Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Revoltin' Rethuglicons
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:45 pm 

Right to work for less is really working out well:

Indiana reduces tax revenue growth projections
Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS | Indiana will collect an estimated $213 million less in new tax revenue over the next two years than initially projected in December.

Quote:
The state's projected economic growth primarily due to sloth-like increases in hiring and wages.

Quote:
While unemployment is down, she noted the jobs being created pay less than the jobs Hoosier workers used to have, causing Indiana to lag the rest of the nation in economic growth.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/indiana-reduces-tax-revenue-growth-projections/article_7b20a04b-b7c6-5a81-80d2-05b6068923ba.html

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:18 pm 

...and another break the for the haves that all of us will have to make up by paying more taxes...Gee arc, aren't you tired paying more taxes to help out your rethuglicons downstate?

Quote:
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – For-profit hospitals across the state could soon save millions if a revised House budget bill passes. A section of the bill allows those 12 hospitals across the state – five of which are within Lutheran Health Network – to start paying 50 percent less in property taxes starting in 2017.

Quote:
Statewide though, the cut will cost an estimated $4 million in property tax cuts.

http://wane.com/2015/04/16/revised-budget-bill-would-give-for-profit-hospitals-a-tax-break/

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:29 pm 

What a joke...the rethuglicons in this state have made us a laughing stock and now costing us 2 million dollars paid to an out of state business to try to fix the mess they put us in. Also, how much tourism money has the state lost due to those buffoons?

An ‘Honest to Goodness’ problem
Tourism slogan could be victim of religious objections legislation

Quote:
A New York public relations firm is expected to look at the “Honest to Goodness Indiana” slogan as part of a $2 million review of the impact of the law signed by Gov. Mike Pence in March. Many companies canceled travel to Indiana amid concerns that the law was anti-gay

Quote:
“We have a lot of meeting and tour planners telling us that now is just not the time to announce you’re coming to Indiana. The bookings are drying up, and that could cause a big issue in three to five years,” Lambert said.

http://eeditionpt.chicagotribune.com/Olive/ODE/PostTribune/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:30 pm 

Add this to the list of failures that the rethuglicons have dumped on this state. First the toll road fiasco, yesterday the news that the state's growth was less than Illinois, and now today:

Hoosier Lottery rewrites privatization deal following income shortfalls
Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS | The Hoosier Lottery privatization scheme that was supposed to pay off big for cash-strapped Indiana communities and the pension funds of retired police, firefighters and teachers never will hit its revenue targets, officials revealed Friday.

But instead of cancelling the 15-year deal and returning lottery marketing and operations to state control, the Pence administration has secretly negotiated contract revisions with GTECH Indiana that sharply reduce income goals

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/hoosier-lottery-rewrites-privatization-deal-following-income-shortfalls/article_40ccc834-5f45-529c-bacf-fd02db575cb8.html

Another back room deal pence has made! What a total d*****'!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:41 am 

Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues
Quote:
A new study of university students in Italy revealed that people who have strongly negative views of gay people also have higher levels of psychoticism and inappropriate coping mechanisms than those who are accepting of homosexuality.

http://news.yahoo.com/homophobic-people-often-psychological-issues-121032115.html

Hmmm...explains a lot 'ol archie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:45 pm 

Republican Anti-Gay ‘Family Values’ Hypocrite Caught Cheating On Wife In Sex Tape Scandal, Steps Down
Quote:
On Tuesday, State House Majority Leader Rep. Jud McMillin (R) – the second-highest ranked official in the Indiana House of Representatives – mysteriously resigned.

Quote:
McMillin has stepped away from a job because of something sex-related before. In 2005, he resigned as an assistant prosecutor in Montgomery County, Ohio after he entered a relationship with the victim of a domestic violence case he was litigating.

http://www.occupydemocrats.com/republican-anti-gay-family-values-hypocrite-caught-cheating-on-wife-in-sex-tape-scandal-steps-down/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:01 pm 

Idiots

Second House Republican Admits Benghazi Investigation Is A Plot To Get Hillary Clinton

"Kevin McCarthy basically blew himself up with that comment over the Benghazi committee. You know, sometimes the biggest sin you can commit in DC is to tell the truth. This may not be politically correct, but I think that there was a big part of this investigation that was designed to go after people, an individual, Hillary Clinton."

