Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: From the Wingnut Welfare Front
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:54 pm 
Banned

This is how those kook books that wingnuts like Jerome Corsi get to the top of a best seller list.....They have to practically give them away :smt005

From the Wingnut Welfare Front
By: Jane Hamsher Tuesday November 6, 2007 4:42 pm

(Julie London sings, "Cry Me a River")

This is simply awash with irony:

Five authors have sued the parent company of Regnery Publishing, a Washington imprint of conservative books, charging that the company deprives its writers of royalties by selling their books at a steep discount to book clubs and other organizations owned by the same parent company.

In a suit filed in United States District Court in Washington yesterday, the authors Jerome R. Corsi, Bill Gertz, Lt. Col. Robert (Buzz) Patterson, Joel Mowbray and Richard Miniter state that Eagle Publishing, which owns Regnery, "orchestrates and participates in a fraudulent, deceptively concealed and self-dealing scheme to divert book sales away from retail outlets and to wholly owned subsidiary organizations within the Eagle conglomerate."

Some of the authors' books have appeared on the New York Times best-seller list, including "Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry," by Mr. Corsi and John E. O'Neill (who is not a plaintiff in the suit), Mr. Patterson's "Dereliction of Duty: The Eyewitness Account of How Bill Clinton Compromised America's National Security" and Mr. Miniter's "Shadow War: The Untold Story of How Bush Is Winning the War on Terror." In the lawsuit the authors say that Eagle sells or gives away copies of their books to book clubs, newsletters and other organizations owned by Eagle "to avoid or substantially reduce royalty payments to authors."

The authors argue that in reducing royalty payments, the publisher is maximizing its profits and the profits of its parent company at their expense.

"They've structured their business essentially as a scam and are defrauding their writers," Mr. Miniter said in an interview, "causing a tremendous rift inside the conservative community."

These "authors" seem to believe that if Richard Mellon Scaiffe wasn't giving away copies to replace the Monkey Ward's catalog as outhouse toilet paper that people would be paying full price for their brilliant tomes.

I suppose we'll be seeing the swiftboaters in solidarity with the striking members of the WGA?

Oh I haven't laughed this hard since the Minutemen accused Alan Keyes of ripping them off.
http://tinyurl.com/5zbg9w

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

Post subject: Re: From the Wingnut Welfare Front
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:08 pm 

WARNING: Do NOT click on any links disguised as 'tinyurl'. It is an effort by artie to generate internet traffic for hate sites like dailykos.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:28 pm 

I don't understand what these guys are suing about. No sane person would spend money on fiction like this!
Shadow War: The Untold Story of How Bush Is Winning the War on Terror."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:30 pm 
Banned

USMarine wrote:
WARNING: Do NOT click on any links disguised as 'tinyurl'. It is an effort by artie to generate internet traffic for hate sites like dailykos.

dailykos is a hate site? You must be kidding.

THIS is an example of a hate site. Based on the posts of yours I've read, I bet you have it bookmarked.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:04 pm 

Dishonest deal wrote:
USMarine wrote:

THIS is an example of a hate site. Based on the posts of yours I've read, I bet you have it bookmarked.

You poor thing. "Dishonest" indeed.

Carry on.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:33 pm 
Banned

Dishonest deal wrote:
USMarine wrote:

Welcome to the board DH Deal :D I see you've made contact with the resident simpleton.

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:35 pm 

Artie60438 wrote:
Dishonest deal wrote:
USMarine wrote:

Welcome to the board DH Deal :D I see you've made contact with the resident simpleton.

You can just call him skraps, troll.

:smt005 :smt006

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:53 am 

Artie60438 wrote:

I see artie is talking to himself again....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:28 pm 

Liberal Parasites Line Up In Philadelphia For Food Stamps after Hurricane Irene

Thousands of people in Philadelphia are waiting in long lines for aid due to losses caused by Hurricane Irene; however, there is a lot of confusion over who exactly qualifies.

At several locations throughout the city, thousands lined up to get a month's worth of food stamps for food that was ruined by Hurricane Irene in late August.

However, confusion of who is exactly qualified for the food stamps has lead to long lines and short tempers.

Officials say the application deadline is 7 p.m. Tuesday for the Federal Emergency Management Agency program, which is administered by the state. Officials say it could take between 24-48 hours before an application for the food stamps is screened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pezJsSkON7Y&feature=player_embedded

Last edited by Moby Grape on Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:30 pm 

Liberal Welfare Recipients Spent $2.3 million in Massachusetts money, On Resorts, Nail Salons

more than $2.3 million in Massachusetts welfare money, meant to help the needy buy food, pay their rent and clothe their children, has been spent in locations outside the state in a three-month period, including pricey vacation destinations like Hawaii, Las Vegas, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pezJsSkON7Y&feature=player_embedded

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:52 pm 

The freeloaders, parasites and the perpetually entitlement crowd are hiring lawyers now.

Quote:
Welfare recipients file class-action
lawsuit over benefits limit

Detroit News, by Robert Snell

Detroit— Several welfare recipients filed a class-action lawsuit Friday in federal court to block a stricter, four-year lifetime limit on benefits from taking effect Saturday.

The lawsuit, filed against Human Services Director Maura Corrigan, said immediate intervention is needed to prevent more than 25,000 parents and children from losing benefits. The welfare recipients from Saginaw, Genesee and Macomb counties asked a federal judge to issue a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction, according to the complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Detroit.

According to the lawsuit, Corrigan is violating the recipients' rights under the due process clause of the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. The recipients claim Corrigan sent them pre-termination notices that cite a "secret policy" that hasn't been made publicly available and which provides a vague, generic explanation for why benefits are being terminated.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110930/MET ... z1ZTGIXOi1

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:04 am