Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: While the clueless fret over Ann Coulter Cat Fight Part 1
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:25 pm 

:laughing3:

mattlap wrote:
Apparently I have to have even more BASIC reading for you ......

See Dick go broke ......
See Dick make Sally, Jane and Spot go broke ....
See Sally, Jane and Spot make EVERYONE go broke .....

Here is some more BASIC reading for you, Son.

See Dick pretend he knows what he's talking about.....
See mattlap pretend he knows what he's talking about as well......
See mattlap be a Dick......

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:38 am 

AIG and all the other companies should be allowed to fail, and then deal with the consequences.

All the government is doing, is rewarding irresponsibility with our tax dollars. These companies need to be left out to dry as an example, and to discourage irresponsible financial behavior in the future. :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:04 am 

edge540 wrote:
matt, you're dealing with ignorant, simpleminded morons.
You're wasting your time.

He knows edge.....for cryin out loud he has to step in constantly to answer questions that you can't....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:09 am 

Yeah right.
LOL, that's rich coming from an ignorant, racist, imbecile who said:
Quote:
And then ask that dumb MF'r to PLEASE READ what he signs from now on....OTOH maybe he KNEW exactly what he was signing....who will take the fall for his incompetence ...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:14 am 

Poor hedge.... :(

Making himself look more foolish by the post.

It appears that the bonus money for AIG was included in the STIMULUS bill that President bin Obama signed.

Now that just cracks me up..... :smt006

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:18 am 

The more I read into this AIG the more I'm changing my tune. Dodd is the one who changed the bill to allow these bonuses via Geithner and I'm pretty sure Obama knew about it too. I think this is just a big diversion as to where the 183 billion in Treasury giveaways actually went to. I think this is all a money laundering scam....in a nut shell. Face it these bailouts are bailing out all the crooks who have monies in off shore bank accounts. These people are all in kahoots together ....and were paying for it. :smt006

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:21 am 

comedian wrote:
The more I read into this AIG the more I'm changing my tune. Dodd is the one who changed the bill to allow these bonuses via Geithner and I'm pretty sure Obama knew about it too. I

You are correct, Fleet Admiral.

8) :smt006

Dodd Blames Obama Administration for Bonus Amendment (Update1)

By Ryan J. Donmoyer

March 19 (Bloomberg) -- Senate Banking Committee Chairman Christopher Dodd said the Obama administration asked him to insert a provision in last month’s $787 billion economic- stimulus legislation that had the effect of authorizing American International Group Inc.’s bonuses.

Dodd, a Connecticut Democrat, said yesterday he agreed to modify restrictions on executive pay at companies receiving taxpayer assistance to exempt bonuses already agreed upon in contracts. He said he did so without realizing the change would benefit AIG, whose recent $165 million payment to employees has sparked a public furor.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... _tMXRy2vDs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:22 am 

And meanwhile boys & girls, the Republican circular firing squad continues -too funny & way too funny:

Quote:
Laura Ingraham: Meghan McCain a 'Useful Idiot'

Laura Ingraham can’t quit her feud with Meghan McCain.

Ingraham, who last week called McCain "plus-sized," sent an e-mail out last night in which she described the 24-year-old daughter of John McCain as an "idiot" who’s being used by the media simply because she’s a Republican criticizing her own party. From her e-mail:

Memo to Meghan McCain: Enjoy the media coverage while it lasts, but know you’re being used. You are the flavor of the month in left-wing media land because you are a Republican bashing the GOP …

Now the left is seizing on one satirical line from our show to paint Meghan as the victim of a right-wing hate crime. This comes from the same playbook responsible for the ongoing demonization of Rush Limbaugh — where his take on President Obama’s economic policies are misrepresented as some kind of attack on America. Their goal is to malign outspoken conservatives (specifically in talk radio) as members of a radical fringe movement whose right to free speech is questionable at best.

Ingraham goes on to wonder why the media didn’t fly into a frenzy when people were speculating about Jessica Simpson’s weight earlier this year, which, we admit, is a valid point. Do you agree? We’re sure McCain won’t.

Meanwhile, Ms. McCain was meant to appear on Howard Kurtz’s CNN show this Sunday, but canceled, which led Kurtz to conclude, "We wanted to ask her about something she wrote where she said her dating life had been ruined by being the daughter of a presidential candidate. Maybe she got a date and she found better company to keep." That, of course, is a reference to a Daily Beast post in which McCain complained she couldn’t get a date.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:24 am 

Methinks poor hedge doesn't like the fact that he got burned again because he doesn't have a clue what he is talking about.... :smt005 :smt006

Meanwhile, the Messiah is lying through his teeth and Senator Dodd is trying to foist the blame on the "outraged" lying little community organizer.

Way too funny..... :smt006

Sen. Dodd Admits Adding Bonus Provision to Stimulus Package

Sen. Chris Dodd says Treasury forced him to add language to the stimulus bill last month that specifically excluded executive bonuses included in contracts signed before the bill's passage.

In a dramatic reversal Wednesday, Sen. Chris Dodd, D-Conn., confessed to adding language to a spending cap in the stimulus bill last month that specifically excluded executive bonuses included in contracts signed before the bill's passage.

Dodd told FOX News that Treasury officials forced him to make the change.

