Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Supreme Court upholds Obamacare
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:23 am 

Giddy up

5-4 decision upholds Obamacare

CNN-
Chief Justice John Roberts is in the majority upholding a rule on the requirement that Americans must have health insurance.

Post subject: Re: Supreme Court upholds Obamacare
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:47 am 

Great decision. The good guys win again! Definitely helps Obama's reelection campaign.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:45 pm 

Priceless and hilarious

Anti-Obamacare tweets about Canada are hilariously dumb

Oh Twitter, don't you ever change. Immediately after the Supreme Court voted to uphold President Obama's health care plan, the social media site exploded with posts from people who said they were "moving to Canada." You know, so they can escape a publicly funded health care system by traveling to a country that already has, um, a publicly funded health care system. (Although one armchair pundit gave "Drake is appreciated more" as a secondary reason, so we're kind of OK with letting her go.) Either way, the northbound lanes of these hypothetical highways sound like they're gonna be crowded. Leave early, friends.

http://now.msn.com/now/0628-moving-to-canada.aspx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:32 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Priceless and hilarious

Anti-Obamacare tweets about Canada are hilariously dumb

Oh Twitter, don't you ever change. Immediately after the Supreme Court voted to uphold President Obama's health care plan, the social media site exploded with posts from people who said they were "moving to Canada." You know, so they can escape a publicly funded health care system by traveling to a country that already has, um, a publicly funded health care system. (Although one armchair pundit gave "Drake is appreciated more" as a secondary reason, so we're kind of OK with letting her go.) Either way, the northbound lanes of these hypothetical highways sound like they're gonna be crowded. Leave early, friends.

http://now.msn.com/now/0628-moving-to-canada.aspx

Like when the angry,low information bigot made this bogus claim-
Moby Grape wrote:
I will close my business if Obama gets elected. And so will a lot of others.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:58 am 

What was extremely funny was willard saying that he would repeal the ACA with his plan that contains:

1. People that want to keep their present insurance will be allowed to.
2. That he would help the states to insure people have affordable health care.
3. People with pre-existing conditions will be insured.

WHAT A TOOL...THAT IS THE WHAT THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT IS...

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:28 am 

sparks wrote:
Great decision. The good guys win again! Definitely helps Obama's reelection campaign.

Not so fast...stupid.

Romney rakes in $4.2 million after high court ruling

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:08 pm 

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:55 pm 

just more proof that Obama & Co. will say absolutely anything to get what they want, even if they contradict themselves from day to day.

unfukkingbelievable....

Quote:
Jay Carney: SCOTUS Was Wrong about
the Mandate, Because Obama Says So

Townhall, by Katie Pavlich

Talk about having your cake and eating it, too: President Obama's various spokesmen are adamant that the individual mandate, which the Supreme Court ruled is constitutional as a tax, is not a tax. Indeed, Roberts' ruling has thrown into chaos the president's messaging machine, which has flopped from one position to the next as political expediency has warrented. Indeed, this whole episode is just more proof that Obama & Co. will say absolutely anything to get what they want, even if they contradict themselves from day to day.

Ben LaBolt, spokesman for the Obama campaign, appeared on television this morning to save some face for the president, who faces criticisms for lying about imposing new taxes on Americans. It seems the tack Team O intends to take is that the Supreme Court was wrong:

In an interview on CNN Thursday morning, Obama campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt said that President Obama disagrees with the Supreme Court’s ruling that the individual mandate in Obamacare is a tax.

Anchor Soledad O’Brien asked LaBolt: “His spokesman…said it’s a penalty. The Supreme Court has said it’s a tax. What does he believe?”

“That it’s a penalty,” LaBolt answered. “You saw our arguments before the Supreme Court…”

“So then he disagrees with the Supreme Court decision that says it’s now a tax?” O’Brien asked.

“That’s right,” said LaBolt. “He said that it’s a penalty. You saw our arguments before the Court.”

Funny enough, I was there when Solicitor General Donald Verrilli made the case for the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act, and sadly for LaBolt, Verrilli's secondary argument in favor of the mandate was that...it's a tax:

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katehicks/ ... ma_says_so

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:49 pm 

IRS To Issue Taxpayers “Scary Letters And Threats” To Enforce Obamacare Individual Mandate
Of course the Dems wrote the law so that the IRS won’t be enforcing the mandate until after the presidential election.

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — Can the Internal Revenue Service police President Barack Obama’s health care mandate while simultaneously collecting all the taxes for running the federal government?

The question is being renewed in the wake of the Supreme Court’s decision upholding most of the 2010 Affordable Care Act as a tax issue rather than one of interstate commerce.

The law, however, severely limits the ability of the IRS to collect the penalties. There are no civil or criminal penalties for refusing to pay it and the IRS cannot seize bank accounts or dock wages to collect it. No interest accumulates for unpaid penalties.

So how can the IRS enforce the mandate? Scary letters and threats to withhold tax refunds.

The law allows the IRS to withhold tax refunds to collect the penalty, and most filers get refunds. This year, 77 percent of the 135 million individual income tax returns processed by the IRS qualified for a refund. The average refund: $2,707.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke