Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Pelosi playing defense on torture
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:07 am 

Quote:
Pelosi playing defense on torture
Politico

Nancy Pelosi didn’t cry foul when the Bush administration briefed her on “enhanced interrogation” of terror suspects in 2002, but her team was locked and loaded to counter hypocrisy charges when the “torture” memos were released last week. Many Republicans obliged, led by former CIA chief Porter Goss, who is accusing Democrats like Pelosi of “amnesia” for demanding investigations in 2009 after failing to raise objections seven years ago

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0409/21724.html

why no objections then?

It appears that by her silence on the subject... she gave her tacit approval...

anyone care to debate that?

Post subject: Re: Pelosi playing defense on torture
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:14 am 

Moby Grape wrote:
Quote:
Pelosi playing defense on torture
Politico

Nancy Pelosi didn’t cry foul when the Bush administration briefed her on “enhanced interrogation” of terror suspects in 2002, but her team was locked and loaded to counter hypocrisy charges when the “torture” memos were released last week. Many Republicans obliged, led by former CIA chief Porter Goss, who is accusing Democrats like Pelosi of “amnesia” for demanding investigations in 2009 after failing to raise objections seven years ago

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0409/21724.html

why no objections then?

It appears that by her silence on the subject... she gave her tacit approval...

anyone care to debate that?

No different than the litany of Democrats who supported the invasion of Iraq - until the war became unpopular, that is. Then, they seemed to have forgotten how they voted, and had to be reminded.
Same s***, different day.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:29 am 

I'm all for a bipartisan investigation on this. Then we'll find out who knew what, when & why objections were not raised seven years ago.

I'm all for finding out the TRUTH....are Republicans?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:51 am 

edge540 wrote:

They already know it....

They just don't think the enemy should....but for some reason Obama DOES...

And our soldiers will suffer the consequences.....

Are you for that?...

And do you mind telling us why your savior is doing this in the first place?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:13 am 

I think that any of leaders who approved the torture policy who be prosecuted.The spectacle of Dick Cheney racing around the country giving interviews in a desperate attempt to stifle discussion of his role in torture is fabulous entertainment.The things he approved will make Spiro Agnew seem like a choir boy.
http://www.mindjustice.org/wisdom.htm#V
The agency, as Cheney said that morning, went over to “the dark side.” On Monday, September 17, President Bush issued a fourteen-page top secret directive to Tenet and the CIA, ordering the agency to hunt, capture, imprison, and interrogate suspects around the world. It set new limits on what the agency could do. It was the foundation for a system of secret prisons where CIA officers and contractors used techniques that included torture. One CIA contractor was convicted of beating an Afghan prison to death. This was not the role of a civilian intelligence service in a democratic society. But it is clearly what the White House wanted the CIA to do. ...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:34 am 

sparks wrote:
One CIA contractor was convicted of beating an Afghan prison to death. This was not the role of a civilian intelligence service in a democratic society. But it is clearly what the White House wanted the CIA to do. ...

First of all, where did you get the information that the White House wanted a prisoner beaten to death?
Second of all, what benefit would the White House derive from beating someone to death?
Third of all, why are you making things up?

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:49 am 

happy jack wrote:
sparks wrote:
One CIA contractor was convicted of beating an Afghan prison to death. This was not the role of a civilian intelligence service in a democratic society. But it is clearly what the White House wanted the CIA to do. ...

First of all, where did you get the information that the White House wanted a prisoner beaten to death?
Second of all, what benefit would the White House derive from beating someone to death?