"As many know, the administration was, among others, not happy with the language. They wanted some modifications to it," he said. "They came to us, our staff, and asked for changes, and the changes at the time did not seem that obnoxious or onerous."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first10 ... s-package/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:33 am 

Perhaps it is Obama's turn to be thrown under the bus?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:59 am 

Freedom Fighter wrote:

:lol: :smt006

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:27 pm 

Freedom Fighter wrote:

Ah well now that you mention it, it looks like it's Meghan McCain that's being "thrown under the bus" & guess who's doing it... :smt005 Yeah that's right, her father, "Straight Talk" John McCain.
Our gung-ho "war hero" is afraid of insulting lunatic fringe, rabid right talk show hosts, Laura Ingraham & Ann Coulter who insulted his own daughter.
Way to go John, you da man. :smt006

Quote:
Father Of The Year
Today, in his “Twitterview” with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) shied away from condemning Ingraham’s gratuitous attacks on his daughter. Stephanopoulos asked McCain, “What do you think of Meghan’s feud with Coulter and Ingraham?” McCain first said, “I’m proud of my daughter and she has a right to her opinions.” When asked if he agrees with his daughter, McCain did not say, simply stating, “like any family we agree on some things and disagree on others.”

What kind of a man is this that he can't even defend his daughter against personal insults from the likes of Laura Ingraham? He doesn't even have a political motivation, as low and cynical as that might be. He won't be running for president again. He's never been a favorite of the right wing and has no reason to curry favor with them now and everything we know about him would suggest that he thinks right wingers like Coulter are political poison. They sure aren't friends of his.

http://digbysblog.blogspot.com/2009/03/ ... ry-is.html

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:31 pm 

edge540 wrote:
ignorant racist wrote:
Quote:
And then ask that dumb MF'r to PLEASE READ what he signs from now on....OTOH maybe he KNEW exactly what he was signing....who will take the fall for his incompetence ...

LOL. It was your boy, clueless George who singed the bill back in October dumbass.

That's where the money came from you ignorant fool.

(Why would the President want to singe a bill..?)

Tsk Tsk...... :(

Methinks our little hedge would like to forget about his post.

"Ignorant fool" indeed.

Way too funny.

Dodd Blames Obama Administration for Bonus Amendment (Update1)
By Ryan J. Donmoyer

March 19 (Bloomberg) -- Senate Banking Committee Chairman Christopher Dodd said the Obama administration asked him to insert a provision in last month’s $787 billion economic- stimulus legislation that had the effect of authorizing American International Group Inc.’s bonuses.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:56 pm 

Like I said, it's nothing more than a distraction to take away from all the other spending going on. :smt006

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Paul_Bill ... _0319.html

Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) yet again went against the grain in Congress when he stood up in the House and argued against a proposal that would tax 90 percent of AIG executive bonuses, saying that it was a "disgrace," a "distraction" and an "outrage" that undermined the Constitution.
"I rise in opposition to this rule and the bill because of the problem -- because of the lack of need for this and the disgrace that this has brought upon us," Paul said. "Yesterday, for instance, the Federal Reserve met and they came out and they announced that they would create new money to the tune of $1.25 trillion."
Paul, a dark horse Republican candidate for president in 2008 who still enjoys considerable popularity with a base of hardcore supporters, noted that the value of the dollar went down significantly after that announcement by the Fed.
"Today...on emergency legislation, we're going to deal with $165 million of bonuses, which obviously shouldn't have never been given, but who's responsible for this?" Paul said. "It's the Congress and the president who signed this [$787 billion stimulus bill that allowed the bonuses to go forward]. So this is a distraction, this is an outrage."
He chided his fellow House members who were considering supporting the new tax legislation for only caring about the millions in bonuses when they should be concerned with the trillions in deficits the country is facing.
"So everybody can go home that voted for this bill, say, 'Look, I'm clamping [down] on this $165 million but I don't care about the previous $5 trillion the Fed created and the $1.25 trillion they created yesterday,'" he said. "Think of the loss of purchasing power in less than 24 hours."

Paul urged his House members to support his bill, H.R. 1207, which would change the way the Federal Reserve is audited.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:01 pm 

Oh my goodness, it looks like 85 Republicans had the balls to essentially tell Boss Limbaugh the leader of the GOP, to go F himself, who has been defending the bonuses to incompetent AIG crooks.
Oh & Ron Paul, F you too :smt005
Quote:
House Passes Heavy Tax on Bonuses at Rescued Firms
By DAVID STOUT
WASHINGTON — Spurred on by a tidal wave of public anger over bonuses paid to executives of the foundering American International Group, the House voted 328 to 93 on Thursday to get back most of the money by levying a 90 percent tax on it.

The measure easily surpassed a procedural hurdle requiring a two-thirds majority vote, thanks to considerable Republican support. The Senate will consider a roughly similar measure, perhaps next week. If something is approved in that chamber the House and Senate versions would have to be reconciled, so prospects for final passage of a bill are unclear.

But there was no doubt after the House vote that the lawmakers were keenly aware of their constituents’ anger, which was focused on A.I.G., although the House measure would apply to executives of any company getting more than $5 billion in federal bailout money.

In one sign of the issue’s political potency, 85 Republicans joined 243 Democrats in voting for the measure rather than for a rival proposal put forth by the Republican leadership. Only 6 Democrats voted against the bill, along with 87 Republicans...

Last edited by edge540 on Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next