Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: The next generation of Kennedy's ready to become leaders.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:31 pm 

Artie60438 wrote:
Speaking of fatal car accidents.....

On the evening of 6 November 1963, two days after her 17th birthday, Laura Welch failed to stop her Chevy sedan at a stop sign and smashed into a Corvair being driven by a school chum, Michael Douglas, also 17. Laura and her passenger, Judy Dykes, were treated for minor injuries at a nearby hospital, where they learned that Douglas had died from his injuries. No police charges were filed, apparently, but paperwork from the accident is missing or unclear and the details of the incident are a bit of a mystery. Now Laura Welch is married to U. S. president George W. Bush and is known around the world as LAURA BUSH. The story made national news during the presidential election of 2000, but little new information came to light. At the time her spokesman, Andrew Malcolm, said "To this day Mrs. Bush remains unable to talk about it."
http://tinyurl.com/6drj6g

There's also more @ http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/laura.asp

Funny how we never hear the freeptards bringing this up.

It's probably never brought up because Laura Welch was not a sitting senator nor an allegedly responsible adult who left a woman to die when a simple phone call may have saved her, as evidenced by the testimony of the diver who recovered the body.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chappaquiddick_incident
A diver was sent down and discovered Kopechne's body at around 8:45 am.[13] The diver, John Farrar, later testified at the inquest that Kopechne's body was pressed up in the car in the spot where an air bubble would have formed. He interpreted this to mean that Kopechne had survived for a while after the initial accident in the air bubble, and concluded that
“ Had I received a call within five to ten minutes of the accident occurring, and was able, as I was the following morning, to be at the victim's side within twenty-five minutes of receiving the call, in such event there is a strong possibility that she would have been alive on removal from the submerged car.[7]

Nor did Laura Welch wait to notify the authorities when, and only when, she knew that they would be finding out anyway, as did Ted 'Phelps' Kennedy.

Police checked the car's license plate and saw that it was registered to Kennedy.[1] When Kennedy, still at the pay phone by the ferry crossing, saw that the body had been discovered, he crossed back to Edgartown and went to the police station:

From Kennedy's initial statement:
There was a car parked in front of the cottage and I climbed into the backseat. I then asked for someone to bring me back to Edgartown. I remember walking around for a period and then going back to my hotel room. When I fully realized what had happened this morning, I immediately contacted the police

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:32 pm 
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:33 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:34 pm 

Artie60438 wrote:

Is this the Messiah's spiritual mentor, or just another guy from His neighborhood?

The company you keep.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:35 pm 

Always bringing up FACTS, jack. That can be very annoying to people who don't like them...... :lol: :smt006

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Speaking of fatal car accidents.....

On the evening of 6 November 1963, two days after her 17th birthday, Laura Welch failed to stop her Chevy sedan at a stop sign and smashed into a Corvair being driven by a school chum, Michael Douglas, also 17. Laura and her passenger, Judy Dykes, were treated for minor injuries at a nearby hospital, where they learned that Douglas had died from his injuries. No police charges were filed, apparently, but paperwork from the accident is missing or unclear and the details of the incident are a bit of a mystery. Now Laura Welch is married to U. S. president George W. Bush and is known around the world as LAURA BUSH. The story made national news during the presidential election of 2000, but little new information came to light. At the time her spokesman, Andrew Malcolm, said "To this day Mrs. Bush remains unable to talk about it."
http://tinyurl.com/6drj6g

There's also more @ http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/laura.asp

Funny how we never hear the freeptards bringing this up.

It's probably never brought up because Laura Welch was not a sitting senator nor an allegedly responsible adult who left a woman to die when a simple phone call may have saved her, as evidenced by the testimony of the diver who recovered the body.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chappaquiddick_incident
A diver was sent down and discovered Kopechne's body at around 8:45 am.[13] The diver, John Farrar, later testified at the inquest that Kopechne's body was pressed up in the car in the spot where an air bubble would have formed. He interpreted this to mean that Kopechne had survived for a while after the initial accident in the air bubble, and concluded that
“ Had I received a call within five to ten minutes of the accident occurring, and was able, as I was the following morning, to be at the victim's side within twenty-five minutes of receiving the call, in such event there is a strong possibility that she would have been alive on removal from the submerged car.[7]

Nor did Laura Welch wait to notify the authorities when, and only when, she knew that they would be finding out anyway, as did Ted 'Phelps' Kennedy.

Police checked the car's license plate and saw that it was registered to Kennedy.[1] When Kennedy, still at the pay phone by the ferry crossing, saw that the body had been discovered, he crossed back to Edgartown and went to the police station:

From Kennedy's initial statement:
There was a car parked in front of the cottage and I climbed into the backseat. I then asked for someone to bring me back to Edgartown. I remember walking around for a period and then going back to my hotel room. When I fully realized what had happened this morning, I immediately contacted the police

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:29 pm 

Golly another generation of career politicians

I would think anyone from Lake County would be dead set against a family of politicians keeping political offices all to themselves like the Kennedy want to do

Then again, the Kennedy's are not very bright. One flies a plane at night without proper training, another rapes a kid as a teenager, and another decides to ski into a tree. Yep they are very bright, them Kennedy kids

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:29 am 

Artie60438 wrote:
Meanwhile the Repubs are stuck with their comic book character "Caribou Barbie" :smt005

"Caribou Barbie"?

