage with help from new suppliers
By CBS News

(CBS/AP) The federal government is stepping in to help ease the shortage of two life-saving cancer drugs, Doxil and methotrexate, regulators announced Tuesday.

The FDA said it will temporarily allow importation of a replacement drug for Doxil, a drug for ovarian and other cancers that hasn't been available for new patients for months...
...Now the FDA has stepped in. The FDA increasingly has been able to prevent drug shortages by getting advance notice from manufacturers, with 195 shortages prevented in 2011, mostly late in the year after President Obama issued an executive order giving FDA additional powers to address the shortages.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162- ... suppliers/

Last edited by edge540 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:23 am 

edge540 wrote:
Moby Grape wrote:

The feds are withholding cancer drugs that could help children.

Wow
mr grape yet again is showcasing his utter ignorance & stupidity, this time on an epic level.
Uh no, the feds are not "withholding cancer drugs that could help children", genius.
The feds & the president are making sure these drugs are available. You see, drug companies are not inclined to produce generic drugs because generic drugs are not very profitable.This is your "free maket' at work here. Next time before you prove how stupid you are please do some research.

FDA to ease critical cancer drug shortage with help from new suppliers
By CBS News

(CBS/AP) The federal government is stepping in to help ease the shortage of two life-saving cancer drugs, Doxil and methotrexate, regulators announced Tuesday.

The FDA said it will temporarily allow importation of a replacement drug for Doxil, a drug for ovarian and other cancers that hasn't been available for new patients for months.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162- ... suppliers/

so why the months of delays....

oh that's right....DUMBO is campaigning so he creates an artificial shortages and then uses sick children as barter...

I wonder how many children didn't make it because of this loser...

real nice guy

/s

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:27 am 

You know, if you would actually READ something you wouldn't sound like a complete idiot. Here ya go:

Quote:
drug shortages have increased dramatically in the U.S. over the past six years, particularly for generic injected drugs, which are the workhorses of hospitals but are difficult to make and produce little profit for drugmakers.

is there any part you do not understand?

Last edited by edge540 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:29 am 

The most recent shortages of methotrexate came after Ben Venue Laboratories Inc. in November shut down production at its Bedford, Ohio, manufacturing complex, following FDA concerns over manufacturing and product safety.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:35 am 

ODS is getting worse I see, you left this out:
Quote:
The shortages are caused primarily by problems with sterility and other serious issues that have led to shutdowns of production lines and occasionally entire factories. In addition, consolidation among generic drug manufacturers, as well as manufacturers deciding to end production of marginally profitable drugs, has led to decreased capacity. That means when one manufacturer suddenly stops production, the small number of others making a drug can't quickly pick up slack.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:38 am 

edge540 wrote:
ODS is getting worse I see, you left this out:
Quote:
The shortages are caused primarily by problems with sterility and other serious issues that have led to shutdowns of production lines and occasionally entire factories. In addition, consolidation among generic drug manufacturers, as well as manufacturers deciding to end production of marginally profitable drugs, has led to decreased capacity. That means when one manufacturer suddenly stops production, the small number of others making a drug can't quickly pick up slack.

So the FDA is now as bad as the EPA. Which is totally out of control.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:50 am 

Really?
Please explain to us how the FDA is "totally out of control". You can also explain how the FDA is responsible for problems with sterility and low profits in making generic drugs which is the reason for the shortage.
How is that the fault of the FDA?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:22 am 

edge540 wrote:
I see you just can_not get yourself to admit that you support the president on this.
That ODS you have must be the most virulent strain on the planet. :smt005

edge?
Do you support the president on this.

he must ''hate the military''?

Quote:
Obama Slashes Soldiers’ Benefits to
Pay Back Healthcare Industry Donors

Big Government, by Kerry Patton

The Tea Party hit its stride in the summer of 2009 when concerned citizens showed up to town halls across the United States to protest the healthcare takeover law being considered in Congress. The people rightly felt that the bill’s labyrinthine and onerous regulations were corrupt and designed to increase the power of the government, line the pockets of shortsighted insurance companies, and squeeze as much blood from the country’s taxpayer turnip as possible.

Just when America believed the US government health scandal couldn’t get worse, President Obama’s handlers go one step further—increasing service members’ and veterans’ medical premiums. This move is designed to push service members and veterans to opt out of Tricare and find a new insurance provider.

