Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Old Dumb Joe
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:41 pm 

Biden Caught Lying About Hearing Gunshots From 2006 School Massacre
In Joe’s defense, he is an idiot.

Quote:
Vice President Joseph R. Biden’s claim that he heard the gunshots of a 2006 school massacre while playing golf is raising questions about his veracity or his memory.

Mr. Biden told a meeting of mayors in Washington Thursday that he was about a quarter-mile away from an Amish schoolhouse on Oct. 2, 2006, when a gunman shot and killed five students and wounded five others.

“I happened to be literally — probably, it turned out, to be a quarter of a mile [away] at an outing when I heard gunshots in the woods,” Mr. Biden recounted. “We didn’t know … we thought they were hunters.”

But a search of maps of the area in Lancaster County, Pa., shows the nearest golf course to the site of the shooting, Moccasin Run Golf Club, is about five miles away. Rodney King, the golf pro at Moccasin Run, said Friday he was working at the course on the day of the shooting and never saw Mr. Biden, who was then a U.S. senator.

“There’s a lot of things here that I find hard to believe,” Mr. King said. “I looked in my database, and he [Mr. Biden] is not in my database.”

Even if Mr. Biden had played at the course that day, Mr. King said, “It’s very far-fetched that he would have heard it.”

“I know he didn’t hear those gunshots,” Mr. King said. “They were inside the school. Even if they were outside, he wouldn’t have heard them.”

A spokeswoman for the vice president did not return a request seeking comment Friday. Mr. Biden told the story as he was describing for the mayors’ group the Obama administration’s efforts to enact new gun-control laws.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:04 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Biden Caught Lying About Hearing Gunshots From 2006 School Massacre
In Joe’s defense, he is an idiot.

Quote:
Vice President Joseph R. Biden’s claim that he heard the gunshots of a 2006 school massacre while playing golf is raising questions about his veracity or his memory.

Mr. Biden told a meeting of mayors in Washington Thursday that he was about a quarter-mile away from an Amish schoolhouse on Oct. 2, 2006, when a gunman shot and killed five students and wounded five others.

“I happened to be literally — probably, it turned out, to be a quarter of a mile [away] at an outing when I heard gunshots in the woods,” Mr. Biden recounted. “We didn’t know … we thought they were hunters.”

But a search of maps of the area in Lancaster County, Pa., shows the nearest golf course to the site of the shooting, Moccasin Run Golf Club, is about five miles away. Rodney King, the golf pro at Moccasin Run, said Friday he was working at the course on the day of the shooting and never saw Mr. Biden, who was then a U.S. senator.

“There’s a lot of things here that I find hard to believe,” Mr. King said. “I looked in my database, and he [Mr. Biden] is not in my database.”

Even if Mr. Biden had played at the course that day, Mr. King said, “It’s very far-fetched that he would have heard it.”

“I know he didn’t hear those gunshots,” Mr. King said. “They were inside the school. Even if they were outside, he wouldn’t have heard them.”

A spokeswoman for the vice president did not return a request seeking comment Friday. Mr. Biden told the story as he was describing for the mayors’ group the Obama administration’s efforts to enact new gun-control laws.

Biden-the National version of the Village Idiot.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:39 pm 

Axelrod: Obama Won’t Endorse Biden For President
For obvious reasons.

Quote:
President Obama won’t endorse Vice President Joe Biden’s pursuit of the 2016 Democratic presidential nomination, according to his top political strategist, who also suggested that outgoing Secretary of State Hillary Clinton couldn’t be beaten in 2016.

“There’s no doubt that he has great respect for her and great respect for the vice president, but it seems to me that he would let the people decide,” David Axelrod told the Wall Street Journal when asked about Obama’s position on a showdown between Biden and Clinton.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:01 pm 

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:38 pm 

Biden Praises French Military’s “Incredible Competence And Capability”
The Germans beg to differ.

Because when one thinks of vaunted military machines, who doesn’t think of . . . France?

Quote:
After a meeting today in Paris with the French president, Francois Hollande, Vice President Joe Biden praised “the incredible competence and capability” of the French military. He was specifically referring to the recent military action taken by the French in Mali.

“And as the [French] President indicated, we discussed an array of issues starting and including Mali and North Africa more broadly. And let me say again on behalf of the President, the people of the United States, we applaud your decisiveness and I might add the incredible competence and capability of your French military forces,” said Biden.

The vice president then told a story to illustrate the “competence and capability” of the French military.

“I often tell the story — I’ve been in and out of Afghanistan and Iraq an awful lot, several dozen times; and I remember the first time I was in a forward operating base up in the hills above the Kunar Valley, the mountains. And I asked early on in the campaign, before I was Vice President — I asked my — the six Americans who I was standing with who they enjoyed standing most together with,” said Biden. “And one young man said, ‘the Tricolors, the French.’ And ‘they know how to shoot straight’ was his expression. You have a brave and competent — and I say to the Minister of Defense — competent military. And your decisive action is not only in the interest of France, but quite frankly the United States and everyone.”

