Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Obama drives USA over fiscal cliff
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:01 pm 

Harry Reid: “We Are Not Going To Do Anything” On Fiscal Cliff
Who's refusing to cooperate?
Who's being an obstructionist?
Horrible old SOB.

Quote:
Senate majority leader Harry Reid, a Democrat, made his “fiscal cliff” position clear in a press conference today. “We are not going to do anything,” said Reid.

Reid added, “We are not taking up anything they are working on over there.”

The top Democrat in the Senate was explaining his inaction on the House plan, the proposal put forward by Republican John Boehner, the speaker of the House of Representatives. Boehner’s plan is being referred to as ‘Plan B.’

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:03 pm 

Obama Threatens Boehner: I’ll Use Inaugural Address And State Of The Union Speech To Bash Republicans
Crapweasle!!
Quote:
Mr. Obama repeatedly lost patience with the speaker as negotiations faltered. In an Oval Office meeting last week, he told Mr. Boehner that if the sides didn’t reach agreement, he would use his inaugural address and his State of the Union speech to tell the country the Republicans were at fault.

At one point, according to notes taken by a participant, Mr. Boehner told the president, “I put $800 billion [in tax revenue] on the table. What do I get for that?”

“You get nothing,” the president said. “I get that for free.”

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:37 pm 

Hope And Change: Majority Of Americans Expect US To Slip Back Into Recession In 2013
And yet these are the same people who just re-elected Barack Obama.

Quote:
A majority of voters believe that a recession is likely next year regardless of whether lawmakers reach a last-minute deal to avoid the “fiscal cliff,” according to a new poll.

A full 70 percent of voters told the conservative-leaning pollster Rasmussen they expect a recession next year if Congress fails to stop the tax increases and spending cuts that are set to begin in January.

But even if lawmakers take action before the end of the year, 54 percent believe a recession is coming in 2013, with 26 percent rating that outcome “very likely.”

The Congressional Budget Office and other economic analysts have predicted that a plunge over the fiscal cliff would pull hundreds of billions from the economy and create a recession in the first half of 2013.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:08 pm 

Well let's see...the House Rethugs can't agree on anything so they conveniently dump it back to the Senate to come up with something that they will eventually vote against anyway...

*** GOP goes off the image cliff
Quote:
What’s more, asked to give a word or short phrase to describe the Republican Party, 65% offered a negative comment, including MORE THAN HALF of Republicans. The top responses: “Bad,” “weak,” “negative,” “uncompromising,” “need to work together,” “broken,” “disorganized” and “lost.”

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/13/15883979-first-thoughts-gop-goes-off-the-image-cliff?lite[url][/url]

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:13 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Hope And Change: Majority Of Americans Expect US To Slip Back Into Recession In 2013
And yet these are the same people who just re-elected Barack Obama.

...and many voted for the Grand Obstructionist Party in the house...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:21 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
...and many voted for the Grand Obstructionist Party in the house...

Huh!

Republicans who won't just go along with Barry raising taxes while refusing to cut spending...I'm pretty sure that is why people voted for them in the first place.

If they capitulate to Barry's demands, those that voted for them may not vote for them again.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:03 pm 

Graph: Fiscal Cliff Deal Vs. 2011 Budget Deficit
To put things in perspective.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:00 pm 

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:32 pm 

Fun Fact Of The Day: Workers Making $30K Will Take A Bigger Hit On Their Pay Than Those Earning $500K Under New Fiscal Deal
A whole lot of people are about to find out they’re one of the evil “rich” people Obama has been railing against.

Quote:
Middle-class workers will take a bigger hit to their income proportionately than those earning between $200,000 and $500,000 under the new fiscal cliff deal, according to the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center.

Earners in the latter group will pay an average 1.3 percent more – or an additional $2,711 – in taxes this year, while workers making between $30,000 and $200,000 will see their paychecks shrink by as much as 1.7 percent – or up to $1,784 – the D.C.-based think tank reported.

Overall, nearly 80 percent of households will pay more money to the federal government as a result of the fiscal cliff deal.

‘The economy needs a stimulus, but under the agreement, taxes will go up in 2013 relative to 2012 – not only on high-income households, as widely discussed, but also on every working man and woman in the country, via the end of the payroll tax cut,’ said William G. Gale, co-director of the Tax Policy Center.

‘For most households, the payroll tax takes a far bigger bite than the income tax does, and the payroll tax cut therefore – as [the Congressional Budget Office] and others have shown – was a more effective stimulus than income tax cuts were, because the payroll tax cuts hit lower in the income distribution and hence were more likely to be spent,’ he added.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:46 am 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Workers Making $30K Will Take A Bigger Hit On Their Pay Than Those Earning $500K Under New Fiscal Deal

Those are the payroll taxes that were lowered by bush2...and how did that work out for the economy...They are back to where they were pre-bush...That will help the continuation of Social Security...These comment about the fiscal cliff came out of today's times from Brian Howey (a conservative)...In this instance his thinking is 100% correct:
Quote:
But pre-cliff taxation levels haven't been so low since the Korean War. The reality is the Bush tax cuts didn't create a motherlode of jobs and were never paid for, while the Republican-supported Iraq and Afghan wars and the Medicare prescription drug plan have created our trillion-dollar deficits.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:52 pm 

