Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: OBAMA'S NSA SNOOPERS SUCK DATA 'FROM 50 COMPANIES'
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:34 pm 

edge540 wrote:
-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

If anyone has failed to notice chuckmo and UNedgeUKATED, who haven't an original thought in their heads have abandoned trying to defend Barry's lurch toward tyranny.

Wrong again, moron.
I really don't have to defend Barry, he handed Mitt Romney his ass in November and that is why I don't waste time with idiot mouth breathing trolls like you. :smt006
Enjoy:
Quote:
New Poll Says American Public is Fine With NSA Surveillance Mon Jun. 10, 2013

Pew is out with the first poll asking the public what it thinks of the NSA phone record surveillance program. Unsurprisingly, the public thinks it's just peachy, by a margin of 56-41. What is surprising, though, is the epic size of the change in partisan attitudes since 2006. Back then, Republicans approved of the (recently revealed) NSA program by 38 points more than Democrats. Now, Republicans disapprove by 12 points more than Democrats.

This isn't the last word on the subject. The wording of the question is different this year compared to 2006, and that might account for a bit of the difference. But probably not much. Basically, when Bush was president, Republicans thought that monitoring telephone traffic was a great idea. Now, when Obama is president, they're not so sure—but Democrats think it's fine and dandy. This is about as remarkable a turnaround as I've seen on any subject in recent years.
http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2 ... rveillance

From another forum:
Quote:
No one with a brain was surprised by the supposed breaking news that the government mines telephone metadata. It's been going on for at least since the 1980s, when computers started getting powerful enough to do it. Listening to calls requires a warrant, but simply recording which numbers called which numbers has never required a warrant. If someone thinks that's a scandal, they are either remarkably naive or remarkably partisan. If they decided doing it was a scandal only after President Obama took office, then those would be the dishonest partisans.

Now, FISA courts should be more open, and have more civilian oversight. There's a potential for abuse. However, there's no evidence of any actual abuse, despite the fevered fantasies of the conservatives who believe President Obama is personally listening in on their 1-900-HOOTERS calls. And there are questions of how cozy big telecoms should be with government. However, metadata mining is necessary, and it's not going away, so the goal is to keep it supervised, instead of wailing about how scandalous it is.

Obama has continued Bush's violation of civil rights at the misguided claim of homeland security, he has then upped the ante and taken them to new heights.

Drone strikes against US citizens? Check .... Illegal surveillance of the press? Check .... Illegal searches of US Citizens communications? Check .....

Every administration for the last 20 years has been complicit in reducing our freedoms and that includes both parties in Congress and the US Supreme Court. All of which should be arrested and tried for treason.

Yes, there has been the belief that communications have been hacked but now there is the undeniable truth staring us in the face. That is guilt, regardless of how long it has been done. There is no defense of the act regardless of which party has authorized it.

The Patriot Act has gutted the constitution and both parties fall over each other in their one act of bipartisanship. Oh the irony of it .......

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:40 pm 

NSA Spying On Americans’ Phone Records Goes Deeper Than We’ve Been Told, Numbers With No Connection To Terrorism Being Investigated
I suspect the next batch of leaks will prove that Obama and his domestic spy ring are even more abusive then we suspect? No worries liberal media had a special one on one with Obama so the AP and the usual leftwingers will give those stories a pass?

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — A leading Republican senator on Tuesday described controversial U.S. spy programs as looking far deeper into Americans’ phone records than the Obama administration has been willing to admit, fueling new privacy concerns as Congress sought to defend the surveillance systems.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-SC., says the U.S. intelligence surveillance of phone records allows analysts to monitor U.S. phone records for a pattern of calls, even if those numbers have no known connection to terrorism.

Graham says the National Security Agency then matches phone numbers against known terrorists. Graham helped draft the surveillance law that governs the surveillance program.

The office of the director of national intelligence declined to comment.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:45 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
NSA Spying On Americans’ Phone Records Goes Deeper Than We’ve Been Told, Numbers With No Connection To Terrorism Being Investigated
I suspect the next batch of leaks will prove that Obama and his domestic spy ring are even more abusive then we suspect? No worries liberal media had a special one on one with Obama so the AP and the usual leftwingers will give those stories a pass?

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — A leading Republican senator on Tuesday described controversial U.S. spy programs as looking far deeper into Americans’ phone records than the Obama administration has been willing to admit, fueling new privacy concerns as Congress sought to defend the surveillance systems.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-SC., says the U.S. intelligence surveillance of phone records allows analysts to monitor U.S. phone records for a pattern of calls, even if those numbers have no known connection to terrorism.

Graham says the National Security Agency then matches phone numbers against known terrorists. Graham helped draft the surveillance law that governs the surveillance program.

The office of the director of national intelligence declined to comment.

And yet Graham fully admits that he helped draft the surveillance law ..... That is an admission of treason and he should be arrested, tried and executed for his crimes.

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:47 pm 

FBI Sharply Increases Use Of Patriot Act Provision To Collect American Citizens’ Records, Up 1,000% Under Obama
And the hits just keep on coming.

Quote:
The FBI has dramatically increased its use of a controversial provision of the Patriot Act to secretly obtain a vast store of business records of U.S. citizens under President Barack Obama, according to recent Justice Department reports to Congress. The bureau filed 212 requests for such data to a national security court last year – a 1,000-percent increase from the number of such requests four years earlier, the reports show.

The FBI’s increased use of the Patriot Act’s “business records” provision — and the wide ranging scope of its requests — is getting new scrutiny in light of last week’s disclosure that that the provision was used to obtain a top-secret national security order requiring telecommunications companies to turn over records of millions of telephone calls.

