Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: About This Gawker. com Site....
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:38 pm 

Quote:
Gawker has an interesting headline up: “Inside Mitt Romney’s Tax-Dodging Cayman Schemes.” The gossip site also has released some 950 pages of material related to Mitt Romney’s investments, mostly having to do with Bain Capital. In Gawker’s own words: “Together, they reveal the mind-numbing, maze-like, and deeply opaque complexity with which Romney has handled his $250 million fortune.”

Most respectable publications maintain a fairly strict church/state division between the editorial side and the business side, and Gawker, a not very respectable publication, seems to do the same. Apparently, nobody thought to tell the boys on the Romney beat that Gawker Media is part of a shell company incorporated in the Cayman Islands. Gawker’s money lives in the same neighborhood as Romney’s money. Call it bipartisanship.
As John Cassidy relates in The New Yorker, Gawker’s finances are “organized like an international money-laundering operation.” For example:Read more...

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/31 ... williamson

Post subject: Re: About This Gawker. com Site....
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:55 pm 

nationalreview.com
Quote:
National Review (NR) is a fortnightly magazine founded by the late author William F. Buckley, Jr., in 1955 and based in New York City. It describes itself as "America's most widely read and influential magazine and web site for conservative news, commentary, and opinion."

Quote:
The magazine's current editor is Rich Lowry. Many of the magazine's commentators are affiliated with think-tanks such as the Heritage Foundation and American Enterprise Institute. Prominent guest authors have included Newt Gingrich, Mitt Romney, and Sarah Palin in the online and paper edition.

...so would anyone expect anything less from this rethug propaganda machine...

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:01 pm 

Conveinently missing the point....as always. :smt005 :smt006

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:06 pm 

comedian wrote:

No not at all...just considering the source...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:08 pm 

And that source just made hypocrites out of ...y'all... :smt005

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:12 pm 

comedian wrote:
And that source just made hypocrites out of ...y'all... :smt005

No...I choose not to believe it...just like with all the information at hand you and many of the cons choose not to believe in global warming, that a blob of cells is not a human, that the earth is millions of years old...so that sort of makes a hypocrite out of u'ens...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:15 pm 

Still missing the point...either that or your naive and ignorant. Wow... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:36 pm 

No Stupid, YOU'RE missing the point. We are supposed believe war mongers, right wing neocons who told us Saddam had nukes and was ready to drop them on your fuking head.
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/ ... nley-kurtz

Talk about naive and ignorant, yeah, no sh!t.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:10 pm 

edge540 wrote:
No Stupid, YOU'RE missing the point. We are supposed believe war mongers, right wing neocons who told us Saddam had nukes and was ready to drop them on your fuking head.

This is getting good folks. Talk about dumb and dumber. One closes his ears to the national review and the other is too damn blind to realize he just stepped on that rake...LMAO.

We've already argued this over and over on these boards...the dems started it all and went right along with good ole Bush's policy. Consider it a continuation of Clinton's policy...idiot... :smt005 :smt006

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps9j22G9HLE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:16 pm 

comedian wrote:
Consider it a continuation of Clinton's policy...

Keep going back to ray-gun...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:29 pm 

Just when you think it couldn't get any better...it gets rip roaring better folks. Not only does chuck not want to hear anything from the National Review, edge's uses it's source. Check out who wrote edge's source....too damn funny. By that standard edge needs to read Stanley's book...that he may know the truth. :smt005 :smt005 :smt006

Saddam Had Wmds
There was no conspiracy, and the press knows it.
By Stanley Kurtz

Idiots..I tell ya. :smt006

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:19 pm 

Quote:
Saddam Had Wmds
There was no conspiracy, and the press knows it. By Stanley Kurtz

No Stanley, you're full of crap and you're a liar.
All the WMD's were destroyed after the first Gulf War. You know it, I know it and everybody with at least 3 brain cells knows it.
http://www.middle-east-online.com/english/?id=10940
Quote:
CIA’s final report: No WMD found in Iraq
4/25/2005
WASHINGTON — In his final word, the CIA’s top weapons inspector in Iraq said Monday that the hunt for weapons of mass destruction has “gone as far as feasible” and has found nothing, closing an investigation into the purported programs of Saddam Hussein that were used to justify the 2003 invasion.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:38 pm 

edge540 wrote:

edge540 wrote:
Quote:
Saddam Had Wmds
There was no conspiracy, and the press knows it. By Stanley Kurtz

No Stanley, you're full of crap and you're a liar.
All the WMD's were destroyed after the first Gulf War. You know it, I know it and everybody with at least 3 brain cells knows it.
http://www.middle-east-online.com/english/?id=10940
Quote:
CIA’s final report: No WMD found in Iraq
4/25/2005
WASHINGTON — In his final word, the CIA’s top weapons inspector in Iraq said Monday that the hunt for weapons of mass destruction has “gone as far as feasible” and has found nothing, closing an investigation into the purported programs of Saddam Hussein that were used to justify the 2003 invasion.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:08 pm 

Have you ever wondered why chuckmo "the creep" cites Gawker.com so often as a source material?