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:58 pm 

Biden Gaffe #42,098,834… Confuses Poland With Portugal During Speech In Europe
Biden’s not content being the laughingstock of America, he wants to go global.

Quote:
Joe Biden is in Europe this week, meeting with leaders in Berlin, Paris and London. Tomorrow he drops by Downing Street to see David Cameron, and Nick Clegg is also on the agenda. Over the weekend the US vice president attended the Munich Security Conference where he delivered a speech on the Obama administration’s foreign policy, expressing a willingness to sit down in direct negotiations with the Iranian regime over its nuclear programme, an approach that can only be described as naïve in the extreme. On Europe, he spoke about the “unfinished business in our common project of a Europe whole and free,” describing Europe as “America’s indispensable partner of first resort.”

Biden has a well-earned reputation as a gaffe-maker extraordinaire, and this speech was no exception. In a key passage on the Eurozone debt crisis, Biden referred to Portugal, as Poland, a mistake subsequently corrected in the official White House transcript:

“We have seen positive steps recently to address the eurozone crisis, with the European Central Bank pledging to stand behind countries willing to launch reforms, and with Greece, Ireland, Poland* [*sic-Portugal], Spain and Italy all taking important steps to put their economies on a sounder path. Governments across the eurozone must also remain focused on growth and jobs. These may be fundamentally European problems, requiring European solutions, but their resolution has tremendous impact on the United States of America and on the global economy.”

Needless to say, Poland is not even a member of the Eurozone, and its economy is in considerably better shape than that of debt-ridden Portugal. Biden’s blunder is the latest in a series of Obama presidency insults relating to Poland.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:12 pm 

Shameless: Biden (Again) Invokes Newtown Kids “Riddled With Bullet Holes” To Push Gun Control
At least the third time by my count.

Quote:
Speaking to the National Association of Attorneys General this afternoon, Vice President Joe Biden reminded the audience of the grisly horrors of the Sandy Hook massacre in Newtown, Connecticut.

“Twenty innocent babies riddled – riddled with bullet holes – were the press not here, I could tell you what is not public yet about how gruesome it was,” Biden said, revealing that he spoke to State Troopers about the investigation.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:31 pm 

Biden Brags He Desegregated Movie Theaters
A legend… in his own mind.

Quote:
Vice President Joe Biden is amazed when whites try to act like they know what blacks have been through, but given a chance this week to brag on his part to end Jim Crow laws, he bit: he helped to desegregate movie theaters as a kid.

Biden, who grew up in Pennsylvania and Delaware, hosted an event at the Naval Observatory vice presidential residence Wednesday night to celebrate Black History Month.

Biden talked about being “a white kid living in a border state growing up in grade school and high school” and seeing the civil rights marches as things “that affected my life and so many white boys like me.”

So much so that he took action. “He said he did things like trying to desegregate movie theaters,” said the media pool report from the Wednesday event. Biden added: “No big deal, I want to make it clear to the press.”

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:49 pm 

Biden “Amazed” How Many Of His “White Liberal Friends Think They Understand The Black Community”
Apparently Biden’s from the hood, who knew?

Quote:
Vice President Joe Biden hosted a reception at his Washington, D.C., home to mark Black History Month Wednesday and told those in attendance — including civil rights activists like Rep. John Lewis — that the work they did laid the groundwork for others to assert their rights.

“The work you did also liberated white folks,” he said.

He went on to talk about the Voting Rights Act, and said he never expected that during his and President Obama’s run for reelection, he’d see so many “laws that would restrict voting” and attempts to “curtail the right to vote.”

“I never thought we’d ever have to relive so many things,” he said.

The Supreme Court heard arguments Wednesday in a case challenging parts of the Voting Rights Act.

The vice president opined about those who speak about the black community. “It always amazes me how my white liberal friends think they understand the black community,” he said, noting that many of them had never lived in a black community, according to a pool report. And he reminisced about his own youth during the civil rights movement and “the things that affected my life and so many white boys like me.”

He recalled seeing civil rights marches and feeling guilty that he wasn’t taking part. Biden said he did little things like trying to desegregate movie theaters.

“No big deal, I want to make it clear to the press,” he clarified, according to the pool report.

“I love you guys,” he said in closing. “I’m tired of doing these fights. Let’s get it done.”

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:15 pm 

Biden: “There Should Be Two Senators From The State Of D.C.”
Apparently D.C. was granted statehood and nobody except Biden was informed.

Quote:
Last night in Washington, Joe Biden stated that abused women fear getting “raped again by the system.” He also made the push that Washington, D.C. should be its own state, with two U.S. senators.

Via the pool report:

“Piles of Bidens are here. In addition to Kathleen [Biden's daughter], VP Biden’s wife Jill, his sons Beau and Hunter, and his granddaughters Maisy and Finnegan are also here.

