Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Obama Trying To Take Our 2nd Ammendment Rights
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:31 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Typical rethuglicon hypocrisy:

Quote:
Senator Lindsey Graham Says Suspend the Constitution For Boston Marathon Suspect And Designate Him An Enemy Combatant.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2013/04/19/senator-lindsey-graham-says-suspend-the-constitution-for-boston-marathon-suspect-and-designate-him-an-enemy-combatant/

Sure...worry about background checks as infringing on the constitution, but it's ok to suspend it when the rethugs want to...

Dear Stupid,

This is a thread about our 2nd Amendment rights.

You seem hellbent to want to politicize the Boston Marathon.

I wasn't going to go there, but you being a useful idiot, have no such shame.

So I started
a new thread for it.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:45 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Why not suspend the 2nd amendment because almost 4,000 people have been killed?

City With Strictest Gun Laws In America Suffers From One Shooting Every 6.3 Hours
It’s almost like anti-gun laws do nothing to curb criminals from using guns to commit crimes.

Quote:
There have been 441 shootings and 100 homicides in the city of Chicago so far this year, according to a blog that tracks crime in Chicago.

That works out to 3.8 shootings per day or approximately one shooting every 6.3 hours.

The “Crime in Chicago” blog updates daily and tracks crime news within the city. It keeps a running tally of all homicides and shootings.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:28 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Why not suspend the 2nd amendment because almost 4,000 people have been killed?

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:31 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

Tell that to your rethuglicon majority when they passed bush's patriot act that trampled on the 1st, 4th, and 8th amendments...
Quote:
The Act:
·Permits clandestine searches of the homes of American citizens suspected of no crimes;
·Authorizes searches of the private records of libraries, businesses, physicians, hospitals, banks, schools and other organizations without probable cause;
·Creates a vague new crime known as "domestic terrorism," applicable even to lawful protests;
·Authorizes arbitrary surveillance of religious services and political forums;
·Permits detention of American citizens without benefit of due process or counsel.

http://usbillofrights.org/patact.html

...and remember you were "all in" when bush announced it...remember cheeeney saying that any member of the house that voted against it was not a patriot????? (and YOU bought it hook, line, and sinker)...F'IN HYPOCRITE!

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:50 pm 

Gunmaker Sturm Ruger Credits Dems Gun Control Efforts With Pushing Sales To Record High
Well done, dummycrats.

Quote:
(Reuters) – Gunmaker Sturm Ruger & Co Inc reported record quarterly sales after fears of new gun controls spurred demand, and the company said it was scouting for a third factory to boost production.

Shares of the company rose about 8 percent in extended trade.

Sales jumped about 39 percent to $155.9 million in the first quarter from a year earlier. It rose 10 percent from the fourth quarter.

Gun demand has been boosted in part by attempts to ban the sale of certain high capacity rifles and ammunition in the wake of the shootings at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut in December.

“Strong demand from consumers, coupled with the current political climate, resulted in unprecedented levels of orders from retailers to distributors …,” the company said in a regulatory filing.

Background checks for firearm sales, a measurement commonly used to gauge the firearm industry’s performance, rose more than 28 percent year-on-year in March, data from the FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System showed. In February, it rose about 33 percent.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:24 pm 

Alabama Senate Votes To Ignore Federal Gun Laws That Infringe On Second Amendment Rights
I would love to see Nanny Bloomberg’s reaction to stories like this.

Quote:
In the wake of the U.S. Senate’s failed background check legislation, the Alabama legislature is one step closer to passing its own gun bill — to prevent any new federal gun control laws from infringing on Alabamians’ right to bear arms.

The Alabama state Senate voted, 24-6, on Tuesday to approve a piece of legislation that would prohibit federal gun control laws from being upheld in the state if those laws are deemed a “violation of the Second Amendment.”

