Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Revoltin' Rethuglicons
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:08 pm 

Dick Cheney: 'It's my new heart, not someone else's old heart'
Quote:
Former Vice President Dick Cheney says he is thankful for his new heart, but doesn't spend much time thinking about the person who donated the vital organ to him.

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:01 pm 

Pence open to boosting county income taxes to pay for business tax cut
Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS | Gov. Mike Pence refused to rule out county income tax hikes as a replacement for the more than $1 billion Indiana schools and local governments stand to lose if he succeeds in eliminating the business personal property tax.

Quote:
Lake County residents then would be paying a combined state and local income tax rate of 6.4 percent, well above Illinois' 5 percent income tax rate that's set to drop to 3.75 percent in 2015.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/pence-open-to-boosting-county-income-taxes-to-pay-for/article_fb76ff95-7334-5503-b7e3-24f7c67817f9.html

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:02 pm 

GOP constituents also depend on jobless aid
To cut off jobless aid is to pinch GOP constituents in pockets of conservatism

Quote:
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) -- When federal emergency unemployment benefits expired last month, the effects ran deep in a Colorado county marked by two exit ramps off Interstate 25 — one leading to the conservative religious group Focus on the Family, the other to the Fort Carson Army post.

http://news.yahoo.com/gop-constituents-depend-jobless-aid-082707605.html

...aahhh those compassionate conservatives...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:48 pm 

Senate candidate under fire for posting grisly images to Facebook
Quote:
Dr. Milton Wolf, a U.S. Republican Senate candidate from Kansas, is under fire for posting to his Facebook page a collection of grisly "X-ray images of gunshot fatalities and medical injuries" he acquired as a radiologist and making "macabre jokes" about them online, the Topeka Capital Journal reports.

Well of course...
Quote:
Wolf, a tea party activist...

https://news.yahoo.com/milton-wolf-x-ray-images-facebook-obama-205752344.html

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:39 pm 

Excellent article:
Quote:
The business section article on UGN choosing Ohio over Indiana sheds light on what businesses think of Indiana's business climate as opposed to what our state leadership is telling us.

Drink the Kool-Aid and believe everything we tell you. Right to work is working. Businesses need lower taxes.

The facts are the facts. Ohio, four times more job creation. Illinois, Michigan and Kentucky, three times more. What our governor and Legislature are doing is not working. It's time for a change!

Indiana is hostile toward workers, and business sees it. Our school systems, cities and towns are on the brink of bankruptcy. Unemployed workers can't even depend on unemployment insurance benefits being there. Our highways and bridges are crumbling, no more school lunches for poor children and astronomical number of uninsured.

Where do we go from here? How about a constitutional ban on gay marriage? Get real!

- Dean Harmon, Michigan City
March 26, 2014 12:00 am

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:45 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Excellent article:]

Um...it is NOT an article, it is a letter from the mailbag from some POS LC "Pull 10" voter...Like your self.

But of course you knew that which is why you did NOT link to the actual source material.

Yes?

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:24 pm 

Another gift that keeps on giving ala 'ol mitch...

Reports: Indiana Toll Road again facing debt problems
Quote:
The Wall Street Journal is reporting the Indiana Toll Road is again facing pressure from bondholders, with its controlling partners facing a possible debt restructuring, perhaps in Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

http://www.nwitimes.com/business/local/reports-indiana-toll-road-again-facing-debt-problems/article_975bf7dc-ddc8-56f1-a184-0c3187fb31fc.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:50 pm 

Well this is what you get when the Revlotin' Rethuglicons run things for years...

Study finds Hoosiers paying more in taxes
Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS | A national study found that Indiana residents have paid an increasing percentage of their income on state and local taxes at the same time their average income was shrinking.

The study by the conservative Tax Foundation think tank found Indiana taxpayers shelled out 9.5 percent of their incomes in state and local taxes in 2011. That's up from 8.4 percent a decade earlier, The Indianapolis Star reported.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/state-and-regional/indiana/study-finds-hoosiers-paying-more-in-taxes/article_e53354c3-6a3f-5f85-b39d-be4f040cdf36.html

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:23 pm 

Missouri mayor says he 'kind of' agrees with beliefs of alleged Kansas shooter
Quote:
"He was always nice and friendly and respectful of elder people," Clevenger told KSPR, an ABC affiliate. "He respected his elders greatly, as long as they were the same color as him. Very fair and honest and never had a bit of problems out of him." Clevenger later added that he "kind of agreed with him on some things, but I don't like to express that too much." Clevenger defended Miller in the Aurora Advertiser newspaper, writing, "I am a friend of Frazier Miller helping to spread his warnings. The Jew-run medical industry has succeeded in destroying the United States workforce." The letter continued for several paragraphs, and included more digs against the "Jew-run government-backed banking industry."

