Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: edge, sparkie chuksuk ??
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:28 am 

edge, sparkie chuksuk ??

can any of you explain how this benefits the United States?

Quote:
Biden’s ‘good friend,’ donor receives
$20M federal loan to open
foreign luxury car dealership in Ukraine

Daily Caller, by Christopher Bedford

In late July, John Hynansky — a longtime friend of Vice President Joe Biden, and a major donor to Biden’s campaigns as well as President Barack Obama’s — was awarded a $20 million taxpayer loan to build a foreign-car dealership in Ukraine.

According to a public summary document, the loan, from the federal government’s Overseas Private Investment Corporation, is for “[u]p to $20.0 million,” and is designed to “expand Winner Import Ukraine’s automobile business, [and] construct and operate ‘Winner Autocity,’ which will have two new, state-of-the-art dealership facilities for Porsche and Land Rover/Jaguar automobiles.”

Porsche is a German-made luxury and sports car, and Jaguar Land Rover is a British luxury and sports car company owned by an Indian subsidiary.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/17/biden ... z23oH0T0ZL

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:20 am 

I guess that big fat blowhard eventually removed his "I donate plenty of time and money" comment

I knew I was right all along

Quote:
In the color of money,
 red staters
more charitable than blues

Washington Times, by Ben Wolfgang

Am I my brother’s keeper? Conservatives and churchgoers are far more likely to say “yes,” research shows.

A major survey by the Chronicle of Philanthropy confirms that residents of states that lean Republican and are most religious donate more of their money to charity, while more secular regions — and areas that tend to vote Democrat — give less.

But researchers caution that churchgoers are no more generous than secular Americans when donations to religious groups are excluded.

The study, which examined Internal Revenue Service information from 2008, the most recent year for which statistics were available, ranked Utahans as the most charitable people in the U.S.

Residents of the heavily Mormon state gave 10.6 percent of their discretionary income to philanthropic causes in 2008. Mississippi ranked second, with 7.2 percent going to charity. Three other states in the Bible Belt — Alabama, Tennessee and South Carolina — round out the top five.

Each of the top nine states in the Chronicle report voted for John McCain in the 2008 presidential election.
The seven least-generous states went for Barack Obama.

leftoids are generous only when it comes to other people's money...

isn't that right sploorkie?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:15 am 

Let's see who are the real gubmint parasites.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:28 pm 

LOL!!!!!

where did you get that ridiculous poll edge?

daily kos or democratic action team ?

the title alone has libtard written all over it.

makes no sense and is totally worthless

LOL!!!!!! Illinois and California?

ROTFLMFAO....

Illinois has a 12.5 Million dollar a day public pension fiasco on their hands and California mortgage freeloaders are getting bailed out with FEDERAL TAXPAYER MONEY

What's next edge? Lake County Indiana is giving away free college tutions?

GFY edge.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:10 am 

One of the symptoms of ODS is the aversion to facts which of course results in even more down right ignorance and stupidity. Further proof why....you know.
Republican-leaning states get more in federal dollars than they pay in taxes.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... ing-state/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:27 am 

edge540 wrote:
One of the symptoms of ODS is the aversion to facts which of course results in even more down right ignorance and stupidity. Further proof why....you know.
Republican-leaning states get more in federal dollars than they pay in taxes.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... ing-state/

name one

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:53 am 

The source of the tax data for that chart is The Tax Foundation, a conservative think tank funded by the Koch brothers.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:18 am 

Quote:
But we see two reasons for caution when using this chart.

How do you define red and blue states?

The graphic defines Republican states as those "that have voted Republican in a previous presidential election." Because the data is from 2005, that means states that voted for George W. Bush in 2004, which is a larger number than voted Republican in 2008.

But the definition of states as Republican or Democratic isn't immutable. Just four years later, in the 2008 election, six states in the right-hand chart and three states in the left-hand chart switched from Republican to Democratic, making both charts more heavily blue.

We should also note that some of the margins of victory were quite narrow. In fact, a dozen or more states can be characterized in most elections as swing states, which might be more appropriately shaded in purple.

The data is seven years old

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:13 am 

I'm sure he already has your vote boys...

Quote:
Obama’s looking for the moron vote
Washington Times, by R. Emmett Tyrrell Jr.

