Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: America getting better without OBAMA
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:29 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

That's right now they can dump all their pollution back into the streams again...must make you feel real good. Bet you would be crying like a little bitch if you lived anywhere near those streams...but hey it won't matter when the ACA is repealed the miners won't be covered from black lung disease so the pollution won't ending up killing them. Of course their children won't be as lucky...but what the heck they're only a bunch of billies anyway...right?

It may end up being a mute point though...

Quote:
Between 2007 and 2015, shale gas prices dropped almost in half, positioning natural gas to outprice coal mined in four of the five U.S. coal regions...the benchmark gas prices ("Henry Hub" prices) in the past four years [have been] cheaper than the coal of the two regions in Appalachian for over 88% of the months. Further, gas has been cheaper than the coal of Appalachia, Illinois, and the Rockies for over 57% of the months. Even the cheapest coal, in Wyoming's Powder River Basin, competes poorly in the great population centers east of the Mississippi once rail transport of $0.03 per ton-mile is considered. That prompted investment in pipelines and gas storage infrastructure that have made gas even more competitive.

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:33 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Bet you would be crying like a little bitch if you lived anywhere near those streams...

As if we lived somewhere near...GARY, INDIANA!!!!

Or Hammond...

Or Whiting...

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:14 pm 

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:26 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

Don't know why you have his third baby-mama's kid in the pic, but back at you!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:11 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:

Don't know why lefties like you claim to be "pro-female", but use of terms like "baby mama" show your true colors.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:38 am 

DOW 'Trump Bump' Biggest Post-Inaugural Move Since FDR

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:13 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:

Don't know why lefties like you claim to be "pro-female", but use of terms like "baby mama" show your true colors.

That's what it's called when you go from one to another... Especially when you are dealing with trophy wives. By the way like how the flo-hotus needed que cards for the Lord's Prayer?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:23 pm 

Milo Yiannopoulos Just Lost His Massive Book Deal And Got Booted From A Right-Wing Conference

One of your breitbart buddies just got booted...

Yiannopoulis was due to speak at the Conservative Political Action Conference in the US, but the group cancelled his invitation “due to the revelation of an offensive video in the past 24 hours condoning pedophilia”.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:08 pm 

Students, Staff Celebrate After School Drops Mooch Lunch Program

Making lunch great again!

The 0s have to be seething with anger. Everything they've done is being slowly undone. Ain't it great though.

Lunch is a drastically different experience now that Penn-Trafford High School is no longer bound by federal food regulations.

District officials removed the high school from the National School Lunch Program after years of struggling to comply with federal regulations that drove down student lunch participation and cafeteria revenues, the Tribune-Review reports.

The freedom from the strict restrictions on calories, fat, sugar, salt and other elements, came at the expense of federal funding to help cover free- and reduced-priced lunches for some students, but district business manager Brett Lago said the decision is already paying off in year one.

“We’ve lost, to date, about $40,000 worth of reimbursement, but our sales are up about $50,000 over last year,” he said. “Participation has gone from about 25 percent to 45 percent, and we’re still providing free lunches to all those students who would have been eligible under the school lunch program.”

Ditching the federal regulations allowed school food workers to redesign the cafeteria from a funnel system with few choices to a food court model with a deli and panini station, grill, main course counter and other stations, according to the news site.

“You get to choose what you want instead of being sort of funneled in and only having one choice,” junior Chase Zavarella said. “I think everyone is happier with the new selection.”

Senior Brianna Lander pointed to the cafeteria’s garbage cans as evidence that the new system is working better than the federal rules, which require all students to take a fruit or vegetable whether they wanted it or not.

“The trash cans were always full, sometimes overflowing,” Lander said. “You don’t see that now. People would go up to the snack line and get random junk food, where now you can get an actual meal and eat it.”

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:44 pm 

Trump Admin Strips Funding For Illegal Aliens, Reallocates Money To Victims Of Their Crimes

Funny how someone can do as he promised and act on many of those promises in his first 30 days, but the left says his administration is "disintegrating".

Speaking from the White House briefing room Tuesday, Press Secretary Sean Spicer announced the development of a new Immigration and Customs Enforcement office focused on helping victims of crimes committed by illegal aliens. The office will also assist family members of victims and is part of President Trump’s recent executive action to bolster enforcement of immigration laws already on the books.

“This office [Victims of Immigration Crime Engagement Office] will facilitate the engagement with victims and their families to ensure questions and concerns regarding immigration enforcement efforts are addressed,” Spicer said, adding that the establishment of the office fulfills a campaign promise.

Earlier today, Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly detailed the new office in a memo to all relevant agencies inside DHS.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:55 pm 

Swedish Democrats: Trump Was Right

So will this be reported by the mainstream media?

Two leading Swedish politicians have a message for President Trump’s critics: He’s right.

Per Jimmie Akesson and Mattias Karlsson, both leaders of the Sweden Democrats, penned a Wall Street Journal op-ed on Wednesday supporting Trump’s characterization of a Muslim immigrant-led crime crisis in Sweden.

“Mr. Trump did not exaggerate Sweden’s current problems,” Akesson and Karlsson wrote. “If anything, he understated them.”

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:26 pm 

Trump To Propose Historic Defense Spending Increases, Cut Back On EPA

Public safety and National Security. Can't wait to see who is going to dispute that.

New budget guidance by the Trump administration sent to federal agencies on Monday laid out “historic” increases to defense spending to be financed by cuts to other agencies including the EPA and State Department.

The guidance, which is expected to be included in President Trump’s budget blueprint he will release in mid-March, calls to increase military spending by $54 billion.

“This budget will be a public safety and national security budget and will include a historic increase in defense spending to rebuild the depleted military of the United States of America,” Trump said during a meeting with governors in the White House. “This defense spending increase will be offset and paid for finding greater savings and efficiencies across the federal government. We’re going to do more with less.”

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:24 pm 

Majority Of American Voters Think Trump Is Making Good On Promises

Mika Brzezinski hardest hit.

The majority of voters believe President Donald Trump is coming through on his campaign promises, according to a new Morning Consult/Politco poll.

Some 56 percent of Americans report thinking Trump is keeping the promises he made on the campaign trail. Just over a quarter, or 27 percent, of voters believe the president is not doing what he promised.

Trump voters overwhelmingly support the claim that Trump is making good on his promises, at 88 percent. Clinton voters, on the other hand, have a different take, with 50 percent thinking Trump is not sticking to his word.

The president promised a slew of changes on the campaign trail, promoting what he coined an “America First” agenda. His promises focused on bringing jobs back to the U.S., massively deregulating the economy, cutting taxes, boosting economic growth, renegotiating trade deals, and securing the southern U.S. border.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:30 pm 

CNN Poll: Americans Loved Trump Speech, 7 In 10 Said Moving Right Direction

Stunner, from CNN.

Members of the media weren’t the only ones to praise President Trump’s speech Tuesday evening, the American public loved it as well.

According to a new CNN/ORC poll, 57 percent of those who watched the president’s first address to Congress had a very positive reaction.

Almost 7-in-10 who tuned in said Trump’s proposed policies will move the country in the right direction, while the same amount said they felt more optimistic about the direction the country was heading under Trump. Nearly two-thirds also said the commander in chief has the right priorities for the U.S.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:16 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

Maybe not for long...Comrade!! Lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next