Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Scrape the Bottom - Vote for Rodham
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:37 pm 

Hillary To Get Roll Call At Convention

Oh boy… I think it’s gonna be an ugly scene!

Quote:
Democrats say Hillary Rodham Clinton’s name will be placed in nomination at the convention in Denver with a roll call for the vanquished rival of nominee-in-waiting Barack Obama.
The party will officially nominate Obama at the convention. But Democrats familiar with the discussions say the former rivals made a joint decision to place Clinton’s name in nomination and do a traditional role [sic] call of the state delegations.

Details and mechanics of how that will happen still are being worked out.

I’ll be sure to cook up some popcorn that night!

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

Post subject: Re: Scrape the Bottom - Vote for Rodham
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:42 pm 

:happy1:

Riots in Denver by Farrakhan, Wright, and Ayers.

:headbang:

'Gitmo On The Platte' Set As Holding Cell For DNC
Written By Rick Sallinger

DENVER (CBS4) ― CBS4 News has learned if mass arrests happen at the Democratic Convention, those taken into custody will be jailed in a warehouse owned by the City of Denver. Investigator Rick Sallinger discovered the location and managed to get inside for a look.

The newly created lockup is on the northeast side of Denver. Protesters have already given this place a name: "Gitmo on the Platte."

Inside are dozens are metal cages. They are made out of chain link fence material and topped by rolls of barbed wire.

"This is a secured environment," Capt. Frank Gale of the Denver Sheriff's Department told CBS4. "We're concerned about how that's going to be utilized by people who will be potentially disruptive."

http://cbs4denver.com/denver2008/denver ... 93930.html

I hope the Fire Department is ready....Things could get hot.... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:48 pm 
Banned

HaHaHa...You guys crack me up.....

.Hillary will be getting the respect she earned and deserves and so will the 18,000,000 Americans who voted for her. I'd be a lot more concerned if she was denied those accolades.
Can anyone say landslide?

Now OTOH,it's going to be a real hoot watching the Ron Paul supporters at the funeral being held in Minneapolis :D They're proud,they're loud,and their not too happy with their party's choice.

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:51 pm 

Artie60438 wrote:

.Hillary will be getting the respect she earned and deserves and so will the 18,000,000 Americans who voted for her. I'd be a lot more concerned if she was denied those accolades.
Can anyone say landslide?

Now OTOH,it's going to be a real hoot watching the Ron Paul supporters at the funeral being held in Minneapolis :D They're proud,they're loud,and their not too happy with their party's choice.

Yeah and Hillary is getting the respect she deserves???? All the while as she slaps Obama right in the face! She lost, and I could really care less how many voted for her, she LOST

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:53 pm 

Artie60438 wrote:

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:56 pm 

faceit12 wrote:
Hillary will be getting the respect she earned and deserves and so will the 18,000,000 Americans who voted for her.

:protest:

Actually, John McCain will be getting 30% of those votes according to polling data which indicated that if Hillary lost her primary bid, those supporters would vote for McCain.

:wav:

Proof that there is intelligent life in the Democrat Party.

:smt006

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:57 pm 
Banned

Looks like someone has no answer to what I posted so the child decides to post an off-topic picture designed to harass. How sad.

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:58 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Is that Artie's Convention outfit..?

I like the green one better........ :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:00 pm 

Artie60438 wrote:
Looks like someone has no answer to what I posted so the child decides to post an off-topic picture designed to harass. How sad.

:laughing3:

The Convention in Denver is going to be a hoot.

Bring the popcorn, arclight, I'll get the drinks.

:occasion5:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:11 pm 
Banned

USMarine wrote:
Is that Artie's Convention outfit..?

I like the green one better........ :lol:

Ahhh yes...When faced with posts they can't answer the righties respond like frustrated children in 5th grade. How sad they are unable to discuss things like adults.

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:22 am 

Nightmare on Dem Street

For months now people have been saying to me, "Do you really think they're gone?" "Is it finally over?" "Is the coast clear?"

The questions have been in response to Barack Obama's supposedly yeoman service in putting an end to the Clintons in public life.

My response to those who believe our long national nightmare is over has always been: "Have you seen no monster movies?"

Freddy Krueger always comes back. Jason re-emerges from the pond one more time. Dracula had so many comebacks, nobody was surprised to see him hanging with Abbott and Costello.

Of course the Clintons will be back.

If the monster-movie thing is too offensive for you Clinton voluptuaries out there, think of it like this: They're like Richard Gere in "An Officer and a Gentleman" (who, coincidentally, is hounded by a charismatic black dude but never gives up). They've got no place else to go.

And I was right. The Clintons are back. The coffin lid has sprung open, the seal of the crypt has been broken, the mutant virus has escaped the lab. Both Clintons will speak at the Democratic convention, and Hillary will get her I-told-you-so's.

