Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Obama Wins Re-Election 2012
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:47 pm 

NAACP president: Black people worse off under Obama
By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Monday, January 28, 2013
NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Jealous said Sunday that black Americans “are doing a full point worse” than when President Obama first took office.

“The country’s back to pretty much where it was when this president started,” Mr. Jealous told MSNBC host David Gregory on “Meet the Press.” “White people in this country are doing a bit better. Black people are doing a full point worse.”

The black unemployment rate was 12.7 percent when Mr. Obama took office. While the unemployment rate in the U.S. as a whole is below 8 percent, the Labor Department reported the black jobless rate was up from 12.9 percent to 14 percent for December.

The worst during Mr Obama’s first term was in September 2011, with 16.7 percent unemployment for blacks — the highest since 1983, the Department of Labor reports. The black teen jobless rate hit a staggering 39.3 percent in July 2012.

The NAACP, the National Urban League and the National Action Network, among others, met for the second time on Friday to discuss a “black agenda” for the president, Politic365 reports. The coalition stated it will urge Mr. Obama to mention an urban jobs plan in his State of the Union speech on Feb. 12.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:43 pm 

Record 93,770,000 Americans Not in Labor Force

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:43 am 

If I told you in 2008 that Barack Obama would negotiate a deal that he acknowledges will fund terrorism, you’d have thought me a conspiracy theorist.

If I told you in 2008 that Barack Obama would negotiate a deal that he acknowledges will fund terrorism, you’d have thought me a conspiracy theorist.

If I told you in 2008 that Barack Obama would lecture Christians on the crusades and call a growing army of Islamic radicals “junior varsity,” you’d have thought me a conspiracy theorist.

If I told you in 2008 that Barack Obama would argue before the Supreme Court that there is no ministerial exception in the First Amendment, you’d have thought me a conspiracy theorist.

If I told you in 2008 that Barack Obama’s administration would suggest before the Supreme Court that they might take away the tax exempt status of churches and religious institutions that do not support gay marriage, you’d have thought me a conspiracy theorist.

If I told you in 2008 that Barack Obama would do nothing if Russia invaded Ukraine, you’d have thought me a conspiracy theorist.

If I told you in 2008 that Barack Obama’s administration would preside over the largest hack of personnel records and the families of American soldiers would have muslim men show up at their homes in the United States to intimidate them, you’d have thought me a conspiracy theorist.

If I told you in 2008 that Barack Obama would publicly release classified details about Israel’s nuclear capabilities, you’d have thought me a conspiracy theorist.

Well, here we are and all those things have happened.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:55 am 

Monthly average of US jobless claims falls to 15-year low
Quote:
WASHINGTON | The average for the past month fell to the lowest level in 15 years, a sign that few employers are cutting jobs.

Quote:
The figures indicate that six years after the Great Recession forced 8.5 million layoffs, Americans are enjoying solid job security.

http://www.nwitimes.com/business/jobs-and-employment/monthly-average-of-us-jobless-claims-falls-to--year/article_5ee52e8e-d857-543b-9cc9-fa17a2431bc3.html

...and who was the president during those six years??? Even though the rethuglicons conspired to ruin his presidency. Read on...

Quote:
On the night of Barack Obama’s inauguration, a group of top GOP luminaries quietly gathered in a Washington steakhouse.

Quote:
Among them were Senate power brokers Jim DeMint, Jon Kyl and Tom Coburn, and conservative congressmen Eric Cantor, Kevin McCarthy and Paul Ryan.

After three hours of strategizing, they decided they needed to fight Obama on everything. The new president had no idea what the Republicans were planning.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/government-elections-politics/inside-obamas-presidency/the-republicans-plan-for-the-new-president/

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:27 am 

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:23 pm 

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:34 pm 

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:54 pm 

...and pretty soon you will:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:32 pm 

POLL: 72% of Americans say country isn't as great as once was

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:57 pm 

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:11 pm 

$20 trillion man: National debt nearly doubles during Obama presidency

When President Obama signs into law the new two-year budget deal Monday, his action will bring into sharper focus a part of his legacy that he doesn’t like to talk about: He is the $20 trillion man.

Mr. Obama’s spending agreement with Congress will suspend the nation’s debt limit and allow the Treasury to borrow another $1.5 trillion or so by the end of his presidency in 2017. Added to the current total national debt of more than $18.15 trillion, the red ink will likely be crowding the $20 trillion mark right around the time Mr. Obama leaves the White House.

When Mr. Obama took over in January 2009, the total national debt stood at $10.6 trillion. That means the debt will have very nearly doubled during his eight years in office, and there is much more debt ahead with the abandonment of “sequestration” spending caps enacted in 2011.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:26 pm 

OBAMA: ISIS IS NOT GETTING 'STRONGER', WE HAVE 'CONTAINED' THEM
TALK ABOUT A SERIOUS CASE OF "OPEN MOUTH, INSERT FOOT"!!!

Quote:
Friday on ABC’s “Good Morning America,” President Barack Obama seemingly downplayed the threat of ISIS in an interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos that aired on Friday’s broadcast of “Good Morning America.”

Stephanopoulos asked Obama if ISIS was gaining in strength, to which Obama denied they were.

“I don’t think they’re gaining strength,” Obama responded. “What is true is that from the start, our goal has been first to contain and we have contained them. They have not gained ground in Iraq, and in Syria they’ll come in, they’ll leave, but you don’t see this systemic march by ISIL across the terrain.”

“What we have not yet been able to do is to completely decapitate their command and control structures,” he admitted. “We’ve made some progress in trying to reduce the flow of foreign fighters and part our goal has to be to recruit more effective Sunni partners in Iraq to really go on offense rather than simply engage in defense.”

So what do you think, he's either a massive liar, or incredibly stupid?

Yes?

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:57 am 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

Quote:
Friday on ABC’s “Good Morning America,” President Barack Obama seemingly downplayed the threat of ISIS in an interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos that aired on Friday’s broadcast of “Good Morning America.”

Stephanopoulos asked Obama if ISIS was gaining in strength, to which Obama denied they were.

“I don’t think they’re gaining strength,” Obama responded. “What is true is that from the start, our goal has been first to contain and we have contained them. They have not gained ground in Iraq, and in Syria they’ll come in, they’ll leave, but you don’t see this systemic march by ISIL across the terrain.”

“What we have not yet been able to do is to completely decapitate their command and control structures,” he admitted. “We’ve made some progress in trying to reduce the flow of foreign fighters and part our goal has to be to recruit more effective Sunni partners in Iraq to really go on offense rather than simply engage in defense.”

Yes?

Liar in Chief. I heard that pos say that we must not "speculate" on who is responsible for the multiple terror attacks.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:50 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

Quote:

Yes?

Their silence is deafening!

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:49 pm 

You can thank bush, cheney, and rumsfeld for ISIS, al qaeda, and the other middle eastern terrorists!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next