Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Obama Trying To Take Our 2nd Ammendment Rights
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:07 pm 

Feinstein Exempts Government Workers Who Guard Members Of Congress From Assault Weapons Ban
Unbelievable.

Quote:
Not everyone will have to abide by Senator Dianne Feinstein’s gun control bill. If the proposed legislation becomes law, government officials and others will be exempt.

“Mrs. Feinstein’s measure would exempt more than 2,200 types of hunting and sporting rifles; guns manually operated by bolt, pump, lever or slide action; and weapons used by government officials, law enforcement and retired law enforcement personnel,” the Washington Times reports.

The Huffington Post confirms these exemptions, and adds that guns owned prior to the legislation becoming law will be permissble, too. “The bill includes a number of exemptions: It exempts more than 2,200 hunting and sporting weapons; any gun manually operated by a bolt, pump, lever or slide action; any weapons used by government officials and law enforcement; and any weapons legally owned as of the date of the bill’s enactment.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:17 pm 

Man Who Purchased Assault Rifles for Fear of Weapons Ban Aims Them at Daughter Over Disappointing Grades...

http://gawker.com/5979129/man-who-purchased-assault-rifles-for-fear-of-weapons-ban-aims-them-at-daughter-over-disappointing-grades

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:22 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Man Who Purchased Assault Rifles for Fear of Weapons Ban Aims Them at Daughter Over Disappointing Grades...

http://gawker.com/5979129/man-who-purchased-assault-rifles-for-fear-of-weapons-ban-aims-them-at-daughter-over-disappointing-grades

That guy must have been a democrat too.

CHICAGOLAND: 7 MURDERED IN SINGLE NIGHT

Gun Violence Is In Democratic Strongholds, In “Obamerica”

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:34 pm 

Obama: ‘Up At Camp David, We Do Skeet Shooting All The Time”
Do as I say, Not as I do.
Quote:
In an interview with the New Republic, President Barack Obama is asked whether he’s “ever fired a gun.”

“Yes,” Obama says, “in fact, up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time.”

Obama says his family doesn’t go shooting, in respons to a question. “Not the girls, but oftentimes guests of mine go up there. And I have a profound respect for the traditions of hunting that trace back in this country for generations. And I think those who dismiss that out of hand make a big mistake.”

Then Obama tries to tie in gun control talk, which was the subject of much of the interview. “Part of being able to move this forward is understanding the reality of guns in urban areas are very different from the realities of guns in rural areas. And if you grew up and your dad gave you a hunting rifle when you were ten, and you went out and spent the day with him and your uncles, and that became part of your family’s traditions, you can see why you’d be pretty protective of that,” says Obama.

“So it’s trying to bridge those gaps that I think is going to be part of the biggest task over the next several months. And that means that advocates of gun control have to do a little more listening than they do sometimes.”

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:37 pm 

Wisconsin Sheriff Tells Resident To Learn How To Use A Gun To Defend Themselves
NRA offers a home defense course.
Quote:
Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke Jr. has a message for residents: learn how to use a gun.

With budget cutbacks putting a strain on law enforcement, simply calling 911 might not cut it in a life-or-death or situation, Clarke said in a new radio ad this month. Safety is “no longer a spectator sport,” he says. “I need you in the game.”

“With officers laid off and furloughed, simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option,” Clark adds. “You can beg for mercy from a violent criminal, hide under the bed, or you can fight back. But are you prepared?”

“Consider taking a certified safety course in handling a firearm so you can defend yourself until we get there. You have a duty to protect yourself and your family. We’re partners now. Can I count on you?” he asks.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:21 pm 

Drudge Report On Obama’s Comment, “I Go Shooting All The Time”

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:40 pm 

Carney Shockingly Has No Idea How Often Obama Goes Skeet Shooting
Maybe because the answer is “never.”

They are lying directly to your faces and you liberals don't even care!

Quote:
President Obama said that he “goes skeet-shooting all the time,” a comment that apparently has the White House press corps a little suspicious.

A reporter today asked White House Press Secretary Jay Carney how often Obama goes shooting and why hasn’t the press corps heard about this before? Carney simply referred her to Obama’s statement.

Is there a photo of the president shooting? “There may be, but I haven’t seen it,” Carney replied.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:33 pm 

GOP Rep. Marsha Blackburn Challenges Obama To Skeet Shooting Match
Heh!

Quote:
(CNN) - It’s about time for some bipartisan…skeet shooting?

Rep. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tennessee, joined a chorus of skeptics who questioned President Barack Obama’s recent comments about his hobby of skeet shooting, a sport where participants fire shotguns to break airborne clay disks.

“If he is a skeet shooter, why have we not heard of this? Why have we not seen photos? Why hasn’t he referenced this at any point in time?” Blackburn said Monday on CNN’s “Erin Burnett OutFront.”

“I tell you what I do think,” she later added. “I think he should invite me to Camp David, and I’ll go skeet shooting with him and I bet I’ll beat him.”

Obama said in an interview published Sunday by The New Republic that he won’t ignore the concerns of hunters and sportsmen as his administration pushes for tighter gun laws. To illustrate his point, he added an anecdote about his previously unknown penchant for shooting.