It has been a very rough patch for Our President, and I do believe it is going to get rougher still. Do not be surprised as the month goes on and August runs into September, that his campaign budget becomes tighter. President Obama is spending more money than he is raising. It will get worse. A president who mismanages the federal budget the way Mr. Obama does cannot be expected to manage his campaign budget much better. Lavish spending, it turns out, is a way of life for the community organizer who became our 44th president. The lavish spending on campaign 2012 will be looked back on and seen as one of the campaign’s greatest weaknesses. He can spend the money, but my guess is he will not be able to raise it.

Yet this week, he had other headaches, too. This week, Politico finally reported the dissension and backbiting within the campaign that have been rumored for weeks. You will be hearing a lot about this in the weeks ahead. The magical team that David Axelrod and David Plouffe put together in 2008 is falling apart.

Read more: TYRRELL: Obama's looking for the moron vote - Washington Times

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:10 am 

hey lard ass, you still get love letters from Barry?

is this true?

Quote:
Obama Email to Supporters:
If I Lose, It's Your Fault

Breitbart's Big Government, by Ben Shapiro

Today, President Obama sent out a campaign email essentially blaming his supporters if he loses. See, he’s supposedly being outspent. And because he’s supposedly being outspent, he’s losing. And he can’t spend more money unless his supporters fork it over.

This is the campaign version of Obama’s entire economic argument: he can’t fix the economy unless he spends more money. And unless we give him more money, he can’t spend it. So if the economy fails, it’s our fault.

Here’s the perverse logic:

Last week, when I was in Iowa, voters told me they were feeling it. The numbers back it up: Our side is getting outspent 2-to-1 on the air there.

But the folks asking me about this don't want an explanation -- they want to know what I'm going to do about it.

And the fact is that solving this problem is up to you ….

We're losing this air war right now.

I don't have as much time to campaign this time as I did in 2008, so this whole thing is riding on you making it happen.

Perhaps the most laughable aspect of this latest desperate missive is Obama’s assertion that he doesn’t have “as much time to campaign this time as I did in 2008.” He’s done nothing but campaign since the beginning of the year. From January to mid-June, Obama held more than 160 fundraisers. During that same period in 2004, President George W. Bush had held just 79 fundraisers.

Here’s the sad fact for Obama: nobody’s enamored with him anymore. His spendthrift ways haven’t just bankrupted the country – they’ve bankrupted his campaign. And he still blames everyone else.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... your-fault

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:24 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
hey lard ass, you still get love letters from Barry?

is this true?

Quote:
Obama Email to Supporters:
If I Lose, It's Your Fault

Breitbart's Big Government, by Ben Shapiro

Today, President Obama sent out a campaign email essentially blaming his supporters if he loses. See, he’s supposedly being outspent. And because he’s supposedly being outspent, he’s losing. And he can’t spend more money unless his supporters fork it over.

This is the campaign version of Obama’s entire economic argument: he can’t fix the economy unless he spends more money. And unless we give him more money, he can’t spend it. So if the economy fails, it’s our fault.

Here’s the perverse logic:

Last week, when I was in Iowa, voters told me they were feeling it. The numbers back it up: Our side is getting outspent 2-to-1 on the air there.

But the folks asking me about this don't want an explanation -- they want to know what I'm going to do about it.

And the fact is that solving this problem is up to you ….

We're losing this air war right now.

I don't have as much time to campaign this time as I did in 2008, so this whole thing is riding on you making it happen.

Perhaps the most laughable aspect of this latest desperate missive is Obama’s assertion that he doesn’t have “as much time to campaign this time as I did in 2008.” He’s done nothing but campaign since the beginning of the year. From January to mid-June, Obama held more than 160 fundraisers. During that same period in 2004, President George W. Bush had held just 79 fundraisers.

Here’s the sad fact for Obama: nobody’s enamored with him anymore. His spendthrift ways haven’t just bankrupted the country – they’ve bankrupted his campaign. And he still blames everyone else.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... your-fault

Even the Obamabots know, nothing is ever his fault.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:49 am 

Quote:
The Charlotte Freak Show
American Thinker, by Peter Heck

Not since the tear gas and mass arrests of Chicago 1968 have the Democrats put on a convention that better demonstrated to the American people the sorry state of the left's values and ideals. From the opening refrains that echoed the macabre yet unifying obsession amongst Democrats in Charlotte to promote the killing of unborn children to the culminating moment of President Barack Obama telling us why we need more of him in our lives to survive, the Democrat National Convention revealed just how deplorable things have become in that party.

