Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Paul Ryan....VP..
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:39 pm 

happy jack wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
Quote:
Republican vice presidential candidate and fitness enthusiast Paul Ryan has been caught in a lie that could destroy his political career.

Quote:
Paul Ryan has never run a marathon in under three hours.

OMG!!!!
But did he ever put a dog on top of his car?!?!?
Jesus, you people are flaming idiots.

A lie is a lie is a lie...

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:41 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Rednecks down south don't run except maybe to the dinner table.

Now that is funny!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:28 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
A lie is a lie is a lie...

Like the one one about the "most transparent administration ever?"

You have GOT to admit, that one was a doozy!

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:11 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Quote:
Republican vice presidential candidate and fitness enthusiast Paul Ryan has been caught in a lie that could destroy his political career.

Quote:
Paul Ryan has never run a marathon in under three hours.

OMG!!!!
But did he ever put a dog on top of his car?!?!?
Jesus, you people are flaming idiots.

FYI - the "flaming idiots" label still applies.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/03/opini ... ef=opinion

What Muffins Say About Mitt Romney

By MARIE MYUNG-OK LEE
Published: September 2, 2012

SOME supporters of Mitt Romney, in an effort to make him seem more human (or at least humanoid), have been disseminating a story, first told by a biographer, about how their candidate has a charmingly eccentric habit: he eats only the tops of muffins. His theory is that during the baking process, the butter sinks to the bottom. This story conveys so many things: our guy is an everyday Joe — he eats muffins, not crumpets. And look, even his breakfast is an opportunity to make disciplined decisions — just think how he’ll do with the budget.
The Romney campaign clearly hasn’t thought about how this anecdote will play to a crucial voting bloc: Asian immigrants.

………

During the Korean War, when everyone was hungry, he told me, Koreans would take garbage and boil it to make a kind of stew. Of course that seems disgusting, he said. But it was better than going hungry. Despite being a physician, he happily ate foods tipping into rancidity. He drank sour milk. He reheated coffee. He once bought some Sheba Tender Terrine with Turkey and Chicken dinners, impressed by their cheapness, and would not be dissuaded from finishing his supply when we informed him with horror that it was cat food. Once, during a vacation, we forgot to refrigerate the doggie bag from dinner, and it sat in the warm hotel room overnight. Someone’s move to place the funky bag in the garbage the next morning set off my father’s immigrant mentality inner-motion detector. He wouldn’t listen to our pleading — we were sure he’d be dead of ptomaine poisoning by noon — as he ingested the entire contents of the carton. Annoyed, he chided us kids for our snobbish tastes, called us wasteful.
I can only imagine what he would have had to say about a presidential candidate so heedless he eats only the top off a muffin. No matter how loyal a Republican, my father would likely have declared Mr. Romney a very silly, profligate man — not the kind of man to be trusted with his precious tax money. Perhaps his vote would have gone to a Democrat for the first time ever. Politico has declared the Asian-American vote “key for both parties.” Will muffin-top-gate cause other immigrant parents to join their Democratic-leaning children?
On the other hand, there is one part of Mitt Romney’s story that would appeal to my father (besides the fact that both chose their names: Mitt using his middle name instead of Willard, my father deciding William had a nicer ring than Chae-sik). My father always found the American culture of pets — with special food (not to mention a special doctor) just for the dog — preposterous. Our childhood longing for a pet bedeviled him. It’s possible he might have been one with the logic of Mr. Romney’s executive decision to strap the family dog, in a crate, to the roof of the car, thereby keeping the luggage clean and safe inside. In the pet department at least, my father would have thought the man had his priorities straight. Perhaps he would have forgiven him the muffin tops after all.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:37 pm 

Paul Ryan on tax plan: ‘It would take me too long to go through all the math’
Quote:
Paul Ryan says "it would take me too long to go through all the math" involved in the tax plan he and Mitt Romney are proposing.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/ryan-tax-plan-math-181559697--politics.html

But hey...don't worry it won't hurt too bad when we stick it to you!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:50 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
we stick it to you![/color]

We'll put an end to that in November.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:46 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

No way, genius.
Here's why...
Quote:

Paul Ryan on tax plan: ‘It would take me too long to go through all the math’

By Dylan Stableford, Yahoo! News – Sun, Sep 30, 2012.. .

Paul Ryan says "it would take me too long to go through all the math" involved in the tax plan he and Mitt Romney are proposing.

The Republican vice presidential nominee said on "Fox News Sunday" that their plan--a 20 percent across-the-board income tax cut--would focus on deductions and closing tax loopholes for the rich, but declined to offer specifics.

The Obama campaign seized on Ryan's comments, firing off this response:

Romney has promised $5 trillion in tax cuts skewed toward millionaires and billionaires, but refused to say how he'd pay for them without raising taxes on the middle class or exploding the deficit. He's promised to repeal ObamaCare, but refused to say what he'd replace it with to protect the 129 million Americans with pre-existing conditions. He's promised to repeal Wall Street reform, but refused to say what he'd replace it with so that big banks aren't writing their own rules again.

Keep dreaming

It's really amazing how gullible conservative brainstems believe this crap.

Last edited by edge540 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:48 pm 

edge540 wrote:
-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

No way, genius.
Here's why...
Quote:

that could be right if enough ignoramus leftard idiots like you fall for ''explanations'' like this...

