Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: NY R's ram gun control down NRA's throat!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:55 pm 

http://news.yahoo.com/ny-passes-1st-us-gun-control-bill-since-212027571.html
Private sales of assault weapons to someone other than an immediate family will be subject to a background check through a dealer. New Yorkers also would be barred from buying assault weapons over the Internet, and failing to safely store a weapon could lead to a misdemeanor charge.
Ammunition magazines will be restricted to seven bullets, from the current 10, and current owners of higher-capacity magazines will have a year to sell them out of state. An owner caught at home with eight or more bullets in a magazine will face a misdemeanor charge.
Another provision places requirements on therapists, psychologists, registered nurses and licensed social workers who believe a mental health patient made a credible threat to use a gun illegally. They would be required to report such a threat to a mental health director, who would have to notify the state. Any registered handguns — or registered assault weapons purchased before the ban — could be taken from the patient.
The legislation also increases sentences for gun crimes including the shooting of a first responder that Cuomo called the "Webster provision." Last month in the western New York town of Webster, two firefighters were killed after responding to a fire set by the shooter, who eventually killed himself

Post subject: Re: NY R's ram gun control down NRA's throat!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:06 pm 

What I never realized was that when someone buys a gun at one of those gun shows they don't go through a background check...I also think that when anyone sells a gun there should be some kind of record of it so it can be traced...That happens if a private party sells an automobile...So why not a deadly weapon? Sounds reasonable...

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:25 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
What I never realized was that when someone buys a gun at one of those gun shows they don't go through a background check...I also think that when anyone sells a gun there should be some kind of record of it so it can be traced...That happens if a private party sells an automobile...So why not a deadly weapon? Sounds reasonable...
The NRA has been jamming BS like the gun show loopholes and Stand your ground laws down our throats for years. Time for some payback. Elections have consequences,right?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:59 pm 

Democratic State Assemblyman Arrested After Allegedly Threatening Democratic State Speaker in Las Vegas
Found with a loaded gun after threatening his female colleague. Wonder what his position on gun control is.

Quote:
A Democratic assemblyman is in jail, arrested for threatening Democratic Speaker-elect Marilyn Kirkpatrick, according to North Las Vegas Police and Democratic sources familiar with the situation.

Assemblyman Steven Brooks, 40, of North Las Vegas made threats to harm a public official Saturday afternoon, police said in a news release Sunday morning. A source said he was arrested with a loaded gun after threatening to shoot Kirkpatrick.

Kirkpatrick and witnesses who corroborated the allegation prompted police to begin searching for Brooks. About 5:30 p.m., Brooks was seen driving in the area of Carey Avenue and Mt. Hood Street, where he was taken into custody without incident during a traffic stop.

Another Democratic source with knowledge of the situation said Brooks publicly threatened to harm Kirkpatrick because he was unhappy with the committee assignments given to him by Kirkpatrick. The 2013 Legislature begins Feb. 4.

It kinda goes along with my earlier headline:
-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

It is not the conservatives that cannot be trusted with fire arms, it is the moonbat liberals from the high population areas in the inner city.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:50 pm 

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:04 pm 

NRA Decides Good Guys With Guns Are Weirdos
Quote:
Yet here is the NRA last week discouraging Texans from being on their guard at every moment.

Yet while unlicensed open carry of long guns is also typically legal in most places, it is a rare sight to see someone sidle up next to you in line for lunch with a 7.62 rifle slung across his chest, much less a whole gaggle of folks descending on the same public venue with similar arms.

Let's not mince words, not only is it rare, it's downright weird and certainly not a practical way to go normally about your business while being prepared to defend yourself.

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-06-02/nra-decides-good-guys-with-guns-are-weirdos?cmpid=yhoo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:01 am 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Gun Violence Is In Democratic Strongholds, In “Obamerica”

Not so fast Jethro:

Indianapolis Murder Outbreak Double Number In Chicago
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/04/02/indianapolis-murder-outbreak-double-number-in-chicago/

Indy on pace toward 150 criminal homicides
Quote:
Already this year, Indianapolis has hit another dubious distinction: The per-capita murder rate for the city of about 800,000 residents, about six homicides per 100,000 people, is higher than Chicago's — a city notorious for its high murder rates over the past decade.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2014/04/25/indy-pace-toward-criminal-homicides/8176947/