Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: North Korea 4.9
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:29 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
U.S Delays Missile Test So As Not To Be “Misperceived” By North Koreans
Yes, Barry is catering to their nonsense.

Quote:
Washington (CNN) – The United States is delaying a long-planned missile test to avoid any misperceptions by North Korea amid mounting tensions, a senior U.S. Department of Defense official said Saturday.

Postponing the launch, initially scheduled for Tuesday at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California, was “prudent and wise,” said the official, speaking on condition of anonymity.

The missile test had nothing to do with North Korea, but the United States decided to hold off “given recent tensions on the Korean Peninsula,” the official said.

Yeah, they delayed it until obama's scriptwriter wrote him an apology for the NK nutcase.
“The U.S. will conduct another test soon and remains strong committed to our nuclear deterrence capabilities,” said the official, who was not authorized to publicly release details of the launch.

It was not immediately known what type of missile the United States planned to test.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:33 pm 

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:19 pm 

NORFOLK, VA. — The Air Force is grounding about a third of its active-duty combat aircraft because of automatic spending cuts. :smt006

Quote:
The stand-down will affect units stationed in the U.S., Europe and the Pacific. Those units include fighter, bomber, aggressor and airborne warning and control squadrons.

Air Combat Command at Joint Base Langley-Eustis in Hampton, Va. made the announcement Tuesday.

Some units deployed that include F-16s, F-22s, A-10s and B-1s will stand down after they return home from their deployments. Other units began Tuesday.

The Air Force says the stand-down is the result of cuts to the command’s operations and maintenance account. The Air Force says it must reduce its flying by about 45,000 fewer training hours before Oct. 1 than it previously planned.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:26 pm 

LA Cucaracha

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:37 pm 

Please don't feed the troll.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:23 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Please don't feed the troll.

Quote:
La Cucaracha (Mexican Cockroach Song)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:33 pm 

Quote:
NORFOLK, VA. — The Air Force is grounding about a third of its active-duty combat aircraft because of automatic spending cuts.

my favorite part:
Quote:
The Department of Defense overall faces a $487 billion reduction in projected spending over the next decade and possibly tens of billions more as tea partyers and other fiscal conservatives embrace automatic spending cuts as the best means to reduce the government’s trillion-dollar deficit.
:smt005

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:23 pm 

Pentagon: Yes, North Korea Can Probably Nuke Us If They Want To
And we are going to sit back and wait for the little Fat Bastard to press the button.
Quote:
North Korea likely has nuclear weapons that can be delivered by ballistic weapons, according to a classified report by the Defense Intelligence Agency. The assessment comes amid escalating rhetoric by Kim Jong-un threatening nuclear strikes on the United States. It’s the clearest statement yet that the boy leader poses a legitimate and imminent nuclear threat.

According to the report, “DIA assesses with moderate confidence the North currently has nuclear weapons capable of delivery by ballistic missiles however the reliability will be low.” That line was read aloud by Rep. Doug Lamborn, a Republican from Colorado, on Thursday during a House Armed Services Committee hearing. Lamborn was questioning Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, who seemed taken aback and declined to answer the question, saying, “I haven’t seen it and you said it’s not publicly released, so I choose not to comment on it.”

The conclusion from the DIA plays into a larger debate within the U.S. intelligence community about North Korea’s ability to launch a nuclear missile. While North Korea has conducted three underground nuclear tests since 2006, the U.S. has been divided for years on whether the country’s engineers can place a nuclear warhead atop a ballistic missile. The DIA report now shows that the military’s most important intelligence agency believes, albeit with “moderate confidence,” that North Korea has mastered the technology.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:39 pm 

North Korea's nuclear weapons program has moved back to the front pages
Quote:
Yongbyon nuclear facilities, have kept the crisis simmering, and laid the basis for reported splits within the Bush administration over the best strategy for dealing with Pyongyang. Seemingly replaying debates marking the lead-up to the war with Iraq, newspaper analyses portray the State Department under Secretary of State Colin Powell pressing for diplomacy and efforts to reassure the North Koreans that the U.S. was not seeking regime change.

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB87/

So while North Korea was pursuing nuclear arms. the US (bush) was pursuing the WMD'S that they told the world that Iraq had
Yep...the bush years...the gift that keeps on giving...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:49 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:

Hey Stupid,

Barry has been in office for 5 years, what has he done?

Even the WH had to give up on blaming Bush, is that REALLY ALL YOU'VE GOT?

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:33 am 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:

is that REALLY ALL YOU'VE GOT?

Hey revisionist...
We are still suffering from those years...Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, the great recession, just to name a few. Now because of bush's lying and tunnel-vision on Iraq; North Korea went under the radar while they developed nukes...Yep still paying the price and will continue to do so...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:01 pm 

North Korea: “Nuclear War Is Unavoidable,” First Target Will Be Japan
This is what you get when our enemies perceive weakness in the White House.
Quote:
NORTH KOREA has warned Japan that Tokyo would be the first target in the event of a war on the Korean Peninsula, as it increased threats of an attack.

In a commentary carried by the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA), the communist country lashed out at Tokyo’s standing orders to destroy any missile heading toward Japan, threatening such actions will result in a nuclear attack against the island nation.

If Japan executes its threat to shoot down any North Korean missile, such a “provocative” intervention would see Tokyo — an enormous conurbation of 30 million people — “consumed in nuclear flames”, KCNA warned.

“Japan is always in the cross-hairs of our revolutionary army and if Japan makes a slightest move, the spark of war will touch Japan first,” the report added.

P.J. O'Rourke