Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: America getting better without OBAMA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:05 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
That is the past...

Maybe you could link to the post where YOU called him out on it.

Because THAT was a whopper!

Obama’s Final Jobs Report Marks 75 Consecutive Months of Growth
Over two million jobs were created in 2016

Quote:
The final jobs report for 2016 shows that the U.S. economy has added just over 2 million jobs last year. The Labor Department reported on Friday morning that the U.S. economy added 156,000 jobs in December

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2017/01/december-jobs-report/512366/
That's an average of 166,000 a month

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:52 pm 

Sessions May Bring In Outside Lawyer To Investigate Obama-Era Abuses At DOJ

Great to hear that Sessions will be looking at Obama-era abuses. Sessions, just by his presence, drastically improves integrity at DOJ. If he can investigate and then prosecute the abuses of Holder/Lynch/Obama it would be icing on the cake. Oh, and he needs to clean out any Obama miscreants still employed at DOJ.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions told conservative radio personality Hugh Hewitt that he is open to hiring outside counsel to investigate internal practices at the Obama-era Department of Justice.

Hewitt asked Sessions if he would bring in an independent investigator to probe the Justice Department’s handling of controversies related to alleged bias at the IRS against conservative political groups seeking tax-exempt status, and the gun-running “Fast and Furious” scandal, in which federal law enforcement allowed gun dealers to sell firearms to illegal straw buyers. Those weapons were subsequently recovered at crime scenes in the United States and Mexico.

“Well I’m going to do everything I possibly can to restore the independence and professionalism of the Department of Justice,” Sessions said. “So we’ll have to consider whether or not some outside counsel is needed. Generally, a good review of that internally is the first step before any such decision is made.”

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:57 pm 

Illegal Border Crossings Drop 40 Percent In Trump’s First Full Month As President

President Trump is making good on his promises to protect our borders and return this nation to the rule of law.

The number of illegal immigrants crossing into the United States from Mexico declined by 40 percent from January to February, the Department of Homeland Security Secretary said late Wednesday.

The downturn came after President Donald Trump took office on Jan. 20 vowing to deport many of the estimated 11 million illegals in the United States.

The flow of illegal border crossings – measured by apprehensions and the prevention of ‘inadmissible persons’ apprehended at the southern border by U.S. Customs and Border Protection – dropped to 18,762 in February from 31,578 in January, DHS Secretary John Kelly said in a statement.

He said CBP, which compiled the data, historically sees a 10 percent to 20 percent increase in apprehensions of illegal immigrants from January to February.

On Jan. 25, Trump ordered the construction of a wall along the roughly 2,000-mile U.S.-Mexico border, moved to strip federal funding from ‘sanctuary’ states and cities that harbor illegal immigrants, and expanded the force of U.S. immigration agents.

‘Since the administration’s implementation of Executive Orders to enforce immigration laws, apprehensions and inadmissible activity is trending toward the lowest monthly total in at least the last five years,’ Kelly said.

‘The drop in apprehensions shows a marked change in trends,’ said Kelly. Trump took office January 20.

He stressed that the sharp decline means fewer people are taking the huge risk of putting their fate in the hands of human traffickers.

‘Early results show that enforcement matters, deterrence matters, and that comprehensive immigration enforcement can make an impact,’ said Kelly, one of Trumps’ closest allies on tightening border security and on the president’s controversial pledge to build a wall there.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:20 am 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
That is the past...

Maybe you could link to the post where YOU called him out on it.

Because THAT was a whopper!

...and before you go on about Feb. jobs growth...
Quote:
MAR 4, 2016 @ 08:45 AM
Jobs Report: 242,000 Jobs Added In February,

https://www.forbes.com/sites/samanthasharf/2016/03/04/jobs-report-242000-jobs-added-in-february-unemployment-rate-steady-at-4-9/#1835a66f61fa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:40 am 

My youngest nailed an excellent job right here in Northwest Indiana, as an Internal Financial Analyst with a branch of an international company, in the beginning of January. Big bucks job with excellent benefits. President Trump won, and the economy is rising.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:23 pm 

Remember this 'ol archie:
-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Well by that definition the liberals tried to destroy President Bush, and turn about is fair play.
I guess you can dish it out but then you cry when it happens to your boy.

Back at ya archie!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:38 pm 

Debt Decreases $60B Since Inauguration

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:46 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Obama urges end to name-calling
Chalk up another meaningless empty promise from the left that highlights their hypocrisy, and their do as I say, not as I do mentality.

How's that name calling thing going for you now...I could list the 100's of names 45 has called almost anyone that doesn't bow down to him, but we all have heard them over and over again.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:43 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Chalk up another meaningless empty promise from the left that highlights their hypocrisy, and their do as I say, not as I do mentality.

How's that name calling thing going for you now...I could list the 100's of names 45 has called almost anyone that doesn't bow down to him, but we all have heard them over and over again.

Everyone already knew Hillary was crooked.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:56 pm 

Trump has the golden touch in first full month in office: Construction boom fuels job growth, unemployment is down and wages are up

1st sentence is fake news. There was no recovery happening during the past 8 years. We are recovering from eight years that seemed endless.

U.S. employers added a robust 235,000 jobs in February and wages rose at a healthy clip, a sign the economy remains on solid footing after nearly eight years of recovery.

The Labor Department says the unemployment rate fell to a low 4.7 percent from 4.8 percent.

More Americans launched job searches, lifting the proportion of Americans working or looking for work to the highest level in nearly a year.

And the labor force participation rate rose to 63 percent, a high water mark since ten months ago. That jump is an indication that people who have been on the sidelines are rejoining the labor market.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:46 am 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

Everyone already knew Hillary was crooked.

...and why 45 has that "golden" hue

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:49 am 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

See they know too!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:04 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Trump has the golden touch in first full month in office: Construction boom fuels job growth, unemployment is down and wages are up

1st sentence is fake news. There was no recovery happening during the past 8 years. We are recovering from eight years that seemed endless.

U.S. employers added a robust 235,000 jobs in February and wages rose at a healthy clip, a sign the economy remains on solid footing after nearly eight years of recovery.

The Labor Department says the unemployment rate fell to a low 4.7 percent from 4.8 percent.

More Americans launched job searches, lifting the proportion of Americans working or looking for work to the highest level in nearly a year.

And the labor force participation rate rose to 63 percent, a high water mark since ten months ago. That jump is an indication that people who have been on the sidelines are rejoining the labor market.

As you can see, no comment from chuckaluck on my post about my youngest nailing an excellent paying job with great benefits, AFTER President Trump won the election.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:27 pm 

Tiger1 wrote:
As you can see, no comment from chuckaluck on my post about my youngest nailing an excellent paying job with great benefits, AFTER President Trump won the election.

Well Tigger I'm glad your youngest got a job...what that has to do with 45 I do not know. I could say that my oldest graduated Valpo with a law degree and is now a partner in her law firm, and my middle one got her masters from IUN and now a teacher in Highland all during President Obama's tenure.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:02 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:

Well Tigger I'm glad your youngest got a job...what that has to do with 45 I do not know. I could say that my oldest graduated Valpo with a law degree and is now a partner in her law firm, and my middle one got her masters from IUN and now a teacher in Highland all during President Obama's tenure.

'
My youngest daughter was originally interviewed for the job last year in March, but the company decided to not hire anyone, as the economy was bad. They called her back in the beginning of December, re-interviewed her, and hired her immediately. As soon as President Trump got elected, the economy started to pick up, as did the increase in jobs. FYI, my middle daughter got a big promotion at her job, AFTER President Trump was elected, also.
The economy has picked up, no denying it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next