Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Willard steps on rake and...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:16 pm 

does a full facial into cow pie.
Sorry Mittens, that was not a "joke" and that makes you a pathological liar AND a Birther Loon now

Quote:
August 24, 2012
Romney says "birther" joke wasn't a swipe at Obama

(CBS News) In an interview with CBS Evening News anchor Scott Pelley on Friday, Mitt Romney played down the remarks he made about President Obama's origins, arguing that they amounted to a joke and not a "swipe" at the president.

"No, no, not a swipe," Romney said. "I've said throughout the campaign and before, there's no question about where he was born. He was born in the U.S. This was fun about us, and coming home. And humor, you know -- we've got to have a little humor in a campaign."

Romney was on the campaign trail in his home state of Michigan Friday when he made a crack at the "birther" suspicions that ultimately drove Mr. Obama to release his long-form birth certificate to prove he was born in the United States.

"I love being home in this place where Ann and I were raised, where both of us were born. Ann was born in Henry Ford Hospital. I was born in Harper Hospital," Romney said in Commerce, Michigan earlier Friday. "No one's ever asked to see my birth certificate. They know that this is the place that we were born and raised."

Post subject: Re: Willard steps on rake and...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:49 pm 

edge540 wrote:
does a full facial into cow pie.
Sorry Mittens, that was not a "joke" and that makes you a pathological liar AND a Birther Loon now

Quote:
August 24, 2012
Romney says "birther" joke wasn't a swipe at Obama

(CBS News) In an interview with CBS Evening News anchor Scott Pelley on Friday, Mitt Romney played down the remarks he made about President Obama's origins, arguing that they amounted to a joke and not a "swipe" at the president.

"No, no, not a swipe," Romney said. "I've said throughout the campaign and before, there's no question about where he was born. He was born in the U.S. This was fun about us, and coming home. And humor, you know -- we've got to have a little humor in a campaign."

Romney was on the campaign trail in his home state of Michigan Friday when he made a crack at the "birther" suspicions that ultimately drove Mr. Obama to release his long-form birth certificate to prove he was born in the United States.

"I love being home in this place where Ann and I were raised, where both of us were born. Ann was born in Henry Ford Hospital. I was born in Harper Hospital," Romney said in Commerce, Michigan earlier Friday. "No one's ever asked to see my birth certificate. They know that this is the place that we were born and raised."

Man, the simple truth really bothers you.

Which part of the statement, specifically, are you claiming is inaccurate?

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:29 am 

the democrats sure have no problem dishing it out and they can't talk about Obama's record ... so what else is left?

Quote:
Krauthammer On Birth Certificate
Comment: "It Wasn't An Error At
All, It Was A Joke"

Real Clear Politics, by Ian Schwartz

"I don't think he stepped on anything. It wasn't an unforced error, it wasn't a forced error. It wasn't a error. It wasn't an error at all, it was a joke. And this outrage response from Obama campaign, I think the most absurd example of fake umbrage in the history of fake umbrage. Give me a break. Romney dismissed the birthed issue from the beginning. There's no implication that he is believes in this stuff. Obama himself has joked about his birth certificate," Charles Krauthammer said on FOX News' "Special Report" tonight.

"The press swallows it up," Krauthammer said. "I think it's another example of what we heard the other night of the press -- I think it was Chuck Todd who said that the press tends to follow the Obama campaign and what it wants to emphasize. This is a non-story of a non-story."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... _joke.html

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:47 am 

America Doesn't Need a Birther-in-Chief
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbStYaQESuw

Romney says "birther" joke wasn't a swipe at Obama.
Quote:
This was fun about us, and coming home. And humor, you know -- we've got to have a little humor in a campaign."

You betcha, Willard.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:17 am 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:54 am 

The birth certificate is such a sensitive issue with DUMBO and you leftoids....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:17 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

Quote:
"No, no, not a swipe"

With all that practice you would think that a pathological lying asswipe would be good at lying.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:33 pm 

typical DUMBO hypocritical bullshit...

Quote:
The Obama Campaign’s
Monopoly On ‘Bigoted’ Humor

National Review Online, by Jonah Goldberg

Probably what bothers me the most about all of the fake and opportunistic outrage over Romney’s birth-certificate joke is . . . the fake and opportunistic outrage. There is no serious argument to be made that Romney’s joke was intended to actually move voters in anyway. If you’re a birther you’re not voting for Obama. If you’re not a birther, Romney’s joke isn’t going to bring you over.

More to the point, Romney was simply following Obama’s lead. Not long ago, the Obama campaign had the idea to release a line of birther-related campaign schwag. The idea was to defuse the whole birther thing, turn it into a joke. Instead of celebrating the fact they succeeded, the Obama campaign waits for Romney to take the bait, and then they denounce him for it. It’s a perfect example of the depth of the Obama campaign’s bad faith.

Here’s an article from Talking Points Memo from last year:

For a $25 donation, you can get a t-shirt that shows a smiling Obama above the phrase, “Made in the U.S.A” on the front, and the president’s long-form birth certificate on the back. The campaign is also giving away coffee mugs with the same design scheme to supporters who make a $15 contribution.

Deputy Campaign Manager Julianna Smoot wrote in an email announcing the new items that the campaign felt it was best to make light of the birther controversy so the president could go back to focusing on more important issues.

“There’s really no way to make this stuff completely go away,” Smoot wrote. “The only thing we can do is laugh at it — and make sure as many other people as possible are in on the joke.”

“If the facts can’t make these ridiculous smears go away, we can at least have a little fun with it,” she added.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/31 ... h-goldberg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:32 pm 

Quote:
Obama Pouts: 'America
Doesn't Need a Birther-In-Chief'

Breitbart Big Government, by John Nolte

The video below just released from Team Obama, has nothing to do with America or swaying voters; it's chum for Obama's sycophant punks in the media:

Every day and in every way, the Obama campaign and his media minions ask themselves one simple question: How can we run out the clock and avoid talking about the issues and the failing economy in order to drag this failure over the finish line?

And don’t you dare blame Mitt Romney for creating a distraction.

Oh no! Now the media's slamming Romney as an out-of-touch Mormon freak instead of talking about the economy and issues!

Yeah, because they weren't doing that before.

All I know is that for a few hours after the birth certificate crack, the corrupt media stopped using that idiot in Missouri as a way to declare Romney-Ryan as soft on rape. So I'm failing to see the downside.

Since all the media is interested in is locating and creating and amplifying distractions, I'm all in favor of Team Romney exerting some control over what those distractions are.

And if Romney's goal with the birth certificate quip was to expose the media as overreaching hysterics and Barack Obama as overreaching and humorless -- mission accomplished.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... r-In-Chief