Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 7:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:46 am 

You KNOW I don't hate Mexicans. i am just curious to hear your defense of an unsecured border.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:02 am 
Banned

Free, it was just a generalized statement for those on this forum who HAVE reveal their particular hate. Anyways, YES, our borders SHOULD be secured, no problemo. However, Canada NOR Mexico are our enemies, and since we all three nations comprised North America(we all share the same borders), we should have exemptions on many things, including immigration. JUST the fact we share a common border means there ought to be special exemptions, on BOTH sides. Why be like the Middle East, Europe, Asian, where they have built WALLS between themselves, after killing each other off to the tune of millions? We're NORTH AMERICA, let's be different, and not haters of each other.~~~:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:34 am 

I agree our boarders should be secured, I also believe anyone entering the country illegally should be sent back and required to follow the proper procedure for legal immigration.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:37 am 

I like that in theory. These days, however, you have to take off your shoes to board a plane, among many other indignities for security reasons, but anyone who wants to come here and mess with us can do it. I agree we should have a VERY close relationship with Mexico. You'd think the powers that be would be trying to get us oil l from Mexico instead of Arabia. It's all so stupid!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:47 am 
Banned

Exactly, did you know that Mexico is fourth in world oil? Second in silver; 5th in gold? And that Mexico is NOT a 3rd world nation, it is the ONLY nation that has the status of being a 2nd World nation, and this, since the 1960s! It ranks as 11th in economic power, since the.....60s! We all talk about the extremes, First and Third worlds, but, EVERYONE has forgotton the 2nd world status, a nation that is between both first and third.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:58 am 

Agree. But you have to acknowledge people have been fed a lot of propaganda about Mexico.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:18 am 
Banned

AGAIN, exactly. Instead of looking at all its plus'es, the haters just concentrate on immigrants and drugs. HOWEVER, when I tell them, many times, face to face, that the problem of drugs is the DEMAND factor, they go past that and proceed to talk about the suppliers, instead of the consumers! If there was no demand, there wouldn't be a supply! And, in other words, its our fault, the US, that drugs are coming over the border, because the US is the No. 1 nation in the WORLD who consumes the most drugs! Then we're going to blame the Mexicans for our evil, drug habits!!!!!