Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: I Changed my Mind.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:25 pm 

I don't think Dumbo is going to pull another victory off after all. This just reminds me to much of the Carter/Reagan year.

Last election the Republicans took an unprecedented majority. Then there's the Scott Walker recall. Again...major victory.

Once the debates take place...thats going to be it.

Not to mention, everyone I know who voted for the idiot is NOT voting for him again.

It may very well be a Romney landslide. :lol: :smt006

Post subject: Re: I Changed my Mind.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:33 pm 

comedian wrote:

Really? Every poll pretty much has them either deadlocked or Obama up by a very slight amount.

Because of Obama's ineptness in his handling of the economy, it should be a landslide. All conventional wisdom and past history should point to a change in government due to the economy.

But ...and this is a HUGE BUT, The Republicans have shown themselves to be total incompetents at every step of the election cycle this year. Their willingness to run on social issues, while being completely vague in their economic plans is just a definition of insanity.

The truth is they deserved to lose in 2008 based on what they had done in the 8 years proceeding. Guess what ...they haven't shown anything reason to win thus far either. Their inability to draw in the moderate voter will be their death knell.

My prediction is it won't even be close in November with Romney losing .....not that it makes any difference anymore who wins.

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:57 pm 

mattlap wrote:
Really? Every poll pretty much has them either deadlocked or Obama up by a very slight amount.

Because of Obama's ineptness in his handling of the economy, it should be a landslide. All conventional wisdom and past history should point to a change in government due to the economy.

Given These Startling Facts, How Can Obama Win?

Disinformation is a potent weapon. It is the basis of every psychological operation in modern warfare. “Psy-ops”, as these disinformation stunts are called, are a collection of the lies told to us every day.

They tell us lies about a “close race” to force us to pay attention to their polls. They show Barack Obama either leading or close behind and sometimes show large 6- (or more) point swings in the absence of any particular triggering event.

Here are the facts about where the largest and most important voting blocs are in relation to 2008 and today.

There is not a single voting bloc of any size that Obama lost in 2008 but is now leading. There are no blocs that he lost and has cut his 2008 margin of defeat; all are still losses, and he is not closing the gap with any of them. There are NO voting blocs, not Blacks (73/26 in Michigan and 76/20 in North Carolina), not Hispanics, not young voters, not even women that he won in 2008 and has increased or matched his winning margin in 2008. There is a voting bloc he won handily in 2008 that he is now losing by a stunning margin. In 2008, Barack Obama won the Catholic vote with 54%. Today, he can count on exactly half of that as just 27% of Catholics support him.

Moreover, the total registration of African Americans and Hispanics, two of Obama’s most valuable voting blocs, has dropped sharply since 2008. The combined decline from 2008 to 2010 (the latest data available) shows 2 million fewer black and Hispanic voters.

There are now about 16 million blacks registered to vote and 104 million white registered voters. Obama is getting about 38% support from whites and is down to 89% support from blacks.

Obama lost veterans (27% of voters) by 55/45 in 2008. Today, he is down 58/34, and many of the so-called swing states our “friendly” polls survey have sizable veteran populations. The largest group of veterans is over 65, and older Americans not only don’t support Obama; they will vote in large numbers.

The next time you see a “poll” no matter where it comes from, remember these hard tangible numbers. They don’t lie, but those using them might be.

Over-polling Democrats and having to make more and more calls to get the Democrats they do use to answer are factors that must be dug out and are not mentioned in the reports accompanying polls results. Because of disinformation, the sum of the parts only adds up to more than the whole in so-called “honest” polling.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:28 pm 

I dunno Matt. The polls projected the same thing with Carter/Reagan. I talk to a lot of people and NONE are happy with this clown who voted for him.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:48 pm 

Ouch! Great read with many embedded links. :smt006

http://stateofthenation2012.com/?p=645

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:16 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

Great source.
So are these clowns still investigating all the conspiracies surrounding the death of Vincent Foster? :smt005

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:01 am 

edge540 wrote:
-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

Great source.
So are these clowns still investigating all the conspiracies surrounding the death of Vincent Foster? :smt005

yeah, word has it Harry Reids imaginary buddy has some information.

And of course we all know how credible Harry is with you morons.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:47 am 

mattlap wrote:
comedian wrote:

But ...and this is a HUGE BUT, The Republicans have shown themselves to be total incompetents at every step of the election cycle this year. Their willingness to run on social issues, while being completely vague in their economic plans is just a definition of insanity.

The truth is they deserved to lose in 2008 based on what they had done in the 8 years proceeding. Guess what ...they haven't shown anything reason to win thus far either. Their inability to draw in the moderate voter will be their death knell.

My prediction is it won't even be close in November with Romney losing .....not that it makes any difference anymore who wins.

Showed I was pretty close ............

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe