Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Revoltin' Rethuglicons
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:25 pm 

Senate Republicans publicly repudiate Bob Dole
Quote:
Just look what they did to Bob Dole yesterday.

Quote:
As one who triumphed over his own war injuries, Bob Dole has long championed the rights of the disabled. Yesterday, fresh out of Walter Reed Hospital, he came to the Senate in his wheelchair to seek the support of his fellow Republicans for the United Nations Disabilities Treaty — which would not make any changes to American law, but merely encourage other nations to grant disabled persons the same opportunities they enjoy here in the United States.

Quote:
Only eight Republicans joined all Senate Democrats in voting for the treaty, even though it’s already been endorsed by 155 other nations.

By the way, he was the leader of the GOP for many years...They never gave him a chance to speak...probably the last time he would be at the capital...I'm sure the hypocrites will go on and on about him after he passes...

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

Post subject: Re: Revoltin' Rethuglicons
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:53 am 

State education board rejects incoming superintendent's plea to delay teacher licensing change

Quote:
The Indiana State Board of Education had its first chance to choose between the advice of outgoing State Superintendent of Public Instruction Tony Bennett and his soon-to-be successor Glenda Ritz Wednesday.

Over Ritz’s objections, they sided with Bennett.

Yep thanks to the lame-duck bennett (and mitch's appointees) there now can be unlicensed teachers in the classroom...Going against the voters wishes...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:32 pm 

Debt ceiling debate twist: Sen. Mitch McConnell filibusters himself
Quote:
Yes, the debt ceiling will be making a comeback no later than early 2013, and senators decided to talk about it Thursday.

Quote:
And also not surprisingly, perhaps, it went nowhere, concluding with the somewhat comical scene of Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell (R) of Kentucky filibustering his own proposal.

http://news.yahoo.com/debt-ceiling-debate-twist-sen-mitch-mcconnell-filibusters-233346015.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:35 pm 

I must say this sounds actually like a good idea...It would be more of a consumer based tax....
Quote:
In Louisiana, Gov. Bobby Jindal is pushing to repeal the state's personal and corporate income taxes and make up the lost revenue through higher sales taxes.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100407942

I would like to hear more about him...because today he told the repubs this:
Quote:
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal tells GOP: ‘Stop being the stupid party.’

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/gov-bobby-jindal-gop-stop-stupid-party-article-1.1247645#ixzz2J1e2KYfo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:24 pm 

WTF...I thought the rethuglicans were against taxes and large government (the nanny state):
Quote:
An Indiana House committee overwhelmingly approved a bill Thursday to require Amazon.com and other online-only retailers to start collecting Indiana's 7 percent sales tax this summer, six months earlier than planned under a deal brokered by former Gov. Mitch Daniels.

http://www.ibj.com/indiana-house-panel-backs-online-sales-tax-collection/PARAMS/article/39172

Thanks my man BITCH!
...and in other news where conservative hypocrisy is rampant...

Arizona Bills Require Constitution Loyalty Oath, Pledge Of Allegiance By Public School Students

Do they have to wear brown shirts too???

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/28/arizona-bills-require-con_n_2568131.html

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:51 am 

Speedway tax giveaway zooms through Senate
Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS | Gentlemen, start your bailout.
The Indiana Senate voted 37-12 on Tuesday to wave the green flag on a plan to transfer up to $100 million in state tax revenue over the next 20 years to the privately owned Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

The rethugs downstate are no different from the Lake County Government that you are always complaining about...but gee no outrage here right? Can't replace a bridge here unless it is a toll bridge...Taking more revenue from the boats from here and transferring downstate..but that's OK isn't it?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:21 pm 

GOP governors take a pragmatic turn
Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — Many Republican governors who worked to thwart much of President Barack Obama's first-term agenda are shifting gears and softening their rhetoric now that his run was extended for four more years and they're facing their own re-election

Quote:
These state leaders are offering greater cooperation on health care and skipping the tough talk on immigration.

http://news.yahoo.com/gop-governors-pragmatic-turn-173641069.html

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:08 am 

Penny-Wise...Dollar Foolish....

House approves drug testing for some welfare recipients
Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS | The Republican-controlled Indiana House voted 78-17 Monday to spend $2.7 million next year on a drug testing program for some welfare recipients that may save the state $1.5 million in denied benefits.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/house-approves-drug-testing-for-some-welfare-recipients/article_b1add97e-8bdc-5428-b75b-1f54c2285171.html

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:38 am 

Senate budget includes income tax cut but less than Pence wants
Quote:
Pence proposed only a $137 million increase for education.