Truth be told, most casual observers could see the train wreck coming a mile away. Once the speaker line-up for the convention's opening day had been released, the ensuing circus was completely predictable. First, the Democrats would give the floor to a communist from the SEIU, followed by the most rabid abortion fanatic in the country. Then, Harry Reid would take to the stage, presumably to tell everyone of a secret phone call he had just received informing him that Mitt Romney had once molested a pack of wild penguins. He wouldn't have proof, because it's Romney's job to prove that it didn't happen.

And just in case the mentally unstable Senate majority leader wasn't embarrassing enough, corrupt Mayor Rahm Emanuel was invited to take a break
from his busy schedule of presiding over Chicago's descent into the third layer of Hell to come lecture on good government.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/09/ ... z25txDAOCr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:22 pm 

Quote:
Obama Breaks 9/11 Promise, Sends
Clinton to Campaign for Him

Breitbart's Big Government

Buried deep within an MSNBC story accusing Mitt Romney of "throwing the kitchen sink" at Barack Obama is this gem:

*** Clinton stumps in Florida: While the presidential candidates are taking a day off from the actual campaign trail, Bill Clinton is hitting the stump for President Obama. Fresh off his well-received convention speech -- a Pew poll finds that a plurality thought it was the highlight of entire Dem convention -- Clinton visits Miami at 4:30 pm ET. And tomorrow, he campaigns in Orlando. Given these appearances in the Sunshine State, don’t be surprised if the former president reprises his Medicare arguments from last week. And take it from a pretty source that Clinton’s campaign activity will occur in these four states (all with older whites or working-class whites): Florida, Nevada, New Hampshire, and Ohio.

So Obama has broken the campaigns' joint pledge not to campaign on 9/11.

And while Romney honors the fallen, Obama tweets for volunteers.

Is nothing sacred?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... gn-for-Him

Let's hope all the union police and firefighters look at this.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:07 am 

edge, sparkie chuksuk ??

you guys drink DUMBOs bathwater, especially you edge, you're the armchair general with the inside scoop of all the top brass meetings at the Pentagon.

maybe you can answer these simple questions.

Quote:
Rice dodges queries on free
speech, Marine guards
Politico, by Josh Gerstein

The Obama administration's designated voice on the Sunday talk shows, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice, danced around two questions related to the recent violence in the Middle East: why the U.S. embassy in Tripoli, Libya, had no detachment of Marines common at other embassies and why the first U.S. responses to anger over an anti-Muslim video did not defend free speech.

"Why were there not U.S. Marines at the embassy in Tripoli?" host Jake Tapper asked on ABC's "This Week."

Rice answered another part of Tapper's question, regarding inadequate security at the Benghazi consulate where four Americans including the U.S. ambassador to Libya were killed last week, but she never explained why there wouldn't be Marines in the capital city of Tripoli at least.

"Why would we not have Marines at the embassy in Tripoli to begin with? It would seem like this is obviously an unstable country. This is a region where U.S. interests have been attacked in previous months," Tapper noted.

BREAK

Rice also passed up an opportunity to explain why a statement and Twitter message from the U.S. embassy in Egypt about an anti-Muslim video prompting anger in much of the Muslim world expressed regret about hurt feelings of Muslims but never mentioned the U.S.'s longstanding protection of free speech rights.

"Our embassies did not stand up for free speech in this initial response to this violence and the Republican charge is that it's weakness on the part of this administration," host David Gregory told Rice on NBC's "Meet The Press."

Rice called the charge of weakness "vacuous," but never indicated why the first U.S. responses to the video neglected to address the fact that the video is protected speech under the U.S. Constitution.

President Barack Obama also made no mention of free speech rights in his first comments on the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi,

http://www.politico.com/blogs/politico- ... html?hp=f3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:05 am 

List of Republican cuts in Ryan's plan....(Very interesting...do read it)

If all these programs are eliminated as planned, how many Americans would even notice?!?