“They are not going to use our law enforcement resources to enforce their law that we believe is unconstitutional,” state Sen. Paul Sanford (R-Madison), one of the bill’s co-authors, said during the debate.

Along with Sanford, the “Second Amendment Preservation Act,” was also authored by state Sens. Scott Beason (R-Blount, Jefferson, St. Clair), Shadrack McGill (R-DeKalb, Jackson, Madison), Clay Scofield (R-Blount, Madison, Marshall) and Tom Whatley (R-Lee, Russell, Tallapoosa).

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:47 pm 

Michigan Vet Uses His AR-15 To Ward Off Robbers Trying To Burglarize His Gas Station
Problem with the article is the repetitive and ongoing reference to the two CRIMINALS and THUGS as "boys" and "teens."

Sorry, but 18-year-old and 19-year-old LAWBREAKING THUGS are not "boys" and should not be treated as though they are youngsters.

Quote:
In the early morning hours on Sunday, two teen boys broke into a Michigan gas station, apparently in an attempt to burglarize the place. The teens were surprised to discover that the owner was not only in the gas station, but armed with an AR-15, ready to protect his property. But the owner also got a surprise when one of the teens removed his mask.

The incident occurred around 4:00 a.m. on Sunday in Shingleton, a small town in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. According to The Iron Mountain Daily News, the two teens broke into the gas station and apparently were attempting to take money from the cash register. That’s when the owner of the gas station, a military veteran, Shawn Schank, entered the area and saw the teens at the register. Schank immediately confronted the two teens, who had their faces covered with masks. He kicked one, causing him to fall to the floor, and then ran to grab an AR-15 which he kept in his office.

Schank demanded the teens leave the gas station. While pointing the gun at the teens, one of them took off his mask and begged Schank not to shoot them. Schank recognized the teen and didn’t shoot. The two quickly left the building and ran off on foot. Schank then immediately called 911 to report what had happened.

Schank told police the teen’s identity. After authorities found and arrested the first one, the second’s identity was discovered and he was apprehended as well. Both were charged with breaking and entering.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:47 pm 

One Day In Gun-Ban Chicago: 20 People Shot, 3 Killed
Welfare babies selling drugs not paying taxes then having more welfare babies before costing us money in the hospital, courts, jails and finally the morgue.

Welcome to post-1965 America, and thanks LBJ.

Quote:
“At least three people were killed and 17 wounded in shootings across Chicago overnight as the city saw its warmest weather in seven months.”

In the past, Chicago’s Chief of Police Garry McCarty, has blamed warm weather for his city’s gunviolence, along with pointing the finger of blame at Sarah Palin and “government sponsored racism.”

By using this metric, if the weather keeps heating up we can expect more gun violence to erupt on the streets of Chicago. Where’s Al Gore?

According to the Tribune article, “warm weather” is behind the outbreak of gun violence, not the lack of enforcement of some of the toughest anti gun laws in the United States.

Checking statistics in different countries known for their warm weather and violence, the following stats were observed:

In Afghanistan for the entire month of April a total of 17 coalition force personnel were killed, seereport

In a recent 5 day period in all of Iraq, a total of 25 civilians and police were killed, see report.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:28 pm 

Kentucky boy, 5, accidentally shoots to death 2-year-old sister
Quote:
The rifle used in the accident is a Crickett designed for children and sold under the slogan “My First Rifle.”

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-kentucky-boy-accidental-fatal-shooting-sister-20130501,0,2768797.story

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:18 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
accidentally

A 5 year old had an accident so the lefties want that to be a reason to eliminate the second amendment.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:21 pm 

Awesome: Ted Cruz Challenges Joe Biden To Debate On Guns
Ted Cruz and his vast Supreme Court experience vs. Joe Biden . . . not exactly a fair fight.

Quote:
Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, noting that Vice President Joe Biden reportedly plans to revive a legislative push for gun control, challenged him to a debate about policy responses to gun violence.