Quote:
However, counties would be required to impose an excise surtax and a wheel tax in order to obtain the extra local transportation funds. Neither Lake County nor Porter County currently collect an excise surtax or wheel tax.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/senate-budget-includes-income-tax-cut-but-less-than-pence/article_89ad09c0-eb4f-5d64-9d0f-fc5937065b9e.html

So this rethuglicon state will give us an: EXCISE SURTAX, WHEEL TAX, AND A COUNTY INCOME TAX!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:12 am 

Rand Paul’s rewriting of his own remarks on the Civil Rights Act

In 2010...
Quote:
"I don't like the idea of telling private business owners — I abhor racism. I think it’s a bad business decision to exclude anybody from your restaurant — but, at the same time, I do believe in private ownership

In 2013...
Quote:
"It's a mischaracterization of my position. I've never been against the Civil Rights Act, ever, and I continue to be for the Civil Rights Act as well as the Voting Rights Act.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/rand-pauls-rewriting-of-his-own-remarks-on-the-civil-rights-act/2013/04/10/5b8d91c4-a235-11e2-82bc-511538ae90a4_blog.html?wprss=rss_national#

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:47 pm 

Pence signs 'jobs bills' that create no jobs
Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS | Republican Gov. Mike Pence on Monday signed two "jobs bills" that create zero jobs for the 276,500 Hoosiers currently looking for work.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/pence-signs-jobs-bills-that-create-no-jobs/article_6659080b-1589-5db6-a0af-cecf4b53f6e3.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:03 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Pence signs 'jobs bills' that create no jobs
Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS | Republican Gov. Mike Pence on Monday signed two "jobs bills" that create zero jobs for the 276,500 Hoosiers currently looking for work.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/pence-signs-jobs-bills-that-create-no-jobs/article_6659080b-1589-5db6-a0af-cecf4b53f6e3.html

Did he spend over a trillion dollars to do it and cause actual job losses to do it, like Barry did?

Or have you been ignoring the OBAMA JOBS thread all these past years?

I'm betting that it is the latter.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:28 pm 

Manhunt: Tweet Apology From Ark. Lawmaker After Criticism
Quote:
On Friday morning, Republican Rep. Nate Bell posted on Twitter: “I wonder how many Boston liberals spent the night cowering in their homes wishing they had an AR-15 with a hi-capacity magazine?”

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/19844-manhunt-tweet-apology-from-ark-lawmaker-after-criticism/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:33 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Manhunt: Tweet Apology From Ark. Lawmaker After Criticism
Quote:
On Friday morning, Republican Rep. Nate Bell posted on Twitter: “I wonder how many Boston liberals spent the night cowering in their homes wishing they had an AR-15 with a hi-capacity magazine?”

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/19844-manhunt-tweet-apology-from-ark-lawmaker-after-criticism/

Anyone can tell that you know your argument is so weak that you are afraid to put it into context.
Quote:
“I don’t regret the content as much as I regret the timing,” Bell, R-Mena, told The Associated Press. “I really didn’t think about it going to Boston and was generally expressing my personal view of how I would have felt in that situation myself.”

In the interview and in a prepared statement he sent out, Bell said that he was expressing his views on gun rights and regretted sending it while the manhunt was still unfolding.

“I was basically just expressing my frustration, I guess, if I had been a person who was living there last night and my elected officials had prevented me from being able to defend myself and my family,” Bell told the AP. “I would have felt pretty powerless and wanted to express that.”

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:42 pm 

Unemployment rate, Indiana 8.7% of the labor force - Seasonally Adjusted - Mar 2013

http://www.google.com/publicdata

US unemployment rate:
Quote:
The Labor Department said 165,000 new jobs were created in April. The unemployment rate fell to 7.5 percent - its lowest level in more than four years. The numbers beat many economists' expectations.

http://www.voanews.com/content/us-unemployment-rate-drops-to-75/1653775.html

Yep...all those great economic ideas those repub rubes have been passing sure have worked...Just read the next article:

Quote:
Indiana took in $1.93 billion in April. That's $71.3 million more than projected by the state's revenue forecast and 4.4 percent more than last April.

Quote:
Personal income tax payments, as usual following the April 15 filing deadline, led all revenue categories with $967.7 million, or 11 percent more than last year

...and now a rethuglicons dream:
Quote:
On the other hand, corporate income taxes paid last month were $199.8 million. That's a 5.4 percent dip compared with April 2012.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/april-state-revenue-tops-prior-year-s-total/article_61c7b91b-4640-53f3-968a-3e3b6362bed7.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next