“Up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time,” he said, responding to a question about whether he had ever fired a gun. He also added he has included guests on his skeet shooting outings.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:14 am 

CNN HOST ON OBAMA'S SKEET SHOOTING: PROVE IT

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:25 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

Here is your rethugs problem...NO ONE is taking your guns away...unless you have a military weapon...gee why wasn't there a HUGE outcry when they banned the "Tommy-Gun"...Why are sawed-off shotguns banned...If we had a invasion would a sawed -off shot gun help the militia? Who cares if anyone skeet-shoots? What about no background checks ie...I could sell you a gun without a background check...I could't sell you a car without some kind of paper work...Why is this such a big deal?????

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:10 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

Here is your rethugs problem...NO ONE is taking your guns away...unless you have a military weapon...gee why wasn't there a HUGE outcry when they banned the "Tommy-Gun"...Why are sawed-off shotguns banned...If we had a invasion would a sawed -off shot gun help the militia? Who cares if anyone skeet-shoots? What about no background checks ie...I could sell you a gun without a background check...I could't sell you a car without some kind of paper work...Why is this such a big deal?????

Yeah...just ignore the fact that you messiah is lying his ass off to you and the rest of the country.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:31 pm 

Mag Pushes Fake Picture of Obama Skeet Shooting - - - Then deletes it.
http://whitehouse.gov1.info/camp-david/ ... -skeet.jpg
Of course it is a fake.

Everything about this administration is a fake, the liberal media just refuses to report it.

He is a gun fearing pussy just like any other liberal.

Quote:
President Obama recently told the New Republic magazine, "Up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time." Today, after some suggested the president's claim might not be true, the New Republic tweeted a picture supposedly proving that Obama has gone skeet shooting:

@tnr: PHOTO: Obama shooting skeet at Camp David. http://whitehouse.gov1.info/camp-david/index.html … (from http://whitehouse.gov )

And here's the picture the magazine pointed to:

The only problem: the picture is a fake, and not hosted on the White House's website.

Within minutes the magazine had deleted the tweet and admitted its mistake:

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:21 pm 

DHS Offers Advice For Stopping Next Newtown-Like Mass Murderer: Scissors
Scissors vs. a gun? Not exactly a fair fight.

Quote:
WASHINGTON — Is your workplace getting shot up by a crazed gunman?

No problem — just grab a pair of scissors and fight back!

That’s some of the helpful advice in a new instructional video from the Department of Homeland Security that was posted on the agency’s Web site just a month after the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut.

“If you are caught out in the open and cannot conceal yourself or take cover, you might consider trying to overpower the shooter with whatever means are available,” says the narrator in the video, which shows an office worker pulling scissors out of a desk drawer.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:29 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

Number Of Times Obama Shot Skeet At Camp David . . . . One
He is a gun fearing pussy, just like I said all along

Quote:
News of President Obama’s apparently long-secret fondness for skeet shooting came as a surprise to those who say they have witnessed the president’s “awkward” attempts at pinging the (clay) pigeons.

This has only happened with the president at Camp David, at most, a couple of times, according to a source who says he has been to the retreat on a half-dozen visits with Obama.

“The only time he shot skeet was for President’s Cup,” said the source, referring to a shooting competition tradition involving the presidential Marine guards. “I was there. He stayed for about five minutes, and couldn’t leave fast enough.”

Skeet shooting “is very hard,” said the source. “Especially for someone not used to guns … He couldn’t have been more uncomfortable.”

The source said a friend of his recalled Obama skeet shooting one other time at Camp David — very early on in his first term.

The White House did not immediately respond to FoxNews.com’s request for comment.

Obama professed his sweetness for skeet shooting during an interview posted online Sunday with The New Republic, when asked if he had ever fired a gun.

“Yes, in fact, up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time,” Obama said. “Not the girls, but oftentimes guests of mine go up there. And I have a profound respect for the traditions of hunting that trace back in this country for generations. And I think those who dismiss that out of hand make a big mistake.”

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:55 pm 

NRA Vindicated: Armed Guard Stops School Shooter After He Opens Fire On Classmates
No gun-grabbing bill in the world would have done this.

Quote:
Atlanta, Georgia (AP) — A student opened fire at his middle school Thursday afternoon, wounding a 14-year-old in the neck before an armed officer working at the school was able to get the gun away, police said.

Multiple shots were fired in the courtyard of Price Middle School just south of downtown around 1:50 p.m. and the one boy was hit, Atlanta Police Chief George Turner said. In the aftermath, a teacher received minor cuts, he said.

The wounded boy was taken “alert, conscious and breathing” to Grady Memorial Hospital, said police spokesman Carlos Campos. He was expected to be released Thursday night.

Police swarmed the school of about 400 students after reports of the shooting while a crowd of anxious parents gathered in the streets, awaiting word on their children. Students were kept at the locked-down school for more than two hours before being dismissed.

Investigators believe the shooting was not random and that something occurred between the two students that may have led to it.

Schools Superintendent Erroll Davis said the school does have metal detectors.

“The obvious question is how did this get past a metal detector?” Davis asked about the gun. “That’s something we do not know yet.”

The armed resource officer who took the gun away was off-duty and at the school, but police didn’t release details on him or whether he is regularly at Price. Since 20 children and six adults were shot to death at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut in December, calls for armed officers in every school have resonated across the country.

P.J. O'Rourke

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next