Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: "Dingy" Harry Reid the Liar
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:21 am 

Moby Grape wrote:
edge540 wrote:
The possibility that your hero didn't pay any taxes.

then why hasn't the IRS filed a lawsuit against him?

Why hasn't he been charged?

surely that would be public knowledge.

Let me know what part is going over your head:
Quote:

As George Will and many others have noted, there must be something truly damaging in Romney’s pre-2010 tax returns for him to willingly endure the criticism and scrutiny that has accompanied his refusal to release them—a refusal he reiterated on Friday, even as the issue, and the matter of his departure date from Bain Capital, has engulfed the campaign. “The cost of not releasing the returns are clear,” Will said on ABC’s This Week on Sunday. “Therefore, he must have calculated that there are higher costs in releasing them.”

So what could it be that Romney is so determined not to disclose?...
...As a member of the ultra-rich, Romney probably wasn’t spared major losses. And it’s possible he suffered a large enough capital loss that, carried forward and coupled with his various offshore tax havens, he wound up paying no U.S. federal taxes at all in 2009. If true, this would be politically deadly for him. Even assuming that his return was thoroughly clean and legal—a safe assumption, it seems to me—the fallout would dwarf the controversy that attended the news that Romney had paid a tax rate of just 14 percent in 2010 and that estimated he’d pay a similar rate in 2011.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:31 am 

edge540 wrote:
Even assuming that his return was thoroughly clean and legal—a safe assumption, it seems to me—the fallout would dwarf the controversy that attended the news that Romney had paid a tax rate of just 14 percent in 2010 and that estimated he’d pay a similar rate in 2011.[/color]
[/quote]

wow...a ''fallout'' for paying your taxes within the law.

just amazing...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:23 am 

No genius, the fallout would be over not paying ANY fricken' taxes.

Except with ODS Obama hating cons

Last edited by edge540 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:24 am 

edge540 wrote:

Why hasn't he been charged with any tax fraud?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:29 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
edge540 wrote:

Stop bothering edge while he's being delusional. It just makes him cranky.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:25 pm 

Wrong again, Rambo.
Knowing that your boy Mittens picked an Ayn Rand acolyte extremist for his VP who wants to get rid of medicare, social security, give millionaires and billionaires even more tax cuts on the backs of the poor, middle class and elderly doesn't make me cranky at all.
Makes me very happy to know the these two are going down in flames come November. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:46 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Wrong again, Rambo.
Knowing that your boy Mittens picked an Ayn Rand acolyte extremist for his VP who wants to get rid of medicare, social security, give millionaires and billionaires even more tax cuts on the backs of the poor, middle class and elderly doesn't make me cranky at all.
Makes me very happy to know the these two are going down in flames come November. :mrgreen:

Just in case you didn't see this in the other thread:

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/ ... re-editors

AUGUST 13, 2012 4:00 A.M.

The Return of Mediscare

By The Editors

On CNN yesterday, Obama strategist David Axelrod claimed that “most of the experts who have looked at this” have said that Paul Ryan’s plan to reform Medicare would put the program “in a death spiral” and “would raise costs on seniors by thousands of dollars.” A day earlier — as Representative Ryan was preparing to accept Mitt Romney’s offer to join his ticket — Obama campaign manager Jim Messina had said the plan involved “shifting thousands of dollars in health-care costs to seniors.”
None of this is true. Any expert who looks at Ryan’s plan — any intelligent and fair-minded person, really — can tell you the actual worst-case scenario for how much more it could make beneficiaries pay: $0.
The claim Axelrod and Messina are making is based on a hostile interpretation of an earlier version of Ryan’s proposal. Ryan has changed the proposal over the last year, however, and Romney has endorsed the new version. The Democratic criticism, applied to the new plan, is indisputably false.
The Romney-Ryan proposal — which has the support of liberal Democratic senator Ron Wyden of Oregon — would let senior citizens choose a coverage plan provided either by the federal government or by a private company. The government would defray the cost of purchasing the plan selected. The providers would submit bids showing the premiums they would charge to cover the benefits Medicare has traditionally offered. The second-lowest bid would set the amount the government would provide for each beneficiary.
Seniors who picked the second-cheapest provider would have their entire premium paid by the government, and seniors who picked the cheapest would get a check for the difference. Seniors who picked a more expensive plan would have to pay the difference out of pocket.
We have reason to be confident that this arrangement would restrain the growth of costs. A study has just shown that applying the second-cheapest-bidder approach to even the much less robust form of competition in Medicare Advantage would have resulted in a 9 percent reduction in Medicare costs in one year alone. The savings from years of real competition could be enormous.
If, however, competition does not restrain costs, the growth of government spending per beneficiary will be capped at a level a bit above the growth rate of the economy plus inflation. That is the exact level that the Obama administration envisions as well. The administration, however, hopes to reach the target by setting low prices for medical providers and otherwise micromanaging medical markets. There have been many past efforts along these lines, and they have always failed.
Under a worst-case scenario, then, the Romney-Ryan plan costs senior citizens no more than current law. It offers the hope of doing considerably better: of reining in the costs of Medicare, the principal cause of long-term debt disaster, without sacrificing patient choice, the quality of health care, or medical innovation.
Republicans should explain that they have found a promising strategy to stave off national bankruptcy while improving senior citizens’ health care, and explain also the alternative of bureaucratic rationing Obama has in store for them. If Obama and his aides persist in claiming that the Romney-Ryan plan will increase costs for senior citizens or shift risks to them, Republicans and fair-minded observers should not hesitate to call these charges what they are: lies.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:40 am 

Medicare is ALREADY is a downward spiral and will very soon be unable to sustain itself.

