Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Indiana...a republicon's wet dream
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:31 pm 

Yes we all know that Indiana is run by republicon rubes...and while they like to tout how financially fit our state is...the republicons also like to leave out how the average worker gets screwed because of their "let's help the 1% and screw the rest" mentality...
Quote:
Hoosiers are paid $4,660 dollars less than others across the nation and $3,769 dollars less than other workers across the Midwest.

Quote:
Indiana saw pay decreases in three industries: accommodation and food services, educational services, and mining. The state's average annual pay in this sector is $19,391 less than the United States and $8,299 less than what other Midwestern workers earn in this sector.

Boy...wait till right to work really kicks in...I'm sure all you 1%'s on this board will really reap those benefits...

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

Post subject: Re: Indiana...a republicon's wet dream
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:34 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Yes we all know that Indiana is run by republicon rubes...and while they like to tout how financially fit our state is...the republicons also like to leave out how the average worker gets screwed because of their "let's help the 1% and screw the rest" mentality...
Quote:
Hoosiers are paid $4,660 dollars less than others across the nation and $3,769 dollars less than other workers across the Midwest.

Quote:
Indiana saw pay decreases in three industries: accommodation and food services, educational services, and mining. The state's average annual pay in this sector is $19,391 less than the United States and $8,299 less than what other Midwestern workers earn in this sector.

Boy...wait till right to work really kicks in...I'm sure all you 1%'s on this board will really reap those benefits...

spoken like a true parasite who gets his pension off the backs of the taxpayers...

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:36 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

spoken like a true parasite who gets his pension off the backs of the taxpayers...

Don't speak of what you have no idea about

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:37 pm 

I haven't checked. Has Indiana erected barbed wire to prevent anyone from pursuing those higher-paying opportunities in other states? Maybe some Indiana residents know that even though they may make a few dollars more in Illinois, they will be taxed until they puke, more than offsetting whatever extra pay they may draw. Then, there is the poorly educated workforce that some on this board have had a hand in training....

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:30 pm 

LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:
I haven't checked. Has Indiana erected barbed wire to prevent anyone from pursuing those higher-paying opportunities in other states?

...and they are in the tens of thousands
LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:
Then, there is the poorly educated workforce ....

Yep... and Indiana is welcoming all of them...the new phrases on Indiana License plates will soon be "Do you want to super-size that"...or "Thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart"...or even "We don't need no stink'n Unions" (or their pay and benefits either)

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:51 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
]Yep... and Indiana is welcoming all of them...the new phrases on Indiana License plates will soon be "Do you want to super-size that"...or "Thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart"...or even "We don't need no stink'n Unions" (or their pay and benefits either)[/color]

Link please.

β€œAt the core of liberalism is the spoiled child β€” miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:50 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
...and they are in the tens of thousands

Where are they all going? To the oil fields of North Dakota? If so, wouldn't that be a good thing? If not, where else are they going? I have a hard time believing that the average hotel maid in California or New York is making nearly $20,000 more than one in Indiana. What's wrong with someone leaving one locale for another if it leads to higher wages and a better life? Further, if these "tens of thousands" of workers are leaving Indiana, Indiana employers will be forced to raise wages to keep the remaining workers. Isn't that a desirable situation as well? Decent workers will have a lot more leverage if their ranks are thinned by better-paying employment elsewhere. But, we both know that isn't happening, and this is a silly statement you pulled out of thin air. Regardless, there will never be high demand for lazy, illiterate "workers" of the Hammond/Gary/East Chicago/Whiting variety. Nowadays, your skill set has to extend beyond leaning on a broom and going on strike at the drop of a hat.

chuckmo48 wrote:
Yep... and Indiana is welcoming all of them...the new phrases on Indiana License plates will soon be "Do you want to super-size that"...or "Thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart"...or even "We don't need no stink'n Unions" (or their pay and benefits either)

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Link please.

Usually, I really am not interested in anyone's sources as you can find anything you want online, but I'd be like to read more about this as well. I recall Da' Region and the Indianapolis of the 1970's and Da' Region and the Indianapolis of the 2000's. It seems their fortunes have flipped significantly. Indy seems to doing just fine without the heavily unionized industries of yesteryear while NWI just can't seem to get it's act together. Remember, there is a lot more to Indiana than the illiterates and primitives north of U.S. 30 (the new 80/94 demarcation which separates areas with potential vs. those that are doomed to the fate of Hammond/Gary/East Chicago/Whiting).