Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: DEMOCRATS RIOTING IN CHICAGO
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:25 pm 

Just thought I'd get the thread started for the G8 and NATO Summits.

I think we can safely assume the Repulicans won't be there.

They’re baack! Occupy plotting spring chaos. Targets include DNC, NATO, G-8 summits.

Quote:
A coalition of U.S. radical groups, including the Occupy Movement, are preparing protests to start in September, including the targeting of the Democratic National Convention that takes place that month in Charlotte, N.C.

The Occupy movement is likely to escalate months before the Sept. 3-6 event. A slew of extremist organizations, some tied to Obama, are preparing protests to coincide with major NATO and G-8 summits slated for Chicago in May.

Foreshadowing possible violent confrontations, some of the same radical trainers behind the infamous 1999 Seattle riots against the World Trade Organization have been mobilizing new protest efforts geared toward world summits.

The plans for the Democratic convention are posted on a central website, ProtestDNC.org. More than three dozen organizations, including labor, anti-war and so-called civil rights and immigrants rights groups are joining together to initiate a coalition.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

Post subject: Re: DEMOCRATS RIOTING IN CHICAGO
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:30 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Just thought I'd get the thread started for the G8 and NATO Summits.

I think we can safely assume the Repulicans won't be there.

Either will the summit members....

G8 Summit Moved: Chicago Summit Canceled, Shifted To Camp David

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/05/g8-summit-moved_n_1322076.html

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:24 pm 

My predictions are coming true.

Residents of State Street Condo Told To Leave Chicago During NATO Summit

Updated: Saturday, 21 Apr 2012, 9:38 AM CDT
Published : Friday, 20 Apr 2012, 8:37 PM CDT

By Darlene Hill, FOX Chicago News

Chicago - Residents of a Chicago condo whose building will be in the eye of the NATO storm are being warned that they should move out for the weekend ... or risk being trapped inside by rioters.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:12 am 

To Joliet jail for NATO offenders?

BY FRAN SPIELMAN City Hall Reporter fspielman@suntimes.com April 28, 2012 10:02AM
Mothballed for a decade, the Joliet Correctional Center could be temporarily reopened to serve as a detention facility for those arrested for serious offenses during the May 20-21 NATO summit.

Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart says his first choice was to use Division 3 at Cook County Jail before the once-empty division had to be filled with detainees over the last two months.

A less desirable alternative was to put up tents in the yard at Cook County Jail.

But, Dart said the solution that makes the most sense is Joliet, the hulk of a prison facility mothballed in 2002.

“They shut down Joliet prison. It’s sitting there empty. Could I turn the key and open it up? Does the water still work? Does the electricity work? If that’s a question, I might just look at the yard and whether to put up tents with some cots and utilize that setting at Joliet,” Dart said.

“It’s empty and it will be empty. There are no issues with that. If it’s functional, it wouldn’t take a lot of manpower to monitor. Transportation would be a straight shot down I-55. Across the street is Stateville [Correctional Center] We’re going there anyway.”

Thousands of demonstrators are expected to descend on Chicago to protest the summit that will bring President Barack Obama and the leaders, foreign and defense ministers of more than 50 nations to McCormick Place.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:41 pm 

Red Cross Told To Be Ready For Chicago Evacuation During NATO Summit

P.J. O'Rourke