Taken together, experts say, those revelations show the government has broadly interpreted the Patriot Act provision as enabling it to collect data not just on specific individuals, but on millions of Americans with no suspected terrorist connections. And it shows that the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court accepted that broad interpretation of the law.

“That they were using this (provision) to do mass collection of data is definitely the biggest surprise,” said Robert Chesney, a top national security lawyer at the University of Texas Law School. “Most people who followed this closely were not aware they were doing this. We’ve gone from producing records for a particular investigation to the production of all records for a massive pre-collection database. It’s incredibly sweeping.”

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:56 pm 

Obama Admin: Domestic Spying PRISM Program Is Here To Stay
What would Senator Obama have to say about this?

Hypocrisy, thy name is democrats

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration is weighing whether to charge a government contractor with leaking classified government secrets while it defends a much-criticized National Security Agency surveillance program as an indispensable tool for protecting Americans from terrorists.

Facing a global uproar over the programs that track phone and Internet messages around the world, the Justice Department continued to investigate whether the disclosures of Edward Snowden, 29, an employee of government contractor Booz Allen Hamilton, were criminal.

Meanwhile, the European Parliament planned to debate the spy programs Tuesday and whether they have violated local privacy protections. EU officials in Brussels pledged to seek answers from U.S. diplomats at a trans-Atlantic ministerial meeting in Dublin later this week.

The global scrutiny comes after revelations from Snowden, who has chosen to reveal his identity. Snowden has fled to Hong Kong in hopes of escaping criminal charges as lawmakers including Senate intelligence chairwoman Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California accuse him of committing an “act of treason” that should be prosecuted.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:21 am 

mattlap wrote:

Obama has continued Bush's violation of civil rights at the misguided claim of homeland security, he has then upped the ante and taken them to new heights.....

Hyperbole much?
Don't worry matt, like the guy said, Barry is not personally listening in on your 1-900-HOOTERS calls.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:30 am 

edge540 wrote:
mattlap wrote:

Obama has continued Bush's violation of civil rights at the misguided claim of homeland security, he has then upped the ante and taken them to new heights.....

Hyperbole much?
Don't worry matt, like the guy said, Barry is not personally listening in on your 1-900-HOOTERS calls.

Ahhh ....so you only know how to respond to fact with trying to insult?

The pure fact is that it is unconstitutional for the US Government to listen to US citizens in any fashion or form. Oh wait....wasn't it you that criticized Bush as treating the constitution as a god damn piece of paper?

The Patriot Act has been wrong since the beginning and has cost us freedoms at the misguided idea of homeland security.

So far we have lawmakers on both sides of the aisle lining up and calling Snowden guilty of treason. Today we had a Republican Congressman calling for the journalists to be arrested.

Please tell me how the expansion of homeland security under Obama is hyperbole? It's factual information that Obama has authorized drone strikes against US citizens and now the expansion of spying on US citizens communications.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:42 am 

The Patriot Act was mainly drafted by Joe Biden, in 1995...
(if you want a link, GOOGLE it yourself)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:04 am 

mattlap wrote:
edge540 wrote:
mattlap wrote:

Hyperbole much?

Ahhh ....so you only know how to respond to fact with trying to insult?

The pure fact is that it is unconstitutional for the US Government to listen to US citizens in any fashion or form. Oh wait....wasn't it you that criticized Bush as treating the constitution as a god damn piece of paper?

Are you really that dense?
Nobody is listening to anything.
Simply recording which numbers called which numbers by a supercomputer is not unconstitutional any more for the government than it is for the phone company.
Quote:
The Patriot Act has been wrong since the beginning and has cost us freedoms at the misguided idea of homeland security.
That's your opinion.

Quote:
It's factual information that Obama has authorized drone strikes against US citizens

Who happen to be terrorists that have threatened to kill me. Sorry, I have no problem killing terrorists that want to kill me and I really don't give a sh*t if they are US citizens or not.
Quote:
and now the expansion of spying on US citizens communications.

Again you're showing how dense you are. This has been going on since 2007, nothing has been expanded.

Last edited by edge540 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:08 am 

LoisLane wrote:

Bullshit
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnibus_Co ... ct_of_1995

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:16 am 

edge540 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

Bullshit

Very credible.....and this is ONLY the tip of the iceberg.
...and a minute ago you wrote "BFD" then found a link to back up your Messiah....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:26 am 

LoisLane wrote:
edge540 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

Bullshit

Very credible.....and this is ONLY the tip of the iceberg.
...and a minute ago you wrote "BFD" then found a link to back up your Messiah....

Yep, BFD.
Yes, I'm sure you were just as outraged in 1995 as you you are now. :smt005

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:00 am 

Quote:
Yep, BFD.

I doubt it moron....I was only 19 years old.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:56 am 

LoisLane wrote:
Quote:
Yep, BFD.

I doubt it moron....I was only 19 years old.

Ah well then I'm sure you were outraged in 2006 when we found out that your hero George Bush was using warrentess wiretapping on US citizens since 2002, right?

Quote:
According to media reports, in 2002 President Bush signed a secret order authorizing the NSA to monitor e-mails, telephone calls and other communications of hundreds, and perhaps thousands, of U.S. citizens and foreign nationals without first obtaining warrants. Each involved the communications of a person who was in the United States communicating with a person abroad.
In January 2007, the Bush administration announced that it had abandoned its warrantless wiretapping program in favor of a new program it did not describe that is subject to approval of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:53 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Ah well then I'm sure you were outraged in 2006 when we found out that your hero George Bush was using warrentess wiretapping on US citizens since 2002, right?

Wouldn't that be WARRANTLESS ???

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next