Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Paul Ryan....VP..
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:42 pm 

MSM Narrative Fail: Majority Of Seniors Have A Favorable View Of Paul Ryan
"... That young man...what's his name? Paul Ryan?... He's such a nice boy..."
Quote:
An ABC News/Washington Post poll released early Wednesday found that 50 percent of senior citizens 65 years and older have a favorable view of Ryan, the GOP vice presidential pick, while 35 percent hold an unfavorable view. Fifteen percent, the poll found, don’t have an opinion.

Democrats had expected Ryan to be especially unpopular with older Americans because of his budget proposal which shifts Medicare into a subsidized private insurance model system for those currently under the age of 55. President Obama’s campaign has hit Ryan hard for his Medicare plans, saying that they would raise healthcare costs for seniors.

But Ryan, since presumptive GOP nominee Mitt Romney tapped him for the ticket, has not shied away from his budget plan. He has countered with attacks on Obama, claiming he weakened Medicare by cutting funds to pay for his healthcare reform bill.

The poll also found that 41 percent of seniors over 65 have a favorable view of Vice President Joe Biden while 52 percent have an unfavorable view and 7 percent have no opinion.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:22 am 

edge540 wrote:
In the extremist, fanatic, wacko wing nut world of conservatives this is an "innocent child."

hey edge, are you aware that Third-Trimester babies have been known to survive abortions?

And that DUMBO has pushed for legislation to punish any doctor who tries to save it?

do you agree with that?

Quote:
Video: Obama Says He's "Pro-Choice" on Third-Trimester Abortions
Weekly Standard, by John McCormack

The Washington Post reports that President Obama is running his reelection campaign as a "culture warrior," trying to cast his opponents as extremists on such issues as abortion in the case of rape and requiring religious institutions to pay for contraception. But could Obama's own extremism on abortion come back to bite him?

During a 2003 press conference, Barack Obama indicated that he thought abortion should be legal in all situations, even late in pregnancy:

OBAMA: “I am pro-choice.”

REPORTER: “In all situations including the late term thing?”

OBAMA: “I am pro-choice. I believe that women make responsible choices and they know better than anybody the tragedy of a difficult pregnancy and I don’t think that it’s the government’s role to meddle in that choice.”

In another interview, Obama said: "I voted no on the late-term abortion ban, not because I don't recognize that these are painful issues but because I trust women to make these decisions."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/vid ... 50524.html

Quote:
If you want to know Barack Obama's real views on abortion, you should meet registered nurse Jill Stanek.

Mrs. Stanek worked at Christ Hospital in Oak Lawn, Illinois from 1993 to 2001. When she worked in the hospital's Labor and Delivery Department she saw that babies who survived abortion attempts were left to die alone in supply rooms. They could linger for as long as eight hours, without medical care, without even the dignity of a warm blanket or a soft touch. Their tiny bodies were then dumped in the trash. Mr. Obama's spiritual mentor served on the board of the hospital. Mrs. Stanek went on a public crusade to protect these children.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/200 ... is-a-liar/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:56 am 

Dead beat Joe defends Todd.
Good move Joe, one piece ofshit defending another piece ofshit.
Quote:
Walsh Defends Akin Against 'Rush to Pile On'

Rep. Joe Walsh chided Republicans for abandoning Akin in the firestorm following his 'legitimate rape' comment.

By Jillian Duchnowski

August 22, 2012

U.S. Rep. Joe Walsh (R-8th) had fellow Congressman Todd Akin's back as other Republicans questioned the Missourian's ability to unseat a Democratic incumbent in an important Senate race.

“What he said was offensive, insulting and wrong, but I’m bothered by this rush to pile on," Walsh said. "And I’m bothered by the silence of members of our own party to stand up for him.”

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:00 am 

[quote="edge540"]Dead beat Joe defends Todd.
Good move Joe, one piece ofshit defending another piece ofshit.
[quote]

thanks for proving him right edge...

that RDS is really getting to you.

it shows...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:38 pm 

edge540 wrote:
In the extremist, fanatic, wacko wing nut world of conservatives this is an "innocent child."

tell us edge, does a crying baby that survived a botched abortion count as an innocent child?

apparently your beloved hero doesn't think so.

do you?

Quote:
Audio: Obama Says "That Fetus or Child" Was "Just Not Coming Out Limp and Dead"
Obama's argument: Trust the abortion doctor.

Obama's argument against the bill is that he trusted an abortion doctor, who had just failed to kill a child in utero, to provide medical care to that child if it survived the abortion attempt. "If these children are being born alive, I, at least, have confidence that a doctor who is in that room is going to make sure that they're looked after," Obama said.

Transcript:

OBAMA: I just want to be clear because I think this was the source of the objections of the Medical Society. As I understand it, this puts the burden on the attending physician who has determined, since they were performing this procedure, that, in fact, this is a nonviable fetus; that if that fetus, or child - however way you want to describe it - is now outside the mother's womb and the doctor continues to think that its nonviable but there's, lets say, movement or some indication that, in fact, they're not just out limp and dead, they would then have to call a second physician to monitor and check off and make sure that this is not a live child that could be saved. Is that correct? [...]