Quote:
Clevenger isn't straying too far from that message today, telling KSPR, "There are some things that are going on in this country that are destroying us. We've got a false economy and it's — some of those corporations are run by Jews because the names are there."

http://theweek.com/article/index/260097/speedreads-missouri-mayor-says-he-kind-of-agrees-with-beliefs-of-alleged-kansas-shooter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:18 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Missouri mayor says he 'kind of' agrees with beliefs of alleged Kansas shooter
Quote:
"He was always nice and friendly and respectful of elder people," Clevenger told KSPR, an ABC affiliate. "He respected his elders greatly, as long as they were the same color as him. Very fair and honest and never had a bit of problems out of him." Clevenger later added that he "kind of agreed with him on some things, but I don't like to express that too much." Clevenger defended Miller in the Aurora Advertiser newspaper, writing, "I am a friend of Frazier Miller helping to spread his warnings. The Jew-run medical industry has succeeded in destroying the United States workforce." The letter continued for several paragraphs, and included more digs against the "Jew-run government-backed banking industry."

Quote:
Clevenger isn't straying too far from that message today, telling KSPR, "There are some things that are going on in this country that are destroying us. We've got a false economy and it's — some of those corporations are run by Jews because the names are there."

http://theweek.com/article/index/260097/speedreads-missouri-mayor-says-he-kind-of-agrees-with-beliefs-of-alleged-kansas-shooter

Jesse Jackson's 'Hymietown'
Feeding Frenzy Rev. Jesse Jackson referred to Jews as "Hymies" and to New York City as "Hymietown" in January 1984 during a conversation with a black Washington Post reporter, Milton Coleman. Jackson had assumed the references would not be printed because of his racial bond with Coleman, but several weeks later Coleman permitted the slurs to be included far down in an article by another Post reporter on Jackson's rocky relations with American Jews.

A storm of protest erupted, and Jackson at first denied the remarks, then accused Jews of conspiring to defeat him. The Nation of Islam's radical leader Louis Farrakhan, an aggressive anti-Semite and old Jackson ally, made a difficult situation worse by threatening Coleman in a radio broadcast and issuing a public warning to Jews, made in Jackson's presence: "If you harm this brother [Jackson], it will be the last one you harm."

Finally, Jackson doused the fires in late February with an emotional speech admitting guilt and seeking atonement before national Jewish leaders in a Manchester, New Hampshire synagogue. Yet Jackson refused to denounce Farrakhan, and lingering, deeply rooted suspicions have led to an enduring split between Jackson and many Jews. The frenzy also heightened tensions between Jackson and the mostly white establishment press.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 2:55 pm 

Eric Cantor Booed, Heckled By Tea Partiers In His Home District

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/11/eric-cantor-heckled_n_5305330.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

OUCH!!

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:11 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
[url]http://www.huffingtonpost.com

Biased Source Material

chuckmo48 wrote:
OUCH!!

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:14 pm 

Marco Rubio’s 'pot' hole
Quote:
Why won’t Sen. Marco Rubio say whether he’s ever smoked pot?
The Florida Republican, who maintains a strict stance against the legalization of marijuana, refuses to answer whether he’s ever personally smoked it.

Quote:
Rubio explained that his decision not to answer the question goes back to an encounter he had after publishing his memoir, “American Son.” In the book, Rubio reveals that he was not a disciplined student in his youth and had a 2.1 GPA in high school.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/power-players-abc-news/marco-rubio-s-pot-hole-213151018.html

The transparency already starts...and a real sharp tack also!!

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:01 pm 

The 10 Dumbest States in America
Quote:
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- When writing an article ranking the "smartest" and "dumbest" states in the Union it is important to explain your methodology. This list is based on the level of education a certain percentage of the residents of each state achieves.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/12712489/1/the-10-dumbest-states-in-america.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

...and 9 out of the 10 are run by republican majorities... How shocking /sarcasm/. Indiana is the 8th dumbest...actually higher than I would have thought!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:14 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
The 10 Dumbest States in America
Quote:
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- When writing an article ranking the "smartest" and "dumbest" states in the Union it is important to explain your methodology. This list is based on the level of education a certain percentage of the residents of each state achieves.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/12712489/1/the-10-dumbest-states-in-america.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

...and 9 out of the 10 are run by republican majorities... How shocking /sarcasm/. Indiana is the 8th dumbest...actually higher than I would have thought!

Who are you trying to fool?

Undereducated does NOT make people murdering violent sociopaths.

That all takes places in your liberal Democrat progressive strongholds.

Right?

Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore.

You must think that everyone is as ignorant of the facts as You ARE.

P.J. O'Rourke

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next