Artie can ya give us a list of skills and qualifications and accomplishments Caroline Kennedy has on her resume that makes you believe she's the one to fill Hillary's Senate seat...

In fact is there ANYONE out there who can list them?...or is that just asking too much out of you liberals....I do hope the credentials of your latest ''star offering'' start off a little better than ''community organizer''...And name a Kennedy that never held a job that was paid for from the gub'mint trough?

And what is with the New York Senate seat?....is this now becoming the launching pad for presidential candidates for you liberals?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:17 am 
Banned

Moby Grape wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Meanwhile the Repubs are stuck with their comic book character "Caribou Barbie" :smt005

"Caribou Barbie"?

Artie can ya give us a list of skills and qualifications and accomplishments Caroline Kennedy has on her resume that makes you believe she's the one to fill Hillary's Senate seat...

She's a successful,well qualified woman,although I'm not sure if she can field dress a moose....

Kennedy is an attorney, editor, writer and member of the New York and Washington, D.C. bars. She is one of the founders of the Profiles in Courage Award, given annually since 1990 to a person who exemplifies the type of courage examined in her father's Pulitzer Prize-winning book of the same name. The award is generally given to elected officials who, acting in accord with their conscience, risk their careers by pursuing a larger vision of the national, state or local interest in opposition to popular opinion or powerful pressures from their constituents. In May 2002, she presented an unprecedented Profiles in Courage Award to representatives of the NYPD, the New York City Fire Department, and the military as representatives of all of the people who acted to save the lives of others during the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001.[4]

From 2002 to 2004, Kennedy worked as chief executive for the Office of Strategic Partnerships for the New York City Department of Education. During this time, she helped raise more than $65 million for the city’s public schools. [5] She currently serves as the Vice Chair of The Fund for Public Schools, a public-private partnership founded in 2002 to attract private funding for public schools in New York City. [6]

In addition, Kennedy is currently President of the Kennedy Library Foundation,[3] a director of both the Commission on Presidential Debates and the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, and Honorary Chairman of the American Ballet Theatre. She is also an adviser to the Harvard Institute of Politics, a living memorial to her father.

http://tinyurl.com/29kjp8

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:22 am 

Lucky for her she never let Uncle Teddy give her a ride home..... :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:33 am 

Wow.....all that prize giving that makes Caroline the prime candidate for the senate seat being vacated by Hillary is that it?

I guess so...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:41 am 
Banned

Moby Grape wrote:
Wow.....all that prize giving that makes Caroline the prime candidate for the senate seat being vacated by Hillary is that it?

I guess so...

You miss these parts,freeptard?....

Quote:
Kennedy is an attorney, editor, writer and member of the New York and Washington, D.C. bars.

From 2002 to 2004, Kennedy worked as chief executive for the Office of Strategic Partnerships for the New York City Department of Education. During this time, she helped raise more than $65 million for the city’s public schools. [5] She currently serves as the Vice Chair of The Fund for Public Schools, a public-private partnership founded in 2002 to attract private funding for public schools in New York City. [6]

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:55 am 

Moby Grape wrote:

I guess so...

That makes Vanna White a viable choice, too.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:01 am 

Artie60438 wrote:
Moby Grape wrote:

She's a successful,well qualified woman,although I'm not sure if she can field dress a moose....

Quote:
Hill Ally: Caroline Is Not Ready For Senate
New York Post

ALBANY - A powerful labor leader with strong ties to Sen. Hillary Clinton yesterday joined the growing ranks of Democrats bashing Caroline Kennedy as a possible successor to the former first lady in the US Senate. "Caroline Kennedy, although I'm sure a fascinating and engaging person, simply doesn't have the experience or Washington know-how to get it done for New York," said Stuart Applebaum,

posting.php?mode=quote&f=7&t=5284&p=66506

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:49 pm 

See ya..!!!!!

I hope Kennedy's Hell is a great big giant lake........ :lol: :smt006

Teddy Worse, Wife Could Succeed

Ailing Sen. Kennedy reportedly may not return to Senate, and speculation grows that his wife will succeed him

Ailing Sen. Ted Kennedy may not return to the Senate, and speculation is brewing that the veteran Democratic lawmaker is setting up his wife, Vicki, to succeed him, according to a report Friday in the Boston Herald.

The article quoted friends of the family who said the Massachusetts senator's brain cancer has worsened and that he is resting at an undisclosed location in Florida.

A Kennedy family spokesman disputed the Herald's report, telling FOX News that Sen. Kennedy is not on his death bed and continues to recover in warmer climates when not traveling back to Washington for Senate business.

The spokesman added that the report that Vicki Kennedy is in line to succeed her husband couldn't be farther from the truth.

Kennedy, 76, returned to Capitol Hill recently to vote on President Obama's stimulus bill. On Inauguration Day, he was taken by ambulance to the hospital when he suffered a seizure at a reception for the new president.

The Herald said people close to Kennedy expect he may have only a few months to live.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/02 ... i-succeed/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:56 pm 
Banned

Buh Bye Uncle Ted.