''we won't know what's in it until we sign it''.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:52 pm 

And now that we know what's in it, Mittens says he's going to keep parts of it, LOL.
Brilliant
Quote:
Mitt Romney Brags About The ‘Empathy’ Of His Health Care Reform
by Tommy Christopher
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney displayed several Henges worth of stones Wednesday night when he told NBC News’ Ron Allen, in an interview, that his Massachusetts health care reform law, the national version of which he has vowed to repeal on day one, is an example of how “empathetic” he is. “I got everybody in my state insured,” Romney said. “100 percent of the kids in our state have health insurance. I don’t think there’s anything that shows more empathy and care about the people of this country than that kind of record.”

That’s a bit like bragging about all the money you’ve given to the charity you’re about to sue, or how well you’ve always treated the litter of kittens you’re about to sauté. Minutes after extolling the “empathetic” qualities of his mandated health insurance law, he gave a speech in which he promised to repeal President Obama’s mandated health insurance law. Romney has taken, of late, to emphasizing the “replace” portion of “repeal and replace” because, as he just told Ron Allen, people like a great many things about health care reform, but his “replacement” plans may as well include having the NFL’s scab referees treat you. Romney would replace the preexisting conditions clause with… essentially nothing. Romney wants to replace the regulations that protect you from being thrown off of your insurance when you get sick (or have the nerve to give birth to a sick child) with… no regulations. Ryan and Romney want to replace Obamacare’s additional funding for Medicaid (which insures those kids Romney cared about when he was Governor) with drastic cuts to Medicaid. Oh, and with trips to the Emergency Room. Gov. Romney basically just called President Romney a heartless prick

Mitt Romney is the worst politician ever

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:32 pm 

Hmmm..edge has a problem with a 20% tax cut for all and closing tax loopholes for the rich? :smt005 :smt006

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:14 pm 

edge540 wrote:
In the extremist, fanatic, wacko wing nut world of conservatives this is an "innocent child."

edge and DUMBO would have you simply dump nearly full term babies (or ''mistakes'' as DUMBO refers to them) into a medical waste bucket to die without so much as the dignity of a warm blanket or a soft touch if it survives an abortion!

Quote:
One in ten babies born under abortion limit survives
Telegraph , by Rebecca Smith

Out of 750 babies born before 24 weeks in the womb, 92 lived for at least a year, the infant mortality data from the Office of National Statistics show.

The figures from 2010 are sure to reignite the abortion debate following comments by Jeremy Hunt, the new Health Secretary and Maria Miller, the new women's minister that the current 24 week limit should be lower.

David Cameron has ruled out a new Parliamentary debate on the limit.

The figures show that five babies born at less than 22 weeks gestation out of 247 born alive, lived for at least a year, 11 out of 171 born at 22 weeks lived, and 76 out of 332 born at 23 weeks survived.

The survival rate, as shown in the ONS figures, had not changed significantly over the previous four years, hoovering between 11.5 per cent and 13.5 per cent.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healt ... vives.html

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:11 pm 

VP Debate Moderator Raddatz Attacked Ryan 9 Times, Biden Once
Given what as learned about Obama attending her wedding, appointing her husband to the FCC and her visiting Biden's home IS THIS A SURPRISE TO ANYONE?
Quote:
Liberals are more pleased with moderator Martha Raddatz than conservatives are disappointed. And it’s easy to see why. Raddatz allowed Joe Biden to interrupt Paul Ryan repeatedly during the Vice Presidential debate, and interrupted Ryan herself, while posing questions that were radically in favor of the Obama team. Ryan overcame Raddatz’s bias and won the debate regardless, leaving less for conservatives to complain about.

Still, it is worth noting the facts. While the candidates’ speaking time was roughly equal–not counting crosstalk, Biden spoke for 38:25 and Ryan 37:27–Raddatz’s questions were not in any way a measure of equality. She hit the Republican no fewer than nine times with pointed questions that were either an attack on Romney/Ryan or a way to set up excuses for Obama.

The one time Raddatz confronted Biden, it was to ask him to elaborate on what he meant by “a bunch of stuff” in attacking Ryan’s honesty–setting Biden up to elaborate. That sole question is cited by Huffington Post as evidence of Raddatz’s even-handedness.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:39 pm 

"Top Ten Things Going Through Paul Ryan's Mind at This Moment"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkTVeZ8EomM

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:34 pm 

edge540 wrote:
edge540 wrote:
edge540 wrote:
Ah yes, like you do when you post a cartoon or picture.
You betcha, it takes a lot of deep thought to post a cartoon.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:31 pm 

I can't tell what is going through Paul Ryan's mind in those photos, but it's pretty evident where the original poster's mind is. Mr. Edge, do you prefer to be addressed as "Jerry", "Mr. Sandusky", or just "Chickenhawk"?

Remember how Sparks Hein used to invite people to the Hammond Civic Center to "go a few rounds"? Those three pictures must be Mr. Hein's idea of Heaven. You know he's locked in a dark room on "Bare-ing" Avenue with his pants around his ankles and his computer on while a frustrated Mrs. Sparks leafs through a sticky, gooey copy of Mother Jones on her twin bed down the hall.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next