In the horror flicks, it's not that the creatures are impervious to damage, it's that no matter how much you hack them up, they seem to come back again. And again. And again. The Clintons have been horribly damaged, but they press on.

Bill Clinton is no supernatural serial killer - faint praise to most, too generous to a few. But he does have this juggernaut-like way of getting where he wants to be. One of his special powers is superhuman passive-aggressiveness. When recently asked if Obama was qualified to be president, Clinton responded, "You can argue that nobody is ready to be president." Pressed again about Obama's qualifications to be president, Clinton explained, "I never said he wasn't qualified. The Constitution sets qualification for the president. And then the people decide who they think would be the better president." Continued...

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:19 pm 
Banned

How funny and ironic would it be if Hillary if gets the VP slot? The righties have been consistently wrong all along. This would just be icing on the cake.

Anyone remember 'Operation Chaos"? How'd that end up working out :smt005

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:44 am 

Rep.: Half of House Dems may vote Hillary at DNC

Rep. Loretta Sanchez says she’s happy for the chance to vote for Hillary Rodham Clinton at the Democratic National Convention — and she predicts that as many as half of the Democrats in the House could join her.

Just how many former Clinton supporters will vote for the former first lady during the symbolic first ballot is anybody’s guess, but each of them will be called upon to do so — whether they want to or not.

On Friday, the Obama campaign confirmed that the floor vote in Denver, intended to assuage Clinton supporters still stewing over her narrow loss, will be conducted as a state-by-state roll call. Under proposed convention bylaws, delegates would be forced to register their votes on a tally sheet with the convention secretary — the rules could be altered or suspended before the start of the convention.

“By putting her name in nomination, you're putting people on the spot,” said former delegate counter Matt Seyfang, adding a second potential drawback: “Having a roll call ... just chews into your broadcast time.”

That's it moonbats, keep the wound nice and fresh.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:28 pm 

Unnamed backers of Hillary have begun a massive e-mail campaign to derail Obama at convention

Hillary Clinton’s supporters will not go quietly, it seems. According to a Scripps-Howard report this morning, unnamed backers of Hillary have begun a “massive” e-mail campaign insisting that she won more votes and is the only electable candidate in 2008. Perhaps, in consideration of the polling free-fall Barack Obama has experienced this summer, they may have a point (via TMV):

Quote:
A massive e-mail and Internet campaign is under way aimed at derailing the nomination of Barack Obama and making Hillary Clinton the party’s standard bearer next week at the Democratic National Convention in Denver. …

Most of the messages Lowery has received from across the country come from Hillary supporters making the case that she won more voters’ votes in the primaries, she won bigger states, that Obama won states that won’t vote Democratic in November, and that she is the only “electable” Democrat.

I’m not sure how electable Hillary would be, but Obama’s looking pretty weak at the moment. Having jettisoned reform, he’s not shown any substantial reason why people should vote for him, which has resulted in double-digit swings in several national polls, with Zogby/Reuters showing him five points behind John McCain. The PUMAs may have a point, at least in terms of Obama’s prospects.

However, the insurgent campaign among Democrats has an ugly tone to it, according to some who have seen the e-mails:

Quote:
A pledged Obama delegate, [county party chair Keith] Norman noted that some of the attacks are overtly racist and that in one instance Obama was likened to “the Anti-Christ.”

Hold the phone! Didn’t Obama accuse Republicans of these tactics? When can we look forward to Obama appearing on national television accusing Democrats of being racist and xenophobic, and especially Hillary Clinton supporters? We have seen much more evidence of that than anything Team Obama has ever produced from McCain’s campaign or the RNC, which Obama has repeatedly smeared as racist.

Things could get very interesting in Denver next week, folks.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:06 pm 

I wasn't sure if I should post this here or to the O'Bama flip flop thread, but it is just another glaring example that you cannot trust a single word out of his mouth.

Hillary gets stiffed

There’s one Democrat who would seem to have little or no chance of being picked by Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) to be his running mate – his former opponent, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.).

But it’s not for the reason you think.

Obama has often said, most recently on NBC’s “Meet the Press” on July 27, that Clinton “would be on anybody’s short list.”

But apparently not his.

“She was never vetted
,” a Democratic official reported. “She was not asked for a single piece of paper. She and Senator Obama have never had a single conversation about it. How would he know if she’d take it?”

The official also said Clinton never met with Obama’s vetting team of Eric Holder and Caroline Kennedy.

And the official said she was never asked for medical records or for any financial 2008 information about her or former President Bill Clinton. The last information the couple has disclosed about taxes and financial holdings was for 2007.

P.J. O'Rourke

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next