Mo now concedes that payroll taxes were lowered by Bush. Payroll taxes, the kind that have an immediate and disproportionate impact on lower and middle income earners. Bush tax cuts were only to the rich libs lied. So it is for the rest of the income taxes. Progressives howled that "those least able to afford" the looming automatic fiscal cliff tax hikes, were at risk if a deal wasn't agreed to. So it turns out that the Bush income tax cuts did benefit everyone who earned any income at all. Anyone honest knew that all along. How did payroll tax lowing work out for the economy? Well, it added about 1% to GDP growth. Count on 1% being slice from GDP now that disposable income will ebb lower. Social Security will only be saved by a restructuring of payouts, not ever higher FICA taxes. Finally, Brian Howey a conservative? I don't know the guy, and maybe mo means conservationist, but I've read enough of his opinions to know that he is no more a conservative than he is a ficus. A conservative would not use the language of the left like "tax cuts need to be paid for". It's a nagging and dishonest conditioning of the public, when the idea that taxing income at a lower rate than some arbitrary percentage, has to be "paid for" by government.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:10 pm 

Dem Rep. Danny Davis: Obama Should Unilaterally Raise Debt Ceiling Like Lincoln Freed The Slaves
It won’t be long before they start calling the debt ceiling “racist.”

Quote:
WASHINGTON — Democratic Illinois Rep. Danny K. Davis told The Daily Caller that President Obama should have the power to raise the nation’s debt ceiling without congressional approval, citing the example of President Abraham Lincoln issuing the Emancipation Proclamation as a good use of presidential authority.

“Sometimes when we’ve gotten great answers is when presidents have had enough authority to take some actions,” Davis told TheDC on Capitol Hill Friday. “I mean, remember that we just celebrate the 150th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation, and if Abraham Lincoln had not had the power, authority and the will to make that decision, we may have gone on with the war that was going to last several additional years and much longer, and thousands and thousands of people could have and would have, in all probability, lost their lives.”

“So, I think that we should have enough faith and confidence in the president and the president ought to have the authority to make that decision without Congress placing limits or determinates or determinations, and so yes, I think the president should have the ability to make that decision.”

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:32 pm 

Obama supporters shocked, angry at new tax increases
It's the only way progressives learn
Let it burn
Let it burn
Let it burn

Hey Princess Sparkles...how much did YOUR check go down?

Heh heh.

Quote:
Sometimes, watching a Democrat learn something is wonderful, like seeing the family dog finally sit and stay at your command.

With President Obama back in office and his life-saving “fiscal cliff” bill jammed through Congress, the new year has brought a surprising turn of events for his sycophantic supporters.

“What happened that my Social Security withholding’s in my paycheck just went up?” a poster wrote on the liberal site DemocraticUnderground.com. “My paycheck just went down by an amount that I don’t feel comfortable with. I guarantee this decrease is gonna’ hurt me more than the increase in income taxes will hurt those making over 400 grand. What happened?”

Shocker. Democrats who supported the president’s re-election just had NO idea that his steadfast pledge to raise taxes meant that he was really going to raise taxes. They thought he planned to just hit those filthy “1 percenters,” you know, the ones who earned fortunes through their inventiveness and hard work. They thought the free ride would continue forever.

So this week, as taxes went up for millions of Americans — which Republicans predicted throughout the campaign would happen — it was fun to watch the agoggery of the left.

“I know to expect between $93 and $94 less in my paycheck on the 15th,” wrote the ironically named “RomneyLies.”

“My boyfriend has had a lot of expenses and is feeling squeezed right now, and having his paycheck shrink really didn’t help,” wrote “DemocratToTheEnd.”

“BlueIndyBlue” added: “Many of my friends didn’t realize it, either. Our payroll department didn’t do a good job of explaining the coming changes.”

So let’s explain something to our ill-informed Democratic friends. In 2009, Mr. Obama enacted a “holiday” on the payroll tax deduction from employees’ paychecks, dropping the rate from 6.2 percent to 4.2 percent. But like the holidays, the drop ended, and like New Year‘s, the revelers woke up the next morning with a massive hangover and a pounding head.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:04 am 

lubu wrote:
So it turns out that the Bush income tax cuts did benefit everyone who earned any income at all.

Please re-read this quote from a fellow rethuglicon:
Quote:
But pre-cliff taxation levels haven't been so low since the Korean War. The reality is the Bush tax cuts didn't create a motherlode of jobs and were never paid for, while the Republican-supported Iraq and Afghan wars and the Medicare prescription drug plan have created our trillion-dollar deficits.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:51 pm 

Obama Admin Funds $100,000 Video Game Featuring Female “Superhero” Who Fights Global Warming
Mind-numbing, isn’t it?

Quote:
A new video game featuring a black alien female superhero delivered to Earth to fight global warming is about to hit the market thanks to a $100,000 grant from the Obama administration.

The National Endowment for the Arts is funding the Spelman College of Atlanta, Ga.’s multi-episode game called “HERadventure.” In the grant announcement made last year, the NEA said the story “focuses on a young female superhero sent to Earth to save her own planet from devastation because of climate changes caused by social issues impacting women and girls.”

The game is set to debut on March 8 on International Women’s Day.

The college’s digital newspaper described the project this way: “What would happen if the societal issues affecting women put other planets at risk? Well, of course, HER, a black female superhero, would swoop in with a plan to save the universe. HER is central toHERadventure, a science fiction-based, multimedia platform project that interweaves virtual worlds, digital and social media to create a gaming and storytelling experience. HERadventure not only entertains but tackles social issues that permeate the daily reality of many women.”

P.J. O'Rourke

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next