“I would like to invite the vice president to engage in an hour long conversation and debate, ‘How do we stop crime’,” Cruz said at the National Rifle Association Leadership Forum today. “If Vice President Biden really believes that the facts are on his side . . . then I would think he would welcome the opportunity to talk about the sources, the causes of violent crime, who is carrying it out, and how we can do everything humanly possible to stop it.”

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:01 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
accidentally

A 5 year old had an accident so...

"Accident"?....yeah right, actually it was right wing, redneck gun worshiping mega stupidity.
I mean buying a 5 year old a rifle and keeping that loaded rifle within reach of a 5 year old, WTF can go wrong, right?

Oh no, wait, "It was God's will. It was her time to go, I guess"

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:53 pm 

edge540 wrote:
actually it was right wing, redneck gun worshiping
\

Is that compared to being a bed wetting gun fearing p*ssy like you?

Cowering at night hiding from the urban youth because you are too terrified and willfully ignorant to defend yourself, like a dog that hides under the couch on the fourth of July because the explosions scare you.

You want your precious gun control so bad?

Why not just move to the South side of Chicago, they have a total gun ban, strictest in the nation.

Why don't one of you Fifi's answer that question?

If gun control ever passes, I sure hope it is you two who show up and try and take mine!

Liberty or Death. Don't Tread On Me.

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Georgia College Student Saves Himself, Ten Friends By Shooting At Masked Attackers, Killing One
But no, he shouldn’t have had an “evil gun”[/S]

Quote:
A group of college students said they are lucky to be alive and they’re thanking the quick-thinking of one of their own. Police said a fellow student shot and killed one of two masked men who burst into an apartment.Channel 2 Action News reporter Tom Jones met with one of the students to talk about the incident.

“Apparently, his intent was to rape and murder us all,” said student Charles Bailey.

Bailey said he thought it was the end of his life and the lives of the 10 people inside his apartment for a birthday party after two masked men with guns burst in through a patio door.

“They just came in and separated the men from the women and said, ‘Give me your wallets and cell phones,’” said George Williams of the College Park Police Department.

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Student With AR-15 Scares Off Armed Home Intruders
It is ALWAYS better to have a gun and not need it, than it is to need a gun and NOT HAVE IT.
Quote:
Rochester, N.Y. — Early Tuesday morning, Christopher Boise heard a noise coming from the basement. As he walked toward the source of that noise, the RIT student noticed two men standing in the downstairs portion of his apartment.

“They were waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs,” said Boise.

One of them had a handgun trained on Boise.

Within moments, Boise screamed. His cries were heard by his roommate, Raymond.

“It wasn’t like a, ‘I stepped by stepped on a piece of glass’ kind of scream,” Raymond said. “So, I instinctively went to my gun bag.”

Raymond owns an AR-15 which is a military style rifle.

Raymond estimated that just five seconds passed until the door started to open. It was one of the intruders.

“By the time I had it out and ready, one of the men came at my door, slowly opened it, saw that there was a barrel on the other side and from there backed out,” Raymond said.

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

DemocRATic strongholds...you mean like downtown Hammond, Gary, Whiting, etc.
-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Wisconsin Sheriff Tells Resident To Learn How To Use A Gun To Defend Themselves
NRA offers a home defense course.
Quote:
Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke Jr. has a message for residents: learn how to use a gun.

With budget cutbacks putting a strain on law enforcement, simply calling 911 might not cut it in a life-or-death or situation, Clarke said in a new radio ad this month. Safety is “no longer a spectator sport,” he says. “I need you in the game.”

“With officers laid off and furloughed, simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option,” Clark adds. “You can beg for mercy from a violent criminal, hide under the bed, or you can fight back. But are you prepared?”

“Consider taking a certified safety course in handling a firearm so you can defend yourself until we get there. You have a duty to protect yourself and your family. We’re partners now. Can I count on you?” he asks.

