Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 61  Next
 Post subject: Re: Damn, it feels good to be a Republican!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:13 am 
Banned

Artie60438 wrote:

You just might be looking at a dead cat bounce.

LOL You got an answer for everything don't ya?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:17 am 

Artie60438 wrote:
However, in an analysis of the impact of political conventions since 1960, Sabato concluded that post-convention polls signal the election's outcome only about half the time. "You could flip a coin and be about as predictive," he says. "It is really surprising how quickly convention memories fade."

You just might be looking at a dead cat bounce.

Funny how you,...the leader in posting Gallup Poll info,... never mentions any of that stuff when YOU plaster your 1% lead Gallup Polls all over the goddam board proclaiming a landslide victory.......

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:58 pm 

A dark day for Republicans, indeed. We've lost an entire segment of crucial voters. This apparently gives the folks at the Huffington Post another straw to grasp at.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andy-boro ... 24692.html

Pitbull Owners Blast Palin
Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, who famously compared herself to a pitbull in her vice-presidential acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention, appears to have antagonized a key voting bloc in the upcoming election, the nation's pitbull owners.
While Gov. Palin's assertion that the only difference between a hockey mom and a pitbull was "lipstick" drew a loud ovation from the Republican faithful in St. Paul, it raised the ire of the Pitbull Anti-Defamation League, a powerful association of pitbull fanciers who monitor the portrayal of pitbulls in the media.
"As someone who has owned pitbulls for the past twenty years, my jaw dropped," said Carol Foyler, the group's executive director. "Most of us are thinking the same thing: enough is enough."
Ms. Foyler said that for pitbull owners who have grown weary of their prized dogs being defamed and mistreated, Gov. Palin's wisecrack was the last straw: "We're all like, first the Michael Vick thing, and now this."

(Pitbull Anti-Defamation League???)

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:19 pm 

happy jack wrote:
A dark day for Republicans, indeed. We've lost an entire segment of crucial voters. This apparently gives the folks at the Huffington Post another straw to grasp at.

Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, who famously compared herself to a pitbull in her vice-presidential acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention, appears to have antagonized a key voting bloc in the upcoming election, the nation's pitbull owners.
While Gov. Palin's assertion that the only difference between a hockey mom and a pitbull was "lipstick" drew a loud ovation from the Republican faithful in St. Paul, it raised the ire of the Pitbull Anti-Defamation League, a powerful association of pitbull fanciers who monitor the portrayal of pitbulls in the media.
"As someone who has owned pitbulls for the past twenty years, my jaw dropped," said Carol Foyler, the group's executive director. "Most of us are thinking the same thing: enough is enough."
Ms. Foyler said that for pitbull owners who have grown weary of their prized dogs being defamed and mistreated, Gov. Palin's wisecrack was the last straw: "We're all like, first the Michael Vick thing, and now this."

huffington.....what'd ya expect?...

The idiot in this story say her jaw dropped....she get's emotional after this??...

I'd tell these a**h*** pitbull owners to go after the ones who REALLY gave your goddamn dogs the bad reputation they have so rightfully earned.... and then go explain all your bullshit to all these little kids who constantly are mauled and or killed by these f*****g things day in and day out...

9 times outta 10 it always a pitbull

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:22 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
happy jack wrote:

The idiot in this story say her jaw dropped....she get's emotional after this??...

I'd tell these a**h*** pitbull owners to go after the ones who REALLY gave your goddamn dogs the bad reputation they have so rightfully earned.... and then go explain all your bullshit to all these little kids who constantly are mauled and or killed by these f*****g things day in and day out...

huffington.....what'd ya expect?...they're the ones who give award winning pieces like this one.....

LOL!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:24 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:

You're in trouble now, mister.
The Pitbull Anti-Defamation League has your name on their list, and they're gonna come after you like ... well, like pitbulls.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:59 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
huffington.....what'd ya expect?...they're the ones who give award winning pieces like this one.....

LOL!

JAMIE LEE CURTIS SAYS
I couldn't hold my own for one minute in a debate on any issue with someone like a Barack Obama or Joseph Biden and neither can Sarah Palin.

Is she serious?

I couldn't hold my own for one minute in a debate on any issue with someone like a Barack Obama or Joseph Biden and neither can Sarah Palin.
???????????

BBBBBBBBBBBBWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:16 pm 
Banned

happy jack wrote:

So much for Michael Vick's vote........oh that's right he can't vote

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:18 pm 

born_again wrote:
happy jack wrote:

So much for Michael Vick's vote........oh that's right he can't vote

I wonder if Michael Vick is wearing lipstick....?

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:21 pm 

She should have used the phrase.

"The difference between a democrat and a donkey is", well, ones a jackass and one's a mule.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:24 pm 

USMarine wrote:

Well he's no longer a quarterback.....

he's a wide receiver now....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:26 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
USMarine wrote:

Well he's no longer a quarterback.....

he's a wide receiver now....

He started out a tight end....... :smt005

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:50 pm 

Autumn Angst: Dems fret about Obama

Polls showing McCain tied or even ahead of Obama are stirring angst among some of the Democratic Party’s most experienced operatives.

Polls showing John McCain tied or even ahead of Barack Obama are stirring angst and second-guessing among some of the Democratic Party’s most experienced operatives, who worry that Obama squandered opportunities over the summer and may still be underestimating his challenges this fall.

“It’s more than an increased anxiety,” said Doug Schoen, who worked as one of Bill Clinton’s lead pollsters during his 1996 reelection and has worked for both Democrats and independents in recent years. “It’s a palpable frustration. Deep-seated unease in the sense that the message has gotten away from them.”

Joe Trippi, a consultant behind Howard Dean’s flash-in-the-pan presidential campaign in 2004 and John Edwards’ race in 2008, said the Obama campaign was slow to recognize how the selection of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as McCain’s running mate would change the dynamic of the race.

“They were set up to run ‘experience versus change,’ what they had run [against Hillary] Clinton,” Trippi said. “And I think Palin clearly moved that to be change [and] reform, versus change. They are adjusting to that and that threw them off balance a little bit.”

A major Democratic fundraiser described it a good bit more starkly after digesting the polls of recent days: “I’m so depressed. It’s happening again. It’s a nightmare.”

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:19 pm 

Democrats on Capitol Hill fear Obama fallout

Democratic jitters about the US presidential race have spread to Capitol Hill, where some members of Congress are worried that Barack Obama’s faltering campaign could hurt their chances of re-election.

Party leaders have been hoping to strengthen Democratic control of the House and Senate in November, but John McCain’s jump in the polls has stoked fears of a Republican resurgence.

A Democratic fundraiser for Congressional candidates said some planned to distance themselves from Mr Obama and not attack Mr McCain.

“If people are voting for McCain it could help Republicans all the way down the ticket, even in a year when the Democrats should be sweeping all before us,” said the fundraiser, a former Hillary Clinton supporter.

“There is a growing sense of doom among Democrats I have spoken to . . . People are going crazy, telling the campaign ‘you’ve got to do something’.”

Damn, it feels good to be a Republican!

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:22 pm 

Party elders are also studying internal polling material which warns the Obama camp that his true standing is worse than it appears in polls because voters lie to polling companies about their reluctance to vote for a black candidate. The phenomenon is known in the US as the Bradley effect, after Tom Bradley, a black candidate for governor of California who lost after leading comfortably in polls.

P.J. O'Rourke

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 61  Next