2008 HOPE AND CHANGE

2012 FEAR AND MONGERING.

it's all the dimwitcrats have.

there is NOT one shred of credibility that DUMBO can run on.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:37 pm 

Sorry Mittens, since you're a compulsive, serial, pathological liar and we don't believe you - prove it. You have NOT one shred of credibility.
Quote:
Aug 16, 2012
Romney says he's paid at least 13% in taxes yearly

By Catalina Camia, USA TODAY

Mitt Romney told reporters today that he's paid an income tax rate of at least 13% for each of the last 10 years, providing more detail than ever on his recent payments.

The question about his taxes rankled the GOP presidential contender, who said he believes there are more urgent issues to discuss in the campaign.

"I have to say given the challenges America faces -- 23 million people out of work, Iran about to become nuclear, one out of six Americans in poverty -- the fascination with taxes I paid I find to be very small minded compared to the broad issues that we face," Romney said, during a brief media availability at the airport in Greenville, S.C.

The Obama campaign pounced on his statement, demanding that the Republican "prove it."

The average effective federal tax rate for American taxpayers is 11%, according to an analysis by the Tax Foundation, a non-profit research organization. That's based on 2009 data from the Internal Revenue Service.

Romney told reporters he went back and reviewed the tax rate he's paid during the last 10 years, after being asked during an ABC News interview last month whether there was a year in which he paid less than 13.9% -- the amount Romney paid in 2010.

At the time, Romney told reporter David Muir he would have to "go back and check."

President Obama and the Democrats have repeatedly assailed Romney, one of the wealthiest presidential candidates in two decades, for not revealing more of his tax information. The Republican has released his 2010 tax return and an estimate he paid for 2011.

Based on his 2011 estimate, Romney's effective tax rate on adjusted gross income last year was 15.4%.

"Since there is substantial reason to doubt his claims, we have a simple message for him: Prove it," said Lis Smith, a spokeswoman for Obama's campaign. "Given Mitt Romney's secrecy about his returns, coupled with the revelations in just the one return we have seen to date and the inconsistencies between this one return and his other financial disclosures, he has forfeited the right to have us take him just at his word."

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid caused a stir when he said an investor at Bain Capital, Romney's former private equity firm, had told him that Romney had not paid taxes in 10 years. Reid has refused to disclose his source.

"Every year I've paid at least 13%," Romney said today, adding that he's still waiting for Reid to reveal his source.

"small minded"?
Yeah, calling people "small minded" will make them vote for you.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:26 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Sorry Mittens, since you're a compulsive, serial, pathological liar and we don't believe you - prove it. You have NOT one shred of credibility.

Why shouldn't that old fück Harry be the one to ''prove it'' edge. He;'s the one making unfounded accusations. Or do you live by the credo, guilty until proven innocent?

If Romney didn't pay any taxes then why hasn't the IRS filed a lawsuits and liens against him?

You can't seem to come up with an answer for that because it isn't true what Reid said. Bottom line.

you're an ignorant fool yourself edge.

Romney has called Reids desperate bluff...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:47 pm 

edge540 wrote:
"small minded"?
Yeah, calling people "small minded" will make them vote for you.

There's a good chance that he was addressing you directly, edge - after all, the shoe fits quite well.
And you weren't planning on voting for him anyway, were you?

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:35 am 

http://michellemalkin.com/2012/08/17/ob ... x-returns/

Obama campaign to Romney: Ok, just give us 5 years of tax returns and we’ll stop bugging you about it

In a letter sent to Mitt Romney’s campaign manager, Matt Rhoades, this morning his counterpart on the Obama campaign, Jim Messina promised to let up on their criticism of Mr. Romney for not releasing more of his tax returns if he releases five years worth of returns.
………
Mr. Rhoades responded with an e-mail telling Mr. Messina, “If Governor Romney’s tax returns are the core message of your campaign, there will be ample time for President Obama to discuss them over the next 81 days.”

In other words, Mr. Messina – GFY.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:26 pm 

Quote:
"there will be ample time for President Obama to discuss them over the next 81 days.”

Excellent!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:47 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Quote:
"there will be ample time for President Obama to discuss them over the next 81 days.”

Excellent!

I agree - most excellent, primarily because this topic is important only to the small-minded boobs who have no intention of voting for Romney anyway. And while Boy Barry is wasting his time beating this all-but-dead horse, Romney and Ryan will have more than ample time and opportunity to focus on what is actually important to normal people.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:10 pm 

happy jack wrote:
I agree - most excellent, primarily because this topic is important only to the small-minded boobs who have no intention of voting for Romney anyway.

...and you are still pondering who you are voting for...So that makes you a large-minded boob???

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next