Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: We Are Hungry
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:43 pm 

:roll:

Quote:
Complaints Mount Against Michelle Obama’s New Lunch Menu

Kyle Olson

In Wisconsin, high school athletes are complaining about not getting enough to eat each day, due to the skimpy new school lunch menu mandated by the United States Department of Agriculture and First Lady Michelle Obama.

Despite the fact that the new regulations have increased the cost of a lunch 20 to 25 cents per plate, it’s not pleasing students.
Some are throwing away their vegetables while others are adapting to the rules by becoming industrious. In New Bedford, Massachusetts, students have created a black market - for chocolate syrup. The kiddie capitalists are smuggling in bottles of it and selling it by the squeeze, according to SouthCoastToday.com.

http://townhall.com/columnists/kyleolso ... lunch_menu

Only the government can increase prices for something that no one wants.

:smt006

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:45 pm 

USMarine wrote:
Only the government can increase prices for something that no one wants.

Like the Chevy Volt.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:35 pm 

edge540 wrote:
USMarine wrote:
Because people like planewreck540 and splirks can't control themselves and raise their own children they need laws and regulations telling them how much to eat and what they are allowed to eat. :roll:

LMAO!!!! :lol:

Must be why they were all conference in basketball, baseball and golf. :smt005

I know, maybe The Latrine can site all those "laws and regulations telling them how much to eat and what they are allowed to eat" here in Indiana.

We're all waiting.

It is a FEDERAL law stating what portions and contents of the kids meals are allowed. Federal law supercedes any state law.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:47 pm 

So what part of the menu do you have a problem with?
http://www.schoolnutritionandfitness.co ... 1804231915

Looking at the high school menu I see:
grilled chicken, tacos, spaghetti, turkey and mashed potatos, pizza, Italian beef sandwich, lasagna, etc.

Oh yeah those kids are starving.

Here's the bottom line:
As long as the Obamas are in the White House, ya'll will bitch about ANYTHING.
Gee, I wonder why...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:33 am 

Here is the bottom line, assh0le:

You and your pious pals have no right to run other people's lives. :smt006

Quote:

Parents, Principals Don't Like School Lunch Rules
By Karen Ball

Beef jerky, Rice Krispie treats and four varieties of Mazzio's pizza are a few of the à la carte choices in the lunchroom at Jenks High School outside Tulsa, Okla., where football is king and the players have royal appetites. But those items, plus the one-pint cartons of whole chocolate milk beloved by many players — average weight on the offensive line is 250 lb. — could be gone now that the federal government has issued new restrictions on fat and sodium offered during the school day.

Same goes for the ice cream bars and Fruit Roll-Ups that make 7th grade tolerable for middle schoolers nationwide. And say goodbye to the cart laden with baked goods that a special-education class in Tooele, Utah, wheels around school every Friday to raise money for needy classmates.

"Just a typical unfunded mandate," sighs Jenks principal Mike Means as he contemplates guidelines predicted to cost schools an extra 14 cents per lunch — of which the feds will pay only 6 cents. Washington hopes that school districts will get more creative in controlling expenses and menu planning. Principal Means thinks kids about to enter the real world need to learn how to make choices on their own — without the government breathing down their gullet. Do they want a slice of pepperoni pizza or a healthier serving of turkey-pepperoni pie?

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/nation/article ... z27ZvN8jLU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:55 am 

edge540 wrote:
Looking at the high school menu I see:
grilled chicken, tacos, spaghetti, turkey and mashed potatos, pizza, Italian beef sandwich, lasagna, etc.

Even though you are a card-carrying Reege-tard, you should be able to noodle out that it really doesn't matter what is on the menu if some Affirmative Action Authoritarian says you can only have a teaspoon full of one or the other.

