Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Republicans for gun control.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:21 am 

Which Republican in Congress will have the courage to stand up to the NRA and start discussing what kind of laws we can pass to stop the gun violence sweeping through the nation?

Post subject: Re: Republicans for gun control.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:58 am 

sparks wrote:
Which Republican in Congress will have the courage to stand up to the NRA and start discussing what kind of laws we can pass to stop the gun violence sweeping through the nation?

Not a one...What you will get is a call from the NRA types is that we should even arm ourselves even more...you know having teachers walk around with a gun strapped to themselves...I really do not understand this nation's fascination with guns...We are approaching to have as many guns out there than the total population...Out of the 20 worse massacres in the world 11 of them have taken place in this country..

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:37 pm 

How very racist and elitist! Those young, brown liberals you hold in such high esteem rape, shoot, and kill each other every single day....when they aren't beating and raping real estate agents in your own hometown. I think either the Times or the Post-Tribune had a story about a shooting or a killing in NWI every day this past week but it takes a mass murder in a white school located in one of the country's wealthiest states to get your attention.

Is this the same Sparks Hein who used to boast about his gun collection and tried to play tough guy by inviting people to join him at Deb's Guns so he could try to intimidate them with his Kel-Tec and his re-blued Mossberg? You need to get a leash around the primitives in Hammond/Gary/East Chicago/Whiting as well as the machine gun running cops in your county police force. After that, the people of Connecticut might find a way to use a dimwitted Midwestern union slug.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:58 am 

LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:
How very racist and elitist! Those young, brown liberals

Quote:
Since 1982, 61 mass murders involving firearms have occurred throughout the country. Of these, 43 of the killers were white males.

Maybe your white upper class rethuglicon elitists better get a grip on themselves...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:03 am 

So 2/3 of mass murderers are White males? Blacks comprise about 13% of the U.S. population and Latinos make up about 17% of same. That comes out to 30% which is darn close to 1/3. It seems minorities are holding up their end of the mass murder equation quite nicely. I will need the insights of both you and Sparks Hein as to why these stories are splashed all over the news when Whites commit the crimes but when the brothas and the cholos try their hands at it the stories are non-starters.

I know that the above is pretty rough in terms of mathematical and sociological rigor, but I guess I am not as impressed by your supposed sensationalism as you are. Add to that the fact that while minorities have some work to do if they hope to steal the mass murderer crown away from White males, they rape, kill, shoot, and murder each other at rates all out of proportion to their population percentages. Where are you and Sparks Hein when there is a rape, beating, shooting, or murder almost every day of the week in the wasteland north of 80/94? C'est la vie for "those people", right?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:16 pm 

LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:
So 2/3 of mass murderers are White males?

That's right...so NBD to you...With your thinking they are only killing other whites...so NBFD...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:09 pm 

News from Ceder-Tucky (A rethuglicon stronghold)...
Quote:
On Friday morning, while the horror at at Sandy Hook elementary was unfolding, Von I. Meyer, a 60-year-old man in Cedar Lake, Indiana, was arrested after he threatened to set his wife on fire and enter a nearby elementary school to "kill as many people as he could." After searching Meyer's home, police found 47 weapons and a stockpile of ammunition worth over $100,000.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:48 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
That's right...so NBD to you...With your thinking they are only killing other whites...so NBFD...

Huh? What is that goobledygook supposed to mean? I thought you had a master's degree but you write like a mill rat. Was the fact that (according to whatever lame website you visited) that since Whites make up about 2/3 of the U.S. population that it is supposed to be shocking that 2/3 of mass murderers are White? That is like the Black folks who smugly claim that there are more Whites on welfare than Blacks. What they always fail to grasp is that there are simply more White people. Percentage-wise, minorities are wildly over-represented on welfare roles and in prisons.

As for the guy from Cedar Lake: about a year ago, weren't guys like you and Sparks Hein all spun up about some Hammond (surprise!) White supremacist groups with ties to a Michigan militia? These guys were supposedly highly dangerous backwoodsman who threatened the police and had to be locked up with all due haste? I think it turned out there was little or nothing to the story and they were quietly released. In the meantime, while cops and newspeople were devoting all of their energies to that story, the primitives north of 80/94 continued to beat, rape, shoot, and kill each other with their usual feral ferocity, but that didn't raise an eyebrow with either you, the newspapers, or Sparks Hein. Further, if the guy from Cedar Lake was a Lake County Democratic elected official, party sycophants would be writing in that he was a great guy, a wonderful family man, and that he should be presumed innocent until proven guilty.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:39 pm 

I think we should look in an entire different direction. Lets start with those pill pushing teachers. :wink:

http://www.ssristories.com/index.php

:smt006

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:43 pm 

comedian wrote:
I think we should look in an entire different direction. Lets start with those pill pushing teachers.

Like these...
Connecticut Shooting: Hero Teachers Died Saving Students
Quote:
Victoria Soto, 27, a first-grade teacher at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., ushered her students into a closet, and in so doing placed her body between them and the assailant.

Quote:
They were acting as the first line of protection and paid heavily for it. Only Hammond returned from the hallway alive -- but not unscathed.
Along with Hochsprung, 47, and Sherlach, 56, four teachers perished.

These female educators had more balls than you will ever have...I'm sure you would have had a big wet spot on your pants with your thumb in your mouth huddled and rocking in the corner of a room...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:36 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
comedian wrote:
I think we should look in an entire different direction. Lets start with those pill pushing teachers.

Like these...
Connecticut Shooting: Hero Teachers Died Saving Students
Quote:
Victoria Soto, 27, a first-grade teacher at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., ushered her students into a closet, and in so doing placed her body between them and the assailant.

Quote:
They were acting as the first line of protection and paid heavily for it. Only Hammond returned from the hallway alive -- but not unscathed.
Along with Hochsprung, 47, and Sherlach, 56, four teachers perished.

These female educators had more balls than you will ever have...I'm sure you would have had a big wet spot on your pants with your thumb in your mouth huddled and rocking in the corner of a room...

Great job of putting Comedian in his place. There's no fixing stupid!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:57 pm 

sparks wrote:
There's no fixing stupid!

Take it from the voice of experience!

Remember, this is coming from the guy who forgot about The first World Trade Center bombing, as well as the Iranian Hostage Crisis.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:44 pm 

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/republicans-open-door-to-gun-control-11-year-old-brings-gun-to-school/article6513958/?cmpid=rss1
Republican Sen. Charles Grassley said Monday that the debate must include guns and mental health. And NRA member Sen. Joe Manchin, another Democrat, agreed it’s time to begin an honest discussion about gun control and said he wasn’t afraid of the political consequences.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:46 pm 

Oh no, the black guy is going to take your guns!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:12 pm 

sparks wrote:
Oh no, the black guy is going to take your guns!

That's Racist!

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke