Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Change begins now?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:43 am 

For all of you who voted for Obama because he promised you change, I would like periodically ask the question, "So, how has your life changed with the policies of Obama?"

Are there any of you who already notice a change, and if so, what has changed for you?

Post subject: Re: Change begins now?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:57 am 

Well, I guess either no on this board voted for Obama or no one has witnessed any change.

Just for the fun of it, I will tell you what has changed for me.

Change #1-We have a President who has never run anything, not even a corner store. Don't tell me he ran his campaign, because he didn't, he showed up and gave speeches. The candidate doesn't have time to run the campaign.

Change #2-We have a Vice President who thinks FDR was President and America had TV when the stock market crashed in 1929, (Herbert Hoover was in office and Television didn't become widely used until the '50's), he is also well known for his plagiarism in the late '80s.

Change #3-We have a Secretary of State, who has never run anything, not even a corner store. Her claim to fame is that she is the wife of a former President, who had sex in the Oval Office, disgraced the Presidency and was impeached.

Change #4-We have a CIA Director who has never worked in the intelligence field and is expected to take over during the most dangerous times we have ever faced.

Change #5-We have a Democrat Governor of Illinois who is the process of being impeached for trying to sell the Senate seat of the now President. At the same time, the Democrat Senate approved the person this Governor named as a replacement for that senate seat.

Change #6-Finally, though I don't think that this is the end, we have a nominee for Treasury Secretary who doesn't pay his taxes.

Oh, this is really upbeat. Only someone with their head firmly where the sun doesn't shine could think this is a positive situation.

Not sure I like the 'Change'

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:16 am 

Dick_Tracy wrote:
For all of you who voted for Obama because he promised you change, I would like periodically ask the question, "So, how has your life changed with the policies of Obama?"

Are there any of you who already notice a change, and if so, what has changed for you?

I guess it's too early to comment pretty much. For me, I think Obama is pretending to be this lovey,dovey, peace promoter for now. He has to go with his "sell" to the American people and the world. I'm the type of person who reads all facets of the news. Who know what to believe, for example, I was just reading on how Afghanistan wanted to have peace talks and it's been denied by the Obama administration. Is this true? If so, no mention in the media. :smt006

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php? ... &aid=11937

The Obama transition team has already rejected out of hand a plan for a negotiated peace settlement in Afghanistan which had been approved by the Karzai government as well as by its opponents. A leading mainstream German Afghanistan expert, Christoph Hörstel, who had attempted to play the role of a back channel between Afghan circles and the Obama team, reports that his approach with this peace plan was brusquely rejected by Obama's top Afghan advisor, who is not named in the report. This story is reported on the Swiss-German blog Alles Schall und Rauch.

According to Hörstel, Afghan Mujahideen circles also report that their efforts to negotiate with the incoming Obama adminstration have also been rejected, despite the fact that Kabul is now virtually surrounded and could fall to the Taliban at any time.

Hoerstel is the author of two recent books on Afghanistan.

The German language audio tape of the Hoerstel interview is available at the link given below.

Am 19. Januar hat Alles Schall und Rauch eine Interview mit einem der besten Kenner Afghanistans und der Taliban geführt. Herr Hörstel sagte zu mir, er hätte einen Friedensplan, der von den Taliban abgesegnet ist, den Sicherheitsberater des Obama-Team zugesandt, in Hinblick darauf, da die Taliban Kabul eingekesselt haben und 70% des Landes beherrschen, um weiteres Blutvergiessen zu verhindern Dieser Plan wurde von Obama vom Tisch gewischt. Hier der Link zum Interview:

http://alles-schallundrauch.blogspot.co ... rstel.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:49 am 

Well, my life has changed since yesterday. I have more fear of terrorism since Obama has announced he is going to be nice to the little terrorsts and even let them go in a year. No deterrent there to commit terrorist attacks on us anymore!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:52 am 

Dick_Tracy wrote:
Well, my life has changed since yesterday. I have more fear of terrorism since Obama has announced he is going to be nice to the little terrorsts and even let them go in a year. No deterrent there to commit terrorist attacks on us anymore!