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/aud ... 50611.html

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:38 pm 

bump.

c'mon edge it's not an overly difficult question.

Do you agree with Obama's stance on letting babies who survive abortions die?

Moby Grape wrote:
edge540 wrote:

tell us edge, does a crying baby that survived a botched abortion count as an innocent child?

do you?

Quote:

Obama's argument against the bill is that he trusted an abortion doctor, who had just failed to kill a child in utero, to provide medical care to that child if it survived the abortion attempt. "If these children are being born alive, I, at least, have confidence that a doctor who is in that room is going to make sure that they're looked after," Obama said.

Transcript:

OBAMA: I just want to be clear because I think this was the source of the objections of the Medical Society. As I understand it, this puts the burden on the attending physician who has determined, since they were performing this procedure, that, in fact, this is a nonviable fetus; that if that fetus, or child - however way you want to describe it - is now outside the mother's womb and the doctor continues to think that its nonviable but there's, lets say, movement or some indication that, in fact, they're not just out limp and dead, they would then have to call a second physician to monitor and check off and make sure that this is not a live child that could be saved. Is that correct? [...]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:04 am 

Real Classy Guy...

Paul Ryan Refers to Rape as a ‘Method of Conception’
Quote:
When asked about his opinions on the issue, Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan also chose his words poorly.
I'm very proud of my pro-life record, and I've always adopted the idea that, the position that the method of conception doesn't change the definition of life.

http://gawker.com/5937880/paul-ryan-refers-to-rape-as-a-method-of-conception

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:27 pm 

I'll bet current sitting Democratic Senator (and leader of the Congressional "The Lighter Side of Rape" Caucus) Al Franken could find a joke in there somewhere.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:00 am 

bump.

c'mon edge it's not an overly difficult question.

Do you agree with Obama's stance on letting babies who survive abortions die?

Moby Grape wrote:
edge540 wrote:

do you?

Quote:

Transcript:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:52 pm 

Ryan's five lies

1. Lie: President Obama is the "greatest threat" to Medicare.

Truth: Obama didn't make any cuts to Medicare benefits; he made cuts to provider reimbursements, to improve cost efficiency and extend the fiscal security of Medicare by eight years.

2. Lie: President Obama didn't save a General Motors plant in Wisconsin.

Truth: First, Obama wasn't even in office when the GM plant closed. Second, Obama never made a promise to save it

3. Lie: President Obama ignored recommendations of a bipartisan debt commission.

Truth: Paul Ryan actually sat on that commission. And he led Republicans in voting down the commission's own recommendations.

4. Lie: President Obama is responsible for the downgrading of the U.S. Credit Rating.

Truth:Standard & Poor's said specifically, "We have changed our assumption on [revenue] because the majority of Republicans in Congress continue to resist any measure that would raise revenues."

5. Lie: Ryan wants to protect the "weak."

Truth: Ryan's biggest feat in his political career was proposing a budget with dramatic cuts to programs benefiting the poor.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:34 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Ryan's five lies

Don't forget about Barry's big lie.
Quote:
"You know, a year from now, I think people are going to see that we're starting to make some progress but there is still going to be some pain out there. If I don't have this done in three years, then there's going to be a one-term proposition."

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:00 am 

Paul Ryan’s Most Egregious Lie: He Never Ran a Marathon in Under Three Hours
Quote:
Republican vice presidential candidate and fitness enthusiast Paul Ryan has been caught in a lie that could destroy his political career.

Quote:
Paul Ryan has never run a marathon in under three hours.
Last week, Ryan claimed his personal best was "two hour and fifty-something." But that doesn't match up with the facts.

Quote:
Runner's World checked 11 years of results for Grandma's Marathon, from 1988 through 1998, and found a finisher in the 1990 race by the name of Paul D. Ryan, 20, of Minneapolis.

Ryan's middle name is Davis, and he was 20 in 1990. The finishing time listed was 4 hours, 1 minute and 25 seconds.

http://gawker.com/5939846/paul-ryans-most-egregious-lie-he-never-ran-a-marathon-in-under-three-hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:29 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Quote:
Republican vice presidential candidate and fitness enthusiast Paul Ryan has been caught in a lie that could destroy his political career.

Quote:
Paul Ryan has never run a marathon in under three hours.

OMG!!!!
But did he ever put a dog on top of his car?!?!?
Jesus, you people are flaming idiots.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:37 am 

'Flaming idiots' would apply to anybody who would vote for two compulsive liars, Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan.
Ryan just lost the runners vote which is no big deal because most runners are evil libruls.
Rednecks down south don't run except maybe to the dinner table.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:47 pm 

edge540 wrote:
'Flaming idiots' would apply to anybody who would vote for two compulsive liars, Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan.
Ryan just lost the runners vote which is no big deal because most runners are evil libruls.
Rednecks down south don't run except maybe to the dinner table.

Speaking of compulsive liars, how is the constipated cowboy poet, Harry Reid, coming along in providing proof that Romney skipped out on 10 years worth of taxes?
Hmmmm?

Barack Obama

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next