All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Obama clocks Romney in third debate
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:55 pm 

Mitt Romney's performance in the third debate can be summed up in four words:
"Yeah, what he said."

Post subject: Re: Obama clocks Romney in third debate
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:34 am 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

He has the facts at his finger tips and he can speak extemporaneously.

Right.
Yes indeed, you could tell that because governor Etch-A-Sketch extemporaneously agreed on everything with the commander in chief by doing a 180 on all the foreign policy issues.

After doing a full facial into a cow pie in the last debate, I loved the way Mittens went after the president on Libya this time.

bottom line:
Mittens looked like a whipped puppy.
Quote:
In the CBS News poll of undecided voters, 53 percent thought Obama won, 23 percent gave it to Romney

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:42 am 

A small part of last night's ass kicking:
"But I think Governor Romney maybe hasn’t spent enough time looking at how our military works. You — you mentioned the Navy, for example, and that we have fewer ships than we did in 1916. Well, Governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets — (laughter) — because the nature of our military’s changed. We have these things called aircraft carriers where planes land on them. We have these ships that go underwater, nuclear submarines.

And so the question is not a game of Battleship where we’re counting ships. It’s — it’s what are our capabilities."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:26 pm 

It's really hilarious how the wing nuts are desperately trying to spin last night's ass kicking into a Romney win...well, except this clown:
"Something is wrong with Romney tonight. He's refusing to challenge Obama's failed policies. He's sounding LIKE Obama. This is terrible."
-
tweeted by Media Research Center founder Brent Bozell.

WTF did you expect Brett, when your boy says nothing more than, "Yeah, what he said."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:42 pm 

Romney clearly won...he could afford to be laid back because he's already won the election...last night he simply sat back let DUMBO make an ass out of himself again.

best headline today...so far

Quote:
Romney presented himself
as Commander in Chief,
Obama came off as Louis XIV

second best is reports that about 12 hours after the debate, Romneys lead numbers doubled...

what is the need to spin anything?

And isn't it interesting how sheeple like schlorks and edge haven’t complained ONE IOTA that all the moderators are rich old white people?...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:39 am 

Here's what the drug addicted leader of the GOP had to say about Obama handing Mittens his ass in the debate.
Quote:
"At any rate, something else that I find fascinating. You know, the biggest problem, well, not the biggest problem -- one of the complaints, the biggest rap on Romney that we're hearing from the media this morning is he agreed with Obama too much. In fact, a lot of people on our side thought he agreed with Obama too much. A lot of people on our side didn't like that debate last night, folks, I'll just tell you. If my circle of friends is any indication, a lot of people thought Romney got his clock cleaned, didn't like it at all, think the election's lost. I'm not kidding you."
-Rush Limbaugh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:57 am 

edge540 wrote:
Here's what the drug addicted leader of the GOP had to say about Obama handing Mittens his ass in the debate.

Rush Limbaugh abused legal, prescription drugs that he was initially taking for an injury. And you refer to it every chance you get.

However you never mention the illegal drugs including cocaine and marijuana your addicted messiah admitted to using and dealing...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:16 am 

edge540 wrote:
Quote:
"At any rate, something else that I find fascinating. You know, the biggest problem, well, not the biggest problem -- one of the complaints, the biggest rap on Romney that we're hearing from the media this morning is he agreed with Obama too much. In fact, a lot of people on our side thought he agreed with Obama too much. A lot of people on our side didn't like that debate last night, folks, I'll just tell you. If my circle of friends is any indication, a lot of people thought Romney got his clock cleaned, didn't like it at all, think the election's lost. I'm not kidding you."
-Rush Limbaugh

THAT is not what he had to say. And you might want to change your signature line as that is proven to be a lie. But hey....YOU think you're an expert at feeding us your damn communist propaganda...don't ya?

Look up above at this little communists quote from Rush. These people will always give half truths to suit their agenda.