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
NRA Vindicated: Armed Guard Stops School Shooter After He Opens Fire On Classmates
No gun-grabbing bill in the world would have done this.

Quote:
Atlanta, Georgia (AP) — A student opened fire at his middle school Thursday afternoon, wounding a 14-year-old in the neck before an armed officer working at the school was able to get the gun away, police said.

Multiple shots were fired in the courtyard of Price Middle School just south of downtown around 1:50 p.m. and the one boy was hit, Atlanta Police Chief George Turner said. In the aftermath, a teacher received minor cuts, he said.

The wounded boy was taken “alert, conscious and breathing” to Grady Memorial Hospital, said police spokesman Carlos Campos. He was expected to be released Thursday night.

Police swarmed the school of about 400 students after reports of the shooting while a crowd of anxious parents gathered in the streets, awaiting word on their children. Students were kept at the locked-down school for more than two hours before being dismissed.

Investigators believe the shooting was not random and that something occurred between the two students that may have led to it.

Schools Superintendent Erroll Davis said the school does have metal detectors.

“The obvious question is how did this get past a metal detector?” Davis asked about the gun. “That’s something we do not know yet.”

The armed resource officer who took the gun away was off-duty and at the school, but police didn’t release details on him or whether he is regularly at Price. Since 20 children and six adults were shot to death at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut in December, calls for armed officers in every school have resonated across the country.

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Gun-Toting Thugs Attack Basketball Coach Escorting Girl Players To Their Cars, Coach Pulls Out His Concealed Weapon, Shoots Both Attackers
And the Dems are trying to take away the coach’s right to bear arms, the criminals who attacked him could care less what anti-gun laws Congress passes.

Quote:
(WXYZ) – Police sources tell 7 Action News that a women’s basketball coach from Martin Luther King, Jr. Senior High School shot two men who attacked him as he was walking two basketball players to their cars in the school parking lot.

Police sources say the coach was walking the two girls to their cars when two men allegedly approached and one pulled out a gun and grabbed him by his chain necklace.

The coach then pulled out his gun and shot both of them
, according to sources.

The man who shot the attackers was 70 years old, according to police.

One of the attackers was found dead in the median on Lafayette Boulevard, and the other was taken to a local hospital, according to police sources.

We’ve learned that both of the men had attended the high school, and one had been recently expelled.

Police sources say the coach has a Concealed Pistol License and is reportedly a reserve police officer. They say he is fully cooperating with authorities.

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Marine Pulls Gun To Save Woman Being Beaten
Good job Marine! Watch out for the commies.They will try to come take your gun away!
Quote:
A Marine Corps veteran with a concealed carry permit stopped a suspect in a brutal beating in West Allis, Wis., on Tuesday morning when he drew his gun and called the police.

Charlie Blackmore, Jr. told Wisconsin Fox affiliate WITI that he saw a man kicking a woman in the head and belly at the side of the road as he was driving to work early the morning of March 12. He pulled his car over and told the suspect to stop, but the man came towards him.

That’s when Blackmore, who served in the Marines from 2005 to 2007, decided to draw his weapon, a 9mm handgun. Blackmore told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that the suspect, who he estimated stood more than 6 feet tall and weighed about 220 pounds, proceeded to taunt him, reportedly saying “Shoot me, then.”

According to WITI, audio of Blackmore’s 911 call reveals the suspect tried to walk away when confronted.

“There’s a black male that just beat up a female in the street. He’s walking away from me. I told him to stop,” Blackmore said on the call. “If you come at me, I will shoot you,” he told the suspect

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Florida: Father Brings Crime Spree To An End By Shooting Armed Robber Outside Burger King
The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

Quote:
(NBC Miami) — A father who was robbed while eating with his family took out his own gun and shot the suspect, Miami Police said.

It happened at about 1 p.m. Friday at the Burger King restaurant at Biscayne Boulevard and Northeast 17th Street, police said.

