Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: To Russia with Love
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:49 pm 

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

Post subject: Re: To Russia with Love
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:56 pm 

Typical liberal, you got owned on the last two times you posted so you just change the subject, with some meme you found in the liberal echo chamber.

If Trump is connected to the Russians why did 0 promise to be more flexible with them after his re-election, and why did HRC sell them Uranium?

Once again your strawmen are just a cudgel when you need to smear your opponent.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:02 pm 

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:17 pm 

Obama Admin Blocked FBI Director’s Offer To Reveal Russian Meddling

Who has those Russian connections? Hmm, did Obama scotch it because of his ‘flexibility’ promise to Vladimir?

FBI Director James Comey planned to write an op-ed early last summer making the case that Russia was meddling in the U.S. election, but other top Obama administration officials vetoed the idea.

That’s according to a report from Newsweek magazine.

“The White House shut it down,” one source told the magazine of Comey’s op-ed offer. “They did their usual — nothing.”

The revelation, if accurate, would appear to suggest that the Obama administration did not take Russia’s meddling in the presidential campaign as seriously as many Democrats would have liked.

Keep reading…

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:20 pm 

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:28 am 

Aren't you tired of supporting these hypocritical "flag waving" rethuglicons???
Case in point:

Immunity ‘means you probably committed a crime,’ Michael Flynn said in 2016
Quote:
Flynn saw immunity differently in September, 2016, when reports surfaced that aides around Hillary Clinton had been granted immunity by the government in exchange for talking freely to the FBI about Clinton’s private email server.

Quote:
‘‘When you are given immunity, that means you probably committed a crime,’’ Flynn, then a top campaign aide to Donald Trump, said on Meet the Press.

That same month then-Trump communications adviser Jason Miller said much the same thing.

Wow how times have changed....
Quote:
Trump defends Flynn immunity request amid Russia probe

I'll have to show you my new bumper sticker:
Elect a Clown
Expect a Circus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:40 pm 

What a difference time makes...boot-licker for 45

Sessions used to warn that Putin wanted to put countries back under the “Soviet boot”
Quote:
On the Senate floor in September 2008, Sessions detailed his thinking on the matter:

Putin might again be seeking to restore old Soviet ideas of dominance throughout their neighbors and in Eastern Europe, all of which should serve as a motivation to move ahead with the necessary capabilities to defend ourselves and our allies from missile attack, in particular.

Sessions’s public criticism of Putin shaped how he voted in the Senate
Quote:
In 2010, the Alabama senator voted against the New START treaty reducing nuclear weapons, arguing it made the United States too vulnerable. He made it very clear he felt the Russians were given too much in the deal, and the United States not enough.

Quote:
Sessions was notably strident in 2014 when he called for increased sanctions and Russia’s ouster from the G8 group of nations. Russia, he said publicly, should be made to “feel pain” over Putin’s aggressive movement into Ukraine and (then expected) military movement from Moscow into Crimea

Meet the new Jeff Sessions, fan of reaching out a hand to Putin
Quote:
At a March 17, 2016, breakfast meeting, reported on by USA Today, Sessions said “an argument can be made there is no reason for the U.S. and Russia to be at this loggerheads.”

“Somehow, someway we ought to be able to break that logjam,” he said. “Putin may not be able to be dealt with, but I don’t condemn [Trump’s] instincts that we ought to attempt to do that.”

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:37 pm 

Head Dem On Intel Committee Adam Schiff: Cannot Say “Definitively” Any Trump-Russia Collusion

No one has found one thing they can point to, and this guy was claiming last week he had “more than circumstantial evidence.” Yet they keep pushing it.

The House Intelligence committee’s top Democrat said Sunday that it is too early to say whether there was collusion between the Trump team and Russia, in an apparent moderation of his past claims on the subject.

Schiff’s remarks come as his committee probes any potential Trump team-Russia coordination as well as the leaks that precipitated the resignation of former national security adviser Mike Flynn as part of a broader investigation into Russian meddling.

“I don’t think we can say anything definitively at this point,” Schiff said on CNN’s State of the Union when asked about potential collusion. “We are still at the very early stage of the investigation.”

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:43 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Head Dem On Intel Committee Adam Schiff: Cannot Say “Definitively” Any Trump-Russia Collusion

No one has found one thing they can point to, and this guy was claiming last week he had “more than circumstantial evidence.” Yet they keep pushing it.

The House Intelligence committee’s top Democrat said Sunday that it is too early to say whether there was collusion between the Trump team and Russia, in an apparent moderation of his past claims on the subject.

Schiff’s remarks come as his committee probes any potential Trump team-Russia coordination as well as the leaks that precipitated the resignation of former national security adviser Mike Flynn as part of a broader investigation into Russian meddling.