What was President bin Obama's number one priority for his new admistration?

Healthcare? War? Economy?

NONE OF THE ABOVE

President bin Obama's first priority was to make sure the TERRORISTS are safe.

This is going to be a fun four years. God help us.

:(

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:09 am 

Quote:
Well, my life has changed since yesterday. I have more fear of terrorism since Obama has announced he is going to be nice to the little terrorsts and even let them go in a year.

That's right Dick.
All those "terrorsts" (where ITF is Gomer the spelling Nazi?) are going to be let out right on your front lawn.

better go hide under your bed

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:15 am 

TSk Tsk.....our poor little resident troll just doesn't get it.

Typical.

Al Qaeda Chief Was Released by U.S. From Gitmo
Friday, January 23, 2009

A Saudi man who was released from Guantanamo after spending six years inside the U.S. prison camp has joined Al Qaeda's branch in Yemen and is now the terror group's No. 2 in the country, according to a purported Internet statement from Al Qaeda.

The announcement, made this week on a Web site commonly used by militants, came as President Barack Obama ordered the detention facility closed within a year.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,481849,00.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:22 am 

edge540 wrote:
Quote:
Well, my life has changed since yesterday. I have more fear of terrorism since Obama has announced he is going to be nice to the little terrorsts and even let them go in a year.

That's right Dick.
All those "terrorsts" (where ITF is Gomer the spelling Nazi?) are going to be let out right on your front lawn.

better go hide under your bed

Oh, didn't you hear? John Murtha says he'll take them. He has prisons with minimum security. Actually, it would be a hoot to see them in our prisons, as long as their not in maximum security. Then again, inmates still seem to get their hands even on those . Although, things like that take time and with minimum security they could escape. I think it's a bad move and so do the people who lost loved ones in 911. :smt006

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:26 am 

Quote:
Oh, didn't you hear? John Murtha says he'll take them. He has prisons with minimum security.

Who said they will be in minimum security?

Oh never mind, nobody said that except mr.comedian & nobody said that they would be released in a year.

It's all rabid right bullshit fear mongering. typical.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:30 am 

And where are they going to go, mr. prison Guinness...?

Oh that's right.....nobody knows.

Not even bin Obama. Nobody.

They aren't sure what to do with them except to make sure they are safe and sound and don't "hate" us for making their little lives uncomfortable.

What a flippin' joke.

:roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:33 am 

edge540 wrote:
Who said they will be in minimum security?.

what difference does it make?

If they come here they will attract problems even if held in maximum security...

the rag heads residing in this country will come out in droves in support of this enemy.

Obama just gave them the cause.

And how convenient will it be for these animals to use our own laws against us when we disagree with them.

Obama just gave them the excuse.

Last edited by Moby Grape on Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:34 am 

I also read somewhere that they can't send them back to the countries they came from because they are afraid the people will kill them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:45 am 

Al Qaeda Chief Was Released by U.S. From Gitmo
Friday, January 23, 2009

translation:

The Bush Administration fukked up.
thanks George

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:50 am 

But isn't that what the left wants...?

Poor edge is twisting in the wind just like his Messiah..... :smt005 :smt006

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:56 am 

edge540 wrote:
Quote:
Oh, didn't you hear? John Murtha says he'll take them. He has prisons with minimum security.

Who said they will be in minimum security?

Oh never mind, nobody said that except mr.comedian & nobody said that they would be released in a year.

It's all rabid right bullshit fear mongering. typical.

BIG MOUTH MURTHA SAID IT. :smt005 :smt006

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/01 ... -district/

Rep. Jack Murtha, D-Pa., says he'd be willing to house prisoners from Guantanamo Bay in his congressional district if President Obama makes good on a plan to close the U.S. prison there.

As one of his first acts in office, the president circulated a draft Wednesday that would shut down Guantanamo Bay within a year.

Murtha only has a minimum security prison in his district. But he says he'd have no reservations about holding detainees there in a maximum security prison.

"Sure, I'd take 'em," said Murtha, an outspoken critic of the Iraq war. "They're no more dangerous in my district than in Guantanamo."
:smt005 :smt005 :smt006 :smt006