Perhaps edge should read the entire article before he thinks we'll fall for his crap. Not gonna happen ...pal... :smt005 :smt006

Quote:
Once I understood the strategy that the Romney camp was employing, then the whole thing made sense to me and the original disquietedness and uncomfortableness and dissatisfaction that I was sensing melted away, and I had an entirely different view. I thought from the get-go Obama looked mean. I thought he looked petulant. I thought he did not look likable. I thought from the get-go that Obama was not helping himself.
But I was curious why Romney was not taking these openings. Obama was begging him to! Even in the second half of the debate, Obama was begging Romney to get in on it and mix it up on Libya. Romney wouldn't go there. If you read the lib media, if you look at these focus groups, like the Luntz focus group last night... There was a CBS focus group in Ohio. I was gonna mention this a moment ago when I got sidetracked describing Snerdley's activities hustling chicks down there.
There was a focus group of eight people in Ohio -- CBS did it -- and six of them thought it was a slam dunk for Romney. Every focus group did. Every focus group that I have read about or seen thought that Obama did better in the sense of debate performance, but that Romney cleaned up. Because what mattered overall to everybody (and these were all independents and undecideds) was the economy.
And Obama still has nothing there, folks. He's got no record. He's got nothing to defend. He has no retort. He has no comeback. He has no explanation whatsoever. All he has is what we saw. We saw Obama the Community Organizer last night. We saw a panicked, I think, Barack Obama. We saw a guy who I think knows he's in trouble in Ohio. Other people have this observation, too.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/ ... likability

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:13 pm 

Racist pig claims:
Quote:
"We saw a panicked, I think, Barack Obama. We saw a guy who I think knows he's in trouble in Ohio"

You betcha Rush, here's the proof:

Poll: Obama leads Romney by 5 in Ohio

By Jonathan Easley - 10/24/12

President Obama has a 5-percentage-point advantage over Mitt Romney in Ohio, thanks to a massive lead among those who say they have already voted, according to a Time magazine poll released Wednesday.

Obama takes 49 percent support over Romney at 44. Among those who say they have already voted, Obama leads by a 2-to-1 margin, 60 percent to 30 over Romney.

voters who say they intend to vote but have not yet voted, the candidates are tied at 45.

Obama leads by 2.1 percentage points over Romney in Ohio, according to the RealClearPolitics average of polls.

For Obama, the Time poll is on the high side of what other recent Ohio polls have shown. According to a Suffolk University poll released Monday, Obama and Romney each took 47 percent support, but Obama leads 54-41 among those who have already voted.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:01 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Racist pig claims:

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:33 pm 

Mitt Romney PROVES he's a pathological LIAR...or he's effing stupid:

Quote:
No, Mr. Romney: Jeep Is Not Moving All Its Factories to China
By John Rosevear
10/26/12
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney told a crowd in Defiance, Ohio, on Thursday that Chrysler was considering moving "all production" of its iconic Jeep lineup to China.

That's the kind of line that you can expect to fire up a crowd on the campaign trail, especially a crowd in a town like Defiance, which is home to a General Motors (GM) factory.

There's just one problem: It's not true.

Yes, Chrysler Might Build Jeeps in China. But ...

Here's what is true: Chrysler is indeed considering a plan to make Jeeps in China. But it's not planning to send those Jeeps to the U.S. to sell -- and it's definitely not planning to close the factories that currently make Jeeps in Michigan, Illinois, and Ohio.

Why would Chrysler want to make Jeeps in China? Lots of reasons, but one big one in particular: China places heavy taxes on imported cars and trucks. Non-Chinese automakers that want to do business in China's booming auto market are almost always better off building their cars and trucks locally.

Nearly all of the automakers you've ever heard of are either building cars in China already or making plans to do so.

Build Globally, Sell Locally

Ford (F), for instance, has recently invested about $5 billion to build several new factories in China. A couple of those plants are already open and thriving. The Ford Focus, for example, has become one of China's best-selling cars.

Yes, Ford builds the Focus in China -- and in Russia, Thailand, and Germany. But the Focuses you see at your local Ford dealer here in the U.S. were all built in Michigan. That's because Ford, like many automakers, finds it cost-effective to build its cars close to the people who will be buying them.