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/10/14/ ... inton.html

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:52 pm 

Republicans Taking Longer To Investigate Benghazi Than It Took To Investigate 9-11
Quote:
On September 11, 2001, the United States experienced the worst act of terrorism ever to occur on American soil. Nearly 3,000 American citizens were killed on that day. It took the 9-11 commission just 19 months to investigate the worst terrorist attack to ever take place in the history of our country. The GOP investigation into the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi has stretched out for nearly 18 months, and it shows no signs of stopping

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/10/19/republicans-taking-longer-to-itnvestigate-benghazi-than-it-took-o-investigate-9-11/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:56 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Republicans Taking Longer To Investigate Benghazi Than It Took To Investigate 9-11 ]

No one was trying to obstruct the 9/11 investigation you idiot

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:57 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
Republicans Taking Longer To Investigate Benghazi Than It Took To Investigate 9-11 ]

No one was trying to obstruct the 9/11 investigation you idiot

LOL, no one except Bush and Cheney, they refused to testify under oath.
Here ya go stupid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiX71WIpsK0

Oh but wait, there's more!

9/11 Commission: Opposition and Obfuscation

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues ... fuscation/

It gets better!

Flashback: Rove Erases 22 Million White House Emails on Private Server at Height of U.S. Attorney Scandal – Media Yawns
http://www.pensitoreview.com/2015/03/18 ... dia-yawns/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:08 am 

Even the Chamber of Commerce has problems with the rethuglicons in Indiana

Chamber of Commerce agenda may make GOPers uncomfortable
Quote:
The Indiana Chamber of Commerce called on lawmakers to pass full civil rights protections for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender Hoosiers; consider raising taxes to fund infrastructure improvements; and immediately make preschool available to all 4-year-olds in the state.

Shortly after chamber Vice President Cam Carter revealed the chamber's agenda at an Indianapolis luncheon, Senate President David Long, R-Fort Wayne, and House Speaker Brian Bosma, R-Indianapolis, suggested none of those proposals is likely to become law.

http://www.nwitimes.com/business/jobs-and-employment/chamber-of-commerce-agenda-may-make-gopers-uncomfortable/article_b0fa7a8a-4d85-557c-a57c-b03ab910ac96.html

That's really telling that a conservative organization thinks the current crop of rethugs in Indiana are on the wrong side of history...again

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:26 am 

Well...Well...Well... Just read an article in The times. The rethugs in Indiana want to raise the tax on gasoline. They are calling it "Revenue Enhancements." I have not heard any outcry from any of their fellow rethugs about "another tax" or the "tax and spend" watchdogs. Interesting isn't it? Also Ed Soliday (R) from Valpo also wants to institute a "wheel tax" to any citizen that lives in a city with more that 25,000 residents...aka a car sticker. That would affect tiger and possibly arclight. No outrage? Hypocrisy at its' finest!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:50 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Well...Well...Well... Just read an article in The times. The rethugs in Indiana want to raise the tax on gasoline. They are calling it "Revenue Enhancements." I have not heard any outcry from any of their fellow rethugs about "another tax" or the "tax and spend" watchdogs. Interesting isn't it? Also Ed Soliday (R) from Valpo also wants to institute a "wheel tax" to any citizen that lives in a city with more that 25,000 residents...aka a car sticker. That would affect tiger and possibly arclight. No outrage? Hypocrisy at its' finest!!

We do not need more taxes, and I will oppose any measure by any politician to do so.
As for the wheel tax, the Lake County Democrats tried this a few years ago, and it was defeated.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:56 pm 

Okay hypocrites...start complaining!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:26 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Okay hypocrites...start complaining!

Mrs. Trump is NOT the President.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next