Here is the link to back up what happened.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5663802
August 17, 2006 · A North Carolina jury convicted a former CIA contractor of assaulting a detainee in Afghanistan. The victim died after being beaten severely during an interrogation by David Passaro, who was once a Green Beret medic. The verdict marks the first time a U.S. civilian has been convicted of prisoner abuse overseas.
The Bush administration authorized the increased use of torture as a knee-jerk reaction to
9/11, even though there is plenty of evidence to show that torture rarely produces good intelligence. Real leaders step up and assume responsibilty for the consequences of their decisions. People like Cheney just lie about it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:55 am 

sparks wrote:
happy jack wrote:
sparks wrote:

Here is the link to back up what happened.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5663802
August 17, 2006 · A North Carolina jury convicted a former CIA contractor of assaulting a detainee in Afghanistan. The victim died after being beaten severely during an interrogation by David Passaro, who was once a Green Beret medic. The verdict marks the first time a U.S. civilian has been convicted of prisoner abuse overseas.
The Bush administration authorized the increased use of torture as a knee-jerk reaction to
9/11, even though there is plenty of evidence to show that torture rarely produces good intelligence. Real leaders step up and assume responsibilty for the consequences of their decisions. People like Cheney just lie about it.

I asked you three questions.
You answered none of them.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:56 am 

edge540 wrote:
...we'll find out who knew what, when & why objections were not raised seven years ago.

Yeah, mmmhmm, right. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:56 am 

sparks wrote:
Real leaders step up and assume responsibilty for the consequences of their decisions. People like Cheney just lie about it.

Or throw everyone under the bus....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:57 am 

happy jack wrote:
I asked you three questions.
You answered none of them.

don't hold your breath waiting for one either...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:06 am 

sparks wrote:
I think that any of leaders who approved the torture policy who be prosecuted.The spectacle of Dick Cheney racing around the country giving interviews in a desperate attempt to stifle discussion of his role in torture is fabulous entertainment.

Wrong you ass hole....the spectacle of your worthless messiah 0bama showing us he is more concerned about the rights of foreign terrorists than he is about the rights of American citizens and soldiers is revolting....

We are NOT dealing with a uniformed enemy you idiot....so don't even bother waving the Geneva Convention around as if you authored it...

This cowardly enemy hides himself amongst women and children and kills indiscriminately and if that means killing his own people in the process than so be it.

So unless you've had the experience of walking through the streets of Fallujah with all those eyes upon you and wondering who is the enemy and who is the friendly because they look, act, and smell identical then I don't believe you have any f***in room to talk.

So the sooner you get it through your thick f***in skull that the only way we get reliable information from this enemy is to beat it and torture it out of them...the better...

and yes...it does work...and if it takes torturing 1000 of these f***in animals to save one American life than so be it...

So unless your prepared to go out and walk the streets of Fallujah wondering who is the enemy and who isn't I suggest you just shut your goddamn mouth.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:28 am 

Moby Grape wrote:

So unless your prepared to go out and walk the streets of Fallujah wondering who is the enemy and who isn't I suggest you just shut your goddamn mouth.

Cowardly little trolls like sporkles the pious and the hedge troll are afraid of their own shadows and wouldn't walk the streets of their own neighborhoods after dark much less pick up a weapon and walk in a combat zone.

It's typical of people who have never walked the walk to sit there and run their pieholes and talk the talk while wringing their hands over the fate of the poor terrorists.

:smt022

Our resident fowls would sacrifice their own families just so they can strut about and proclaim their "understanding" of the terrorists and crow about how pious they live their lives.

Makes me want to vomit.

:smt078

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:43 am 
Banned

Moby Grape wrote:

...and if it takes torturing 1000 of these f***in animals to save one American life than so be it...

Amen to that Moby...UNLESS...that one American life is squirts, oldlyingtwat540 or someone else of that ilk.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:49 am 

edge540 wrote:
I'm all for a bipartisan investigation on this. Then we'll find out who knew what, when & why objections were not raised seven years ago.

Yep! Let it all hang out! That means everything now that this low life Obama has brought all this upon us. Now, he may even put out the pictures for the whole world to see too. Why he isn't releasing ALL INFO is beyond me... :roll: :smt006 Terrorists first...country last. :evil:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next