This is exactly what Chrysler is talking about doing with Jeep. Chinese consumers have been hot for SUVs lately, and Jeep -- perhaps the world's best-known and most iconic SUV brand -- would love to be able to capture a big piece of that market. And that means building Jeeps in China.

A Little Problem of Reading Comprehension

Romney's confusion (or his staff's) apparently arose from a recent Bloomberg article discussing Chrysler's plans. The beginning of the article is, indeed, a little confusing. But later on in the piece the writer makes it clear that Chrysler's plans involve adding factories in China, rather than shifting production away from the U.S.

Chrysler reacted to Romney's remarks with indignation. The company released a statement late on Thursday that made it clear that "Jeep has no intention of shifting production of its Jeep models out of North America to China." (Those are Chrysler's italics.) Chrysler's PR folks also appeared to chide Romney with this remark at the end of their press release: "A careful and unbiased reading of the Bloomberg take would have saved unnecessary fantasies and extravagant comments."

A Small Gaffe in the Grand Scheme of Things

As gaffes go, Romney's probably doesn't even make the top 10 list for this presidential campaign. In all likelihood, some staffer working quickly made a mistake, and Romney simply ran with it.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2012/10/26/ ... -false-gm/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:50 am 

what edge is trying to explain is that our government bailed out the auto industry in a take-over and now they have to move their expanding production lines to China.

and mark my words.

as soon as that production line goes full time the factories here will be idled.

all thanks to the democrats and labor unions.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:38 am 

Wow
It's really stunning how fuc*ing stupid conservatives are.
Morons will believe anything this lying piece of crap says.
Quote:

Romney Lies About Chrysler, GM
By William Boardman

When the presidential candidates are calling each other liars or something close to that, that's hardly new -- but a major American corporation all but calling a presidential candidate a liar, when did that happen before? Never mind happen twice. In one week.

Widespread coverage of the story of the Chrysler Corporation's flat contradiction of Mitt Romney's campaign assertions, followed by General Motors doing the same, suggests that such sharp corporate responses are unprecedented. Certainly the relationship of these corporations to the Republican Party are far removed from the time when one of President Eisenhower's cabinet members said that "for years I thought what was good for the country was good for General Motors and vice versa" (although the urban legend version has him saying "what's good for General Motors is good for America").

The catalyst for these sharp corporate reactions came on October 25, in Defiance, Ohio, when Mitt Romney told a campaign rally: "I saw a story today that one of the great manufacturers in this state, Jeep, now owned by the Italians, is thinking of moving all production to China." [emphasis added]

Romney's Comment Was Not True

That was not true. The Bloomberg story stated: "Chrysler currently builds all Jeep SUV models at plants in Michigan, Illinois and Ohio. [Chrysler] referred to adding Jeep production sites rather than shifting output from North America to China." [emphasis added]

Chrysler executive Gualberto Ranieri responded promptly to Romney campaign comment with a blog statement that used italics for emphasis: "Let's set the record straight: Jeep has no intention of shifting production of its Jeep models out of North America to China". A careful and unbiased reading of the Bloomberg take would have saved unnecessary fantasies and extravagant comments."

Ranieri called Romney's conclusion "a leap that would be difficult even for professional circus acrobats." Romney neither responded not retracted the comment.

On October 28, the Romney campaign came out with a television ad that kept pushing the story, with more carefully crafted language, but continued controversy. Firedoglake reported that the ad is " so false that, as you can see by the title of the video, it's posted on youtube by people opposed to Romney."

Chrysler's CEO Objected At Length

Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne went public on October 30 in a lengthy email that began: "Chrysler Group's production plans for the Jeep brand have become the focus of public debate. I feel obliged to unambiguously restate our position: Jeep production will not be moved from the United States to China"." [emphasis added]

After mentioning specifics of Chrysler's production infrastructure, Marchionne concluded his email by saying: "Jeep assembly lines will remain in operation in the United States and will constitute the backbone of the brand. It is inaccurate to suggest anything different"."

