Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: America getting better without OBAMA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:35 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Nothing long term has been accomplished.[/b][/color]

Just getting started, first and foremost we have to dismantle all of 0's damage.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:13 pm 

Trump Is Methodically Undoing Obama’s Policies Bit By Bit

Underneath all the drama of Russia, spying and Obamacare, Trump is actually undoing Obama.

Amid the turmoil over staff shake-ups, blocked travel bans and the Russia cloud hanging overhead, President Donald Trump is steadily plugging away at a major piece of his agenda: Undoing Obama.

From abortion to energy to climate change and personal investments, Trump is keeping his promises in methodically overturning regulations and policies adopted when Barack Obama was president.

It hasn’t all been smooth sailing.

Trump recently failed to fulfill his pledge to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, which continues to stand as Obama’s most recognizable domestic policy achievement.

Trump and House Speaker Paul Ryan couldn’t persuade enough fellow Republicans to back new health care legislation last month. Ryan pulled the measure just before a scheduled House vote.

Trump has had better outcomes in other areas.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:28 pm 

New Coal Mine Opening To Fuel U.S. Steel Industry

Support for traditional energy brings jobs and economic growth.

A new coal mine is opening up in western Pennsylvania, signaling a small reversal of fortune for the beleaguered coal industry.

The Acosta Deep coal mine will create 70 to 100 direct full-time jobs and another 500 indirect jobs, according to Corsa Coal, the company building the mine. The site is expected to produce 400,000 tons of coal a year, mostly for U.S. and Chinese steel companies.

“The opening of the Acosta Deep Mine marks a return to coal industry job creation in Somerset County, Pennsylvania,” Corsa Coal officials said in a statement. “Metallurgical prices have risen to record levels on the strength of strong steel demand and supply scarcity.”

The Acosta mine is the first of four new coal mines slated to open up this year as coking coal prices continue to soar. The price of coking coal, which is used in steel making, doubled in the last year because of supply disruptions in Australia and Chinese policies to curb some coal-fired energy production.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:39 am 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
New Coal Mine Opening To Fuel U.S. Steel Industry

Support for traditional energy brings jobs and economic growth.

A new coal mine is opening up in western Pennsylvania, signaling a small reversal of fortune for the beleaguered coal industry.

The Acosta Deep coal mine will create 70 to 100 direct full-time jobs and another 500 indirect jobs, according to Corsa Coal, the company building the mine. The site is expected to produce 400,000 tons of coal a year, mostly for U.S. and Chinese steel companies.

“The opening of the Acosta Deep Mine marks a return to coal industry job creation in Somerset County, Pennsylvania,” Corsa Coal officials said in a statement. “Metallurgical prices have risen to record levels on the strength of strong steel demand and supply scarcity.”

The Acosta mine is the first of four new coal mines slated to open up this year as coking coal prices continue to soar. The price of coking coal, which is used in steel making, doubled in the last year because of supply disruptions in Australia and Chinese policies to curb some coal-fired energy production.

I am glad to see this, as my family were coal miners in Pennsylvania. No coal, no jobs.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:16 pm 

Tiger1 wrote:
I am glad to see this, as my family were coal miners in Pennsylvania. No coal, no jobs.

Sure...let's keep USA in the 1800's with fossil fuels and not have any fore-sight to explore other forms of energy. Simple solutions for the simple minded...

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:06 pm 

..and you fools thought Obama wasn't a Christian. Just compare the two press releases concerning Easter

Quote:
Statement by the President Obama on Easter

Michelle and I join our fellow Christians in observing Good Friday and celebrating Easter this weekend. This is a time to remember the sacrifices made for us and hold all who suffer close to our hearts. Yet it is also a time to rejoice, give thanks for the Resurrection, and unite with Christians around the world in proclaiming, "Christ has risen; He has risen indeed." We wish all who celebrate a blessed and joyful Easter.

Trump spends Easter morning tweeting about tax returns and how he won the election
Quote:
“Happy Easter to everyone!” Trump wrote in one tweet, soon before getting to what was really on his mind.

Quote:
I did what was an almost an impossible thing to do for a Republican-easily won the Electoral College! Now Tax Returns are brought up again?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:08 pm 

...or this one

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:54 pm 

Trump Signs Bill Allowing Veterans To Seek Care Outside Broken VA System

That makes me happy that finally some of the VA issues may be addressed. But there’s still a lot more to do.

President Trump signed legislation Wednesday that will dramatically expand a program at the Department of Veterans Affairs that lets patients seek care from private doctors if they want to bypass the troubled VA system.

The Veterans Choice Improvement Act removes barriers that Congress placed around the original “choice” initiative and eliminates an expiration date that would have shuttered the program in August.

Lawmakers created the choice program in 2014 after a massive scandal involving wait time cover-ups at more than 100 VA facilities around the country. It was initially structured as a two-year pilot program that limited when and where veterans could choose to see private doctors. Patients could only use the choice program if they lived more than 40 miles from the nearest VA hospital or if they could not get an appointment from their local VA facility within 30 days.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:05 pm 

Trump order could undo designation of national monuments: report

This could help free land and seas that Obama put off limits to ranchers, farmers and fisherman, greatly harming local economies.

