Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:13 am 

I knew you didn't know enough about Viet Nam to try and identify a unit you claimed to have served with.

I think your unit was formed long after the war in Viet Nam was over. I think you belong to Company A, 1st Battalion, Keyboard Commandos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:33 am 

THe military draft worked well for years.

Anyone not desired by the Armed Forces--lawbreakers, etc.,--were weeded out before they got into basic training.

Some were weeded out during basic.

The facts are that they are using the same military people over and over--some are on their third and fourth rotation.

They are being worn down--overused and overtired.

If Bush wants to continue a war that cannot be won, he will need fresh meat.

And a military draft will eventually be the only way to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:17 am 

There you have it kids, a vote for a democrat, is a vote for the draft.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:34 pm 

It's actually scary to hear that some Democrats are for a draft, when they wanted to cut and run when Repubs were the ones "in charge". Wait, they weren't for the war, but now they are for a draft? I suddenly no longer have an image of a flip flop in my head, but instead an image of the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz- you know the part where he is falling over himself criss-crossing his arms because he doesn't know which way to go.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:51 pm 

I think it's a scare tactic to end the war...

Dumb games :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:53 pm 
Banned

The draft is bad for the non-white; because all the rich and children of people with power WILL escape the draft, Rangel is an old NUT from the sixties!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:21 pm 

Well expresso, aren't you going to tell us what unit you claim you served with? Or do you admit to being a keyboard commando?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:35 pm 
Banned

Sure, as soon as YOU tell us WHAT unit you were in, and in WHAT war you served in!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:29 am 

Mister Mustard wrote:
Central Highlands II Corps 65-66

You don't seem to know a lot.

Do you know in which country II Corps was located?
Do you know where the Central Highlands are?
Do you know that there were only two U.S. combat units in II Corps in '65?

I guess they didn't put all that in a movie, so you don't have any way of knowing it. :roll: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:18 am 

espresso, are you hiding?
If you can't identify the unit you claim you served with at least you could tell everyone what SERTS was. A friend who served in the unit that operated SERTS assures me that if you were ever near Hamburger Hill you have to be able to identify what SERTS was and tell us where it was located.
Did you serve with the Squawking Chickens or are you a Keyboard Commando? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:58 am 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
There you have it kids, a vote for a democrat, is a vote for the draft.

Apparently, a record number of young people voted this time and they voted for the progressive party and their members.!! Doesn't sit well for future elections either.. They know all too well the nature of failed conservative policies..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:08 am 

Mister Mustard wrote:
espresso, are you hiding?
If you can't identify the unit you claim you served with at least you could tell everyone what SERTS was. A friend who served in the unit that operated SERTS assures me that if you were ever near Hamburger Hill you have to be able to identify what SERTS was and tell us where it was located.
Did you serve with the Squawking Chickens or are you a Keyboard Commando? :roll:

espresso the Key Board commando must have "forgotten" about this thread. Or I was right, the closest he ever got to Hamburger Hill was the local McDonald's! :D

Post subject: OH YEAH?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:38 am 
Banned

Look M & Ms: Number one, don't question me when you don't know what SERTS is! There were a lot of special, tactical units around in the valley, as a matter of fact, the LRRPs is another one. Now, to see if YOU or YOUR FRIEND is a phoney and/or a pair of fakes, name ALL the firebases surrounding Hamburger Hill; what was on the floor of the valley? What is the name of the valley? What Corp was it in? What's a RTO, your bum friend should know, since it seems your THE commando forum member and never been anywhere! Before you challege anyone, make sure YOU were in combat, not a so-called, combat friend! By the way, where's the Rao Lao at? If your friend was there, he SHOULD know! BTW, you got the gall to question me, when you are probably an armchair warrior! LOL! What a joke! BTW, again, what was his unit? Huh?

Post subject: Car 54, where are you?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:19 pm 
Banned

Well, looks like I got M & Ms and his so-called, Vietnam, "combat" buddy on the run. Both fakes and phonies, to be expected, my win...CLOSED CASE!

Post subject: Re: OH YEAH?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:55 pm 

expresso66 wrote:
There were a lot of special, tactical units around in the valley, as a matter of fact, the LRRPs is another one.

SERTS = Screaming Eagle Replacement Training School

EVERY member of the 101st Airborne who served in RVN went to SERTS. You could not have been at Hamburger Hill unless you were in the 101st, and you couldn't have been in the 101st without knowing what SERTS was. Therefore I'm correct. you're a keyboard commando who was at the local McDonalds but not HH!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next