The committee can't say anything because all they have is b.s. and innuendo.

“I don’t think we can say anything definitively at this point,” Schiff said on CNN’s State of the Union when asked about potential collusion. “We are still at the very early stage of the investigation.”

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:57 pm 

Trump campaign adviser met with Russian intel operative

These guys sure do love the ruskies...
Quote:
WASHINGTON — A foreign policy adviser to Donald Trump's presidential campaign met with a Russian intelligence operative in 2013 and provided him documents about the energy industry, according to court filings.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:59 pm 

Is this ever going to stop??

Blackwater founder held secret meeting to establish Trump-Putin contact
Quote:
The United Arab Emirates arranged a secret meeting in January between Blackwater founder Erik Prince and a Russian close to President Vladi­mir Putin as part of an apparent effort to establish a back-channel line of communication between Moscow and President-elect Donald Trump, according to U.S., European and Arab officials.
The meeting took place around Jan. 11 — nine days before Trump’s inauguration — in the Seychelles islands in the Indian Ocean.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:50 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
These guys sure do love the ruskies...

I know...right!?[/s]

Podesta Still Hasn’t Explained Where 41,000 Stock Shares For His Russian Funded Company Went

So he may have had the continuing Russian connection that he didn’t declare while he was Hillary’s campaign manager. But no problem, because he’s a Democrat

John Podesta, Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign chairman, has not accounted for thousands of shares he was given by a company where he served on the board of directors with three powerful business figures with close ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“Your letter does not respond to the substance of the article, which concerns the whereabouts of 75,000 shares of stock in Joule that Mr. Podesta was entitled to receive,” The Daily Caller News Foundation’s publisher, Neil Patel, said. “The fact that Mr. Podesta, a senior national political figure, apparently sat on the board of Joule with Russian state-owned entities only elevates the importance of this matter.”

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:51 am 

Fresh evidence the Russia ‘scandal’ is a Team Obama operation

She is just lying tocovering up for 0, just like she did with Benghazi. Lying is a natural attribute required to be a Democrat.

Do you suspect that the noise over Trump campaign contacts with the Russians is just a political hit arranged by Obama insiders before they left? You got fresh evidence of that Monday, with news that then-national security adviser Susan Rice was behind the “unmasking” of Trumpites in transcripts of calls with Russian officials.

Again, nothing on the public record so far shows that anyone on Team Trump said anything improper on those calls.

It’s no surprise that US spooks intercept foreign officials’ calls. But intelligence community reports don’t disclose the names of US citizens on the other end. To get that info, a high official must (but rarely does) push to “unmask” the Americans’ names.

Bloomberg’s Eli Lake now reports that Rice started doing just that last year.

That was perfectly legal. But we also know that the Obama administration later changed the classification of the “unmasked” transcripts, and other similar material, in order to spread the information as widely as possible within the government.

The motive for that was (supposedly) to prevent Team Trump from burying it all once it took over. But the result was that it made it relatively safe for someone (or someones) to leak the info to the press.

Which made it likely somebody would leak. So Team Obama’s “spread the info” initiative certainly broke the spirit of the laws.

Those leaks have produced a nagging political sore for the new administration — leading to the ouster of national security adviser Michael Flynn, helping to drive down President Trump’s approval ratings and making it harder for him to push his program through.

Rice certainly wasn’t politically naive about the political uses of intelligence information. She was, after all, the Obama official who famously made the rounds spouting the false “Our intel says it was about the video” line on the Benghazi attack back during the 2012 campaign.

All of this puts the actions of House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes in clearer perspective. After viewing the Rice requests at the White House, he disclosed that Trump officials had been caught up in incidental surveillance.

All of which is a reminder that two issues are in play here: Russian meddling in the election, about which the nation already knows plenty — and the Obama team’s efforts to sabotage Team Trump.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:08 pm 

Now we know why Trump panicked about Russia probe
Quote:
The Trump administration sought to block former acting attorney general Sally Yates from testifying to Congress in the House investigation of links between Russian officials and Donald Trump’s presidential campaign.

Quote:
Moreover, it makes the decision House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) (who remains under fire for his bizarre secret trip to the White House to view alleged information from some unidentified source, which he still has not revealed to other members of the committee) made to cancel an open hearing look once again like water-carrying for the White House.

Quote:
Republicans may be reading polling showing Trump’s approval dropping and support for an independent commission rising. (In the latest Quinnipiac poll voters favor an independent inquest by a 66 to 29 percent margin.)

Quote:
UPDATE: As he often does, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) gets off the best line regarding Nunes: “The problem that he’s created is he’s gone off on a lark by himself, sort of an Inspector Clouseau investigation here.” Indeed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:09 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

...and she called them all basically liars today!