Does this sort of menu get taxpayers off the hook for the supposedly starving little butterballs in Gary- or Chicago-like school systems?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:01 am 

edge540 wrote:
Nothing wrong with schools regulating with what is available for the fat kids, unless of course you don't a have a problem with your fat ass kid having a bag of chips and a Coke for lunch, right?

maybe your parasite kids are that stupid, mine certainly aren't.

just how much government intrusion in your lives do you and your family need edge?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:06 am 

Michelle Obama appeared on "Dr. Oz" with a very special back-to-school announcement: the first changes in American public school lunches in 15 years! The First Lady has been a staunch advocate and activist for healthier children. From her "Let's Move" initiative to her talks on healthy gardening, she has been a great face for her wellness platform.

:smt005 :smt006

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:30 am 

Tiger1 wrote:
edge540 wrote:
Above we have FURTHER proof that conservatives are the most stupid and ignorant creatures on the planet.

Quote:
The Center for Childhood Obesity Research

Childhood obesity has reached epidemic proportions, affecting children from infancy through adolescence. Recent reports reveal that 25 percent of children aged 2 to 5 years are already overweight and that overweight infants and toddlers are at increased risk for obesity and associated health problems in later life. The childhood obesity epidemic demands action, but action requires an evidence base that does not currently exist.

http://www.hhdev.psu.edu/ccor/

What the kids eat at school is not the reason for obesity,partially it is what they eat at home, but most of all, the fact that they sit on their rear ends and do nothing. ALL of my children and grandchildren eat a lot, and all of them are slim and trim. The only time my older daughters gained weight, is when they were pregnant.
Why the heck should my children/grandchildren be starved at school for the false pretense of slimming down the fatties?
There are two facts here. The first one is that there is an obesity epidemic in the US. The second fact is obesity is caused by eating junk food. Why would we allow our public schools to serve food to our children that is not healthy for them? This debate is a perfect example of how completely idiotic the conservative movement has become. Bottom line is healthy children make for a successful,thriving country. Didn't you stop working at 52 because of chronic health problems?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:39 am 

:smt005

Splinks is a perfect example of how weak and incompetent the Libs are and have always been.

Let me guess, it's everyone else's fault that splihks is a lardass and can't control his own eating so he needs government to do it for him. Government sends his kids to college, tells him how much to eat, tells him where to work and he loves it!

Typical.... :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:49 am 

b]
USMarine wrote:

Splinks is a perfect example of how weak and incompetent the Libs are and have always been.

Let me guess, it's everyone else's fault that splihks is a lardass and can't control his own eating so he needs government to do it for him. Government sends his kids to college, tells him how much to eat, tells him where to work and he loves it!

I'm glad to see I still own us moron. He's responding to my posts at 5:30 in the morning with his usual loser moron drivel!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:11 am 

splarks wrote:
He's responding to my posts at 5:30 in the morning

Quote:
splarks
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:30 am

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:25 am 

:shock:

:lol: :smt006

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:38 am 

sparks wrote:
b]
USMarine wrote:

I'm glad to see I still own us moron. He's responding to my posts at 5:30 in the morning with his usual loser moron drivel!

hey fatass...still waiting for you to tell us us how much of your time and money you donate to charity.

your kid flunk out of college yet?

only reason I ask is that you claimed that having taxpayers foot the bill for the tuition instead of you was somehow going to make Hammond a better place to live but you never quite said how.

c'mon big mouth...tell us.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:45 am 

Moby Grape wrote:
edge540 wrote:
Nothing wrong with schools regulating with what is available for the fat kids, unless of course you don't a have a problem with your fat ass kid having a bag of chips and a Coke for lunch, right?

maybe your parasite kids are that stupid, mine certainly aren't.

just how much government intrusion in your lives do you and your family need edge?

Well let's see.
The 10 year old neighbor kid across the street doesn't have access to a bag of chips and a Coke for lunch, so that somehow according to the brilliant reasoning and logic of our resident racist is somehow "government intrusion" in the lives my family.

Yes, I think we can all see who is really the "card-carrying Reege-tard" here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next