The robber walked in, flashed his gun to the family, demanded their valuables, then headed for the door, according to police.

The father, fearing for his life, took out his gun and shot the suspect in the leg as he stood outside the restaurant, police said.

The suspect, 36-year-old Travis Harris, jumped into a getaway Ford F-150 and took off, police said.

Police said they found him and the driver, 38-year-old Ramon Smalls, a few blocks away thanks to a Good Samaritan who followed them and alerted police. The two suspects were taken into custody at a gas station at Northeast 2nd Avenue and 26th Street after they apparently ran out of fuel, police added.

The Burger King incident followed an earlier incident in which the duo teamed up to rob a young woman of her iPhone 4S at 2200 NE 4th Ave. at about 10:15 a.m., with Smalls driving the truck as they fled, police said. Her phone was later found inside the truck, police added.

Harris was taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital’s Ryder Trauma to be treated for his gunshot wound, and faces three counts of armed robbery with a firearm, police said.

Smalls faces one count of strongarm robbery for the morning incident, and possible pending charges for the afternoon incident, police said.

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
80 Year Old With Gun Manages To Fight Off 5 Armed Robbers
Kickass. What would have happened to the man had he not had a gun?

Quote:
FLINT, MI — An 80-year-old Flint man fired two shots at five male teenagers attempting to rob him Thursday, April 11 in the driveway of his Helber Street home.

The homeowner called police around 9:45 p.m. to the home and told officers he’d fired two shots at the suspects, who had guns, in self defense, according to a police report.

All the suspects fled eastbound from the home towards Ballenger Highway. The homeowner thought he may have shot one of the suspects, but no shooting victim was found by police.

The investigative bureau was called to the scene for evidence collection and photographs. No arrests have been made in the case.

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Michigan Vet Uses His AR-15 To Ward Off Robbers Trying To Burglarize His Gas Station
Problem with the article is the repetitive and ongoing reference to the two CRIMINALS and THUGS as "boys" and "teens."

Sorry, but 18-year-old and 19-year-old LAWBREAKING THUGS are not "boys" and should not be treated as though they are youngsters.

Quote:
In the early morning hours on Sunday, two teen boys broke into a Michigan gas station, apparently in an attempt to burglarize the place. The teens were surprised to discover that the owner was not only in the gas station, but armed with an AR-15, ready to protect his property. But the owner also got a surprise when one of the teens removed his mask.

The incident occurred around 4:00 a.m. on Sunday in Shingleton, a small town in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. According to The Iron Mountain Daily News, the two teens broke into the gas station and apparently were attempting to take money from the cash register. That’s when the owner of the gas station, a military veteran, Shawn Schank, entered the area and saw the teens at the register. Schank immediately confronted the two teens, who had their faces covered with masks. He kicked one, causing him to fall to the floor, and then ran to grab an AR-15 which he kept in his office.

Schank demanded the teens leave the gas station. While pointing the gun at the teens, one of them took off his mask and begged Schank not to shoot them. Schank recognized the teen and didn’t shoot. The two quickly left the building and ran off on foot. Schank then immediately called 911 to report what had happened.

Schank told police the teen’s identity. After authorities found and arrested the first one, the second’s identity was discovered and he was apprehended as well. Both were charged with breaking and entering.

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

Quote:

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:37 am 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
edge540 wrote:
actually it was right wing, redneck gun worshiping

Is that compared to being a bed wetting gun fearing p*ssy like you?

Cowering at night hiding from the urban youth because you are too terrified and willfully ignorant to defend yourself, like a dog that hides under the couch on the fourth of July because the explosions scare you.

You want your precious gun control so bad?

Why not just move to the South side of Chicago, they have a total gun ban, strictest in the nation. Moron.

Well no Stupid, Chicago does not have any kind of gun ban. If you weren't so ignorant and stupid you would know that. Dumbass.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:47 pm 

P.J. O'Rourke

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next