President Obama’s new medical proposal seeks to save $1.8 billion from the Tricare medical system in the fiscal 2013 budget and $12.9 billion by 2017, the latter amount adding up to 0.99% of the $1.3 trillion deficit for a single year built into Obama’s proposed budget. To accomplish this spending reduction, service members should expect a 30% to 78% increase in Tricare annual premiums for the first year. In five years, service members will expect an increase ranging from 94% to 345%.

http://biggovernment.com/kpatton/2012/0 ... ore-439688

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:03 am 

When I see partisan right wing bullshit by Breitbart like:"...Pay Back Healthcare Industry Donors," I don't waste time reading the rest of the bullshit because it's misleading, distortion & lies.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:32 pm 

edge540 wrote:
because it's misleading, distortion & lies.

By all means edge.. point one out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:46 pm 

I did.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:18 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
President Obama’s new medical proposal seeks to save $1.8 billion from the Tricare medical system in the fiscal 2013 budget and $12.9 billion by 2017, the latter amount adding up to 0.99% of the $1.3 trillion deficit for a single year built into Obama’s proposed budget. To accomplish this spending reduction, service members should expect a 30% to 78% increase in Tricare annual premiums for the first year. In five years, service members will expect an increase ranging from 94% to 345%.

Quote:
edge?
Do you support the president on this.

he must ''hate the military''
?

planewreck540 wrote:
When I see partisan right wing bullshit by Breitbart like:"...Pay Back Healthcare Industry Donors," I don't waste time reading the rest of the bullshit because it's misleading, distortion & lies.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:32 am 

Quote:
Obama: "Maybe Change Isn't Possible ...
Maybe We Were Naive"

RealClearPolitics, by RealClearPolitics

President Obama at a fundraiser Thursday night in New York City: "The change we fought for in 2008 hasn't always happen as fast as we would have liked. After all that's happened in Washington, sometimes you look and see the mess and it's tempting, I think, to sometimes say, 'You know what, maybe change isn't possible. Maybe that spirit that we had, maybe we were naive.' I know it's tempting to believe that."

"But remember what I always used to say in the last night, including that night in Grant Park. I said, 'Real change, big change is always hard,'" Obama said

Obama held his 100th fundraiser tonight since announcing his intent to run for reelection last year.

http://realclearpolitics.com/video/2012 ... naive.html

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:11 pm 

I could watch Bubba but I can't stomach watching this liar....however, from reports I've read he had his prepackaged answers for his preselected questions and the rest of this circus appeared to be staged as well.

talking to his media sluts.

NOT ONE QUESTION REGARDING RELIGIOUS INSTITUTIONS BEING FORCED TO PROVIDE ABORTIONS AND CONTRACEPTIONS AGAINST THERE WILL.

NOPE, IT WAS ALL RUSH LIMBAUGH...At a so called presidential ''news conference''

And what does DUMBO do?

talks at length about it.

But when asked About Debbie Wassermann Schultz' comments?

Nothing.

Quote:
A few words from President Civility
Human Events, by John Hayward

resident Obama held his first press conference in five months yesterday, in a bid to grab some media attention away from the Republican primaries on Super Tuesday. After retailing more of the wonderful Obamanomic ideas that have somehow failed to lift America out of grinding unemployment, soaring gas prices, and general economic malaise, he settled down to some questions, and of course the subject of the dust-up between radio host Rush Limbaugh and leftist agitator Sandra Fluke was broached.

The most divisive President in history was as nasty and manipulative as ever:

You know I’m not going to comment on what sponsors decide to do. I’m not going to comment on either the economics or the politics of it. I don’t know what’s in Rush Limbaugh’s heart, so I’m not going to comment on the sincerity of his apology. What I can comment on is the fact that all decent folks can agree that the remarks that were made don’t have any place in the public discourse.

(Emphasis mine.) Anyone who still honestly believes Obama’s endless claims to be a “unifying” figure has got to be scratching his head at that one.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=50034

this is the same bullshit artist who stood on stage with Teamsters president Jimmy Hoffa when he said ''take those sons of bitches out'' (referring to The Tea Party.)

He laughed then.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:10 am 

edge540 wrote:
because it's misleading, distortion & lies.

By all means edge.. point one out.