Give the following a quick read and one may gain some insight.

Gawker’s Soft Peddling Pedophilia

Recently, Gawker.com, a left-leaning and sometimes profane general interest website, posted a story that makes excuses for child rape, calling it an “orientation” instead of a crime and stating that raping children is “a sexual relationship,” as opposed to the violation that it truly is.

The piece entitled, “Born This Way: Sympathy and Science for Those Who Want to Have Sex with Children,” written by Gawker editor Cord Jefferson, is quite an outrage for its excuse making and its explaining away of pedophilia as a mere “sexual orientation.”

Cord’s piece begins by introducing us to pedophile named “Terry” and we are told that when he was 20 — he’s now 38 — he “began a sexual relationship” with a seven-year-old girl. That a child can engage in a “sexual relationship” is a disgusting characterization but Gawker simply states it as so without protest.

Throughout the piece passive language like this soft peddles child rape. Constantly were are told that sex between adults and children as a “choice.” Even “Terry” claims that the sex he had with his seven-year-old niece was consensual and Gawker simply takes his word for it without protest.

Then the piece goes on to reveal the “expert” testimony of a psychologist that claims that pedophilia is a “sexual orientation” just like homosexuality or even heterosexuality.

The testimony was made before the Canadian Parliament by Dr. Hubert Van Gijseghem, formerly of the University of Montreal. He said,

Quote:
If we know that pedophiles are not simply people who commit a small offence from time to time but rather are grappling with what is equivalent to a sexual orientation just like another individual may be grappling with heterosexuality or even homosexuality, and if we agree on the fact that true pedophiles have an exclusive preference for children, which is the same as having a sexual orientation, everyone knows that there is no such thing as real therapy. You cannot change this person’s sexual orientation.

This implication of mental anguish or disease where people “grapple” with normal sexual relations between a man and a woman is an incredible statement. How one “grapples” with heterosexuality is unknown since it is the most normal of all human interactions. It is easy to see that if the defining of deviancy down like this continues, sex crimes will no longer considered “wrong.”

The entire Gawker article is one excuse after another. Pedophiles aren’t child rapists, we’re told, they have an “orientation,” it is said. Later they are pitied for not being able to talk openly about their sexual fantasies about children because society treats them so harshly.

This piece is so bad that even leftist Ta-Nehisi Coates of The Atlantic finds Gawker’s article distasteful.

Coates scolds Gawker as having put out a piece that fails as journalism and is just “an insensitive attempt at being edgy.” Coates criticizes Gawker, saying, “A vague rape apologia runs through this piece–the implication of “men who have sex with children” as an oppressed group, the equation of pedophilia with other sexual orientations, and little to no consideration of victims.”

There is enough here that should alarm the gay community, too. The thing that should scare them most is that this article fully equates child rapists and pedophiles as just like them. The last paragraph is shocking for it dismissive treatment of child rape and its equation of such with “normal” sexual behavior.

Quote:
The old adage is that the true mark of a society is how it treats the weakest in its ranks. Blacks, women, Latinos, gays and lesbians, and others are still in no way on wholly equal footing in America. But they’re also not nearly as lowly and cursed as men attracted to children. One imagines that if Jesus ever came to Earth, he’d embrace the poor, the blind, the lepers, and, yes, the pedophiles. As a self-professed “progressive,” when I think of the world I’d like to live in, I like to imagine that one day I’d be OK with a man like Terry moving next door to me and my children. I like to think that I could welcome him in for dinner, break bread with him, and offer him the same blessings he’s offered me time and again. And what hurts to admit, even knowing all I know now, is that I’m not positive I could do that.

This is clearly an outrageous characterization of child molesters and Gawker certainly does the gay lobby no favors, here. Homosexuals have for decades fought to have their orientation considered normal and have always decried any effort to put them in the same category as pedophiles. But from the patently obvious harm it does to innocent children, if “psychologists” can start positing that child molesters are “normal” and their desire to rape children a mere “sexual orientation,” one can easily come to doubt the logic of ever having removed homosexuality from the list of mental diseases.

One last thing. Gawker writer Cord should be ashamed of himself for having said that Jesus would “embrace” pedophiles. As the website Poor Richard’s News notes (by way of Newsbusters), the Bible does not excuse pedophilia.

Quote:
But whoever causes the downfall of one of these little ones who believe in Me—it would be better for him if a heavy millstone were hung around his neck and he were drowned in the depths of the sea! — Matthew 18: 6

“Jesus died for the forgiveness of sin, not the embrace of it,” the site notes. “The Bible is very clear that while all sins can be forgiven, Jesus never ever embraces the sin itself. He made no bones about the punishment for harming a child.”

Indeed. Gawker should be very shamed of this article.

chuckmo48 wrote:
comedian wrote:

No not at all...just considering the source...

So are we chuckmo Pollan.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke