Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61
 Post subject: Re: Damn, it feels good to be a Republican!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:29 pm 

WASH POST SHOCK POLL: Trump still beats Clinton, 43%-40%

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:44 pm 

Trump to Announce Slate of Conservative Federal Court Nominees

Changing the courts will change things for decades. The main reason I supported Trump was to do exactly that.

WASHINGTON — Having filled a Supreme Court vacancy, President Trump is turning his attention to the more than 120 openings on the lower federal courts. On Monday, he will announce a slate of 10 nominees to those courts, a senior White House official said, the first in what could be near monthly waves of nominations.

The White House counsel, Donald F. McGahn II, said the nominations were a vindication of a commitment Mr. Trump made during the campaign “to appoint strong and principled jurists to the federal bench who will enforce the Constitution’s limits on federal power and protect the liberty of all Americans.”

The administration continues to draw on lists of 21 potential Supreme Court nominees, put together with the help of the conservative Federalist Society and Heritage Foundation, that Mr. Trump issued during the campaign. But it is looking at other sources, too, the White House official said. Mr. McGahn, who has supervised the selection of the nominees, is looking for scholarly credentials and “intellectual boldness,” among other qualities, the official added.

Jonathan H. Adler, a law professor at Case Western Reserve University, said the appeals court picks on Mr. Trump’s list included “incredibly strong nominees” who were within the judicial mainstream and should “have an intellectual influence on their courts.”

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:50 am 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Trump to Announce Slate of Conservative Federal Court Nominees

Changing the courts will change things for decades. The main reason I supported Trump was to do exactly that.

WASHINGTON — Having filled a Supreme Court vacancy, President Trump is turning his attention to the more than 120 openings on the lower federal courts. On Monday, he will announce a slate of 10 nominees to those courts, a senior White House official said, the first in what could be near monthly waves of nominations.

The White House counsel, Donald F. McGahn II, said the nominations were a vindication of a commitment Mr. Trump made during the campaign “to appoint strong and principled jurists to the federal bench who will enforce the Constitution’s limits on federal power and protect the liberty of all Americans.”

The administration continues to draw on lists of 21 potential Supreme Court nominees, put together with the help of the conservative Federalist Society and Heritage Foundation, that Mr. Trump issued during the campaign. But it is looking at other sources, too, the White House official said. Mr. McGahn, who has supervised the selection of the nominees, is looking for scholarly credentials and “intellectual boldness,” among other qualities, the official added.

Jonathan H. Adler, a law professor at Case Western Reserve University, said the appeals court picks on Mr. Trump’s list included “incredibly strong nominees” who were within the judicial mainstream and should “have an intellectual influence on their courts.”

I cannot wait !!! :D

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:58 pm 

Republican wins Montana election one night after being charged with assault

Just goes to show how fed up regular people are with the party of Hillary and Obama.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:45 pm 

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:48 am 

And now, Trump finds himself in the midst of his worst extended poll run of his presidency. Starting on May 28 when Gallup put his job approval at 42%, Trump has been sliding downward. The latest Gallup track on June 3 put Trump's job approval at a dismal 36% -- a single percentage point away from the lowest ebb of his time in the White House. (On March 28, Trump's job approval was at 35%.)

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:52 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
And now, Trump finds himself in the midst of his worst extended poll run of his presidency. Starting on May 28 when Gallup put his job approval at 42%, Trump has been sliding downward. The latest Gallup track on June 3 put Trump's job approval at a dismal 36% -- a single percentage point away from the lowest ebb of his time in the White House. (On March 28, Trump's job approval was at 35%.)

Aren't those the same polls that predicted Hillary winning with a 6% margin?

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:13 am 

Trump Approval Rating Better Than Bill Clinton at This Point in First Term

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:32 pm 

Romanian President: We’re Increasing Our NATO Contribution Because Of Trump

When Donald Trump speaks the would listens.
Paging Angela Merkel.

Romanian President Klaus Iohannis said Friday that his country is increasing its contribution to NATO after hearing President Donald Trump’s speech last month at NATO headquarters in Brussels.

During a joint press conference at the White House, Trump praised Iohannis for committing to increase Romania’s defense spending to NATO from 1.4 percent to two percent, as Trump called for during his speech in Brussels on May 25. Trump said other nations are also starting to “realize that it’s time to pay up.”

“I was in Brussels, and I met President Trump. I listened to his speech, and I liked it, because you see NATO is based on values, but it is ultimately military alliance,” the Romanian president said. A reporter asked whether Iohannis thought it was fair that Trump encouraged NATO members to pay but also countries, including Romania, who had not paid two percent in the past to make up for that difference.

“And you know, military spendings are complicated, and you need a lot of money, because NATO is the strongest alliance the earth ever saw, and we want to keep it that way, so we have to spend money for defense purposes,” Iohannis said. “And spending money means if you’re in alliance, everybody has to spend money. This is called burden-sharing, and I fully agree, Mr. President, to that.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:11 pm 

...and McCain did not like Obama's foreign policies. This really must show that 45's policies are REALLY in the toilet. Sort of like his entire term at this point...

McCain: 'As Far As American Leadership Is Concerned,' Obama Is Better Than Trump
Quote:
McCain was asked about Trump's criticism of London Mayor Sadiq Khan in the aftermath of the ISIS-claimed terror attack that rocked the city earlier this month. McCain said that "as far as American leadership is concerned," the US's global standing was better under President Barack Obama than under Trump.

...and before you slam McCain remember you voted for him...not a good track record of supporting total incompetent politicians.

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:52 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
...and before you slam McCain remember you voted for him...not a good track record of supporting total incompetent politicians.

I always vote for the LEAST Communist candidate, it does NOT make him "my guy."

Look at the picture below, while Obama may have been President for the past 8 years, he did your party NO favors.

Yes?

Damn, it feels good to be a Republican!

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:46 pm 

DEMS LOSE AGAIN

GA SEAT SLIPS AWAY

$25,000,000.00 couldn't buy them a victory. I'm feeling pretty optimistic about the midterm elections.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:10 pm 

Trump backers hold sit-in at Starbucks after staff mocks woman in Trump T-shirt

Notice the difference from leftists. No destruction of property, no annoying people, no offensive language, simply making a point and actually buying things.

A group of Republicans turned the tables on a Charlotte Starbucks Saturday, after its staff was accused of mocking a customer for wearing a Donald Trump tee-shirt.

Starting at 2 p.m., more than 50 T-shirt wearing Trump backers staged a peaceful gathering at the Dilworth coffee house, filling chairs, tables and even the parking lot at one point.

The group told TV station Fox 46 the sit-in was a little tense at the beginning, when a throng of people filed through the door. But the mood lightened as more and more people ordered coffee using the names of different members of the Trump cabinet, including Mike Pence and Jeff Sessions.

P.J. O'Rourke

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61