President Trump will sign an executive order on Wednesday instructing the Department of the Interior to review the designations of national monuments by his predecessors, according to the Salt Lake Tribune.

Trump’s order reportedly will instruct Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke to examine those designations to determine whether they were within the scope of a century-old law that allows presidents to set aside federal lands without congressional approval.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:04 pm 

Mnuchin vows 'biggest tax cut' in US history, confirms plan to slash business rate

Markets should go nuts.

Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin confirmed Wednesday that the Trump administration aims to lower business tax rates to 15 percent, saying a forthcoming proposal will constitute the “biggest tax cut” for Americans in history.

“This is going to be the biggest tax cut and the largest tax reform in the history of our country,” Mnuchin said, as administration officials prepare to outline Wednesday afternoon what he described as “principles” of their tax plan.

Mnuchin, speaking at a Washington forum, would not reveal many specifics but confirmed that they want to lower the business rate to 15 percent.

“I will confirm that the business tax is going to be 15 percent,” he said. “[Trump] thinks that’s absolutely critical to drive growth.”

He indicated that the rate for small businesses and the corporate tax would both drop to 15 percent. The top small business rate is 39.6 percent; the current corporate tax is 35 percent.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:00 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
Nothing long term has been accomplished.[/b][/color]

Just getting started, first and foremost we have to dismantle all of 0's damage.

USDA To Rollback Michelle Obama Meal Standards

Make food taste like food again.

Newly minted Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue is expected to unveil a new rule Monday aimed at giving schools more flexibility in meeting federal nutrition standards for school lunches.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced Friday that Perdue and Sen. Pat Roberts (R-Kan.) will make the announcement at the Catoctin Elementary School in Leesburg, Va., where they are expected to eat lunch with the students.

Republicans have long been trying to dial back the standards that became a pillar of former first lady Michelle Obama’s initiative to curb childhood obesity in the U.S.

Roberts introduced legislation with Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.) last year to give schools two more years to meet new reductions on sodium, but the bill never passed.

Renewed efforts to ease the federal standards came as disappointing news to some advocates.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:08 pm 

Appeals Court Halts Case On Obama-Era Clean Power Plan, Paves Way For Dismantling Of Carbon Emissions Rule

Shredding the Obama environmental legacy one onerous rule at a time. More winning for the American people.

In a major victory for the White House, the D.C. Court of Appeals on Friday suspended a case on the Obama-era Clean Power Plan, paving the way for the administration to dismantle the rule without interference from the courts.

President and Trump and Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt want to formally undo the plan, which would’ve set the first national limits on carbon emissions from power plants. The proposal was a cornerstone of former President Obama’s environmental agenda.

After lawsuits from energy companies and Republican state officials, including Mr. Pruitt, the plan was stayed by a federal court last year. The D.C. court was expected to soon rule on whether the proposal violated the federal Clean Air Act, which had been the chief legal argument against the proposal.

Friday’s decision removes the possibility that a court could step in and declare the plan perfectly lawful even as the administration begins undoing it. Such a scenario would’ve been politically embarrassing for the EPA and would’ve represented a significant win for environmental activists.

Now, without court interference, it looks as if the Clean Power Plan is destined for the ash heap.

“Today’s decision by the court is a positive step toward protecting West Virginia coal miners and those who depend upon their success,” said West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey, one of the Republican officials who depend upon their success,” said West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey, one of the Republican officials who challenged the plan in court. “The court recognized the landscape has changed and that a decision on the merits is not appropriate at this time.”

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:01 pm 

Unemployment drops to lowest level in a decade

LMSM will credit Obama's policies as still being in the system.

Hiring in the United States rebounded in April as employers added a brisk 211,000 jobs, a sign that the economy’s slump in the first three months of the year could prove temporary.

The unemployment rate dipped to 4.4 percent — its lowest point in a decade — from 4.5 percent in March.

The figures suggest that businesses expect consumer demand to rebound after a lackluster first quarter, when Americans increased spending at the slowest pace in seven years, and will need more employees.

Still, average paychecks grew more slowly in April, increasing 2.5 percent over the past 12 months, below March’s year-over-year gain. Typically, employers are forced to pay more as they compete for a smaller pool of unemployed workers. Hourly pay gains are usually closer to 3.5 percent in a strong economy.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:30 pm 

Trump Aims to Eliminate Redundant Government Hiring

The things that are actually being done are not being covered by media which is covering Democratic talking points.

Mick Mulvaney, director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), calls it “the biggest story that nobody is talking about.”

By that he means President Trump’s executive order to restructure the federal government, making it leaner, more efficient and more accountable.

It’s not hard to find federal programs that are duplicative, ineffective or even counterproductive. Most any federal employee will gladly point out examples of government policies that waste taxpayer dollars and make their jobs more difficult than needed.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:26 pm 

P.J. O'Rourke

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next