Romney and his campaign have declined to discuss the Jeep statement on the record, despite repeated questions from reporters. Romney continued making variations of his initial claim in stump speeches, and his campaign issued a radio ad that went further, and claimed General Motors (GM) was also shipping jobs to China: "Under President Obama, GM cut 15,000 American jobs, but they are planning to double the number of cars built in China, which means 15,000 more jobs for China. And now comes word that Chrysler plans to start making Jeeps in, you guessed it, China."

"The ad is cynical campaign politics at its worst," said General Motors spokesman Greg Martin: "We think creating jobs in the U.S. and repatriating profits back in this country should be a source of bipartisan pride."
GM said: "Campaign Politics at its Cynical Worst"
GM spokesman Martin also said: "We've clearly entered some parallel universe during these last few days. No amount of campaign politics at its cynical worst will diminish our record of creating jobs in the U.S. and repatriating profits back to this country."

By October 31, the Denver Post joined other newspapers around the country, including the Toledo Blade, the Cleveland Leader, the Youngstown Vindicator and two Detroit papers criticizing Romney for "falsehoods and half-truths" (Denver), "blatant lies" (Cleveland), and "[making] things up out of whole cloth" (Youngstown). FactCheck.org called Romney "flat wrong" in his original comment on Jeep going to China, while the National Legal and Policy Center (NLPC -- which "promotes ethics in public life") argued that Romney was right and the media are biased.

Although NLPC quotes an ambiguous section from the original Bloomberg story to bolster its argument, it goes on to omit the Bloomberg clarification later in the same story about "adding Jeep production sites rather than shifting output from North America to China."

"It's difficult to quantify a candidate's relationship with the facts, but The Washington Post's fact-checker, Glenn Kessler, has calculated that, for much of the campaign, Romney and Obama were roughly even in their prevarications until the past few months. Back in May, Romney's average "Pinocchio" rating from Kessler was 1.97 on a scale of 0 to 4. Obama was at 1.91. Now, Obama is at 2.11 and Romney is at 2.40 -- putting him at the level of hogwash perpetrated during the primaries by Rick Perry (2.41) and Newt Gingrich (2.44)". Romney is in a whole new category". When is comes to truth, Romney still lives in Defiance."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:00 pm 

planewreck wrote:
Morons will believe anything

:smt005 :smt006
Quote:
CHINA: Jeeps to be made in China again

By Graeme Roberts | 23 October 2012

Fiat-Chrysler's Jeep - the automotive brand at the centre of the first joint vehicle manufacturing venture between western and Chinese automakers - will soon once again be made in China, a media report said.

Fiat, now majority owner of the Chrysler Group, plans to start making Jeeps in China and might eventually make all of its models in the country, the head of both carmakers' operations in the region told the South China Morning Post.

Mike Manley, chief operating officer of Fiat and Chrysler in Asia, said Fiat was in "very detailed conversations" with Chinese partner, Guangzhou Automobile Group, on making Jeeps in the world's biggest car market. Chrysler has not built Jeeps in China since Fiat took control in 2009.

"The volume opportunity for us is very significant," said Manley, who is also president of the Jeep brand. "We're reviewing the opportunities within the existing capacity" as well as whether the company "should localise the entire Jeep portfolio or some of the Jeep portfolio", he said.

Jia Xinguang, chief analyst at China Auto Consultancy Group, told the Post Fiat and Chrysler would consider moving some of Jeep's production to China because the SUV was popular in that market.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:16 pm 

Latrine conveniently left this out:
Quote:
But Jia said it would be impossible for Chrysler to build all its Jeeps in China.

Quote:
"Let's set the record straight: Jeep has no intention of shifting production of its Jeep models out of North America to China". A careful and unbiased reading of the Bloomberg take would have saved unnecessary fantasies and extravagant comments."
- Chrysler CEO

Translation:
Mitt Romney is a pathological lying piece of sh!t...and so are his boot-licking supporters. :smt006

Last edited by edge540 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.