List of Republican cuts. Clearly, Paul Ryan knows how to make the cuts necessary to get this country back on track.

Notice S.S.. and the military are NOT on this list.

These are the programs that the new Republican House has proposed cutting. Read to the end and pass it on to as many as you can.

* Corporation for Public Broadcasting Subsidy -- $445 million annual savings.

* Save America's Treasures Program -- $25 million annual savings. * International Fund for Ireland -- $17 million annual savings.

* Legal Services Corporation -- $420 million annual savings. * National Endowment for the Arts -- $167.5 million annual savings.

* National Endowment for the Humanities -- $167.5 million annual savings. * Hope VI Program -- $250 million annual savings.

* Amtrak Subsidies -- $1.565 billion annual savings. * U. S. Trade Development Agency -- $55 million annual savings.

* Eliminate duplicating education programs -- H.R. 2274 (in last Congress), authored by Rep. McKeon, eliminates 68 at a savings of $1.3 billion annually.

* Woodrow Wilson Center Subsidy -- $20 million annual savings. *John C. Stennis Center Subsidy -- $430,000 annual savings.

* Cut in half funding for congressional printing and binding -- $47 million annual savings.

* Community Development Fund -- $4.5 billion annual savings. * Heritage Area Grants and Statutory Aid -- $24 million annual savings.

* Cut Federal Travel Budget in Half -- $7.5 billion annual savings. * Trim Federal Vehicle Budget by 20% -- $600 million annual savings.

* Essential Air Service -- $150 million annual savings. * Technology Innovation Program -- $70 million annual savings.

* Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) Program -- $125 million annual savings.

* Department of Energy Grants to States for Weatherization -- $530 million annual savings.

* Beach Replenishment -- $95 million annual savings. * New Starts Transit -- $2 billion annual savings.

* Exchange Programs for Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, and Their Historical Trading Partners in Massachusetts -- $9 million annual savings

* Intercity and High Speed Rail Grants -- $2.5 billion annual savings. * Title X Family Planning -- $318 million annual savings.

* Appalachian Regional Commission -- $76 million annual savings. * Economic Development Administration -- $293 million annual savings.

* Programs under the National and Community Services Act -- $1.15 billion annual savings.

* Applied Research at Department of Energy -- $1.27 billion annual savings. * Energy Star Program -- $52 million annual savings.

* Freedom CAR and Fuel Partnership -- $200 million annual savings. * Economic Assistance to Egypt -- $250 million annually .

* U.S. Agency for International Development -- $1.39 billion annual savings.

* General Assistance to District of Columbia -- $210 million annual savings...

* Subsidy for Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority -- $150 million annual savings.

* Presidential Campaign Fund -- $775 million savings over ten years .

* No funding for federal office space acquisition -- $864 million annual savings.

* End prohibitions on competitive sourcing of government services. * Repeal the Davis-Bacon Act -- More than $1 billion annually.

* IRS Direct Deposit: Require the IRS to deposit fees for some services it offers (such as processing payment plans for taxpayers) to the Treasury, instead of allowing it to remain as part of its budget -- $1.8 billion savings over ten years.

* Require collection of unpaid taxes by federal employees -- $1 billion total savings. WHAT THE HECK IS THIS ABOUT?

* Prohibit taxpayer funded union activities by federal employees -- $1.2 billion savings over ten years.

* Sell excess federal properties the government does not make use of -- $15 billion total savings.

* Eliminate death gratuity for Members of Congress. WHAT??? * Eliminate Mohair Subsidies -- $1 million annual savings.

* Eliminate taxpayer subsidies to the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change -- $12.5 million annual savings WELL ISN'T THAT SPECIAL

* Eliminate Market Access Program -- $200 million annual savings. * USDA Sugar Program -- $14 million annual savings.

* Subsidy to Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) -- $93 million annual savings.

* Eliminate the National Organic Certification Cost-Share Program -- $56.2 million annual savings.

* Eliminate fund for Obamacare administrative costs -- $ 900 million savings.

* Ready to Learn TV Program -- $27 million savings.. WHY????? * HUD Ph.D. Program. * Deficit Reduction Check-Off Act.

* TOTAL SAVINGS: $2.5 Trillion over Ten Years

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next