Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
 Post subject: Re: I AM SICK AND TIRED OF MUSLIMS BEING OFFENDED
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:38 am 

Quote:
Oklahoma police captain sues department over mosque assignment
Fox News, by Mike Jaccarino

A Tulsa police officer and devout Christian is suing his department after being punished for refusing to go to a mosque for a mandatory cultural event.

Police Capt. Paul Campbell Fields, a 17-year veteran, was docked two weeks' pay, transferred, reduced to the graveyard shift and made ineligible for promotions for at least a year, after he told his chief his faith made it impossible for him to attend a "Law Enforcement Appreciation Day" at the Islamic Cultural Society of Tulsa, according to the lawsuit.

BREAK

Fields is seeking his docked pay, attorney's fees, as well as compensatory damages for the "humiliation" -- and damage to his reputation -- he suffered as a result of the affair.

The donnybrook has its origins in a Jan. 25, 2011, Tulsa Police Department staff meeting, in which Deputy Police Chief Alvin Webster informed fellow officers of the March 4 event at the Islamic center.

At that point, attendance was voluntary, according to the lawsuit.

The Islamic Cultural Center of Tulsa did not return calls or emails from FoxNews.com, but a promotional flier for the event cited in the suit states the event would include meetings with Muslim community leaders, a tour of the center's mosque, talks on Islam, as well as a 45-minute prayer service.

On Feb. 17, Webster sent out another email stating that attendance at the event was no longer voluntary, and that Fields was to order at least a few of the 25 or so men under his command to accompany him, there.

Fields replied that he believed the said order was an unlawful one, "in direct conflict with my personal religious convictions." In that email, Fields described Webster's order as, "conscience shocking."

Fields cc'd the department's chief, Charles W. Jordan, as well as other superiors on the email.

Four days later, Fields found himself explaining his actions at a meeting in Jordan's conference room. There, Webster asked -- on tape -- if Fields had solicited volunteers to attend the Islamic center's event.

“Yes, I have,” Fields replied, to which Webster asked, according to the suit, “Okay, and the response?”

"Is zero," replied the captain.

“All right," said Webster, "And so that makes this fairly easy. Are you prepared to designate two officers and a supervisor or yourself to attend this event?”

"No," said Fields, to which Webster replied by slapping the captain with the aforementioned punishments. Since then, Fields has toiled, according Muise, from 8:45 p.m. to about 7 a.m. on the "graveyard shift."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/16/ok ... z23u9vkWJA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:35 pm 

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF MUSLIMS BEING OFFENDED

well not this time...

Quote:

Flag-burning militant
chokes to death
on fumes

Washington Times, by Rana Tanveer

Around 10,000 people participated in the main rally organised on The Mall by the Tehreek Hurmat-i-Rasool. The participants marched from Nila Gumbad to Masjid-i-Shuhada on The Mall. Despite a ban on rallies on The Mall, the road remained blocked for vehicular traffic from noon to 6 pm. ...

One of the participants of the rally, Abdullah Ismail, passed away after he was taken to Mayo Hospital. Witnesses said he had complained of feeling unwell from the smoke from US flags burnt at the rally.

Read more: http://times247.com/articles/militant-d ... z26r6xyoxc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:45 pm 

The Scorpion and the Frog

A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream.
The scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back.
The frog asks, “How do I know you won’t sting me?”
The scorpion replies, “Because if I do, I will die too.”

The frog is satisfied, so they set out.
In midstream, the scorpion stings the frog.
The frog feels the onset of paralysis and starts to sink.
He has just enough time to gasp, “Why?!”

The scorpion replies: “Its my nature.”

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:59 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
I AM SICK AND TIRED OF MUSLIMS BEING OFFENDED

well not this time...

Quote:

Flag-burning militant
chokes to death
on fumes

Washington Times, by Rana Tanveer

Around 10,000 people participated in the main rally organised on The Mall by the Tehreek Hurmat-i-Rasool. The participants marched from Nila Gumbad to Masjid-i-Shuhada on The Mall. Despite a ban on rallies on The Mall, the road remained blocked for vehicular traffic from noon to 6 pm. ...

One of the participants of the rally, Abdullah Ismail, passed away after he was taken to Mayo Hospital. Witnesses said he had complained of feeling unwell from the smoke from US flags burnt at the rally.

Read more: http://times247.com/articles/militant-d ... z26r6xyoxc

Some people just can’t handle the beautiful scent of freedom.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:00 pm 

Obama Admin “Questions The Judgement” Of French Magazine Publishing Mohammed Cartoons
Wouldn’t want to offend the Islamic world’s delicate sensibilities.
Quote:
President Obama’s administration “questions the judgement” of publishing cartoons depicting the prophet Mohammed, given the possibility that it could cause unrest in the Middle East.

“Obviously, we have questions about the judgment of publishing something like this,” White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said today during the press briefing while discussing the cartoons published in France. “But we’ve spoken repeatedly about upholding the freedom of expression that is enshrined in our Constitution.”

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:26 pm 

Here ya go edge...from your newest and bestest buddies...

the ones you think our military needs to embrace!..embrace them all you want edge!!!

slarpks?...you can shove it too....

Quote:
40 Percent of US Muslim Voters
Want Islamic Law, 12
Percent Want Death for Blasphemers

Frontpage Magazine, by Daniel Greenfield

Sharia law is a fake issue manufactured by Islamophobes. It’s a complete non-issue for everyone but the 50 percent of Muslims who want blasphemy laws, the 40 percent who want to live under Islamic law and the 12 percent who want to murder blasphemers. Oh and another 9 percent are undecided on the question of whether we should be hanging blasphemers or not.

Now this is obviously a non-issue because we will never actually prosecute people for blasphemy, even though a man who made a movie that offended Muslims was sent to jail on the orders of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. We will never actually do it, even though Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer suggested that we could do it.

But we won’t, because it can never happen here… until it does.

Let’s run a little thought experiment here. Suppose that instead of a few million Muslims in America, there were 50 or 60 million Muslims. As there will eventually be if immigration and birth rates continue on track. Suppose we have Muslim majorities in entire states such as Illinois and Michigan. And since statistics for the Muslim diaspora show that 2nd and 3rd generation Muslims are actually more “radicalized” than their immigrant parents and grandparents, what happens when half of those 50 million Muslims vote based on Islamic law, rather on the Constitution?

http://frontpagemag.com/2012/dgreenfiel ... asphemers/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:03 pm 

Muslims Accuse Lego Of Racism Because Star Wars Toy Resembles A Mosque
So dumb. Muslims and liberals so easily find offense wherever they can.

Quote:
Lego has been accused of racism by the Turkish community over a Star Wars toy allegedly depicting a mosque.

The critics claim that the Jabba’s Palace model, part of Lego’s Star Wars range, offends Muslims as it resembles the Hagia Sophia mosque in Istanbul – one of the world’s most renowned mosques.

Members of the Turkish Cultural Community of Austria group also accused the toy manufacturer of depicting Asians as having ‘deceitful and criminal personalities’.

The group has released a statement calling for an apology from Lego for its cultural insensitivity.

The Lego set is based on the home of Jabba the Hutt, a central character in the Star Wars series, who lives in a domed palace, with a separated watchtower.

As well as bearing a likeness to the Hagia Sophia mosque, the Turkish group also claimed the toy takes its design from the Jami al-Kabir mosque in Beirut – while the watchtower is said to resemble a minaret.

P.J. O'Rourke

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17