VP Biden began his remarks by praising Kathleen for the passion she brings to the cause. He described his initial push for VAWA in the early 90s, when “nobody thought very much of it,” including women’s groups. Biden singled out D.C. delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton for her help in getting it passed — and gave a plug to D.C. having equal representation in Congress.

“By the way, there should be two senators from the state of D.C.,” he said to hoots and hollers.”

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:05 pm 

Biden Calls Voter ID Supporters “Immoral”
The majority of Americans beg to differ.

Quote:
Vice President Joe Biden on Tuesday bashed voting rights requirements — calling them “immoral, callous” — and warned of political consequences for those who try to impose barriers to casting a ballot.

“To me it is the most immoral, callous thing that can be done, the idea of making it more difficult to vote,” Biden said at the annual gala dinner of the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies, a minority-focused public policy organization.

The vice president pointed to data indicating that in 2011 and 2012 at least 180 bills in 41 states were introduced that aimed to stiffen requirements for voting — voter identification measures, for example.

“If there’s one thing people who want to restrict the vote didn’t understand, they didn’t understand what it means when you tell someone, ‘I’m going to make it difficult for you to vote,’” Biden said, appearing to take a swipe at Republicans. “It means, and I was certain and Barack and I talked about it, you did too, that it guaranteed people would show. The more they attempt to restrict the right of minorities, the greater the determination and the stronger the will to turn out, and that’s exactly what everyone saw in 2012.”

Critics of measures like voter ID laws charge that such steps disproportionately target poor and minority voters — demographics that often vote Democratic.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:57 pm 

Biden On First Term: “I’m Proudest” Of Failed Stimulus Bill
So he’s “proudest” of arguably the administration’s biggest failure?

Quote:
Vice President Joe Biden says that of first term accomplishments, he’s “proudest” of the stimulus. He made the comment in an interview to Rolling Stone magazine.

“The thing I’m proudest of that we were able to get done in the first term was the Recovery Act,” said Biden. The “Recovery Act” is also known as the stimulus.

The vice president went on to say that he’s particularly proud of the “clean-energy programs” that were part of the the stimulus. ”It had $90 billion in clean-energy programs. We had a lot of money going into research and development, and also tax credits for wind and solar energy. Republicans say to me, ‘That’s not government’s role,’ and I say, ‘Why in the devil do you think we have the investment tax credit you guys get for drilling for oil? How did that start?’ The reason it started was six, seven decades ago, we didn’t have the technology to know how many dry wells you had to dig before you hit a gusher, so we rewarded people for going out and exploring. We still spend $4 billion a year on that – and they don’t even need it anymore. And yet they fight us on renewable-energy tax credits.”

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:45 pm 

Biden Cracks TOTUS Joke: “Barack’s Learning How To Speak Without A Teleprompter”
Obama must be doing worse than I had hoped, Biden is even starting to tell Obama's an idiot jokes.

Quote:
Vice President Joe Biden asked that the teleprompter machine be taken down ahead of his remarks at a Jewish heritage event Tuesday night, and used it as a chance to crack a joke about President Obama’s dependence on prepared text.

“You can’t tell Barack that the teleprompter’s down,” he said. “The standing joke in the office is Barack’s learning to speak without a teleprompter; I’m learning to speak with one.”

He continued on for close to 20 minutes, largely unscripted.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:40 pm 

Biden Claims “At Least Five Senators” Have Told Him They Want To Flip On Gun Control
I have a hard time believing anything this guy says.

Quote:
Vice President Joe Biden said Friday that “at least five senators” have called him looking for a way to change their votes to support expanded background checks.

Speaking to the U.S. Conference of Mayors in Las Vegas, Biden said the 45 senators who voted to block the background checks deal brokered by Sens. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) and Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) have seen “the bottom fall out” of their approval ratings.

Biden said, as he did Tuesday during a gun violence event at the White House, that he has been fielding calls from senators interested in signing on to some kind of gun control measure. On Friday he offered slightly more specific detail about the number of senators and the difficult path ahead for gun control legislation.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:06 pm 

Biden: Government Shutdown Might “Scare The Livin’ Devil Out of You”
The only thing that “scares the livin’ devil” out of me is knowing Joe Biden is a heartbeat away from the presidency.

Quote:
Vice President Joe Biden offered assurances Monday that flood-ravaged Colorado will keep getting emergency funding even if the government shuts down next week.

While potential shutdown may “scare the livin’ devil out of you,” he said in Greeley, Colo., after touring damage in the eastern half of the state. “There’s reason to be scared, but not in terms of disaster relief,” which will continue to flow to the state, he said.

“I don’t want folks that are here in shelters or watching on TV seeing the dysfunction in Congress and thinking that all, all the relief efforts … are gonna shut down. They will not shut down even if the Congress doesn’t fund the federal government in a continuing resolution,” Biden added.

P.J. O'Rourke

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next